MLP: Dawn of the Rebellion [IC/Started/Not Accepting]

Grunt Issun

Honeypot continued to cry onto Storm for a moment, then picked herself back up. "Th-thank you, Storm" she muttered, "I guess you're right" she admitted.
She latched her forelegs around his neck for support, and steadied herself, "And... With you here, I... I think I can handle it. As long as you're here..." she said, staring into his eyes. "Thank you, Storm. For being here" she muttered.

Honeypot was then taken aback by Storm's sudden question. "Storm..." she whispered. With their heads touching, Honeypot began to stare into his eyes again, and held her gaze for a moment, but then broke it quickly. "I mean... Yes, of course I will" she answered him.

Being cheered up by the whole event, Honeypot sighed, relieved, "Thank Celestia for that. If you weren't here, I think I'd go insane from all the second-hoof crazy that this group makes up" she joked lightly.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm scratched his head, blushing a bit. "I can say the same...though, I guess if you weren't here I'd still be sleeping in bed back in Ponyville..."

He gave her cheek a small nuzzle with his muzzle. "Can't say I regret it though. Now...it IS the middle of the night. You should try to get some rest to let that wound heal up. Meanwhile, I'll try to get some rest too...my cheek's still feeling that hoof to the face..."

He chuckled a bit, and sighed, then began walking away. "I'd walk you to your room, but.....well, let's just say I'm tired."

As he turned away, his smile grew wider, and he walked away quickly.

[i]I wonder when was the last time...I was able to truly smile like this...[/i]

Honeypot blushed a bit when Storm nuzzled her, and smiled. She sighed contentedly, and nodded. "Right, we probably both need our rest. Nighty night, Storm"

She made her way back to her own room, and lied down on her bed. Feeling a lot better than she was before, her head was now swimming with thoughts of what had just happened. She could hardly believe it all, and would be worried that it was just a dream, if not for the very real pain that her wound was still causing her.
"Even so... I should really apologize to Morning about the mirror... I hope she got what she needed out of that thing..." she muttered aloud, before allowing herself to slip off into dreamland until morning.

The hours of the night passed, and all ponies were sleeping peacefully. Soon, another morning had dawned.

Blazer woke up early in the morning, still a bit tired from the ordeal last night. "Now to get ready for another new day." She said with a smile. She got out of bed, brushed her mane, and started doing pushups. "One.. two.. three..... four..... fi...." She collapsed on the floor just as she began her workout. [i]"Come on self, get up and take on the day!"[/i]

She lied there for a moment. "Well, I guess I might want to rest a bit mo- Oh, Honeypot! I should check on her." She pulled herself up and went out through the doorway. She trotted down the hall and opened Honeypot's door. "Oh good, her gauze haven't got too bloody. Hopefully the wound is nearly closed." She closed her door and walked off into the empty dining hall. She grabbed some ingredients and utensils, and over the course of an hour, she had made a fresh batch of muffins. She laid them on the table for the others, then headed back to her room to sleep just a bit longer.

Wonder slowly rolled out of bed, and plopped onto the floor. "Ow" He grunted, getting a jolt of pain from landing on his back.
He picked himself up, shook his head to regain his senses, then headed out into the temple grounds. He made his way into the kitchen, where he found a platter of muffins already made. He took one without thinking much of it, and nibbled away at it. When he was done, he went over to Blazer's door, and knocked lightly, "Blazer? You awake yet?" he called.

Honeypot jolted up, hearing sounds from outside. Her wound acted up for a moment, causing her to grimace in pain. After it went away, she checked outside to see Wonder nearby, calling into Blazer's room. "Oh, Wonder, it's just you" she sighed, relieved. She guessed she had been feeling a bit paranoid since last night. She yawned loudly, but without saying another word to Wonder, walked past and went out to sit in the courtyard.

Blazer got herself out of bed and trotted over to her satchel. She grabbed the brush from it, brushed her mane, then headed towards the door. "Good morning Wonder, I hope you slept well." She began to walk down the long hallway to get back to the dining area. "I think I'm gonna go to the dining hall and get a muffin, so come along if you wanna join me."

Before heading any further, Blazer turned to Honeypot's door. She opened it up to see that Honeypot had already woke up.[i] "She really shouldn't be up and about yet; It's only been several hours... Maybe she has a bit more vitality than the average pony.. but even then.."[/i] She turned to Wonder. "Wonder, would you mind helping me find Honeypot? I've got to tell her how much bed rest she needs."

