MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

"[i][color=#0000cd]A pleasure to make your acquaintence, Dippy.[/color][/i]" Crescent walked into the scene, as if out of nowhere. Crescent looked over at Wonder and approached him. "[i][color=#0000cd]She is resting safely inside the monastery. The monks expressed a kindness that I have not seen in a very long time.[/color][/i]" he explained. He turned once again to Dippy. "[i][color=#0000cd]I must thank you again for the hospitality you have shown us, Dippy. Both myself and my sister are eternally grateful for this.[/color][/i]" Crescent said to him, walking off towards the monastery. "[color=#0000cd][i]I must return to her now, to see if she has awaken. I will await the rest of you inside.[/i][/color]"

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blazer couldn't help but let out a giggle when she saw Honeypot pick up and carry the sleeping Storm. [i]"They're so cute together."[/i] She thought to herself while still giggling a bit. She looked on to see Wonder get tackled by an extremely excited pony. "What in the-" Wonder had caught himself and the other pony with his magic before anything bad could happen. "Whew, that was close." Blazer thought for a moment. [i]"I really hope that nearly falling to our deaths doesn't become a thing."[/i] Blazer trotted towards the pony named Dippy. "It's good to meet you, Dippy. You seem ecstatic to finally see Wonder again."

Dippy just smiled at Crescent, "Of course, it's no problem" Dippy assured him. He then turned to face Blazer, "It's good to meet you as well" Dippy replied, "And of course I'm excited. It's been two years now" Dippy explained. Honeypot flew forward a bit, "It's good to meet you, Dippy" she said, to which he responded in kind. "Well, anyway" Wonder began, "We should probably get going again" Wonder told Dippy, "Except... why are you going down exactly? Low on supplies?" Wonder asked. Dippy nodded, "Mmhmm. If you guy's are going to be staying for a while, I'll get some extras" Dippy said. Wonder smiled, "Thanks, Dippy, we'd appreciate that". With that, Wonder took off trotting up the stairs.
After a few minutes, he reached the top. Outside the entrance to the Temple, a small plant bearing several light-palish-blue berries was growing. He removed a few, "Eat these, guys. They'll help with your exhaustion a bit, but mostly, they'll help your breathing. We're pretty high up, so it might be difficult otherwise" Wonder explained, then ate one of them, offering the others to the others.

Honeypot grabbed one of the berries and ate it, "Mmm, tasty. Kinda sour, but still good" she noted, "And I can already tell what you mean. Everything feels so much easier now"

Blazer walked up to Wonder and took one of the berries he had picked. "I'm not really exhausted, but if it will keep me breathing.." As she said this, she ate a berry. "Hmm, I don't quite feel-" Blazer stopped mid-sentence and her pupils shrank a bit. She began pacing around a bit and speaking rapidly. "Wow these berries are really good! They make me feel all hahaha! Woah hey, let's go beat Shadow Wing! I wanna beat Shadow Wing with my hooves! Hey, check this out. Hiya!" She did a sort of jumping buck in the air. Afterwards, she entered the monastery, still feeling hyper and jumpy.

Honeypot glanced down at Storm. She knew almost instantly that he wouldn't be able to find the effort to eat the berry himself. At least not now. That would come at a later time, she guessed. She decided to pay no mind to Blazer, and entered the monastery.

Wonder looked curiously at the now really hyper Blazer. He followed her into the monastery, and slowly approached her, "Um, Blazer? I think the berry MAY have had some adverse effects on you... Perhaps you should... lay off of them for a while. The breathing effects are long lasting anyway" Wonder suggested. Wonder smiled, gazing up at the place he once called home. He sighed contentedly, "It feels so great to be back here" he thought aloud. He looked around the courtyard. There were only a few monks roaming around at this hour. Most were inside, preparing to go to sleep. Among them, Wonder noticed the three named Whiteroot, Crest, and Silver Crop, who hadn't yet noticed Wonder and the group.

"[color=#0000cd][i]Ah, you're all here. Your timing couldn't be more perfect.[/i][/color]" Crescent said, coming out from one side and joining the group. Morning was trailing close behind him. "[color=#0000cd][i]She just woke, you see... She will be fine now.[/i][/color]" he said to the group. Morning came up next to him. "[i]Oh come on, Cresc, I can speak for myself y'know.[/i]" Morning said teasingly. Crescent merely lowered his head and nodded. "[color=#0000cd][i]Regardless... There is something I must look into. I will be in this monastery's library if anypony requires me.[/i][/color]" Crescent said, walking off. Morning sighed once Crescent had left. "[i]Sometimes I wish he would stick around a little longer...[/i]" she muttered.

