Astro Dude

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1342732201' post='5983129']
Link or gtfo
[/quote]

As you command, oh bossy one.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fat.nick.com%2FNibqeI&h=kAQGJ98qFAQGk7QbXEZyYsZ43SDzU24iAjd9QjEyylz8e4Q"]http://at.nick.com/NibqeI[/url]

Skip to 19:00 to see preview of season 2.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1342735772' post='5983192']
Korra and her speed hacks.
[/quote]

I hope the incorporate a time jump in the series, because if it is like a few days after she becomes a fully realized I will be pretty mad that she can enter the avatar state by choice.

@Renegade: Why be mad, who cares, I prefer watching the show not from the people in it, but actually because of the natural form of underestimating power she gains with the avatar state....I like the fact all the elements float around in a big power ball and can utilize it as in power.....And plus I liked Aang and want to know more about his adult hood, which we will probably be seeing more of him and the fact you are probably right in that she will have a long road ahead of here to get the avatar state accessed, probably meet the same people aang did in order to do it anyhow, there is a ritual aang followed and he pulled it off and she probably will have to do it anyhow, see how she likes banana and onion juice mixture....lol....oh well, hope they hurry up with the release date, I really want to see more....

[quote name='Skylie' timestamp='1342806747' post='5983846']
@Renegade: Why be mad, who cares, I prefer watching the show not from the people in it, but actually because of the natural form of underestimating power she gains with the avatar state....I like the fact all the elements float around in a big power ball and can utilize it as in power.....And plus I liked Aang and want to know more about his adult hood, which we will probably be seeing more of him and the fact you are probably right in that she will have a long road ahead of here to get the avatar state accessed, probably meet the same people aang did in order to do it anyhow, there is a ritual aang followed and he pulled it off and she probably will have to do it anyhow, see how she likes banana and onion juice mixture....lol....oh well, hope they hurry up with the release date, I really want to see more....
[/quote]

The closest I have come to finding a release date for the second season is 'under 2 years'...wow that was really helpful(lol).

I'd be mad because we have seen Aang battle for so long to master the elements and then the avatar state, so it would be really stupid if Korra could just master it all right off the bat. But, hopefully now that 4 seasons have been confirmed the writers will slow the pace down a bit.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1342810648' post='5983895']
No.
The only reason Aang COULDN'T master the avatar state, was because he gave it up for Katara.
If he HADN'T done that, he could go into the Avatar State at will. Fact.
[/quote]

True, but Korra will have to give up Mako and the way they ended the last season...

Which raises another question, if Aang married Katara(obviously he still loved her) does that mean he never truly unlocked the Avatar State?

The Avatar State also deals more with the spiritual side of the Avatar, which we all know Korra is pretty inept in connecting with. So even if she does end up giving up Mako wouldn't she still have a little trouble connecting?

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1342746408' post='5983448']
I hope the incorporate a time jump in the series, because if it is like a few days after she becomes a fully realized I will be pretty mad that she can enter the avatar state by choice.
[/quote]
The events in book 2 take place 6 months after 1.

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1342813380' post='5983936']
True, but Korra will have to give up Mako and the way they ended the last season...

Which raises another question, if Aang married Katara(obviously he still loved her) does that mean he never truly unlocked the Avatar State?

The Avatar State also deals more with the spiritual side of the Avatar, which we all know Korra is pretty inept in connecting with. So even if she does end up giving up Mako wouldn't she still have a little trouble connecting?
[/quote]
Well, we know the past 3 avatars have had kids, so I'm sure you can master the Avatar state and still love someone.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1342824416' post='5984098']
Well, we know the past 3 avatars have had kids, so I'm sure you can master the Avatar state and still love someone.
[/quote]

So that stupid guru stressed Aang our for nothing...and you know nearly got him killed...

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1342825242' post='5984109']
So that stupid guru stressed Aang our for nothing...and you know nearly got him killed...
[/quote]
No, Aang over reacted. He said he need to learn how to let go of worldly attachment. He never said anything about actually giving them up. Being able to let go and actually letting go are 2 very different things.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1342828602' post='5984183']
No, Aang over reacted. He said he need to learn how to let go of worldly attachment. He never said anything about actually giving them up. Being able to let go and actually letting go are 2 very different things.
[/quote]

I don't know, IIRC he did say "let those attachments flow down the creek, [b]forgotten[/b]."

The Air Avatar before Aang stated "many great airbenders have detached themselves from the Earth, but the Avatar cannot, for their duty is to the Earth."

I get the impression that the Chakra-clearing method mentioned by Pathik is how many airbenders detached themselves from the earth and gained great knowledge and power and figured that such a thing would also unlock the avatar state, without accounting for that the Avatar can't deatch themselves from the earth.
I feel like the power to fully access the Avatar State at will (or at last at a slightly threatening hair trigger) is probably much more reliant on spirit.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1342829100' post='5984197']
I don't know, IIRC he did say "let those attachments flow down the creek, [b]forgotten[/b]."

The Air Avatar before Aang stated "many great airbenders have detached themselves from the Earth, but the Avatar cannot, for their duty is to the Earth."

I get the impression that the Chakra-clearing method mentioned by Pathik is how many airbenders detached themselves from the earth and gained great knowledge and power and figured that such a thing would also unlock the avatar state, without accounting for that the Avatar can't deatch themselves from the earth.
I feel like the power to fully access the Avatar State at will (or at last at a slightly threatening hair trigger) is probably much more reliant on spirit.
[/quote]
Um.....that is true.

And yea, it would make more sense that it was an Airbenders way to learn how to enter and exist the Avatar state at will.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1342810648' post='5983895']
No.
The only reason Aang COULDN'T master the avatar state, was because he gave it up for Katara.
If he HADN'T done that, he could go into the Avatar State at will. Fact.
[/quote]

But you do realize he had to go through all his chakra's and that's the only one he couldn't pass, so I'm wondering if Korra will even be able to pass the first 2, she had problems entering the spirit world, so she'll probably have more problems, then again who knows. I'm hoping they do make her go see the guru, yet they don't want to repeat the past episodes, so they might have her go to someone related to that guru. I wouldn't know...

Under 2 years, geez, time to find a new anime to watch....

Archived