MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

"O-okay, that's good" Wonder muttered, as his face, which was tomato red up until now, regained a presentable hue. Wonder let out a small sigh, that seemed to be only half sad, "Yeah, I guess I am feeling better. Better than last night, at least" he assured her. Suddenly, his face lit up when Blazer mentioned Dippy making breakfast, "Oh, that's right! It's been so long since I've eaten your cooking, Dippy!" Wonder remembered, his tone suddenly cheery. He turned to Blazer, "And I'm sure yours would be delicious too, of course" he added quickly.

Dippy thought for a moment, "Well, I guess there's no problem with letting you help" he told Blazer, "Sure! That sounds good!"

Honeypot yawned wearily as she awoke. She hopped out of bed and looked out her window, "This early and I'm already up? Jeez..." she muttered. "I wonder how..." she began, then yawned again, "How Storm's doing"
She slowly made her way to Storm's room, and opened the door, "Hey Storm, you awake yet?" she whispered, peering in. She trotted over to where he was still sleeping. "Hm... sleeping. He looks kinda... cute, when he's sleeping" she muttered, before realizing how creepy it was that she was staring at him while he was asleep, and slowly backed off from him.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That's really good to hear, Wonder." She brought a warm smile to her face as she said this. Blazer then looked back to Dippy. "Ooo, that's great! Thank you Dippy. I'll help you out as much as I can!" Blazer trotted towards the kitchen and began looking for ingredients, pots, pans and the like. After a bit of searching, she managed to gather a tableful of ingredients. She then started making cooking preparations. "Alrighty, let's get cooking Dippy! I believe we can cook up a meal to knock everypony's horseshoes off!" She brought out a skillet and began frying up some fresh hay.

Storm sighed. "How troublesome..."

He rubbed his eyes, slowly, extinguishing sleep from his brain. Except his brain was still half-asleep, even though he was awake. He looked at Honeypot, and sighed again. "What time is it, and why does my body still need sleep? I...if I...I think I slept less than 10 hours. What is this?"

He yawned and laid back down, wrapping himself in his blanket. "DO we have something to do, today? If not, I'll go back to sleep until dinner..."

Honeypot frowned, "It's... still pretty early I guess" she admitted. She then began to pout, "Well fine. I was just coming in to check on you, but if you're just gonna BE that way, I'll check on you again at dinner" she grumbled, "Just wanted to hang out a bit is all. I thought it'd be fun" she muttered, before walking back out of Storm's room glumly.

Dippy joined Blazer in the kitchen, and smiled, "Thanks for deciding to help, by the way, Blazer. It really helps to have an extra set of hooves" Dippy thanked her, then began roasting some apples placed on the counter. At the same time, he directed Blaze in what to do as well. After a good hour and a half, cook time included, the food had all been finished. "Ah, good, we're done!" he exclaimed, happily, then took the assorted food, including fried hay, roasted apples, fresh apples, fried celery, and an large variety of muffins, onto platters and laid them out on the dinning table. Dippy trotted just outside the doorway, "Breakfast is ready!" he called at the top of his lungs, his voice reverberating through the Temple Grounds.

Crescent returned with Morning at his side moments later. Morning was still carrying the mirror on her back, but it had been cleaned and polished, as was slightly wet. "[i]Breakfast? Ah, that's good, I'm starving.[/i]" Morning said cheerfully, trotting over to the table. She looked over the assorted dishes in awe, giving each one an occasional smell. "[i]I don't think I've ever had a meal this big before...[/i]" she said to herself. Crescent hung back, by the doorway, eyes closed and deep in thought.

Blazer trotted into the dining area along with Dippy, covered with a bit of flour from helping Dippy with the meal. "It was a pleasure to help you out, Dippy. You're quite the wonderful cook." Before fixing herself a plate, she remembered that she had flour all over her. Her face turned as red as Wonder's had before, as she took her apron and wiped the flour off of her face. She shook it off and grabbed her plate. "Well anyway, let's all dig in." She got some hay, a muffin and a roasted apple. "This is delecious!" She said after taking a bite from an apple. After eating some more, she exclaimed "Thanks, Dippy. This might be the best meal I've had in a long while!" She wiped her muzzle with a napkin after finishing.

Dawn and Sniffy arrived at the foot of the large mountain. Dawn looked up, and blinked.

"That is... a big castle, Sniffy."

"That's a mountain, Dawn..." Sniffy said, with a sigh and a small smile.