Storm opened his eyes slowly. His consciousness coming back to him gradually. He let out a deep yawn, stretching his forehoofs, and making a small relieved sigh as he did so. He rubbed his eyes in a circular motion for a bit, before stading up. He stared down at the bed, and let out another yawn. A sharp intake of breath, followed by a slow, drawn-out, outtake of air. He shivered a bit, from the mountain cold, and slowly slid one of his hoofs through his hair.

He sighed. "How troublesome...my head's hurting..."

He walked outside his room. He did not, however, expect to see Sniffy and Dawn.

"Good morning~" Sniffy exclaimed. "I didn't know there were more mares here. Who might you be?~"

"...I'm a colt."

"...Sniffy," Dawn said. "I believe this pony is confused. Should we teach him about the machinations of the body, so he will be enlightened as to his own internal bone structure?"

"...And who is SHE?" Storm asked.

"She's my companion, Dawn Whisper. And I'm Sniffy. Oh, and, sorry, I'm a bit sleepy right now. I kind of, didn't sleep much from watching my secret camera..."

"Secret camera?"

"Oh, nothing~"

"...but-"

"Nothiiin~"

Morning rolled over on her bed. Not being used to sleeping in one, she fell straight to the floor with a dull thud that jolted her awake. "[i]Oww... How does anypony get used to these things?[/i]" she wondered silently, picking herself up off the ground. She brushed herself off and headed out the door of the bedroom, down the hall to the main foyer.

Crescent was wandering through the halls. At one point, he noticed Blazer and Wonder standing around chatting, Blazer seeming a little worried. He approached them silently. "[i][color=#0000cd]Ah, good, you are both awake. I must ask, would you two be able to assist me in searching for the remainder of our group? I would like everyone to meet in the temple foyer so that we may depart.[/color][/i]" he told them. "[i][color=#0000cd]And how is the young mare? Has she awakened yet?[/color][/i]"

Wonder smiled at Blazer, "Oh, good morning!" he greeted her "I slept alright, I suppose, but I woke up for a second, like, in the middle of the night." he explained. "Um... alright... Why does Honeypot need bedrest exactly?" Wonder asked, suddenly confused. Crescent then walked up to them, and said something. "Oh, we're leaving? Well, alright, we can look" he answered. "Also, why is everyone suddenly talking about Honeypot?"

Wonder walked around, and after a moment, came across Storm. "Storm, hey! We're leaving in a bit, so... come along"

After more walking, he came to the courtyard, where Honeypot was. "Hey, Honeypot. We're going to be lea- When did you get bandages?" he asked, surprised.

"Last night. Long story. Don't ask. Please" she answered. "Don't worry though, I'll be f-" she began, before falling forward, and nearly tumbling over, before catching herself.

"Um... okay then. Well, we're leaving anyway, so maybe we can get you some help"

A few of the monks were passing by at the time, and came over upon this. Included in the group was Dippy. "Wonder, you guys are leaving?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so" Wonder replied, solemn.

"Oh... well... I guess... see you later, Wonder" Dippy said, slowly.

"Of course. I'll... be back again. Soon. I promise"

"Oh, alright. Well, be safe, Wonder" Dippy said, then gave Wonder a quick hug. "OH! But, um, Blazer? D'ya have a sec, before you guys leave?"

Morning walked into the courtyard herself, joining up with the others. "[i]Oh, good. Glad to see everyone's here.[/i]" she said.
"[i][color=#0000cd]Yes, yes.[/color][/i]" Crescent chimed in, looking over at Blazer. "[i][color=#0000cd]You should, of course, go. Take care of anything you feel you need to do before we go, and hurry back. We... have spent far too long here already.[/color][/i]" he said.
"[i]In the meantime, does anyone have an idea as to where we'll be heading next? Our errands are done, and Wonder's had a chance to visit his home now too... But where should we go now?[/i]"

"Well Wonder.. Honeypot was taken hostage just last night. I don't know the details.. but she got injured during the kidnapping. Fortunately, Storm brought her back and I was able to treat her wounds with gauze,." She paused for a second. "But she really shouldn't be out of bed, so we need to find her quickly! If she overexerts herself by walking around too much, she could re-open the wound..."

