MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Wonder levitated a book down from the top shelf. The cover depicted a purple Unicorn mare, in front of a six pointed star. It was a book he had read before, a few years ago, about a few major events from a hundred or so years ago. Before he could start reading, Sniffy started speaking. [i]'Perhaps she's not as no-' [/i]he began thinking, when she sneezed, "Gesundheit" he said quickly [i]'-rmal as I thought' [/i]he thought, in response to her noting how they were inside of a temple. At the same time, no less. When she brought up a 'Very Special Somepony' Wonder's face reddened. "Well- um- uh-" he stuttered. His mind shifted to Blazer for a moment, but he shook off the thought, "I-isn't that a little personal?" he asked, nervously. "But..." he began reluctantly, "I-I guess I d-don't, no"

Honeypot looked curiously at Dawn again, "Uh... yeah, that's great. It's good to be... prepared" she muttered. [i]'What is wrong with her speech? She's worse than Canterlotion Unicorns' [/i]she thought, [i]'And what's with calling us commoners? Isn't she supposed to be a shipwrecked mare from some torn country or something like that?'[/i]

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's a bit personal. But, then again, there's nothing wrong with getting to know one another~" Sniffy said, with a smile. "Besides, I can answer the question fine."

She blinked. "Um...or, maybe I can't. However, I can tell you right now I've got no one."

Her eyes lost focus for a bit, as her memories slowly danced around her mind.

________

[i]Sniffy lay on her bed, staring at the golden necklace, a small smile on her face. "I still can't believe Snowfire gave me this...it's so pretty~"

She got up from her bed, and slid the necklace on, looking in the mirror. "Yet, he just put it on my front step and left, with a note saying 'Happy Birthday'... he should have stayed and let me thank him. I should do that, later~"

She looked once again at her reflection in the mirror, and smiled.

_________[/i]

"Say, why are you and those other ponies here? Do you live here?" Sniffy asked. "It seems a bit...out of the way."

Dawn looked at Honeypot. "You are a bit odd. However, you have a pleasing presence. Therefore, I believe it is the wisest course of action to ask you. What is the method to train under the arts of 'making friends'?

After everypony had finished breakfast, Blazer trotted into a small, empty room. She lied on the floor and started doing push-ups; Something she does regularly to keep strong and fit. [i]"1, 2, 3, 4..."[/i] After a few minutes of exercise, she figured she had done enough. [i]"...397, 398, 399, 400! And 401 for good measure!" [/i]She stood up and trotted to the restroom to dry herself.

A few moments passed, and Blazer stepped back into the main dining area. She noticed that Wonder didn't return with Sniffy yet. [i]"Huh.. guess they're still exploring. I'm sure they're fine, but I believe I should check on those guys anyway." [/i]She left the dining area, and managed to find the ponies after a bit of searching. She patted Wonder on the back and greeted everypony. "Hey guys. Sniffy, I take it you're taking a liking to the temple?"

"Well, I guess you're right..." Wonder muttered, not wanting to remain on the subject for too long. Thankfully, after a moment of silence, Sniffy asked Wonder a different question. "Oh, well, um... I used to live here. A couple of years back. That's why I decided to come here with my friends. See, my friend, Morning, the Earth Pony with the red markings and the mirror, she's got... a relation to something from a very long time ago. I came back here to ask the monks if they knew anything about it, y'know?" he explained, "We thought things like that might help with..." he began, before realizing how dangerous mentioning their plan might be, "...Our objective".

It was only a moment after that Wonder felt a hoof on his back, which made him jump greatly, and let out a little yelp. When he realized it was just Blazer, his entire face turned as red as before, realizing he had just made a complete fool out of himself, and made himself look like a total wimp. "O-oh, it's you Blazer! Y-you startled me"

Honeypot eyed Dawn some more, [i]'I'M the odd one?'[/i] she thought, slightly irritated. "Well, um..." she began, "Making friends isn't really an 'art'" Honeypot told her. "You've just got to be nice, y'know, act friendly and everything" She explained. "You're friends with that other Mare, weren't you? How'd you make friends with her?"

