Blind Eyes season 1 [Trimester 1 has started][Accepting][Pg-16]

Yosuke-kun

Jin thought for a second. He still wasn't keen on leaving the dorm. Better to be caught in the dorms than the halls; or an older students dorm. At least, that was his opinion. But something about Aeklyn, most likely the same alluring charm that had caught Jin other times had been acting again, in fact he was postive it was, but he wanted to agree with and follow Aeklyn.

But then Reimu was there too. What she'd said was important, wasn't it? He couldn't remember. All he could focus on was Aeklyn. [i]What the hell's going on with me?[/i] he thought [i]I should be paying attention to Reimu too, she'd mentioned Lucifer, but still. Aeklyn's so... Dammit! Why am I getting like this?[/i] He reached out to take her hand, but something else caught his attention.

His Chaos Sight had been unconsciously focusing on Aeklyn, but in that moment of self argument, it had returned to the original state. Something behind him had moved. Not one of the girls, Reimu was to his left, Aeklyn was just in front of him. He spun around, not voicing his thoughts. The bathroom door was opened slightly, and through that slight, Jin saw more movement. He didn't think anyone else saw the movement, but they wouldn't need to see it. The smell of rotting meat and decaying flesh filled the air. "Reimu." he said in a psuedo calm tone "I think we should go with Aeklyn."

-----

The clock ticked on, as Faust was overly aware of. Still, he could tell the classes attention was completely on him now. "Ms. Kotobyaku, as you are the most experienced student in this class, I'd like you do attempt to observe something about me." His eyes were hidden again by the light reflecting off them. Then something flickered across his senses. [i]Seems our little ditchies are in a spot of trouble.[/i] He had half a mind to head off himself, but then again, Faust always seemed to have only half a mind.

Rather, than deal with it on his own, he contacted Mike through Mind Hacking, and said [i]There're a few servants of Astaroth after our young prodigies. Might I suggest only intervening after you've accurately viewed their fighting potential against the beasties?[/i]

Lien turned to Masalahov with a slightly frightened look in her eye. Speaking just under a whisper, she said "Did he talk to you in... there, too? Kinda creepy isn't it." She could tell there was something else going on, but couldn't tell what. The least she could do was try to make him feel better. Faust's chalk bounced of Lien's desk and struck her on the back of her head, causing her to jump and squeel loudly. "Ms. Akatsuki, please try to pay more attention to class. Ms. Kotobyaku may have something insightful for you." Lien slowly and shakily turned in her seat. Clearly she hadn't taken Fausts lesson to heart.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica was looking at the other 2 parts of the venom, until she smelled something rather nasty, it smelled potently like rotting flesh, She gasped and ran out of her dorm, getting her Alchemical Notes, her Progress report, and her batch of the Mysterious Potion she made. There was something nearby, and she was not taking any chances on Aeklyn being ambushed, She was drawing wards on her body like crazy, 2 Firebolt Wards, 2 Holy Wards, and a healing ward were drawn into the palm of her right hand, it was still some time until she would reach the Boy's Dorm room

---

Aeklyn knew that the Zombies were there, their presence was one of the most obvious things in life, it immediately reminded her of that mission, she glared as she got in front of Jin, She then said solemnly [color=#800080]"Protect Reimu!"[/color], She then held her hand in the air, but she could hear children Murmuring before she could call out her Caladbolg, Many Little girls murmuring as if they were in the room with her, She had sensed a presence in the room that the smell was coming from as she lowered her hand, It was a smaller presence, compared to those things, but it felt just familiar, Her eyes turned red briefly, she saw many orange presences, but just outside the academy to her right, She could see a crimson presence, She knew it was not a demon, but she also knew it wasn't a Halfa either, Some of the Orange presences, maybe 2 or 3 ran after the Crimson presence. At that instant, Something mentally snapped within her, and she heard voices [color=#006400][i]"Aeklyn... Trust your instincts, You are a special Half-demon, In fact, You are nothing like most other half-demons..." [/i][/color][i][color=#000080]"Release yourself, rescue her..."[/color][/i]

"I don't think that'll be necessary. Reimu can protect herself better than I could any-" Jin's sentence was cut off by something he'd missed. For a single moment, he'd been caught in Aeklyn's charm again, focusing on her rump as she moved him behind her. He fought it just enough to notice all too late that a walking corpse had somehow appeared behind him and got an arm around his neck.

Jin couldn't break free either. Despite being dead already, the monsters were surprisingly powerful. [i]Where the hell did the come from?![/i] he thought frantically. His Chaos Sight displaying the carcasses only vulnerable area, his head. He summoned Kagutsuchi, still in it's sheathe, and bashed the Zombies eye with the pummel. It recoiled, but didn't let go. He smacked it in the face again, but it only gripped him tighter. He reached for the darkness in a panic, but couldn't reach it. HIs sight started to go blurry, if he wasn't released soon, he'd pass out.

