KORRA HAS ARRIVED!

Astro Dude

The Lieutenant had a nice grin when he took down the counsel member and seemed like an honorable guy; I'm wondering if Amon killed him there or only KO'd him.

Tarrlok's supposedly fast change in character wasn't much of one once you learn his past.

[quote name='Vairocana' timestamp='1340597225' post='5962201']
Geeze, Korra's a terrible Avatar. Aang saved the world at 12, Korra can't even win a pro-bending bowl.
[/quote]
THEY CHEATED

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='~Coolio~' timestamp='1340602989' post='5962243']
Tarrlok's supposedly fast change in character wasn't much of one once you learn his past.
[/quote]
That is one of my personal problem with the ending since how do you go from
-Kid hate bloodbending and doesn't like his dad.
to
-Adult uses bloodbening to make up for his father's failure.

I'm more depressed that they had to end it there. They were getting great ratings for this show (I assume), why didn't they make more seasons where Korra has to regain her bending abilities through some mystic journey?

Oh, also, I saw the planes coming.

[url="http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/336/233/428.jpg"]The real reason the finale ended the way it did...[/url]

[url=http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/335/415/dac.jpg]All in all, I liked the ending.[/url]

I assumed that Aang's sudden appearance would be to tell Korra that she had to rediscover her abilities and unlock the other elements. We'd get a cool season where Korra would echo the journey of the other Avatars and in doing so fully explore the spiritual nature of each element, bringing balance to her extremely physical and emotionally unrestrained character -- the culmination of the series being when she finally entered the Avatar state and became a fully realized Avatar. But nope, everything had to be tied up in a neat little package that -- while it tugged at me emotionally -- disappointed me overall.

That said, for all the little disappointments, it's still a great show, one that I'm happy exists. There were a lot of wonderful moments and the scene with General Iroh II left me cheering. I feel we have a lot to look forward to as viewers and I hope that like the original series, LOK merely gets better and better as the show goes on. Wished they changed the ending after nickelodeon renewed the show for a second season..

Can next season feature a s*** ton of Uncle Bumi? Because I like him already!!
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/dkU6J.gif[/img][/center]

[quote]And here's another thought:
What has defeating Amon accomplished, exactly? Sure, they've set the equalist movement back, possibly beyond recovery, but it doesn't change the fact that [i]strong anti-bender sentiments still exist[/i]. You still have quite a sizable percentage of the population of Republic City that resent Benders. Stopping Amon hasn't fixed the problem, only the surface symptoms.[/quote]
This is honestly where I believe the show dropped the ball in the worst possible way. Four out of five councilmen voted for a curfew for non-benders and arrests without due process. Amon was absolutely right about benders oppressing non-benders.

[quote]I don't think any amount of logic would have worked on the Lieutenant though. You can extol the virtues of bending and how it will help the cause all day, at the end of the day, your boss is still a dirty lying bender who has betrayed and destroyed your cause simply by existing.[/quote]
The thing that bugs me about Amon is why did he feel he had to lie at all? If he had just told the truth from the very beginning he probably would still be around. His mask would be used to hide his identity, because showing his face when he unbends people would make him a target for being arrested. Just because Amon/Noatok was a jackass doesn't mean he wasn't correct.

And now for something completely different. Five or so random scenes I wish we got to see:

1) I wish in one of the many scenes where Korra is bitching about losing her bending, Asami or Pema show up (because they've been eavesdropping) and say "You know... not being able to bend isn't the end of the world." It would have been a bit of a wake-up call to the main cast to stop being such jugheads and to find inner strength. Amon can take away your bending but he can't take away your will to fight.

2) Korra going into the Avatar State just a little bit earlier and completely wrecking a building, possibly killing the Liuetenant, tearing through Republic City like tissue paper. After this, Amon goes "See! I was right!" and anti-bending sentiment reaches an all time high. The reason Amon didn't take away Korra's bending in Voice in the Night was because he was trying to goad her into the Avatar State to prove his point.

3) Bolin actually doing what his biography said. He was described as a guy who could always be seen "with a smile on his face and a lady on his arm" yet we never see anything remotely resembling this. Maybe if we saw more of Bolin surrounded by ladies it would have developed his character a bit. He has so many choices... but yet he chooses Korra.

4) A group of non-benders who disagree with Amon. Like... after the Avatar falls, all the people he unbent or a bunch of random non-benders with mops and brooms surround Amon. We get a little bit of that when Tarrlok shuts down the electricity in Dragon Flats but I wanted to see more of that.

5) After the first episode (just the first episode) was leaked, a lot of people really liked two main scenes. The megaphone guy saying Korra and benders were oppressing her and her response "You're oppressing yourselves!" as well as her and Lin's non-verbal exchange where Lin does the "I'm watching you" motion and Korra mimics her and Lin's all like "WTF?". That whole thing about Korra not understanding basic human communication (because she lived a super sheltered life since she was 4) and responding in some stupid nonsensical "nou" way was charming, endearing, and hilarious to me. I wish she had done more of that.

Tahno: "You're going down Uh-vatar."
Korra: "You're the Avatar, not me!"