"Objective, huh?" Sniffy asked, raising an eyebrow. Suddenly, her alone time with Wonder was interrupted by Blazer nearly causing Wonder to have a heart attack by gently tapping his shoulder.

"Oh, hello there. So you're name's Blazer? In case you were wondering, me and Wonder were just discussing some...adult matters~"

She smirked, walking past Wonder and Blazer. As she did so, she leaned slightly toward Blazer. "He's a fine catch, isn't he?"

Then out loud, before leaving the room, she announced: "Well, I should get back to Dawn. Who knows what sort of havoc she's causing over there...toodaloo~"

Dawn tilted her head a bit. "Friends...what a strange word. Its meaning cannot be found through the context in which it is used..."

She blinked, and gazed at Honeypot. "So...how should I be...nice? Is it the same as ordering people to get me things I desire? Because that sounds quite easy..."

[i]Sniffy...is my friend? What a strange feeling...[/i]

"Oh, sorry Wonder! I didn't mean to startle you like that. You alright?" Blazer blushed a bit herself from scaring Wonder. She quickly shook it off and looked over at Sniffy, who had been chatting with Wonder. "Oh yes, that's my name, don't wear it out." She said with a giggle.

Blazer grew a bit confused after what Sniffy had said. [i]"Adult matters? I... huh?"[/i] She grew a bit angry and confused at this. "I AM an adult pony!" She got a bit upset, but quickly shook it off. "Oh, um.. anyway, sorry again for startling you Wonder. Maybe that might have helped you prepare for if we run into stealthy thief ponies." She said in a joking manner.

Wonder took a few shaky breaths, and regained his composure. "Y-yeah, it's okay, Blazer. I think my heart is beating again" he joked. After Sniffy left the room, Wonder glanced to Blazer, "Don't worry about that. We weren't really discussing anything imp-" he began, but his voice caught in his throat, and he found himself nearly unable to finish, "Um- Anything important, I mean" he finished, quickly. After a moment of silence, Wonder remembered something, "OH! That's right, while we were eating breakfast, Whiteroot gave me something" Wonder said, then brought said scroll out of his bag and unfurled it. His eyes widened while he read it, "Wow, this is... odd. But... incredible..."

Honeypot once again could only stare at Dawn, "What are you on about?" she asked her. "No, that's not nice, really. Being nice is... well... Oh, it's hard to explain. You mean to tell me that, where you're from, you've NEVER heard the word nice before?" She asked, "That's... ridiculous!"

"Nice...well, I believe I have heard it. Snowfire once said it is nice to be the strongest. So, will people be my 'friends' if I am the strongest? Must we do battle for me to prove my strength? That does not seem like something that would win me 'friends'...but, I am willing to try it, if that's what is needed," Dawn said, with a small nod.

"Oh, what are you on about now, Dawn?" Sniffy asked, rejoining the rest of the group. "Sorry if she's been giving you trouble. You know how she is~ Hehee, yeah, she's a bit eccentric. She has good intentions, though."

[i]Pleasetellmeshedidntrevealtheplan...[/i]

"So...what have you guys been, um...talking about?~"

"Phew, I was worried for a sec there." Blazer said with a silly laugh. She watched as Sniffy left, then turned back to Wonder. "Oh, nothing important?" She stood silent and thought for a moment. "Fine, fine, that's all fine." She said in a nonchalant tone. Blazer glared at the ceiling for just a moment, and grew a determined smirk upon her face. She then turned back to Wonder, who had pulled out what seemed to be a scroll from his bag. "Ooh." Her curiosity was peaked. She trotted right beside Wonder in order take a look at the scroll he had. "Wonder, what is it exactly?"

