YCM's Playstation Network

Agro

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~WULF~' timestamp='1328051383' post='5792479']
Does the demo count?
[/quote]
I guess. How much does the demo allow you to play?

[quote name='Wraith' timestamp='1328052685' post='5792543']
I could have gotten it for free but I was too damn slow.
[/quote]
Was it a special offer by PSN, or something else?

So for this BlazBlue Tournement... Here's how I have my buttons layed out atm.

[B][C][D][ABCD]
[A][--][--][Rapid]

Was sort of thinking I want the rapid button underneath c, but I don't want to accidentially press it in gameplay. any ideas? And I'll be getting SFxTekken soon enough so I'll form an first day opinion on it when it's released.

I guess I better join and ask for affiliation.

Username: Phantom Roxas
PSN Username: Phantom_Roxas
Favorite Game: Kingdom Hearts II

Club Name (and URL): [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/275070-gladiators-of-solana-the-ratchet-clank-fan-club/]Gladiators of Solana: The Ratchet & Clank Fan Club[/url]
Host's Name: Phantom Roxas
Subject of Club: Where Ratchet & Clank fans get together.
Reason for Affiliation: All 4 One has co-op, so I figured I might as well affiliate with the PSN club.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1328062823' post='5793021']
I guess I better join and ask for affiliation.

Username: Phantom Roxas
PSN Username: Phantom_Roxas
Favorite Game: Kingdom Hearts II

Club Name (and URL): [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/275070-gladiators-of-solana-the-ratchet-clank-fan-club/]Gladiators of Solana: The Ratchet & Clank Fan Club[/url]
Host's Name: Phantom Roxas
Subject of Club: Where Ratchet & Clank fans get together.
Reason for Affiliation: All 4 One has co-op, so I figured I might as well affiliate with the PSN club.
[/quote]Accepted and Accepted. Do you want me to fill out an affiliation app in your club as well?

So... Soul Calibur 5.

Awesome game period lol. And for the sake of it. Heres a rundown of the characters Ive played as, and how much I like them etc.

-----------------
Patrokolos - Love his playstyle. I use it dominantly for my created character (when I get home later Ill take a picture and show him). Very fluid and balanced character overall, and his Critical Edge works well with pretty much everything. A bit overkill considering the damage but meh.

Alpha Patrokolos - Cant use him for the life of me, but then again he plays like Setsuka and his regular form in one package. His critical edge is more of a distance closer and a defensive measure than anything though. Weak damage but its quick.

Pyrra/Pyrra Omega - Great successor to her mother, plays a little easier. And aside from her critical edge theres not much difference as far as playing her goes, ones just slightly more defense inclined while the one possessed by Soul Edge is overkill. So... yeah.

Z.W.E.I - Play at your own risk. He's like a combination of Ivy and a dumbed down Yeung Sung or however you spell his name. Amazing character though. Wolf Familiar and awesome. Hell yes.

Siegfried - Slower than his other incarnations but otherwise the same.

Cervantes - Faster than his other incarnations, unblockables can actually be combo'd into. Balanced though. So yay.

Viola - ... How the hell do you use her?!

Ezio Auditore - This guy is the bane of nightmares and slow characters. True to his assassin style, his wake-ups border on instant kill worthy, and his critical edge seems to have a unique property. In that, if the opponent has 5% or less health on its last hit it will kill them anyway and add the damage after the animations are done. Very fast and unlike most Bonus Characters to consoles he isn't so much broken as... what the hell. He doesnt do the standard "hit me and I punish you", no it's more "slam me to the ground and I'll slit your ******' throat". If anything knocking him down only HELPS him, since the player wont have to do that odd down+g > let go, to do the wake-up attacks.

Soul of Devil Jin - No idea... got my rear handed to me by it earlier though.

Oh and I better add this so people don't go "wait what why so many mimic characters". Elysium will mimic random female characters, Edgemaster will mimic every character, and ***** (censoring out because this character took a level in bad*ss in this incarnation) will mimic random male characters. You can use each of their souls as part of your created character too if you're inclined to do so.
-----------------

Havent really played anyone else but damn is this game fun.

[quote name='~WULF~' timestamp='1328220358' post='5795787']
Well...I dont have soul calibur 5, but I do have soul calibur 4. ...They brought cervantes back? 0_o
[/quote]

No longer possessed by the Soul Edge, something about his youth being restored to when he was in his prime. Makes sense given the SC4 conclusion (hint: None of the endings were literally canon). But yeah. Also, I got the 5th set of weapon skins for each character, not sure how they actually unlocked but a majority of them are amazing.

Oh and as earlier, I did say I'd post my character:

[center][img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419408_2734672534149_1477401415_32353094_1611312435_n.jpg[/img][/center]

As far as anything but story goes yea. If you're like "well... if I can't know each characters side of the story I won't play" then this is a game ruiner. But if you dont mind one linear but interesting as hell story, that can be finished in under an hour, then go for it. This game is phenomenal at doing what it's genre asks of it, BEING A FIGHTING GAME. And it's highly likely that no 2 characters will ever be the same appearance wise, it's so insanely indepth that you'd have to TRY to make a character like someone else.

[quote name='Icy' timestamp='1328235787' post='5796272']
No longer possessed by the Soul Edge, something about his youth being restored to when he was in his prime. Makes sense given the SC4 conclusion (hint: None of the endings were literally canon). But yeah. Also, I got the 5th set of weapon skins for each character, not sure how they actually unlocked but a majority of them are amazing.

Oh and as earlier, I did say I'd post my character:

[center][img]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419408_2734672534149_1477401415_32353094_1611312435_n.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]
Pretty sweet charcter you've got there. I assume that's a gauntlet in his left hand.

I have SC4 too, and I was wondering, who's the bad guy in SC5? Is it Nightmare, or someone new?

[quote name='CM Renji' timestamp='1328238512' post='5796351']
Pretty sweet charcter you've got there. I assume that's a gauntlet in his left hand.

I have SC4 too, and I was wondering, who's the bad guy in SC5? Is it Nightmare, or someone new?
[/quote]

That answer is... very subjective. There's one of 3-4 bad guys, 2 of which are as pure as it gets.

[center][img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419146_2734672894158_1477401415_32353095_712564308_n.jpg[/img][/center]
[left]Also I just added a snowflake on his gauntlet shoulder with a pure white number 3 in it as a kind of easter egg with a purpose (family thing).[/left]

Archived