Tenzin: "Korra, you must learn patience if you're ever going to master airbending."
Korra: "You're gonna master airbending!"

Super secret bonus!:

[url=http://i.imgur.com/zznmK.png]SkoochyxJinora! <3[/url]

I want to see more of Bumi and Kya in season 2 actually.

I think that, despite Bumi being a non-bender, he makes up for with a mastery of fighting styles and trick weapons, filling the prankster character he is.

I believe that Kya is meditating in the Air Temples (She could be very spiritual for a Waterbender because she was raised by an Airbender Avatar). She also would have access to some incredibly powerful Waterbending.

[i]1) I wish in one of the many scenes where Korra is bitching about losing her bending, Asami or Pema show up (because they've been eavesdropping) and say "You know... not being able to bend isn't the end of the world." It would have been a bit of a wake-up call to the main cast to stop being such jugheads and to find inner strength. Amon can take away your bending but he can't take away your will to fight.[/i]

Oh my god [i]yes[/i]. One of the reasons I was really bummed out that Lin got her bending back. She's tough, but I wanted to see her reach down when all the cards are down and there doesn't seem to be any hope left. I wanted to see her overcome the supposed handicap of not being able to bend anymore. But yeah, just in general the show seemed to treat bending as the end-all can't-live-without thing. The ball was definitely dropped in futher exploring the idea of bending prejudice past "I'm the bad guy and I don't like benders!"

And while I really like Dante Basco. after the initial excitement of Zuko-voice, I can objectively say that for me, him returning as Irohn-man was a mistake.

Well this feels a little awkward to be commenting here right after the season finale, I feel as if I am a little slow on the uptake...

Anyway...

Even with Amon dead, as been pointed out earlier, the revolution obviously still has the ability to continue. Although, with Amon gone the revolution has to find a way to compensate for the lack of 'fear power' that they have lost. Without someone that is able to take away bending, non-benders can only hope for equal rights, which is what they should have been going for in the first place instead of trying to start an all out war.

So for things I would like to see or wish I would've seen:

Next season I am really hoping to see more of the bending gangs. Obviously the gangs will need to have new leaders seeing as Amon had taken most, if not all, of them out.

I am sure I am not alone in this next wish, next season I want to see some more pro-bending. I mean I know it is silly to be playing a sport during a revolution, but come one, pro-bending is SO AWESOME!

I wish there would have been more non-benders against the Equalists, like Asami. Speaking of Asami, I am thinking her and General Iroh will be getting together in the second season.

Obviously I wish they would have taken a little more time on having Korra's bending returned to her. I mean she was without for like a half a day, and then she cries a few tears and connects with her past lives, regaining her bending and becoming a full fledged Avatar. I could go on and on about this, but seeing as I am pretty sure that this upset just about everybody I will leave it as is.

Favorite Quotes of the Season:

Jinora: "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend,"

Meelo: "Yeah, you're a terrible teacher daddy. *insert childish fighting screams and noises*"

Mako: "Oh you're still here?"
Korra: "Oh you're still a jerk?"
(Couldn't they have kept this up for a little longer instead of jumping into the romance?)

...I felt I have said enough for now...lol...and have problem achieved saying something stupid in this long post as well...

I think Jinora is going to master Airbending by learning the subskill of Airbending (The most likely is Gravitybending). After all, we haven't seen Airbending's true subskill yet (Fartbending is hilarious, but it is just focused air concentrated from internal gasses).

I'm with Renegade with how there should be more Pro-Bending. Seriously, those were awesome matches. Also, Korra restores Tahno and his team's bending on the condition that they will play fairly, so we could see a fair rematch.

Also, Asami takes Future Industries from her father and becomes a couple with Bolin (Cue the controversy) only because they seem sweet with each other and their love interests have chosen each other.

Bolin becomes Lin's prodigy in Earthbending and he learns Metalbending AND the Seismic Sense from her (In addition to still remaining on the Pro-Bending team).

Pabu [s]begins his romatic relationship with Naga[/s] is still cute and becomes the closest thing Asami gets for a child.

Korra visits the Spirit World more often and we finally learn the name of the unnamed Firebending Avatar.

This is my wishlist for Season 2.

I don't think Asami and Bolin will be getting together. I mean Asami breaks up with Mako to date his less appealing, goofy, younger brother? That would just be a relationship meant to spite Mako. Asami inheriting her father's company is a must.

And yes, I am very eager to see Airbending's subskill.

Water bending has, ice, blood, and then as shown by the Swamp Benders they can even control plants! (to some degree)
Fire has lightning.
Earth has metal and the added ability of Seismic Sense.
Poor Airbending is all alone...

Katara can only bloodbend during the full moon, which is why I'm assuming she could not heal Korra (since bloodbenders seem to have a complete knowledge of how the human brain works, the full moon should be the only problem. Yes, I'm still bitter about the whole energybending/bloodbending thing).

You guys forgot Sandbending as yet another subset of Earthbending.

It's not surprising we haven't seen a subset of Airbending manifest yet, when there are never more than 5 Airbenders in existance at any given time, it's not exactly conducive to developing new styles.

Archived