"...That is a stupid name for a castle," she muttered. "Nontheless, let us march forth. So, where are the guards to carry us up there?"

"We...kind of have to do a bit of hiking, Dawn," Sniffy said, giggling a bit.

"...Does that involve finding nourishment?"

"Um, no, it involves climbing the...castle"

Dawn blinked, and her stomach growled a bit. "But...where are the servants with the banquets?"

Sniffy began walking up the mountain. "We might need to gather fruits along the way, if you're hungry. I think there should be plenty of edible ones, up the mountain."

"..Fruits? Is that not a type of soap?" Dawn wondered, and followed Sniffy.

Dippy smiled at Blazer, and then giggled, "Thanks. I do like to think I'm pretty good" he admitted, before taking a place at the table himself, and taking some food for himself. He then cast glance to Morning, "Why of course. I wouldn't make anything less for some of Wonder's friends"

Wonder walked into the dining area with the rest of the monks, and trotted up alongside Blazer, "It's good, isn't it?" he asked, cheerfully, before gathering a muffin, some celery stalks, and an apple onto his plate, and began eating them neatly, using magic. His eyes almost began to water, "Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how much I missed your cooking, Dippy" Wonder thought aloud, absorbed by the food in his mouth.

Honeypot waited a good ten minutes for a reaction to her pouting from Storm, but soon realized she would be getting none. She sighed and slowly walked away, into the temple courtyard, where she sat down and stared up at the sky, suddenly bored out of her mind. After a while, the call for breakfast came, so she followed it. After she gathered her food, and took a bite, she realized something, [i]'This really is good... And Storm should be eat the right amount, but he won't be if I wait until Dinner to wake him up... Maybe I'll just... yeah' [/i]she decided. She picked up a second plate and filled it with food for Storm; An apple, a muffin, some roasted apples, and a few stalks of fried Celery. Plenty for him to decide on. "Excuse me for one moment" she said quickly, then went back to Storm's room. She pushed the door open slightly and peaked in, "Psst, Storm? I don't want you getting hungry, so... I brought you some breakfast" she whispered, before leaving the plate just inside his room, then rejoining everyone at the table.

Sniffy and Dawn kept trekking up the moutain, on the long journey upward.

Dawn blinked, a few sweat drops sliding down her cheek. "Sniffy...I believe I am melting!"

"Dawn, it's fine. You're sweating," Sniffy replied, with a small sigh.

"I-is that a disease?" Dawn asked.

"No, Dawn," she said, and patted Dawn on the back. '" You're fine, let's go. We can rest when we get to the top. It seems we're almost there."

After a little under half an hour, they reached where the temple was.

Sniffy's eyes widened slightly at the sight of the temple. "It's...wow."

"I think I heard about these, once. Are they not called 'doggy-houses'?"

"Umm, Dawn, that's a temple."

"...but, the temple is a part of the body. Is this castle named 'mountain, a giant pony, whose temple we must slice to stop it from overthrowing Father?"

"Just...let me do the talking, Dawn," Sniffy said, and led Dawn inside.

Silver Crop had just finished his meal when he picked up some hoofsteps just inside the Temple. He excused himself and then went to check on it, where he found two Mares that had just arrived. "Oh, hello there" he greeted them, "Ah... Who are you? Travelers? Refugees?" he asked, "It matters not. If you wish to rest here, we do offer temporary lodging for the worn and weary" Silver explained. "But excuse me, you must be starving. We were just having breakfast if you would like to join us" he offered.

Wonder followed Silver, as well as a few other monks, outside. "Silver? What is it?" he asked. Silver glanced back, "Two mares. They may be travelers, or refugees" he answered.

After she had finished, Blazer grabbed her dirty plate, along with a few others, and put them in a stack for washing in the kitchen. In return for the monks' hospitality, she grabbed some soap and a hooftowel and began washing a few dishes.

Blazer was nearly done, when she looked over to see Silver Crop and Wonder walk off near the temple entrance, likely to greet some ponies. "Ooo, I should join them. It's always a pleasure to meet new ponies." She finished the last of the dishes and trotted of after Wonder and Silver Crop.

At the door were two mares. "Hello there, strangers!" Blazer said with glee. "My name's Blazer. And like Silver said, you guys should come on in and grab some breakfast." Blazer trotted back into the dining area and was preparing a couple plates for the mares.