He could still see that Zombies were filing into the room. Six of them at least. He didn't have much choice. He squirmed and struggled till his mouth was low enough, and he bit down hard on the dead flesh. Though it sickened him to do this, he didn't have a choice. The Zombies skin felt like putty on his tongue, and the taste was enough to make one hundred men's stomach's turn over. His vision got even more blurry, most likely from the taste. The Zombie didn't seem to even feel the bite though. He bit harder, but still nothing. [i]Dammit! Somebody shoot it please...[/i]

Aeklyn then glared back and called upon her Caladbolg, as her Caladbolg materialized in her left hand, She swung her right hand and scratched the zombie in the face, she glared at her hand as half of the Zombie's head fell off, then, Using her Right hand, She created a ball of her own aura, She wondered if she could actually use it as a weapon like she had done in while she was in that Demon form, but that would have to wait, She loaded several Sunlight Bullets in her Caladbolg, then shot a single bullet as she curved around, firing a beam of light that cut through both arms that was choking Jin. Aeklyn then shot some of the Zombies, Aiming for the head and burning their brains out...

---

Jessica was running towards the First Year Boys dorm, She saw several Zombies trying to enter, so she fired off one of her Holy Wards on her hand, Unleashing a Large Beam of Holy Light at the Zombies trying to enter, instantly Roasting them completely, She renewed the ward and turned it into a firebolt ward, She ran into the Dorm and glared at Aeklyn, she instantly knew what was going on, She was trying to hold her Malice back, but it would get the better of her eventually, She saw a "Crimson" being and some "Oranges" Chasing it, She then said to Aeklyn [color=#0000CD]"Go Ashley... I'll handle these guys, There should be an exit at the back of the dorms..."[/color] as she materialized her Caladbolg

Aeklyn took off out of the dorm, and started flying in the hallway towards an exit in the back of the dorm hall, She could feel her Malice growing, Her red Eyes came back, and she could see that crimson being again being chased by orange beings, Something, being chased by those Zombies, She held back her Malice as she went through the exit, She looked around outside and found what that "Crimson being" was, A Little Girl, that was chased by several Zombies... She decided to follow the Girl and hopefully find out where she was going...

Reimu didn't say a word as she noticed the zombies appear- her training wouldn't let her. Startled slightly that they could be so easily attacked in what she had considered a relatively safe zone, it took her a second to properly grip Salamander- at least long enough for Jin to attempt to strike out and be held back for his troubles- and only a second more to connect to the fire mana within her veins. Fortunately, she'd had plenty of time to repair her magical synapses since the Basic Combat training, and it almost took effort to hold back the bullet.

Her only regret was that she'd probably be late for next class.

[i]Click. Click. Click. [/i]Salamander did its job, spitting out bullets of flame in an almost straight pattern, painting a plume of fire in the air briefly with the muzzle flash. The zombies, beings of the earth and water, burned with a smell straight out of hell itself, flame expanding from the neat holes poked in each of the three parts of their bodies- abdomen, chest and forehead. She only vaguely recognized that a couple of the zombies had second neat little holes put through their temples, and it occurred to her that others were probably fighting as well; it was this realization that stopped her from bathing the area in Dragonbreath, given that the flames would undoubtedly spread to her allies in this sort of situation.

Naturally, her Hunter's Eyes were in full force, and she would have marvelled at what she saw if adrenalin hadn't wiped such thoughts from her mind. Each jerky movement was telegraphed, every weak point was as obvious as a great red dot about their person, each shape was crisp and clear even with the additional details getting in the way. Whether the power of her Hunter's Eyes was already evolving or she was simply becoming more focused in combat she couldn't say, but each bullet she shot sinking into a key point in an enemy was a testament to its deadliness.

---

Masa nodded in agreement to Lien, but flinched a little when the chalk whizzed by his ear on the way out. He turned his attention to the teacher immediately, not wanting to snub Lien but at the same time getting increasingly wary of this seemingly eccentric teacher. Something about the way he operated felt a little... off, in ways. Masa couldn't really place it, but he worked off of his feelings long enough to trust when he was sensing something he couldn't yet rationalize.

Rinne frowned inwardly at the teacher. He was sizing her up some how, he was sure. Certainly, there were a number of simple deductions she could make easily enough- what he had for breakfast, for one, or how long he had been standing in the classroom before they arrived- but she figured he would be disappointed with an answer like that. But really, a master Mind Hacker was experienced enough to not allow people to discern things from them- his eccentricities were almost certainly just a smokescreen to throw people off of the scent.

Then his brow creased. It was tiny, but it was a twitch all right- a tell of some sort. That in itself was useless -what kind of tell, after all?- until Rinne realized it meant that something happened that he didn't expect.

He knew literally everything that everyone in the room was thinking.