She looked at Dippy. "Of course, Dippy." She trotted next to him. "So, what is it?"

Honeypot slowly got up from her position, and slumped towards Crescent, "Oooh, ooh, we can go to Manehatten! That's... where my family moved after Cloudsdale was attacked, and... I hear there's some good doc-" she said, then stumbled again, "Doctors. Good doctors, there" she suggested. "Besides... it's near the coast. So there's... that" Honeypot added, not knowing where she was going with that.

Dippy lead Blazer a little ways from the group, "Well, it's about Wonder" he said, lowering his voice, "Two things, actually. Um, well, you guys seem pretty close, so I feel I should tell you. I want you to look after Wonder, make sure he doesn't get too hurt. Don't tell him I said this, but he's... not the strongest pony in the world. I mean, not to be rude, but I'm surprised he's doing so well as it is, even if he is still a bit skinny. That's another thing, try and get him to eat more, actually." Dippy said, "Well, anyway, that's not the second thing. The second thing is... well, it's about his ability. The fire breathing thing. That sort of thing is based heavily on his emotions, see? And he's... quite emotional, y'know? So, um, try and make sure that he doesn't ever get too upset. Don't do anything to make him angry or sad or anything, and just keep him in a good mood. You should be able to do that, though, I think. He seems to like you" he finished.

"[i][color=#0000cd]Manehatten? Hm... I do recall a location by that name. Yes, perhaps I visited it during my travels with Her Royal Highness, your fair Princess Luna.[/color][/i]" Crescent tilted his head back in reminiscence. "[i][color=#0000cd]Mm... what a peaceful time that was... Now then, we really should be going.[/color][/i]" he said at last. He raised his hoof to the sky. "[i][color=#0000cd]Remember, keep contact with one of use at any and all times. It would not do for us to become separated, no?[/color][/i]" Crescent said aloud so that the entire group could hear.

Morning looked back over at Blazer. "[i]Hey, Blazer! We're about to leave![/i]" she called out to her.

Blazer nodded to everything Dippy had said. "Don't worry Dippy, I'll do my best. I'll be sure to care care of him the best I can, no matter what. And yeah, I'll try to get him to have seconds a bit more often." She said in a cheery tone.

"His emotions can affect his ability? Then don't worry, I have no intention of upsetting Wonder. I'll try my best to keep him in the best of moods all the time." She smiled lightly at Dippy. "You really do care about him, that I can see clearly." Blazer heard Morning yelling at her to return to the group. "Alright, I'll be right there!" She turned back to Dippy. "It was nice meeting a pony like you, Dippy. I hope we meet again someday." She said waving as she headed back to the group.

Crescent took a slow look around at the group, making sure they were all accounted for. He nodded to himself a moment later. "[i][color=#0000cd]Good, good. We are all here. Now then...[/color][/i]" He said, his body markings starting to flare up. Morning followed suite. With a flash of black and white, the group was whisked back into the subspace.

Once again, the group was soaring over the ocean of light that blanketed the bottom of the realm. There were a few blotches of the darkness here and there, like the one they went through when they went to the north, but they were far off, most of them behind the group.
Then, an earth-shattering roar sounded out from the distance, off to the group's left. A silhouette of what appeared to be a very large snake rose of from where the roar had come from. "[i][color=#0000cd]What... Already? This isn't good, it'll notice us before we get there...![/color][/i]" Crescent thought, looking over at the shadow. Another roar blared out, but was cut off mid-way. The group's movement had completely stopped. Then, the world around them began to crack. Like a mirror, the subspace shattered, and the group fell a few feet to solid ground.

Crescent and Morning got up off the ground and looked at each other, then down at the rest of the group. "[i]Sorry about that, everyone. We had to stop the warp early, because of that... thing. But I think we made it a good ways to Manehatten, so we shouldn't be far off.[/i]" she apologized. Crescent turned to look around them, getting a bearing on their surroundings. There was a town a short ways off. "[i][color=#0000cd]A town is nearby. We should head there and see if we cannot find our exact location.[/color][/i]"

Honeypot plopped on her side onto the ground, which made her wound go crazy, "Owowowowowow!" she wailed, her hooves flying to her side, as she writhed on the ground, tears forming at her eyes from the pain. She slowly picked herself up, and wiped her eyes, then leaned on Storm, so she wouldn't topple over, "Next time you decide to drop us out of hyper-space, can you do it a little closer to the ground!?"