"Oh, hello. I am Dawn. And this is Sniffy," Dawn said, looking at Silver, then at Blazer. "Breakfast, you say? Very well. I shall have silver hay Soufflé, as well as fresh artic grass that can only be found in exactly 5 meters in the entirety of Equestria, an-"

Sniffy suddenly covered Dawn's mouth, smiling nervously.

"Dawn, let me do the talking, remember?" she whispered, still smiling, then glanced at Blazer and Silver. "Um, yeah, breakfast sounds nice. We're a bit hungry, from climbing up the mountain."

[i]Hmm, I'm glad they didn't ask why we climbed all the way here...humph...I guess, there goes the story that me and Dawn are castaways from a far-away land that got shipwrecked while on a voyage, and were the only survivors, who have come seeking shelter from our country's never-ending warring, and heading toward the brink of destruction.....but it's fine~[/i]

Sniffy smiled, and, with Dawn, followed Blazer.

Wonder trotted alongside Sniffy as she and Dawn entered the temple. He smiled at them, "Hello, my name's Wonder Brush, it's nice to meet you two" he introduced himself. Several of the other monks also introduced themselves to the two Mares. It was a bit strange though, Wonder thought, seeing as how the Temple so rarely got any sort of travelers stopping by, and now these two had just arrived the day after Wonder's arrival. Not that it mattered. It might be nice to meet some new ponies.

Honeypot didn't feel like going to check on whatever it was everypony was getting all excited about. She was too busy worrying about Storm, hoping that he would be eating. Though she acted angry towards him earlier, she really only meant to get his attention, and indeed was more worried than angry.

Morning had merely glanced behind her to witness the doors open, though she immediately returned to her food, deciding to pay no mind to any other visitors.
Crescent, however, stood up from his spot by the edge of the doorway and came over to see who had stopped by. He looked at the two mares rather suspiciously, giving them both a cold stare. "[i][color=#0000cd]Excuse me. My name is Crescent Shadow. Might I ask what each of your names are? It certainly would not be a common occurrence for two mares to turn up at a monastery seated upon a mountain's peak.[/color][/i]" Crescent inquired.

Blazer grabbed some of the remaining apples, muffins and some hay, and whipped up plates for the two new mares. She set both the plates at the dining table before sitting down herself. "I think you guys are gonna love this. The apples are succulent and the muffins are warm. And everything is home-made of course."

She looked curiously at both of the mares for an instance, then proclaimed "Maybe when you guys get through eating, you guys can tell us of any adventures you've had. I'm sure you've seen some great places and some great things." She couldn't help being a bit curious.

Storm lay in his bed, resting, until he heard Honeypot nudge the door open. He turned around, but she was already gone. However, near the door was a plate of food left for him. He glanced at it a bit, then laid back on his bed.

"Huh..." he muttered. "She really is nice..."

He looked at the plate of food again. "I wonder if there's a guitar around here...I might need to play a bit to work up an appetite."

Dawn blinked, then whispered to Sniffy, after they sat down at the table. "He is onto us, Sniffy...shall I silence him?"

Sniffy smiled a bit, shaking her head slightly. "Just...eat, Dawn. I'll talk."

Dawn looked down. "This is food? But...it is so bland. And what is this round red thing? It reminds me of the soap we saw during our trip up here. Yet, I have been taught not to eat soap. Thus, why would it be in a dining table? And als-"

"Dawn...huuush~" Sniffy said, covering Dawn's mouth again. "Umm right. Excuse my companion. She's a bit...umm..foreign! Yes, foreign. Well, it's great to meet such nice people, who have welcomed us with a nice meal. My name is Sniffy, and this is Dawn. We are simply castaways, and we were stranded here. We don't have any place to stay, and we heard there was a temple here...so we decided to climb up, to see if we could get at least shelter here for a few days...as you can see, my companion is a bit...naive. And, so I wanted to...at least get a bit of footing, before trying to find us our new home in this beautiful land. I hope we aren't imposing." Sniffy said, bowing a little.

"...Sniffy, I-"

Sniffy placed the tip of her hoof on her mouth to indicfate Dawn to be silent.

Wonder looked strangely at Dawn, [i]'She's a bit... strange' [/i]Wonder thought, silently, but figured he should just take Sniffy's word that she's foreign and naive. After listening to Sniffy's story, Wonder nodded. "I see... Well, trust me, if you're seeking shelter, you've come to the right place" Wonder assured her, "Everyone at the temple is really nice, and with Detrot and Canterlot not too far away, it won't be hard to integrate into society, eventually" Wonder explained.
Crest walked forward and nodded, "Wonder is correct, Miss Sniffy. We will gladly supply you with room and sustenance until you decide to leave"

Whiteroot, while everypony else was talking walked just past Wonder, and as he did, slipped a scroll into his bag, and kicking at his forehooves so he would notice, then continued on his way, deciding to ignore Dawn and Sniffy.