Therefore, something had happened that the students couldn't see or feel, that was outside the normal scope of things to give him that reaction. There were a couple things that would fit the bill, but the most obvious was that...

"I can tell you've just sensed there are intruders in the building," she said carefully, "And I can deduce that you're not terribly worried about it yet, given you haven't interrupted our class in any fashion."

"Damnit Fuast what did I say about mind hacking me?" He said out loud. None the less he know these kind of demons. The dead kind. The might not be able to handle it and Mike really wasn't doing anything so why not let his little ditchers live another day. Besides the fact that the ditched classes for demon slayers says something. He stood and started to go to where he sensed the demons. [i]Great zombies. Just what I wanted.[/i] Mike hated zombie. Maybe it was because he feared death its self or because he thought dead things shoud stay in the ground he wasn't sure. All he new was that he didn't like them. As he got closer he began to smell them. Something about the smell rotting flesh really made Mike not want to be there even more. But he had to help the student. Why did he take this job again?

Aeklyn followed the child and the zombies chasing her from the right side, She looked ahead, and saw the child going into a sort of cave, but what amazed her was when the Zombies tried to follow, Runes glowed, ones that were similar to ones on the side of her Caladbolg, and a few that were the same, and all of them she could read. The Zombies got subsequently thrown out by some unknown force, as if it was an Omni-ether wall that only lets in Alices. She aimed her Caladbolg and fried those Zombies, That Malice was still nagging her, as she had her friends to worry about, She quickly started her trek to return to the Academy...

---

Jessica was firing off one of her Firebolt wards at one of the Zombies, As she fired a single ward, It launched 5 fireballs, 1 large one that can't travel much off it's set path, and 4 smaller ones that circled around the larger one, When it hit the Zombie, It did not explode, but the Zombie actually broke apart as if it was a large doll hit in the chest with a wrecking ball. Jessica's Caladbolg started incanting a spell, firing off small bolts of fire from it's mouth at another zombie trying to sneak up behind her and strangle her, Impacting it in the head and killing it...

Jin landed on the floor with a loud thud as the Zombies arms were severed. His knees pained slightly, but he was breathing again. At least that was good. He quickly thanked Aeklyn for saving him. Reimu was superior to him again he noted, firing of at the Zombies before he'd even managed to summon Kagutsutchi. "Nice shots girl." he said.

Still, things were getting worse. Aeklyn severed some of the Zombies heads, but their bodies continued to move. The brain was still barely functioning. Now that his sight was working again, he could tell that the brain seemed to act like an off shore generator. Then Aeklyn ran past him, and out the dorm followed by a few Zombies. [i]One less ally[/i] Jin thought as he drew Kagutsutchi from the sheathe.

The Zombies were slow moving, but they seemed to be multiplying fast. Spilling in through the windows, crawling out of the fireplace, and some simply materializing into existence. The ones that materialized did so with flashing glyphs appearing at there feet. Something was strange about this. The demons Jin had seen in Osaka had all either burst out from the Hell Gate, or arrived as if through air. There wasn't any difference otherwise, but still.

He focused his Chaos Sight on the nearest torso. Cutting the brain would be too inefficient, but they seemed to have another weakness. "Reimu, shoot the headless ones with fire! Otherwise, they won't go down." Another Zombie tried to attack him from behind, but he was ready this time. He spun in place and sank his sword through the Zombies brain, then spun again to slash through the brain of another. No time to praise himself though. That's how he got into the behemoth situation.

-----

Lien shot up at Rinne's deduction. "Intruders?" she asked quietly. But what were they there for? Were they after Jin for some reason? She was sure of it. Why would the building gain intruders for any other reason? Especially now of all times. She focus her senses hard, momentarily sensing Jin's presence in his dorm. Why he was there was a mystery to her, but he was fighting. IfFaust knew, why didn't he do something. [i]Somebody more suited than I is on Ms. Akatsuki. Your brother will be just fine.[/i]

Fausts answer wasn't exactly reassuring, but he obviously knew what he was doing. Though she couldn't help but worry, she had to trust that her brother would be ok. Besides, she doubted anything out there could beat Jin.

"Splendid deduction Ms. Kotobyaku." he said smiling, his eyes still concealed by the light of his glasses. "Far better than I expected from even from you." Now things weren't as cut and dry as Faust had expected, but nothing he couldn't handle. "I suppose you've done enough for this class. With three minutes left, you're all dismissed." That wouldn't dissuade the murmurs of intruders at all, but at least now it wasn't Faust's problem.

Lien on the other hand, wasted no time in rushing out of the class to her brother. If he was hurt or in trouble, she wouldn't allow herself to simply stand by as he was.