"It's... it's a letter" Wonder replied, then realized how obvious that was. "I mean... it's something from Whiteroot. He wants me to go to the back parts of the temple. It says... Well... It mentions my father" Wonder explained. Wonder turned to Blazer, "I've never known my father. Like I've said, I was put here on the day of my birth, or so I'm told, and never actually got to see who my father actually is. I just don't understand, though..." he paused, "I lived here for sixteen years. All this time, they've withheld information about my parents, when they knew it was something I would have really wanted to know. And now, I return to the temple, and suddenly he's offering it up!" Wonder exclaimed. He didn't sound angry, though. He was too excited to be angry. "But... the fact that he couldn't have just told me right at breakfast. The fact that I have to meet him in such a secluded area... It's almost troubling"

"I- I ju- and y- but I-" Honeypot muttered, her mind utterly broken from Over Dosing on Dawn. When Sniffy entered the room, Honeypot silently thanked Celestia, and walked up close to her, "Hey, just between you and me, your friend is a teensy bit weird" she whispered. She glanced back at Dawn for a moment, then back at Sniffy, "And by teensy, I mean a whole lot" she whispered. "No, of course not!" She said, suddenly aloud, "We were just talking about friends and such things"

Sniffy giggled a bit. "Umm...she's...entertaining at least. Don't worry she has the best of intentions, I think."

Sniffy smiled, and gazed at Dawn. "However...Dawn, trying to learn about friendship? Hmm, that might have been to big of a thing to wish for. Well, it'll come with time, I guess.~"

"So, does this mean we do not have to fight?" Dawn asked, with a slight head tilt. "Huh...Sniffy, if possible, I would like to learn more about making 'friends' and being 'nice' in the future. Do you believe that is possible?"

"It's...possible, yeah. Possible~" Sniffy said, patting Dawn again.

Dawn blinked. [i]Ah, even Sniffy acts weird at times...I wonder, if acting weird is what they mean by being 'kind'...Perhaps I should give being weird a try...[/i]

"Oh, I see.. and I don't understand why the rest of the monks here would keep this kind of knowledge from you. I mean, they're so kind, I know they'd only want what's best for you." Blazer paused in thought for a moment. [i]"Maybe.. his parents.... hmm...."[/i] She couldn't think of any reason to why they would withhold information from Wonder. "Well, at least Whiteroot is gonna help shed some light on the subject now."

Blazer grew worried when Wonder said he had to meet Whiteroot in a secluded area. "That doesn't sound good.. I mean!- No, I'm sure it's just for privacy's sake or something." She stammered in her words a bit, trying not to sound negative.

"Oh, Blazer..." Wonder muttered, "Please, don't worry. It will be fine" he assured her. "If I had any reason to believe it wasn't, then I wouldn't go through with this at all" he explained, "But... I know when I can trust something. It's still a bit troubling why they had to keep this from me, but I'm sure this meeting is nothing to worry about, okay?"

Wonder began trotting towards the door, "Well, I think I should go meet him. You go meet back with the group" Wonder told her.

Honeypot nodded, "The best of intentions... Yeah, I guess I get what you mean" she decided, then trotted away. Listening to their conversation, though, Honeypot picked up Dawn asking if she could learn more about Friendship and Kindness, which caused Honeypot to giggle quietly. [i]'She's so naive, it's actually cute, wanting to learn about friendship and all'[/i]

"You're right. Sorry Wonder, guess I'm kind of a worrywart sometimes." Blazer gazed off to her side for a moment, then quickly turned her attention back to Wonder. "Okay, I'll head back to the others. Best of luck with Whiteroot, Wonder." She continued to look towards Wonder for just a moment, then began trotting back to where the others were.

Blazer had returned to the main hall after chatting with Wonder. "Hey everypony." She sat down, then began to look around the room at all of the monks. [i]"So odd..."[/i] She thought to herself.

Wonder made his way slowly through the temple halls. After a long while of slow trotting, Wonder finally made his way to the location Whiteroot had requested him to meet at. Upon arrival, he saw Whiteroot, standing in between Silver and Crest. "Silver, Crest? You're here too?" Wonder asked. They both nodded.