Wonder smiled at Morning, relieved, "Ah, thank goodness, you're awake" Wonder said happily.

Crest turned his head when he saw Morning and Crescent walking through the courtyard, and laid his eyes upon none other than his old friend Wonder Brush. Crest turned to Whiteroot and Silver Crop, "Whiteroot, Silver Crop, look over there!" he called, pointing to where Wonder, and several others were standing. The three exchanged glances, and then galloped towards him. First, Crest, a red Earth pony, with a long, Folly and White mane, with spiked fringe, stepped over to Morning, "Ah, Miss Morning, it is good to see that you are awake now" he said, smiling, then turned to Wonder. "Wonder! It is good to see you!" he greeted. Whiteroot, and old, periwinkle blue Earth Pony with a short, grey Mane, and a long grey beard stepped forward, "Wonder, it's been a long time! What are you doing back here? And who are all these ponies with you?" he asked.
Wonder smiled, "Hello Crest, Whiteroot, Silver, it's good to see you all again. Oh, um, these are my friends. This is Blazer, and Honeypot, and the sleeping one is Storm" Wonder introduced them, "And, well, I would explain, but maybe it'd be better to explain in the morning. For now, though, where's Everypony else? In fact... Where's Four Leaf?" Wonder asked, eager to meet with all the monks again. Four Leaf was the oldest monk at the temple, and one of Wonder's closer friends.
Suddenly, the smiles faded from the three ponies faces. They remained silent for a moment, as if waiting for the others to begin speaking. Finally, Silver Crop, a white Earth Pony with a curly, silvery mane decided to step forward, "Um, Wonder... It's kinda hard for me to tell you this, but..." he started, hesitantly, "Four Leaf is dead. He died three months ago. In his sleep. Old age took him" Silver explained, sadness in his voice.
Wonder couldn't stop his mouth from opening in surprise, "O-oh... I-I see..." he muttered, his voice shaky. He closed his eyes for a moment, tears forming at the brim. "I... I think..." he began, but didn't finish, he gave a wordless grunt of half annoyance, half sadness, then began making his way past the three, and ran into the temple. Whiteroot turned his head from watching Wonder, and stared at Morning, and then at Blazer, and then at Morning again, and then Blazer once more. He sighed, "Wonder's room is the third door on the left, right hallway, second floor" he told them, already knowing what they were thinking.

Blazer, after entering the temple, calmed down once she saw Wonder talking with all his old friends. "I guess my system just isn't used to whatever was in those berries. Oh well, at least those.. side effects wore off quickly." She trotted near Wonder and his three old friends, and overheard something about somepony dying. "Ooo.. how awful.." She looked at Wonder, who was now teary-eyed. Blazer reached out her hoof in an attempt to comfort him, but he ran off out of sorrow.

[i]"I've lost close ones in the past.. and I know this pain. No one was there for me back then... but I swear I'll be there for him now."[/i] Blazer swiftly began to dash after Wonder.

Morning was about to chase after Blazer and Wonder, but stopped herself. "[i]Hold on, I can just...[/i]" she thought. Morning closed her eyes for a moment, and disappeared in a familiar flash of white. She was soaring through the subspace again, if only for a few moments. It would take a matter of seconds before she reached her destination.
The white light flashed once more, just outside of Wonder's room. She knocked lightly on the door in front of her.[i] "[i]...Wonder? May I come in? I figured you could use somepony to talk to.[/i][/i]" Morning said through the door, leaning against it slightly.

Wonder lay in his bed, the only object in his bare room, other than a small drawer, which was typical of everypony's room at the temple, sobbing softly over the death of Four Leaf, when he heard Morning at the door. He would've wondered how she got here so quickly, but he was in no real mood to be thinking about such things. He lifted his head from his bed, and wiped his eyes. He took a moment to compose himself enough to speak, then opened his mouth, "Y-yeah, I guess I c-could" Wonder agreed in a shaky voice, "Y-you can c-come in" he answered her. He realized, for a moment, just how pitiful he probably looked at the minute, but he decided he couldn't care less right now.

