KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

I don't think it's entirely out of the question though. He'd be the right age, their parents were cut down by a firebender, he got faceraeped by a firebender. It's possible.

It would also explain why we haven't seen any flashbacks/pictures of their parents yet.

Although I guess they would recognize his voice, which kind of ruins my theory.

Um.

THE CABBAGE GUY! HE'S AMON!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1340249469' post='5960178']
Okay, so I just read that Kyoshi lived to be 230. How the hell does that work?[/quote]
People tended to live ridiculously long amounts of time in this universe. Bumi is used as a pretty clear example, though 200+ is pretty rare for the universe. IMO they killed people off due to old age relatively early over the time gap(by the universe's prior aging standards) to make it more relatable to modern day and get older characters out of the way.

[quote]Also, as per the heredity thing, the first benders just learned it from copying animals, so I'm entirely convinced.
[/quote]
AFIR each bending was originally performed by an animal, with the exception of waterbending. Badgermoles, dragons, air bison, and the moon.

A weird reveal might be that everybody has the potential to bend. Amon is more than likely stealing peoples' bending/energy after all; energybending might involve, in addition to sealing and stealing bending, the ability to empower another. Things like metalbending and lightningbending became more accessible as they spread as a culture, so culture may be the major reason for nationalities having different bending styles.

No, the forms of bending (so the martial arts aspect) was developed by studying nature (I guess a lot like how we have tiger style and mantis style and stuff in Shaolin). The actual ability to manipulate the elements with these actions is genetic (or at least we have been led to believe that so far).

If everyone had the physical ability to bend, everyone in ATLA would have been a bender. Bending soldiers are so much more effective than non-bending soldiers. You don't just skip that kind of training during war if it is available to you.

[quote name='Vairocana' timestamp='1340322638' post='5960598']
No, the forms of bending (so the martial arts aspect) was developed by studying nature (I guess a lot like how we have tiger style and mantis style and stuff in Shaolin). The actual ability to manipulate the elements with these actions is genetic (or at least we have been led to believe that so far).

If everyone had the physical ability to bend, everyone in ATLA would have been a bender. Bending soldiers are so much more effective than non-bending soldiers. You don't just skip that kind of training during war if it is available to you.
[/quote]
...Nature being the animals and the moon. The origin of earthbending is flat-out stated to have been when Oma and Shu studied the badgermoles in the series. It seems like a lorehole to have them learn from studying animals then for it to become genetic, because that theory of reproductive traits is pretty dated.

My point was that it would be latent in others, but given recent developments regarding whether he was using energybending to siphon powers or not the point is moot.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1340464704' post='5961437']
Da fuq!?!?

[spoilers]

Tarrlok is Amon's brother!?!?!? What a wham! Also, Amon [i]is a waterbender (and bloodbender)[/i].
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
They're both chumbenders now.

Not sure how I feel about the Amon reveal. I guess that would be the best way to explain it, but idk. Still, the ending was great.
[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1340480587' post='5961544']
Am I the only one who thought the ending was a blatant Deus Ex Machina? Aside from that, the finale was pretty damn awesome.
[/quote]
Not really. She is the avatar after all.

And yea, really want to know what will happen in the next season. The possibilities are limitless.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1340485161' post='5961564']
Not sure how I feel about the Amon reveal. I guess that would be the best way to explain it, but idk. Still, the ending was great.

[/quote]
I know how you feal. I was really hoping that Amon's reveal would be so much... better! I'm not sure how I feal about it and who he is.

Yeah, I don't think many people were expecting Amon to be Tarlok's brother. I think it's better that they make it someone nobody could have expected.
And I think Tarlok's final scene was about the best atonement he could have done.

As for the whole Dues Ex Machina thing, I don't think it was. I mean, if it's just bloodbendind that gets rid of your bending, surely you still have it somewhere, and considering she has the spirit of all the Avatars prior, I think it's perfectly acceptable that she got her bending back from them.

I would like to say one thing though... Even if Amon had gotten to taking away Tenzin and the kids airbending... The world would not be rid of it. The baby is an airbender, remember?

Reading the internet I find it humorous that some people complain that LoK was too rushed compared to the original, not taking into account the episode difference.

It would've been awesome had Iroh breathed fire like his namesake.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1340489475' post='5961583']
Reading the internet I find it humorous that some people complain that LoK was too rushed compared to the original, not taking into account the episode difference.

It would've been awesome had Iroh breathed fire like his namesake.
[/quote]
I doubt breathing fire would be a hasstle for someone like him. Or Mako.

It was fitting, but they honestly felt that they could have lead a happier and more fulfilling life now that they are together. I guess they wanted to be together in death, for atonement and spirituality. Needless to say, I felt like crying.

Though, how in the wazoo did Nick allow that scene to happen? The viewers have seen Tarrlok's last moments [i]through his eyes[/i]. His sight looked jaded, yet focused, as he was about to do something that wasn't an easy thing to do. Even before the scene in Episode 11, he looks like he wanted to die. Yeah...what could be more pleasant for a children's show than A FRUCKING DESIRE TO DIE AND COMMITING MURDER SUICIDE AFTERWARDS?!?!?

And that just happened to be the extra duty stitching on the bag of doubts that this show was never meant for kids to watch.

Archived