Whiteroot stepped forward, "Hello, Wonder. You know why I've asked you to come here. It is about your heritage" Whiteroot told him. "I know you may have a lot of questions, but allow us to speak first. Also, this will take a long time, so be prepared" Whiteroot warned. He took a deep breath. "Alright. I'll get straight to the point. You were born... with Dragon Blood" he began. Before Wonder could react, he spoke up again, "I know how sudden this was, but just lis-" he began, before Wonder interrupted him. "Why didn't you tell me this before?!" Wonder demanded, anger creeping into his voice.

"Now, Wonder, please calm down. We will explain" Whiteroot said, "You see, as a Dragon-Blood, you gain access to some... certain things" Whiteroot explained, "Among those is... well... the ability to breath fire" he told him. "Now, the ability to breath fire is greatly influenced by ones emotions. On top of that, it becomes harder to contain once one knows about said ability" he explained.

"You see, Wonder, you've always been a little bit... emotional" Silver suddenly spoke up. "So, we didn't want you to, you know, cause any harm to anypony by accident" he explained, "We're sorry for not telling you earlier, but we couldn't. Alongside that, your father told us not to tell you about your blood until you were eighteen. But even if he hadn't, we couldn't put everypony at risk. Please understand" Silver explained.

"That is also why we opted to bring you out here, and not tell you inside the temple" Crest said, suddenly. "We were worried that if you had over reacted, you might cause accidental harm to the temple or the ponies" he told Wonder.

All the information Wonder was being told was taking a while to sink in. It was hard for him to believe, but he knew that these three wouldn't lie to him. "I-I understand" Wonder said shakily. "Th-thank you for telling me this. Is there any other reason you've called me here, other than to tell me this?" Wonder asked.

Whiteroot nodded, "Yes. There is. It is likely that if you learn to utilize your fire, random bursts won't happen as often" he explained. Wonder knew what he was saying. "Your father instructed us on what to do to teach you. Please step forward" he said. Wonder did as he said.

"Now, as I mentioned before, your breath of fire is heavily dependent on emotions. First clear your mind and close your eyes" Whiteroot said. Wonder did. "Good. Now, imagine something that inspires emotion in you. Any emotion. Extreme happiness, sadness, anger. Anything" he said. Wonder thought for a moment before he settled on something. He began to think about Blazer. Their first meeting during the middle of a storm in Ponyville. When he discovered her shrunken by Poison Joke, inside of Morning's chamber, and how she slept in his mane. The time she saved him from certain death when he tried to rescue Morning. The mere thought of her, and the memories, brought happiness to him. Whiteroot could tell. "Ah, I see you've done so. Now, focus on that emotion. When you've done so, open your eyes and concentrate on one spot" he said. Wonder did so, focusing on a spot on the ground in front of him. "Good, now began to blow. Let your emotions bubble inside you," he said. As Wonder began to blow, and his emotions towards Blazer reached their peak, a small, thin spout of Brilliant Rose flame was released from Wonder's mouth.

Wonder leaped back in surprise. "I-I... There was... fire..." he muttered.

"Yes. Very good. However, you must not lose focus. Try again, and this time without jumping back" Whiteroot said.

After a few more attempt, Wonder had gotten used to the ability. He still could not create a strong stream, and it still took him time to ready a flame, but he was no longer afraid of his own abilities.

"Very good. Now, your emotions will still swing your fire around. You'll have to try to contain your emotions better than before, understood?" Whiteroot asked. Wonder nodded. "Then you may return to your friends. The topic of what happened here is open for discussion if you so wish" He finished. Wonder nodded and made his way back to the Main Hall which he entered without a word.

Storm got out of his room, leaving the guitar on the bed. He spotted Honeypot, and . He placed his hoof in front of her, to get her attention, then neared her face to hers.

"Honeypot..." he muttered. "You know...I've been doing a lot of thinking. I've been thinking about us. Our future..."