Jessica aimed another firebolt ward at the Zombies that were trying to enter, but she aimed downward, her shots were like cannonballs since her aura hardened, She fired, Curving around Jin and hitting the floor of the room the Zombies were coming from, creating a large fireball in that room, Roasting the Zombies inside. She looked at Jin and said to him [color=#0000CD]"Don't worry, She'll be back in 5... 4... 3-" [/color]She was interrupted by 2 more Zombies approaching behind her, but their heads got Roasted by a single Sunlight Bullet before she could use a ward, She smirked as Aeklyn returned, Aeklyn simply stared at Jessica, and Jessica knew what was going on... [color=#0000CD]"Another thing for the progress report..." [/color]Jessica said with a squee, as she wrote a small note at the end of the progress report "During a Zombie Attack, Ashley saw a little girl run into a cave with runes she recognized with Zombies Chasing it, The Cave turned out to be lined with a certain set of runes that prevent anything from entering, likely with the exception of humans or Alices" Aeklyn kept watch for more zombies

[s]Roleplay postponed until Kio returns.[/s]

Opened again.

----

Reimu nodded in confirmation and flicked he gun slightly, changing its shape into a shotgun and firing off a number of shots at a pair of zombies approaching from behind; no matter how many she fired on, more seemed to pour out of the woodwork. She took the moment to shoot a couple that Jin had beheaded- unfortunately, it appeared Kagutsuchi was incapable of killing them efficiently by itself. Both Jin and her were beginning to be forced towards the center of the room as enemies came from every orifice in the room, the scent of dead flesh filling all of her senses- even under the haze of Hunter's Eyes, her senses focused towards visual elements, she couldn't ignore the touch of death that seemed to hang in the air around them.

She shot without even really thinking about it any more- aiming was almost superfluous, given that any direction would still hit a number of enemies. They shuddered against eachother, pressing against eachother almost like maggots in a log, trying to stumble over one another in an attempt to reach them.

She could get through this. She knew she could- she had to. Corpses were dragging themselves across the floor, chests burned out but arms still grasping towards her ankles- fire exploded from Salamander, her ears seemed to filter out all noise, becoming silent-

[color=#a9a9a9][i]"Reimu," her father said, "You aren't paying attention. Never loose track of your enemy- if you don't know what you're fighting, you've already lost. You cannot lose."[/i][/color]

[color=#a9a9a9][i]Reimu didn't hear him, too busy cradling her bloody knee. The thorns she had torn it on stood in the grass a few feet away, wet with both her blood and the tears she had already cried. "Why can't I ever lose?" she muttered through her tears. "It's hard..."[/i][/color]

[color=#a9a9a9][i]"Not harder than defying death," her dead said grimly. "To lose is to face Death. And while death isn't omnipotent, it is an insidious, relentless foe. One doesn't dance with death without first knowing what he is doing in the process. It's far easier, my daughter, to never fail than it is to fight your own death and win". [/i][/color]

Wood tore through wood, clammy flesh torn from bone and nails ripped from walls spun in a circle, a deadly dance of destruction ripped through the room. Sunlight poured into the room, a hurricane of destruction ripping through the forefront of the building, annihilating the fireplace and front of the room, reducing it and each and every demonic body of death reduced to a fine mist ripped from the air and into the thundering, invisible storm and out of existence.

At the center of the cone of annihilation was a sword- held onto by a man.

Susanoo rose from the wreckage of the room, helfted his sword onto his shoulder, and glanced down at Reimu- who just noticed she was knocked to the ground- and at Jin. He grunted.

"You two again? Hmph," he turned and glanced at the sun outside. "You're becoming more troublesome by the minute".

Aeklyn was still looking around toward the hall, but Jessica was still in the room when Susano'o appeared, She then said [color=#0000CD]"Dangit Susano'o-Sama, I was having some fun blasting Some of those Zombies, Although you're actually quite right, It reminds me of Ashley when she goes on her missions"[/color] At that moment, Aeklyn looked inside the Dorm and saw Susano'o and smiled. Jessica had wondered and asked herself [color=#0000CD]"I wonder where I can find Marta-Sensei, I really would love to explore that cave that Ashley saw, Maybe I would learn more about Alices..." [/color]Aeklyn then said [color=#800080]"Why don't you go get your Cellpho-"[/color] She was interrupted with that Memory, She felt that she had harmed Jessica when she went on a Rampage, and Jessica can see that in Aeklyn...

Blood slattered across the dorm floor. The top of a Zombies head rolled past Jins feet. One just wasn't enough though. No matter how many they killed, more seemed to file in. Worse yet, Jin still felt no hint that he even had the Power of Darkness, apart from his still active Chaos Sight. Beside him, Reimu seemed lost in thought, but more than just that. Was she scared? No, of all people Reimu would be able to handle this. But something was wrong with her. Chaos Sight revealed that much, Jin realized as he noticed Reimu's soul appearing to cringe. He'd deal with that later though. For now, he was busy.

Jessica's appearance was helpful, but she seemed to have the same trouble. For every one she killed, another was summoned. That's when it hit Jin. Hadn't Emilia mentioned being a Summoner? A person capable of summoning demons to fight? While he doubted she was summoning the Zombies, it became clear that somebody was.