Wonder also surveyed the surroundings. "Um... I think I know where we are right now, actually. I mapped out a lot of land near the temple during my journeys, and this was one place. Up ahead is Tramplevania," he explained, "And no - There's no such thing as Vampires" he added in, referring to the rumors about Tramplevania.

"[i]Oh, really? I didn't know Tramplevania was so close to Manehatten. I mean, I never knew all that much about this continent, but for it to be so close...[/i]" Morning said in response to Wonder's statement. She gave an elated sigh. "[i]...That's wonderful. I've always wanted to come here.[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]It was not my choice to cancel it. You saw the shadow, did you not? Of that... thing...[/color][/i]" Crescent halted for a moment, glaring at Honeypot. "[i][color=#0000cd]...We would not have survived, if that thing had seen us. It was too close, we had too far to travel... I apologize for doing it so suddenly, but I had no other choice.[/color][/i]" he said solemnly, shutting his eyes.

Honeypot took a deep breath, then hung her head, slightly ashamed of herself. "I know. I'm sorry. It's just... I'm a bit irritable. Having half of your right side missing will do that to you" she apologized. "Which reminds me. I also want to apologize to you, Morning. I know how much you went through to get that mirror, and it's kind of my fault that we lost it. So... sorry. I realize there probably isn't much I can do to make it up to you" she said solemnly, staring at her hooves.

"Um, say, before we go in, I have to ask. Crescent, Morning, do you two know what that weird snake shadow thing actually is?" Wonder asked, suddenly curious. If it was dangerous enough that they had to cancel their transportation, Wonder felt the group should know what it was.

A look of worry crossed Morning's face, while something else covered Crescent's. It was something like a look of annoyance, but it was almost sad, as if he had just remembered something tragic. They both took a moment, and a long, drawn-out breath.
"[i][color=#0000cd]I suppose an explanation is in order. You... are meant to know.[/color][/i]" Crescent said, looking to the sky. "[i][color=#0000cd]Its name... Orochi. That was the spirit of a great demon from our homeland. At least, a portion of it. Most of it should still be sealed within that realm, but...[/color][/i]"
"[i]Orochi is an embodiment of darkness. And Cresc... He uses Darkness too. His is a more... gentle Darkness, while Orochi's is more malevolent and evil, but they're otherwise the same. It probably started stirring after sensing Cresc's power again, after all these years.[/i]"
"[i][color=#0000cd]That is why I was forced to cancel the warp. If we had lingered any longer, it would have re-awoken. And should it ever break free from that realm... We would not be able to stop it... again...[/color][/i]" Crescent finished, murmuring the last word. "[i][color=#0000cd]On a side note... We will not be able to warp anywhere from now on, unless it is either an incredibly short distance, or it is otherwise necessary.[/color][/i]" he added, turning now towards the town in the distance. [i]"[color=#0000cd]...Now then, we should keep moving.[/color][/i]"
Morning glanced at Honeypot. "[i]Oh, and thank you for the apology, but it's fine.[/i]" she said, smiling, and holding up the mirror shard for her to see.

Storm's eyes widened as Honeypot fell down. He moved to help her up, but she managed to stumble back up on her own, to Storm's relief. He sighed. [i]How troublesome...why did she have to get hurt...[/i]

Storm gladly let Honeypot lean on him. Then, when Wonder asked about the snake shadow thing, Storm also got a bit curious.

"You know...I'm also a bit curious to hear that. And I'm sure we all are. It seems that that snake shadow thing isn't just something we can ignore...just wondering, but do you think it'll become a problem for us in the future?"

Blazer landed flat on the ground as the teleportation had ended. "Oww.. well, that seemed really peculiar." She picked herself up and looked over at Cresc, who was explaining what had happened. "Wait.. Orochi? This 'Orochi' monster.. can you tell us anymore about it? Anything else we should know? I mean, since you had to stop us mid-teleport, I imagine it's quite serious."

Floating over the heads of the group, was a dark entity. It was the same dark entity that's been haunting Blazer.