Morning opened the door slowly and peered inside. She saw Wonder laying on his bed, looking in a worse condition than she had ever seen him in. She came up next to him and sat down. "[i]Wonder... I could say I was sorry that someone you knew died, but I know how little good that does.[/i]" she said solemnly. She turned her gaze up to the ceiling. "[i]I'm sure, you remember, I once lost everyone I knew and loved... I can understand how you're feeling. Gripped by some darkness you can't see, trapped by some pain you can't feel... It's all too familiar to me. Whenever I was feeling that way, though...[/i]" She glanced back at Wonder. "[i]...Cresc had been there to support me every single time. I can imagine that you're feeling something similar. I can imagine that you would need someone to support you now, someone to give you some comfort.[/i]" Morning said. She turned back to the ceiling again. "[i]...I can be that supportive someone for you.[/i]"

Blazer looked on to see Morning entering Wonder's room. "Oh yeah, teleporting." She peeked inside to see Morning sitting beside Wonder. [i]"Morning... seems to be helping him. I guess he doesn't need me right now."[/i]

[b][i]"Name anypony that does need you."[/i][/b]

[i]"Not you.. leave me alone!"[/i] She heard wicked cackling yet again, and then nothing but silence. She trotted down a long, dark hallway and entered a small room with a balcony. She looked out to see a dimly lit landscape beyond the temple. And then she looked up into the sky, and she saw the moon and the stars shining brightly in the otherwise dark realm of the night sky. She wept a bit, but they were not tears of sorrow. A smile grew on her face as she continued to gaze into the night. [i]"My fears.. my worries.. and this monster. All of them are just obstacles that I must overcome."[/i]

Wonder slowly nodded, agreeing with what Morning was saying. That was exactly how he felt. After Morning finished speaking, Wonder stared at her for a moment, then looked downwards. "Yes, you're right" Wonder said. He hesitated a bit, then went on, "I-if you could be... Th-thank you" he said, "That would be... kind of you" he finished. He straightened himself up, putting himself in a slightly more dignified position, if still terrible looking. [i]'I guess I truly am very lucky to have the friends that I do...' [/i]he thought suddenly, his feelings now a strange mix between overwhelming sadness, and the happiness and relief he had for knowing ponies like Morning.

"[i]Well, alright then. If you're sure.[/i]" Morning said, standing up. She turned around to make eye-contact with Wonder. "[i]If you ever need anything from me, just let me know.[/i]" she said. She then took a long pause, merely staring at Wonder for the moment. She was silent for some time, until she noticed what she was doing. "[i]Ah, um... I should probably go check in on Cresc now...[/i]" she said with a slightly nervous tone, inching towards the door. "[i]See you.[/i]" she gave a quick wave good-bye before heading out the door.

Wonder gave a slow nod, "Of course, I will. Thank you, Morning" he thanked her. After the following long pause, and after Morning bid farewell, Wonder gave another, smaller, nod, "Uh, right. Bye, Morning" he said. He sank back into his bed after she had left. He sighed, "Today has been... tiring" he mumbled, "But I'm not sleepy"

In the courtyard, Honeypot glanced over to the three monks, after a very long silence, "Well, I'm still really beat from all that walking. I don't suppose you could show us where we should stay?" Honeypot asked. Crest nodded, "Of course, Miss Honeypot. However, I believe we may want to wait for Miss Blazer, Miss Morning, and Mister Crescent, before we do that" he replied. Whiteroot nodded, "Yes, it would be a bit of a pain to do that twice" he said, bluntly.

Blazer, after having a bit of an epiphany, walked out of the balcony room and down the dark hall. Halfway down the hallway, she saw Morning, who had just come from talking with Wonder. As she saw her, one thought came to mind. [i]"Nyeh."[/i]

"Hay, Morning. So, I hope you managed to cheer up Wonder back there. He seemed fairly upset." She trotted a bit further beside her. "And... you are a magnificent opponent." Blazer calmly smiled and raised her hoof for a hoofshake from her.

Sniffy raised an eyebrow. "So, Lord Shadow Wing finally wishes to see him...his own son."

After a second of hesitation, Sniffy nodded. "Well, he ordered it, so it must be done. I know...it's for the good of everyone. Me and Dawn will definitely bring him to Lord Shadow Wing. For the good of ponykin-" Sniffy was getting a bit excited about the mission. Then she was interrupted by a sneeze. She shook her head a bit and sniffed.

"I wonder if I should tell Dawn about the fact he's her...nah. That might just complicate things..."

Sniffy nodded, and went to Dawn's room, the knocked. After a few seconds, the door opened on its own, revealing Dawn, laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

"Hey, Dawn~" Sniffy said, smiling.

"Hello," Dawn said, not paying much attention. "Is there something you need, Sniffy?"

"Actually, we have a mission. Think you're up for it?" Sniffy said, with a slight wink.

Dawn sat up, and gazed at Sniffy. "What sort of mission?"

"We have to kidnap someone. Isn't that exciting?~" she asked.

"...if you say so. Shall we go now? We can probably be back by tommorow."