He took a small breath, and whispered in her ear. "No. Seriously. I have a baaad feeling. We really should consider getting out here while we can..."

"So Dawn, who was that pony you were talking about?" Sniffy asked.

"That was a 'nice' pony. She was a bit odd, however. Sniffy, must I be 'weird' to make 'friends'?"

"If that were the case, you'd have more friends than clouds in the sky...ALL the sky..." Sniffy muttered, smiling a bit to herself.

"Sniffy...are you sick? I could not really hear you speak just now, it was a bit quiet."

"It...was nothing Dawn.~" Sniffy said.

"...Nice ponies really are weird..."

Blazer was still in the dining area, and had grabbed a book from her bag to catch up on her reading. "After going through Tartarus and back, the mighty colt had finally found his beloved trapped in the top of a colossal tower." Blazer's eyes grew a bit weary. "The strong... and bold colt..... climbed over mounds... m.. mounds of enemies to reach her..." She yawned. [i]"Our adventures are more exciting than this."[/i] Her eyes now shut, she couldn't help but doze off a bit.

"....." She heard a ghastly moan in her head as she dozed off. She woke up from with a slight startle. "Shoot, fell asleep there for a sec." She looked down at the book, which had mysteriously changed pages. The illustration on the page showed a large dragon. "Well, I guess I should check on Wonder now."

She placed the book back in her bag and went back to the main hall. She looked on to see Wonder. "Hey Wonder! So not meaning to be nosy, but what happened with Whiteroot?" She looked at him with curiosity.

When Storm suddenly approached Honeypot, it was almost a surprise, as it wasn't time for Dinner yet. She was even more surprised when he got all close to her, and began talking about 'them' and 'their future'. [i]'Oh, Celestia... I know where this is going...' [/i]she thought, a bit nervously. Her muscles locked up when Storm began whispering into her ear. She was wrong. Her muscles relaxed. She didn't know if she was relieved or disappointed that Storm didn't do what she was expecting. "Oh, Storm..." she muttered. "I almost wish I could say yes. But I can't, I'm sorry. I'm... I'm not a liar, and I said that I would help. I can't turn back now" Honeypot replied, almost solemn.

"Oh, Blazer!" Wonder greeted her as she walked up to him. "Well... It was pretty major" he told her. "You'll probably not believe me, but it's true. You see..." he began, then dropped his voice low, "I'm part Dragon. Somewhere along my family tree, there was a dragon, and thus, I was born with Dragon Blood. Which... which gave me the ability to breathe fire. I know how ridiculous it sounds, but I could show you if you wanted"

Morning popped her head up when Wonder said "Part Dragon". She joined up with the group shortly after. "[i]Part Dragon, you say?[/i]" she repeated. "[i]Huh... Fascinating.[/i]" she said aloud, though to no one in particular. "[i]I wonder how something like that would work? A pony and a dragon... Ah, it all sounds so interesting.[/i]" Morning continued her ranting for a few moments longer before looking back at Wonder. "[i]And... And you say you could breathe fire? Oh, that would be absolutely wonderful to see, I'm sure. I've never seen a pony [/i]breathe[i] fire before... I wonder if-[/i]" Morning stopped herself there, deciding it was better to stop talking. "[i]...Oh, my apologies. I don't normally ramble on like that.[/i]" she said solemnly.

Storm sighed. "I know you have the best intentions. You're a nice pony, to want to help them. Almost too nice. However....think about it. What can we do, really? Wonder has those weird drawings of his, Morning and Crescent are who knows how many years, and Blazer's super strong. We're just kind of...average. I don't know, I just...meh."

He sighed again, and gave Honeypot a quick hug, then turned away and headed for his room. "I just don't want to see you get hurt is all..."

With that, he entered the room, and closed the door. Slow-paced guitar strumming could be heard from inside.