Then, wind surrounded him. It cut the Zombies, crushed them, tore them apart, flat out destroyed them. Jin managed to keep his balance, but barely. Reimu he noticed had fallen to her feet. The walls were torn away, and a huge tornado spun into the room, moving with wind speed to the few remaining Zombies, leaving them it pieces with the brain completely destroyed. Finally it settled in the center of the room.

"S-susunoo-sama!?" Jin yelled in a relieved surprise. At the very least, the Zombies were gone.

Jessica and Aeklyn smacked hands as if they were tagging in or out while Jessica told Aeklyn [color=#0000CD]"I'll go get my Cellphone Ashley-Chan, You look around for more of those idiotic Zombies..." [/color]as Jessica ran off from the room, Aeklyn said [color=#800080]"Hmmm I should switch to an Ether Bullet... An almost never-ending swarm must mea-" [/color]She was then Interrupted by a realization, Everyone looking into her eyes could now see the anger in them. She quickly turned and ran out of the room after letting out a growl, She felt worried about Lien, She could get Kidnapped or worse...

Aeklyn ran into the halls, in a rather panicked attempt to find Lien, Aeklyn is fuming with anger and worry, She did not know why she was worried about someone she only knew from her brother, maybe it was instinct, maybe it was something else entirely...

---

Jessica returned to where she had confronted Aeklyn at when she was saddened that one time, That was a rather gruesome memory, She looked down below that desk where she remembered she had dropped it at, but it was gone, She looked around, She had heard a little girl crying, [i][color=#0000CD]"Sounds like a 12 year old girl"[/color][/i] Jessica had thought, when she could see, you guessed it, a 12 year old Blonde girl scared and crying, Jessica went up to her and looked into her eyes, fighting a charm that she was emitting, but looking into her memories, Jessica then said [color=#0000CD]"Them mean ol' Zombies chasing you?"[/color] in a motherly tone, The kid ran up to Jessica and hugged her, still crying, She said in a motherly tone [color=#0000CD]"it's alright, it's alright shh shh shh... I'll protect you..."[/color] The girl looked up to Jessica, and waved her Black tail in happiness, her shoulders were trying to Bulge as if there were wings stuffed in there, Jessica then Immediately knew... It was an Alice... and it just now handed Jessica's cellphone back to her...

Susanoo nodded, clearing his throat.

"Got that damn straight, kid. Damned zombies," Susanoo muttered, kicking a head that rolled too near his feet. "They don't count as demons, so I didn't register them as quickly as I might have. Well, won't take me by surprise again..." he muttered, walking towards the door. He paused and glanced backward.

"Take one of those heads to the bitch that runs this school. She might be able to figure out who was summoning the damn things; chances are, it's someone in this school. Or not too far from it, at that. Also, stop nearly getting yourself killed," he chuckled to himself, "I mean, you think you can beat Lucifer if you loose to[i] these things? [/i]Pathetic..." he muttered, walking out the door with a shake of his head.

Reimu shook herself, then stood up. A few pieces of corpse had settled near where she was, and she shied away from them as much as she could- rotten flesh wasn't something she was partial to. She rather hated it, actually- in the wild, rot always meant sickness, death. Seeing it up close and clammy, moments after it tried to kill her itself, was just an added cherry on the undead cake.

"I think you might need a new room," she muttered, gesturing to the pieces of zombie scattered everywhere and signs of their battle- scorchmarks on the carpets and walls from Salamander, massive gouges carved into the wood and drywall by Susanoo's tornado, bulletholes in the wall, a hole blown through the window where Susanoo had decided he evidentially didn't need to use a door... it was terrible.

And the worst of it was, though she wasn't drenched in blood this time, she needed a hot shower [i]again. [/i]Possibly several times, with a deep soap scrub to wash away the thought of corpses touching her.

-

Rinne got up comparatively calmly for her seat, in stark contrast to everyone else- either bolting directly up like Akatsuki and leaving to either find the intruders or tell someone else about them, or staying behind inordinately long to gossip. Unlike the rest, she simply sat up, gathered up her books, and left at a leisurely pace.

Which she then hurried a fair bit so she could catch up to Akatsuki. She wasn't a fool- it was obvious that Akatsuki's group had something to do with this new intruder situation, and she wasn't going to get locked out of the loop. Granted, her talents weren't optimized for stealth, but the girl seemed distracted- even if she jogged beside her, she doubted she would be noticed.

Rinne had fourth-year Demonology coming up soon, but what the hell, she basically knew everything even in that class already too. Searching out a mystery that she had been denied took precedence, especially when every shred of logic she had to her name seemed to be pointing at something rather big going on. [i]Rather [/i]big.