"Good to meet you, Sniffy. And you as well, Dawn." Blazer said in a cheery tone. "Castaways? Well, you know the lot of us now, so maybe adventure won't be lacking for you guys." She got up and grabbed the two some napkins from the kitchen. "And I don't think you have to worry about imposing. Most of our group are strangers to this temple, yet the monks welcomed us with open hooves."

Blazer gazed off in thought for a moment. [i]"I wonder what these mares' stories are. And something about them... I can just tell they are both strong. I wonder.. could they help us? ...Hmm... Well, if they can help, and if they wish to help, we can ask 'em before we leave."[/i] She turned her attention back to Dawn and Sniffy. "Sorry.. I can zone out at times." She said with a light-hearted chuckle.

Dawn nodded, as she finished chewing her current bite of food.

"This tasted exotic. It's almost like someone simply put the raw nutrients into a cheap plate. Is this what commoners eat, Sniffy?"

"Daaawn, what did I say about letting me do the talking?~" Sniffy said, smiling awkwardly, and chewing her food.

"Oh, alright" she said, and looked down at her plate. After a few seconds she looked up at Wonder, starting at him.

"Dawn, it's not polite to stare," Sniffy advised.

"Sniffy, quiet. I am examining this commoner. He seems intriguing."

"Intriguing, huh?" [i]Well, he does seem a bit...interesting. Then again...he's Lord Shadow Wing's son, and rightful heir. Now, the trick is how to get him, with all these other ponies around...[/i]

Sniffy snapped herself back to reality, finishing her food. "Oh, okay, I'm done. Dawn is too, aren't you Dawn?"

"Sniffy, I am still attempting to process this commoner's food, an-"

"Dooone~" she said, dragging Dawn out of the chair. "So, um, Wonder, was it? How about you show me and Dawn around the temple? We kind of, would like to see more. It seems like a magnificent place."

"But...Sniffy, it is so broken and ol-"

"Dawn. Magnificent~"

Wonder nodded, "Uh, sure, I guess I could show you around" he told them. He walked over to them, then motioned for them to follow him, and started walking around the temple. After a minute, he came to the guests quarters, "So, this is the place where travelers generally sleep. If you're going to be staying here for a while, you'll want to get comfy with one of them" he explained, then continued on.

He came to a big, domed room, with large, looming windows. "This is- This WAS the hall of worship, I guess you could call it. It was out of use long before I was left here, though. Nowadays, we use it for anything that needs a large room, rather uninteresting right now" He told them, then briskly continued on his way.

They entered another hallway, and soon came to a different looking door on one side. Pushing it open, Wonder entered the library, where many of bookshelves packed full of books lined the walls and jutted into the room. "This is the library. There's quite a bit of information here, but a lot of it is just legend and lore. It gives an interesting read, though" he told them. He peered around for a second, but gave up his search after a moment.

They came to another hallway, with no walls on either side. Wonder looked inwards towards the temple, where statues of Earth Ponies were lined up together. "Ah, now this is an interesting one. These statues were here, apparently, a long time ago. I read up on some things, and found out that they're based on some old, Earth Pony heroes, from a good six hundred years ago" Wonder told them. He then paused for a moment and turned around to face them, "Well, a lot of the temple is just living quarters, and the temple is mostly symetrical from here on out. Anything else is generally parts of the courtyard. So, would you like to return to the others, maybe?"

As Wonder gave the general tour, Sniffy looked around, her eyes sparkling. "Wow...this place is honestly bigger than I imagined. And quite interesting, too. I should take a look at the library sometime, there may be some fun books in there..."

[i]This guy's really quite nice...I'm almost regretting accepting this mission. But, I guess spending some time with Dawn was...interesting~[/i]

As for Dawn, she kept her eyes glued on Wonder the entire time. As they stopped in the last place to visit, Dawn neared Wonder until she was but a few inches from him.

"You. Your presence pleases me," she said. "It is a shame I shall have to knock you unc-"

"Coooome on Dawn~" Sniffy said, dragging Dawn back and covering her mouth. "I know you got attached to Wonder, but everyone needs their private space~ One second, Wonder, we'll be right back. We're just going to do some...mare stuff, for a second."