Blazer just stood silent for a moment, trying to fully understand Wonder's situation. "Wow.. you said.. part dragon..?" She was a bit surprised at the thought of this. She looked back at Wonder with a calm demeanor. [i]"It's really quite odd to think that a dragon would be in a pony's lineage. Odd... but still... Wonder's part dragon, this is too cool!"[/i] She kept a calm face. "So, Whiteroot told you that you're part dragon.. Well, I believe you completely Wonder. But regardless of that, I'd still love to see your new power anyway. I've always loved the warm glow of a fire, its beauty and ferocity. I just have a feeling that it'll be a simply awesome thing to see." She smiled and let out a squee as she said this.

"I guess you're right" Honeypot muttered quietly. Her muscles locked, and then relaxed again, when Storm gave her a quick hug. "I understand, and thank you. But we can get through this. I promise" Honeypot told him. "We can get through this... together" she added, after he entered his room. After a moment of staring at his door and listening to his music, she turned around and began to walk away.

Wonder looked to Morning when she joined the group, [i]'My goodness, how did she hear that?' [/i]Wonder asked himself, [i]'I suppose it doesn't matter' .[/i]
"It's fine, don't worry about it" he told Morning, then faced both Blazer and Morning, "And sure, it won't be a problem. Follow me" he told them. He walked to a secluded area, away from anything flammable. "Okay, now, I have to warn you, I'm not very good at this" Wonder said, then focused on the ground, and began to think about Blazer, which seemed to be easier while she was there. After about ten seconds, Wonder began to blow, and a small, steady stream of Brilliant Rose flame flew from his mouth onto the one spot.

After a moment, he stopped blowing. "Yeah, even for a small stream like that, it takes a bit of concentration right now. I can still do this pretty easily though" he said, then blew a tiny little flame which curled up into the sky and dissipated. He did it thrice more. "Neat, huh?"

Blazer followed Wonder, excited to see his new power in action. After making their way to a secluded area, Wonder showed his new fire breathing ability. Blazer's eyes began to sparkle with delight as Wonder began to breathe brilliant wisps of rose colored flames. She was a bit awe struck by the moment.[i] "The flames.. so graceful. And Wonder.. so skilled. A sight to see indeed."[/i]

She trotted beside Wonder. "Wonder, that was amazing! Your new power is so beautiful.... and I'm sure it'll come in handy with our enemies as well. The ferocity and strength of a dragon combined with the beauty and grace of a pony. I think that's the best way to describe it."

Wonder's face turned slightly red at Blazer's compliments and comments, like talking about the beauty and grace of a pony, "Oh, Blazer, you're embarrassing me!" Wonder told her, lightheartedly. "I mean really, it's not all that great," he insisted, "Just tiny little bursts or wisps". Wonder turned away and gave a contended sigh, "But, I thank you, nonetheless" he added. "Anyways, the Monks told me that it's an easy skill to learn, but hard to master, so I'll be working on it a lot. Hopefully I'll get better" Wonder said, cheerfully.

Honeypot laid in her bed, hugging her pillow to her body and staring at the ceiling. Storm's words echoed in her mind, [i]"[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]What can we do, really?" [/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]he had said. [i]"[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]We're just kind of...average. I don't know, I just...meh." [/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]he had said. "Oh, Storm... I do suppose you're right..." she muttered to herself. [i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I just don't want to see you get hurt is all..." [/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]he told her. "I know you worry, but I just can't go back. Not now..." she continued, turning over to her side, "And, I don't want you to leave. I don't know if I could handle this journey without someone like you..."

Blazer rubbed the back of her head with a light-hearted chuckle. "Oops.. um, sorry Wonder. But in all honesty, I do think it's really pretty." She trotted beside him. "And with the plenty of training and practicing you'll be doing, you're not just hopefully gonna get better, you're certain to get better." Her eyes began to sparkle with intensity as she looked off into the distance. "And then, you can char any baddies we happen to run into in a roaring, rosey fire!" Her face quickly turned red as she turned back around. "I did it again, didn't I?" She giggled just a little.

Archived