Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

That's.... Actually pretty well made and decently edited. Waaay above my expectations.

Anyway~

I have a metric ton of meta-level extra deck cards made public on DP, it would be fun if those get publicity.

Thanks! :) Feel free to let your imagination run wild and send in the story and cards. I use a voice program for now since I don't have a decent mic and cannot do it myself. So, I'll send you the sound file and let you listen before hand to tell me if you're okay with the final story, to make sure the name is being said correctly etc.

Just a suggestion, but for the whole archetype thingy, 10 cards is a lot, really. Usually, for an archetype to be created with a minimal number of filler cards/cards that won't be ran because they suck, the duelists should really aim for 5-7 cards.

EDIT: As for the video, it seemed pretty interesting enough. The only problems that I had with it are that the card's effect is unreadable from the video, and the voice pronounces duel in such a weird way.

Is 10 a lot? Hm.. Then does 5 cards sound like a reasonable enough number? I'm open to suggestions. As for the voice, it's because I use a voice program so it pronounces some words a bit weird. I don't have a new mic yet but, if anyone with a good mic and announcer voice is willing to read the stories for the videos that would be awesome! :) And try looking at the video in full screen HD, the text will be clear, though I will put the card info at the bottom area for those who cannot get HD.

ok, i think there is a problem, the

duelportal.is.am doesn't connect at all

Is your Duel Portal up to date? What version does it say when you try to login? If it isn't up to date you may have to clear your cache and try again.

Note: The most recent I believe is 4.04.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I should add that I'm going to do weekly archetype spotlights, post the videos on youtube and of course to facebook so that anyone can follow or know that your archetype exist. The requires for this is:

1. Archetype must have enough cards to make a large portion of a complete deck, so 5 cards minimum.

2. All cards in the archetype must have pictures.

3. I'd like for you to give me a story about the cards, you know such as why are they what their called. Like if I made an archetype known as dark stalkers, I'd give a small story, "Dark stalkers were once a part of a glorious kingdom until the fire nation attacked blah blah lol" just a small example you know? I'd like at least a few lines.

4. I'm pretty sure I don't have to say this part but, make sure that it is your archetype your submitting.

5. It MUST be made available and accessible to the public on Duel Portal, or else what is the point of making it known?

6. Private Message(PM) me the list of cards with the imgur link next to it that you get at the bottom in the card maker, the story, and your Duel Portal name so you may be given credit.

7. The set must not be completely and utterly broken(by this I mean no "Summon this card and nuke the field then it gains 2 billion attack), you must fix grammatical errors in the card if found(it must at least be readable and understandable as though a real card would be).

I know the rules may seem like a lot but we're here to better our card making abilities while having fun doing so. To create, share, and play with one another. So if any of you are interested just send me a message with the requirements, and if you have any questions just PM me or post them here with an @Twaon.

Once I get a get a further handle on my Railroading Set (which is when I'll be making it public), I'll shoot you a message for consideration.

Once I get a get a further handle on my Railroading Set (which is when I'll be making it public), I'll shoot you a message for consideration.

Sure thing, don't be afraid to send it in once you're comfortable with it! I look forward to seeing your complete work! :)

I've started making some of my cards Public, but I've been getting messages on a few that I can't edit them because I am not the original owner, some saying they are Read-Only.

I've had this problem as well. It's best to make the card public right off the back. If anything for now you may just have to remake the cards to make them public. Or just relog and try to edit them once more. Though this type of stuff is more in Sea's field.

By the way guys, would you like a teamspeak 3 server? If enough people say that they will use it, I will be willing to put up my teamspeak 3 server. Teamspeak 3 is basically a program that allows voice to voice interactions kind of like Ventrillo if you guys know what that is. It takes up very little space and works wonderfully. Also, it may be easier to communicate with the actual person you're dueling to get points across faster or explain things. Or to just plain talk about card creation of that sort. The server will be basically 24/7 so that anyone could join at any time. So what are your guys thought?

Link To Teamspeak: http://teamspeak.com/

ok, i think there is a problem, the

duelportal.is.am doesn't connect at all

Oops, forgot to mention, the site moved to http://duelportal.us

I've started making some of my cards Public, but I've been getting messages on a few that I can't edit them because I am not the original owner, some saying they are Read-Only.

Hmm, I'll look into it.

This is just for those who missed it on the last page.

Also I should add that I'm going to do weekly archetype spotlights, post the videos on youtube and of course to facebook so that anyone can follow or know that your archetype exist. The requires for this is:

1. Archetype must have enough cards to make a large portion of a complete deck, so 5 cards minimum.

2. All cards in the archetype must have pictures.

3. I'd like for you to give me a story about the cards, you know such as why are they what their called. Like if I made an archetype known as dark stalkers, I'd give a small story, "Dark stalkers were once a part of a glorious kingdom until the fire nation attacked blah blah lol" just a small example you know? I'd like at least a few lines.

4. I'm pretty sure I don't have to say this part but, make sure that it is your archetype your submitting.

5. It MUST be made available and accessible to the public on Duel Portal, or else what is the point of making it known?

6. Private Message(PM) me the list of cards with the imgur link next to it that you get at the bottom in the card maker, the story, and your Duel Portal name so you may be given credit.

7. The set must not be completely and utterly broken(by this I mean no "Summon this card and nuke the field then it gains 2 billion attack), you must fix grammatical errors in the card if found(it must at least be readable and understandable as though a real card would be).