Jessica extended her hand to the Alice and picked her up and spoke to it calmly [color=#0000CD]"I know a place where they'll never bother you again... come with me..."[/color] Jessica, with the Alice Following, peeked out of the room, There were other people moving in the halls, she cursed and waited for the halls to calm down before she could move from the room to get the Alice to her Dorm room, She had really hoped more zombies would not come and attack again, She had enough of those things for a day...

---

Aeklyn was looking around for Lien, Thankfully, her suspicions were incorrect and no enemies were attacking her, Lien looked quite worried as she was frantically looking for someone, Aeklyn walked up to her and asked [color=#800080]"Are you looking for something?"[/color], She waited for a reply from her, hoping that she would reply soon and hoping that more zombies would strike before she answers...

Mike ran into the dorm and stopped when he saw that everything was fine. Well besides for the fact that the dorm was half destroyed. He looked arounf and noticed that all the zombies were gone. "Oh that the lord." He laughed and looked at Susanoo bowing his head slightly. "Thank you for saving this kids." He looked at Jin and laughed again. "Jin I need you to go to my class room when you have the time. And don't ditch my class anymore." After saying this he looked at Susanoo again. "Do you know where these Zombies came from? Did someone summon then from inside the school?" He asked looking at a Zombie head with a funny look.

Jessica looked out the door, The clamor of the hallways died down quite a bit after waiting for a few moments. she then asked the Alice [color=#0000CD]"Can you roll up your tail?"[/color] to which the Alice Nodded and rolled up her tail, As Jessica looked out the third time, the Alice noticed the telltale wound on Jessica's Neck and decided to ask about the wound "What happened to you? That wound looks familiar..." to which Jessica sighed and turned around, That seems it would help pass the time by to wait until the students are gone. Jessica said [color=#0000CD]"Lets say that Ashley got to me when it was rampaging, trying to protect one of her friends, but before she could do so, She got hungry and went after my Sorr-" [/color]The Alice interrupted with a shock "So you're telling me, There's a 'Kin' in this school?" Jessica shrugged, but she had a close idea of what it mean and asked [color=#0000CD]"by 'Kin', do you mean another Alice?, If so, Yes. That would be Ashley"[/color]...

The smell of rot, the bits and pieces of bodies lying scattered across the floor, it was hard to believe Jin wasn't in Vietnam during the war. His eyes watered from the overpowering stench. But something still nagged at him. The white circles that had appeared so frequently were definitely summon circles, they had appeared when Emilia summoned her companion, but who had summoned them? Who had known he was here, and who at the school wanted him dead. He shook his head. A lot was happening this morning.

Reimu said something, which seemed to knock him out of his thought stage. She was right too. There wasn't much left of the dorm, and what was left was, well, it wasn't livable that was sure. His Chaos Sight was focusing on something else though. Reimu seemed upset. No, more than upset. Was she afraid of death? Jin wasn't sure, but the overwhelming urge to comfort his friend over came him.

He reached out and took her hand. "I, um, I'm not sure if this helps, but you really saved my ass back there." His brain seemed to be shutting down, but something told him what to say. "You know, you're really an awesome girl Reimu."

-----

Lien stopped as Aeklyn approached. "Oh, s-sorry. Um, you're Jin's friend, right?" Was she with him when he was attacked? Perhaps, but if so, why was she here. "Um, I'm sorry, but I'm trying to find him now. If you know where he is, could you help me please?" Lien really could use the help. She didn't know the first thing about navigating the school. Even with the map, moving through it was near impossible.

Aeklyn looked at Lien with a rather smug look, and said with a giggle [color=#800080]"oh, you're Jin's sister?"[/color] Which Aeklyn was not surprised about, After all, She always somehow gets this feeling that she needs to protect Lien for some reason, then when Lien asked her for help finding Jin, She patted Lien on the head and said [color=#800080]"I've been around Jin rather recently, He's in the first year dorm last time I saw him, Would you like me to walk you there?"[/color]...

---

Jessica sighed, She looked out into the halls and found that certain area to be clear, Which she took the Alice's hand and walked out of the room, She quickly got to the dorm hallways without having the Alice seen by any student or teacher and took it to her room, Jessica patted the Alice in the head and said [color=#0000CD]"You should be safe here... oh yea... how rude of me... My name is Jessica, but people call me 'Sakura', because of my Japanese Descent. What is yours?"[/color] The Alice thought for a moment and said "They call me Sarah, Most Alices do not use their Real Names outside of Gate-shifting..." Gate-shifting was a new term for Jessica and she was about to ask, but was hushed by the Alice, She then said "I'm not exactly sure what Gate-shifting is either, But I know a Gate-shifted Alice is one that is under a state of Demonic Rage... A form that whose presence scares all but the mightiest of Demons..." This took her back to that fateful day again...