[b]"Minute by minute, the clock ticks down. Limitless power... it's now within sight."[/b]

The being closed it's eyes and heard the same roar the group did; Orochi's roar. He couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Can we talk about this later, please?" Honeypot asked in a pained voice. "I really want to get some place to lie down. Preferably not the cold ground. Can we just get to the town?"

"Honeypot's right. We should probably get going" Wonder agreed. He began his trek into the town, and after a minute they had entered. There were a few of Shadow Wing's guards patrolling the town. More than usual. One noticed the group, and confronted them. "Hey you!" he called. He was an earth pony. He galloped up to the group. "You look familiar... You're name wouldn't happen to be Won-" he began, but suddenly, a bright red Unicorn with a long white mane appeared, jumping from a small building.

"Yo, Canvas!" he called, looking at Wonder. "Wildfire, Tempest, all you guys!" he went on, spouting out names they'd never heard before. "I was looking all over for you guys!" he said, cheerfully.

Suddenly, a voice rung in Wonder's head, it sounded shadowy, but like this Unicorn's. [i]'If your group wants to get out of this, you'll follow me. NOW' [/i]it said. Wonder caught on.

"Oh, oh! Sorry, friend, we were just getting sidetracked" he explained, lying.

"No prob. Well come on, we gotta get going, Snowflake is still waiting" he lied, then began walking away.

Wonder followed, and motioned for the rest of the group to as well.

After a minute of walking, the pony suddenly took a turn into an alley. "Whew, that was a close one. You guys almost got found out" he sighed, relieved.

"Wait, just who are you? Why did you help us?" Wonder asked.

He grinned. His horn glowed with a white aura, and his coat suddenly started to change. From the tip of his head, down to his tail, his coat turned from bright red to a subdued purple, and his mane and tail turned from stark white to pitch black, in one smooth flowing motion. "The name's Sly. I'm somewhat of an outlaw. I don't like Shadow Wing much. That guard was troubling you. That means you're enemies of Shadow Wing too. That means we're buddies" he explained.

"Oh... Well. Thank you, Sly" Wonder replied, bowing slightly.

"No need to thank me" he waved it off. He looked at Honeypot for a second. "Say, your cute one has bandages on. She need rest?" Sly asked.

Honeypot disregarded being called 'your cute one', and just nodded, "Yeah, I got a pretty bad gash. You have someplace I can lie down?"

"Course I do" he smirked. His horn glowed again, and the wall at the back of the alley shimmered and faded, revealing a large room behind it. "Trick wall" he explained, and walked into the room. Wonder followed. "Welcome to my little slice of heaven" he welcomed the group.

The room itself was completely decked out. There were several luxury level beds, branching rooms for closets and other commodities. There was a massive bookshelf, containing hundreds of large, expensive tomes. To one side was a kitchen area, with cupboards and a fridge no doubt stuffed full of gourmet food. "So what do you think?" Sly asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It's amaziiiing" Honeypot moaned contentedly, already lying on one of the extremely soft beds.

"You guys can hide out here for a while, but I suggest you tell me your story first"

"Uh..." Wonder muttered, "Well..." he looked back at the group, his face making the question clear. Can we trust this guy?

Morning was looking around the room, fascinated by almost everything. "[i]Woooooow... I've never seen so much in one place.[/i]" she said, examining the nearby bookshelf, flipping through the volumes.
Crescent stood by Wonder, now looking at him. His response was as silent as Wonder's question; he gave a short nod, turning now to Sly. "[i][color=#0000cd]I thank you, on behalf of our group. Though I must ask... You are an outlaw, as you say?[/color][/i]" Crescent inquired.

Blazer stood in awe at all of the luxuries and riches the pony named Sly had obtained. "Your home is lovely, Mr. Sly. I've never seen so many things that are this beautiful before." Blazer looked over at Honeypot's bed. "Oh my.... oh my goodness." She dashed over to the bed to take a closer look at the sheets. "The material... so soft and brilliant looking!" She pondered for a moment. [i]"It's so silky... it reminds me of... I really need to get a dress soon."[/i]

She trotted back alongside Wonder afterwards. She looked him, then to Sly. "Well, he's generous enough to offer us a place to stay. And that's not it, I can just tell.. I know he's a good pony." Blazer then turned towards the bed again. "And considering Honeypot's condition, I really think it would be in our best interest to stay."

Archived