Sniffy giggled. "Come on, Dawn. Be more excited. This is the first time you're going outside the castle, right?~"

Dawn blinked. It hadn't really occured to her that she would be outside the castle.

She was silent for a minute, then stood up. "...What's it like on the outside? I...heard it's bright."

"Yeah, and there's plenty of animals, too~"

"...Animals? Is that a food?"

Sniffy covered her mouth, giggling, and patted Dawn in the back. "Just follow my lead Dawn. You'll be fine."

Morning stared at Blazer curiously, not quite understanding her little comment. She took Blazer's hoof and shook it lightly. "[i]Um, yes, ah, I believe so, uh... Thank you?[/i]" she said awkwardly. She released her own grip and turned down another hallway, heading off towards the monastery's library. "[i]...I wonder what that was all about.[/i]" she thought as she trotted down the hallway.
She reached the library entrance within just a few moments. When she entered, her found herself looking around every which way in amazement. The library was massive. Bookshelves reached up almost a full story, looking as if they could scrape the ceiling. "[i]Wow... I wish I'd had this many books back home...[/i]" she said to herself. She shook her head seconds later to refocus herself. She looked around and found Crescent sitting in front of a lower shelf, shuffling through various books and papers. Morning approached him. "[i]Hey, Cresc. Did you find anything?[/i]" she asked. Crescent turned around to meet her gaze, and shook his head. "[i][color=#0000cd]No, I have not. It seems that our race went as unnoticed as we thought.[/color][/i]" Crescent said. Morning sighed. "[i]Is that so... Ah well. We should head back to the foyer. I think the others are waiting for us.[/i]" she said. Crescent nodded, and the two headed back to the temple's main hall.

Blazer firmly grasped Morning's hoof as they shook. The two ponies then continued on as usual. She looked back at Morning and with a hushed tone said "Good luck." As she continued to walk down the hall, she came across a few potted plants on a windowsill. She picked a small, white flower and continued trotting. "At least I know that you're not Poison Joke." She said giggling. She walked by Wonder's room, and placed the flower just outside the door. "Feel better, Wonder." Blazer then continued down the long hallway and returned to the foyer where most of the other ponies were gathered.

Blazer awoke from her slumber with a big yawn. She looked out the window beside her bed to see a gorgeous sunrise. Blazer fixed up her mane before heading out of her room. She trotted down the long hallway until she reached the foyer. "Good morning." She said to any and everypony that was awake. Blazer grabbed her saddlebag and looked inside to find a bundle of hay. "Can someone show me to the kitchen? I can fix us all some nice fried hay for breakfast.

For a moment, Wonder could have sworn that he heard something outside his door, but after not hearing anything, he let it go. He dropped his head, and shut his eyes. He began to attempt and clear his mind to help him sleep, and after a minute, was able to bring himself to rest.

Crest looked back and saw the three stray ponies approaching, "Ah good, Miss Blazer, Miss Morning, Mister Crescent, you've arrived" he noted, "Please, you must all be exhausted, allow me to show you to your rooms" he said, and began leading them down a hallway. After a minute, he came to a section and paused. "These are the only open rooms we have, you sleep in these" he told the group.
Honeypot nodded, "Thank you" she said, then opened one of the doors, still carrying Storm, and laid him down on one the bed. "Sweet dreams" she muttered, before going to the room next door, and getting into bed herself.

"Yes, I believe a goodnight's rest will do us all some good." Blazer said. She then began to follow the stallion down a hallway along with everyone else. After being shown the rooms they could sleep in, she picked a room and walked inside. "Ooo, it's lovely." She said while looking around. Blazer looked out the door and waved to the others. "Goodnight everypony." After saying goodnight, she shut the door and then jumped into bed. With a loud yawn she murmured "I wonder what tomorrow will bring." She shut her eyes and went to sleep.

Blazer awoke from her slumber and fixed up her mane before heading oustide of her room. She trotted down the hallway and back into the foyer. "Good morning." she said to any and everypony who was awake. She went over to her saddlebag and grabbed a bundle of hay. "Could someone direct me to the kitchen? I can fix us all some fried hay for breakfast."