Mayu walked out of class and started to look for her next class she looked around trying to see if she could find it on her own this time. She was walking down the hall when she ran in to soren in the hallway. She asked him did he know where her next class was . He shook his head no and then looked around to see if he could find anyone who would know when he saw a familer face. he grabed Mayu and brought her over to Aeklyn and asked, "can you help her get to her next class? plaese, I'll owe you big time." Mayu looked at the girl he had brought her to and shock his hand free of her wrist and said, " I don't want her to take me she ignored me eariler." Soren let out a massive sigh waiting on Aeklyn to answer .

"...Yeah?" Reimu muttered after a second, not really registering what he had to say. She heard it perfectly fine, but her head was still pretty focused on the dead bodies and trying not to freak out, which was somewhat unlike her. She didn't like dead things, fine, but she'd seen undead before. From a distance. Somewhat.

"That's nice," she muttered idly, getting up and trying to brush herself off, a rather blank expression on her face.

Okay, so she really hadn't faced undead before, aside from knowing that fire tended to kill them pretty dead. That was what kept her sleeping at night, honestly- Salamander could burn the face off of anything that could try and grab her. Didn't stop the undead from being creepy, though. She had a feeling she'd probably revisit this again in her nightmares, except Susanoo would be dead and rotting or something. And maybe the shower would be blood- or whatever, Reimu didn't claim to be very creative.

Salamander had shaped itself into a particularly big gun, though she couldn't really tell the type; it was comforting to hold, anyway.

"We should probably tell the headmaster," she said numbly, though her presence of mind was quickly returning itself. She wasn't about to let a phobia make her catatonic quite yet, "Thought she probably knows by now, I guess. Necromancer, eh."

She hugged Salamander close to her with one arm. "Well, if they're going around summoning things, I can probably see it with my Hunter's Eyes or something. Or not. I dunno."

Aeklyn glared at Mayu with a very displeased expression when she and Soren approached, She then looked at Soren and said [color=#800080]"I've actually forgotten the locations of many of the rooms of the first year hall, So I can't really help you there, Ask Sakura, Maybe she knows..."[/color] Aeklyn then shrugged when she took in the comment that Mayu had made and said in a smug tone [color=#800080]"Wow, What a rather picky little girl..."[/color] She then returned to Lien, waiting for her answer...

---

Jessica then looked at the Alice and then said [color=#0000CD]"Oh yeah, Maybe I should call the headmistress and report to her about what's going on... Sarah-Chan, I'll let you stay in my room for the time being..." [/color]Jessica used her cellphone to send three text messages to the Headmistress, if she had a cellphone that is, which said:

[spoiler='Text Messages to Marta']"Marta-Sensei, I have a few interesting things to report to you, and it's also the biggest reason why I asked you to take this project in front of Aeklyn, First off, There was a Zombie attack on the School, and Ashley-chan reported that a Little girl was being chased by a few. Which she pursued them without being seen, and doing so, found a cave that had symbols on it, When the girl entered, the symbols did nothing, but when the zombies tried to enter the cave... Lets say that they did not live to tell of it... What intrigued me was that the symbols were similar to what to the "recipe book" on the side of her gun reads... And what she let me see, She could sense a tail and a pair of wings on the girl..."

"Secondly, I went to retrieve my phone from that incident earlier and I found another little girl in that room, Crying, I immediately saw it's tail when I helped it up, and I could also sense wings on the girl, which screamed in my mind that it's an Alice, Thankfully, Having more than 1 Alice to work off would help my task a lot, especially explaining some behaviors that may or may not be unique to a specific Alice (Like the relative Distaste of being called a 'Demon' in front of others, Which actually caused the Incident with Ashley in the first place, I have quite a few of them to find out...), That Alice, and Any Alices that I find are staying in my room until I get Ashley's permission to move them into her house..."

"Back on the topic of that cave, I am Planning on going into that cave with Ashley after acquiring your permission and setting up an appointed time, Who knows? We could find that the cave leads into some ruins full of knowledge about Alices!

PS: a Fact about Alices, now that I think about it, I learned the hard way, as well as from conversing with Sarah (The Alice I was speaking to you about in the second Text Message), that Each Alice has two different Names, A cover name and a True Name, Alices do not like being referred to as their cover name when they do run rampant with Demonic rage (Like when Ashley turned during that incident, She did NOT like being called "Ashley", but rather "Aeklyn", which I assume was her true name) and I would have to assume that they would also not like it if people called them their true name outside of that form..."[/spoiler]

After Jessica Sent the Messages, She closed her cellphone and patted Sarah on the head...

"Yeah, a uh, Necromancer." Jin said as Reimu spoke about it. He couldn't help but feel at least a little upset. Reimu had barely paid attention to what he said, but that really wasn't too important given the current circumstances. He knew for a fact now that somebody in the school was after him. Still, that seemed impossible. Nobody knew who he was. Or did they?

Hadn't Marta given him a specific warning against using the Power of Darkness? When he saved Reimu, how many students and teachers had sensed his full power? He wasn't sure, but now he was silently kicking himself for being so free with his powers. [i]I've gotta learn to control this.[/i] he thought. As far as he was concerned, he was the one who attacked Reimu and Aeklyn.