Dawn cocked her head a bit. "What sort of stuff might you be referring t-"

Sniffy dragged Dawn further away, and turned them away from Wonder.

"Sniffy," Dawn began. "Is this my signal to use the bag?"

"N-no, Dawn, I think we'll wait for another chance, okay?"

"But Sniffy...I got the bag all ready," Dawn said, holding out a large brown sack.

Sniffy quickly took it from Dawn and rolled it up, then tossed it aside. "Just...relax for a bit, Dawn. We've had quite some excersise~"

"...What is relax? Is that a new fighting technique I must master to defeat him?"

Sniffy patted Dawn. "Yeah, let's leave it at that."

Wonder turned his head, looking at the two. "Mare... stuff?" he wondered aloud. He hung his head, "Foreigners are weird" he decided, with a small sigh. "So are Mares. Foreign Mares are really weird". Wonder walked over to the two of them, "So, hey, you two finished? We should be getting back to the main hall" Wonder told them, then began trotting back towards aforementioned main hall.

After a while, Wonder spoke. "If you don't mind me saying, you two are rather... unique" he said, "What country are you from? Your mannerisms don't remind me of any cultures I've read up on" he asked, before realizing that they were almost to the main hall, "Oh, we're almost back. That was quick, hm?"

Storm had finished eating, and had gone to his room. The door of the closet had been slightly opened by the wind, and he could see something inside. He blinked, and peered into it, a small smirk forming on his lips as he found a dusty old guitar. He took it from the closet and sat down on the bed with it. He began strumming on the strings a bit, slowly forming a simple melody.

"Ah, finally some peace and relaxation."

He leaned back, and began strumming the guitar some more.

~"Oh Honeypot, oh Honeypot, why'd you drag me here? Here is with all of these ponies I fear. You may be a bit cute, so I still follow through, but one day I'm sure I'll get killed, cuz of you"~

Dawn glanced at Wonder, then looked away. "Are you sure we should let this opportunity pass? Father said, those who wait too long to catch their prey will most likely be murdered in their sleep. Is that not accurate?"

Sniffy smiled a bit uncomfortably. "Umm...no, not really. Wonder's nice, we'll get more opportunities later. Just enjoy yourself for now, okay? Make some friends, have fun, the whole package.~"

"...Is this a new sort of martial art you wish for me to learn?"

Sniffy sniffed, and patted Dawn. "...Oh look, we reached the main hall. Why don't you go get friendly with the others? I think I'm gonna go check out the library."

"So, I shall sneak into the enemy gathering, and learn from them, so I may be able to defeat them should the need arise? I shall fulfill this with ease, Sniffy, you have no need to worry."

Sniffy giggled, as Dawn trotted toward the others. She passed Wonder, and glanced at him.

"Hey, I'm goin to the library to chill a bit. Want to come with, or do you feel like being confused some more by Dawn's...foreign ways?~"

Wonder thought for a moment, before nodding, "Sure, I guess I could join you" he answered.[i]'I don't understand... Why is Sniffy so... normal compared to Dawn? I guess she's just integrated into Equestria better. Maybe she's been here before' [/i]he decided, the though suddenly brought up by Sniffy's mention of 'Dawn's foreign ways'. Wonder glanced into the main hall, "Hey, I'm just going to be in the library if anypony needs me," he called to everyone, then trotted back over to Sniffy.

Honeypot watched the events unfold curiously. "That Dawn mare is really weird, isn't she?" Honeypot muttered to a monk who was nearby. The monk glanced at Dawn, then at Honeypot, then thought for a second. "...Sure is" he agreed.

Dawn approached the group, this time by herself. [i]Sniffy told me to try and act as they do, to get integrated into the group...very well, it should not be so hard.[/i]

"Very well, commoners, I am prepared for integration into your gathering."

After Sniffy and Wonder entered the library, Sniffy grabbed a book about the history of Equestria, and sat down, the flipped it open to a random page.

"So, Wonder...I felt like...since you know, you're on a temple...and I'm on a temple...it appears we're both in a temple~ So I felt we should get to know each other more."

She sneezed, and wiped her muzzle, then smirked. "So, you have any...very special somepony?~"

Storm lay back on his bed, his guitar on his stomach. "I missed that sound...back when everything was normal. Eh, I don't regret it too much, I guess..."

He closed his eyes, a small smile on his face.

Archived