Wonder slowly opened his eyes, and yawned groggily. He looked outside his window, to determine what time it was. "Jeez, it's still pretty early..." he muttered, "I guess I've forgotten what morning was like up here"
He hopped off his bed and opened his door, where he noticed a white flower on the ground. "Ooh, how pretty..." he mused, staring at it. He picked it up, hugged it against himself for a second, then lied it down on his dresser, before walking back into the hallway. He suddenly yelled out in surprise, when he was tackled to the ground. He looked up to see Dippy, hugging him, weighing him down on the ground. "Di-Dippy!" he choked out, "Y-you're crushing m-me!" he shouted, to which Dippy promptly let go. "Sorry" He said, laughing apologetically, "Sometimes I forget about your unicorn bones- oh! Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound so mean!" he said quickly.
"It's alright, Dippy. I know what you mean" Wonder assured him. Looking at Dippy under good lightning, Wonder was able to make him out better. His mane was long and slightly messy, the color of wheat. His eyes were green, however one was looking upwards, the other looking down. A trait, he had told Wonder, that was genetic.
"Well, um, we should be going on. I got some extra supplies for you and your friends, so I can make something special for breakfast" Dippy suggested. Wonder nodded, "Right, let's go, then"
A little while after they began trotting down, Dippy suddenly spoke, "Y'know Wonder" he began, "You're friends are really interesting. I didn't realize that those other two were your friends as well, either" he said. Wonder looked at him, "Oh, you think? I guess so, but they're no stranger than you or anyone else at the temple" Wonder replied. Dippy giggled, as if Wonder had said something extremely funny, "If you say so". Wonder was about to ask what that was supposed to mean, when he saw Blazer, who he hadn't expected to be up already.

Crest walked over to Blazer, "Ah, of course, Miss Blazer. The kitchen is just down the hall. There's an open arch a few doors in, and the kitchen and dining room are in there" he explained, "However, I believe Dippy was planning to make breakfast. He usually prepares most large meals at the temple" he went on, then backed off when he saw Wonder and Dippy approaching.

"B-Blazer, hey!" Wonder called. "W-we were just t-talking about you, actually" Wonder told her, then realized how that sounded, "I-I mean, n-not just you! I-I meant, a-as in the group as a whole!" he explained quickly, stammering madly, and blushing, "Th-that isn't to say that I-I'd have a pr-problem wi-" he went on, before being cut off. "Uh, Wonder? Are you okay? You're stammering a lot" Dippy pointed out, looking confused. This caused Wonder's face to redden even further. "And now your face is all red..." Dippy went on, "Are you sick, or something?" he asked. "I-I, ah, um..." Wonder stammered. Dippy put the side of his foreleg against Wonder's forehead for a moment, "And you're burning up! I think you have a fever, Wonder" he said. Wonder was on the verge of shouting, and told Dippy in a strained voice, "D-Dippy, I'm [i]fine,[/i] trust me!", to which Dippy shrugged. "Alright, if you say so" he mumbled. Dippy then turned back to Blazer, "OH! Sorry, I forgot! Good morning!"

Crescent walked out of his room and headed down the hallway to the temple Foyer. Along the way, he noticed Wonder, Blazer, and a couple other ponies conversing rather loudly. Crescent approached them and stopped once he had joined the group. "[i][color=#0000cd]I believe many would quite appreciate it if you all would not speak with such volume. The Morning Sun has only just risen, and hardly anypony would be awake at such an hour.[/color][/i]" he said promptly. "[i][color=#0000cd]Now, I will be going to fetch my sibling from this monastery's pond.[/color][/i]" he said gruffly, walking past the group and heading back down the hall again.

"Sniffy?" Dawn asked, as she and Sniffy trekked out of the castle, toward the shores of the island.

"Yeah?"

"What's a rock?"

Sniffy cocked her head a bit. "Why do you want to know? Rather, where did you hear that word?"

"One of the guards said the ponies at the town threw rocks at him. So I got curious as to those were."

"It's...hmm," Sniffy pondered, her hoof touching her chin in thought, then said "It's a hard, gray object."

As they reached the shore, Dawn blinked, and nodded. She closed her eyes, and her horn glowed. Soon, a mild-sized ball of water rose from the ocean, an inside it, was a gray crab.

"...Can I ask...what are you doing?"

"...It's a stone," Dawn said, pointing at it.

"...Let's....just get going, Dawn," Sniffy said, with a small giggle.

Dawn tilted her head, 'then shrugged. Her horn began glowing again, and a giant wave formed at ths shore, staying on one place.

"Are you ready?"

"...Can I say no?" Sniffy asked, with a gulp.

Blazer couldn't help but giggle as Wonder's face turned red. "Oh, it's all fine Wonder. I understand what you mean." She trotted by him and Dippy. "Good morning to you both. And Wonder, I truly hope you're feeling better."

Blazer then looked over to see Cresc, who had just woken up, and who seemed a bit groggy. "Good morning Cresc. And sorry for the noise, I'm sure we can lower our volume." She looked back at Dippy. "Oh, Dippy, I hear that you're going to be making breakfast? I'd really love to help out." Blazer said with a cheerful expression.

Archived