"Professor Lemieux wanted to talk to me, so you should probably go talk to Marta on your own." He looked away, feeling lower than he ever had before. Reimu would probably be safer without him nearby anyways. Though neither of them had to go far to talk to Mar6ta, a few seconds later, she'd dropped in the dorm anyways. "Oh lord, this is a busy morning." she said to the group. "Jiin, I see you've activated Chaos Sight. About time too. Sooo, why not deactivate it?" Jin simply shook his head. "Believe me, I'd love to. But, I don't know how." Marta paced a few times, then looked at him with a smile resembling that of a text message kitty face. "Have you tried working with the darkness like an equal instead of it's master? That seemed to work for Masune."

This advice was, well, strange. How would that do anything to help? Still, by this point, he was open to just about anything. He focused hard on the task, using some of all his will power. He wasn't sure how, but he felt the energy that had been focused into his left eye dissipate and recede back to his soul. It was an odd feeling, but it worked. He smiled. "Finally. That was starting to bug me." Marta smiled back. "Right, now where's Sakura? I meant to talk to her."

Jessica seemed to have left now, but Jin wasn't entirely sure why. He was about to tell Marta this, but then something she'd said caught onto him. "Wait, you said Masune? You... you don't mean... Masune the Bloodreaver, do you?"

Masune the Bloodreaver was an alleged criminal, given a SSS threat rank, and had the largest bounty ever recorded in human history on his head. Exactly what all of his crimes were, well, there were too many to count. Jin's only recollection of his appearances were when he was about ten, and a news footage the old woman was watching devoted specificlly to him.

He was standing back to the camera, wearing a sleeveless shirt with a upped collar. His hair was brown and spiky. There was a large sword lying across his back, at least as large as his body. Overall he looked about 18 years old. It was his surroundings that scared him most. The city he was standing in was completely engulfed in flames. But not just regular flames. These were black, ferocious, and scary. He looked over his shoulder, looking directly into the camera, then disappeared.

Despite the fear that Masune the Bloodreaver's name was supposed to instill in people, for some reason, Jin felt safe at the mention of his name. Perhaps he was crazy. Or maybe, he felt a connection. If they both used the darkness, maybe that was normal.

-----

Lien nodded to Aeklyn. "Thank you for the offer Miss, um, what is your name?" It hadn't occurred to Lien before, but though she'd seen Jin and Aeklyn talking, she never knew her name, her relationship with Jin, or even how they knew each other. This made Lien feel somewhat uncomfortable, but if Jin trusted her, she should too.

There was also the other two students. Lien actually did know the whereabouts of Mayu's next class. "Um, the class you're looking for is straight down that hall. Room 496-H." The knew girl seemed to be joking, but Lien could be wrong. Besides, there was a chance her observation skills weren't too great. "You're a first year too? Well, if you'd like, we can talk later, but I need to find my brother at the moment."

Aeklyn then introduced herself to Lien, Saying [color=#800080]"Everyone just calls me Ashley, I'm a 3rd year student here..." [/color]Aeklyn took Lien's hand and shook it in a friendly manner as she said that, Then She gently started to lead Lien to her brother, if she wanted to follow that is...

---

Jessica then heard voices coming from the first year dorm, She immediately recognized the headmistress's Voice, and when she heard "Right, now where's Sakura? I meant to talk to her.", Jessica gathered up her findings and held her new potion in her hand as she went near the first year Dorm to prepare to meet up with Marta again, but before she could go in, She noticed that Sarah followed her and sighed, She entered the Dorm with Sarah following her, Sarah was trying to hide behind Jessica upon seeing others. Jessica then said [color=#0000CD]"Marta-Sensei? Are you looking for me?" [/color]She looked at Marta when she said that, but did not make Eye Contact with her...

Reimu was still slightly preoccupied by the idea of dead bodies rising to fight to her again, but she caught a particular name fairly quickly.

"Masune the Bloodreaver had the same powers as Jin does?" she asked, furrowing her brow. Even far from the cities, she'd heard of Masune and his crimes; her father, in particular, was rather insistent that she understand who he was and what he did. Still, despite his publicity and the wealth of information open to the public, there was precious little factual knowledge about Masune as a person.

Jin's power appeared relatively unique. That was obvious; after all, it seemed to be the reason that Lucifer got his rancor up. If Masune was similar in some way...

"Was Masune related to Jin's father?" she asked after a second, dusting herself off for the final time. Come to think of it, there had been mentions of Masune prior to this conversation, though she couldn't recall most of them offhand. Still, if Masune's power was a result of whatever Jin had, then Jin had the power to become very strong indeed. One again, she bit back the feelings of jealousy- while that sort of power would certainly be excellent, she had skills of her own she could rely on.

Archived