I know the rules may seem like a lot but we're here to better our card making abilities while having fun doing so. To create, share, and play with one another. So if any of you are interested just send me a message with the requirements, and if you have any questions just PM me or post them here with an @Twaon.

1st Card Spotlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94TP_FO0lYc

Hey guys, finally got the first video up. Though I plan to do full archetype spotlights, I thought single card spotlights wouldn't be so bad either long as they don't belong to a specific archetype. So, don't be afraid to send in your story and card so that it can be featured. I'd also like to point out that I'm not a professional video editor of any sorts and with that being said, if you have video editing experience and wish to help out feel free to PM me.

I know that this message will probably be buried underneath many others before I can get my message across, but can you people PLEASE stop putting real cards in weird Sets that aren't the KONAMI Set? Staples would also be acceptable, but only for cards that are, in fact, staples of the time. Speaking of which, that Set needs a major update. If you want to play with cards from the anime, then make sure ALL of those cards are in the Anime Set. The Sets right now are a mess

Furthermore, can you people also keep a limit on how many Sets you make public? For example, there are three Sets that I think are from Chaos Knux, and all three of them have only 2-3 of his retarded cards in them. If you are reading this and those Sets are all yours, merge them. It makes things much smoother when we don't have multitudes of 3-card Sets all over the place. You can just name a Set after yourself and put your cards in there, like how I've put a few of mine in the TORPY Set.

I've tried to move some of the real cards from weird Sets to the KONAMI Set, and have succeeded somewhat. For some strange reason, there are cards out there that don't seem to move out of their Set despite me changing what Set they belong to. Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is one of them. Despite me changing its Set to KONAMI, the LCJW Set still exists with it in there. There's also two in the REAL Set. Then there are the ones in the unnamed Set, a Set which I can't search in the Deck Editor like the other Sets. I'll try to get the real cards out of there right now, but I'm sure that I won't get them all.

Seriously. If Sets continue to be in such a deplorable state, I might have to suggest that we separate real cards from custom public cards. It's not really a bad idea to do so though.

Edit: Oooh, I know! How about a Sub-set thingy? Like I could click on my own TORPY Set, and be able to sort between TORPY-PHOE for Phoenexuses or TORPY-CRSO for Crusolars or TORPY-GEN for the remaining cards?

Edit 2: Done with the real cards in the nameless Set. Again, there might be a few stragglers out there.

So I decided that I will try to release 2 single card spotlights a week and 1 archetype spotlight a week. The schedule will be:

Single Card Spotlight - Monday

Single Card Spotlight - Wednesday

Archetype Spotlight - Friday

I'm already working on some right now but this schedule will NOT start until next week. So with that being said, be sure to send in your cards and their stories. If you need the details on what to submit check out Duel Portal Central facebook page or scroll up to see my other post.

Edit: Also, anyone with a good microphone/speaking voice that can speak clear English that is interested in being the voice for the Spotlight videos, PM me and let me know. Could really use someone in this department. I could also use people who can draw and color in drawings, and people who know their "Card Grammar" and regular grammar well (Ex. ATK instead of attack or banish instead of removed from play etc etc.), and a good video editor. Um just PM me if you're interested or you have anything you wish to contribute.

P.S: I'm looking for a group of people preferably 9 people(will be 10 total including myself), to make ALL the yugioh cards with their organized sets. There are 12,404 regular yugioh cards so by that logic, the ten will be given around 1240 each to do.

10 per day - ~124 days to complete (A bit more than Four Months)

20 per day - ~62 days to complete (Two Months for the most case)

30 per day - ~41 days to complete (Around One Month and Two Weeks)

40 per day - ~31 days to complete (One Month for the most case)

50 per day - ~24 days to complete (A bit less than 1 month)

So if you're interested just let me know. Also note that we will not actually start to do so until the following:

1. Make sure with Sea that there will be enough space to hold that amount of cards without hurting the performance of duel portal.

2. Banned(0)/Limited(1)/Semi-Limited(2)/Unlimted(3) feature is added so everything can be organized and right from the get go.

By the way guys, would you like a teamspeak 3 server? If enough people say that they will use it, I will be willing to put up my teamspeak 3 server. Teamspeak 3 is basically a program that allows voice to voice interactions kind of like Ventrillo if you guys know what that is. It takes up very little space and works wonderfully. Also, it may be easier to communicate with the actual person you're dueling to get points across faster or explain things. Or to just plain talk about card creation of that sort. The server will be basically 24/7 so that anyone could join at any time. So what are your guys thought?

Link To Teamspeak: http://teamspeak.com/

Have never used teamspeak so I can't comment on it specifically, but I agree that having a dedicated voicechat server for this site would definitely help in streamlining gameplay at the very least.

I know that this message will probably be buried underneath many others before I can get my message across, but can you people PLEASE stop putting real cards in weird Sets that aren't the KONAMI Set? Staples would also be acceptable, but only for cards that are, in fact, staples of the time. Speaking of which, that Set needs a major update. If you want to play with cards from the anime, then make sure ALL of those cards are in the Anime Set. The Sets right now are a mess

Furthermore, can you people also keep a limit on how many Sets you make public? For example, there are three Sets that I think are from Chaos Knux, and all three of them have only 2-3 of his retarded cards in them. If you are reading this and those Sets are all yours, merge them. It makes things much smoother when we don't have multitudes of 3-card Sets all over the place. You can just name a Set after yourself and put your cards in there, like how I've put a few of mine in the TORPY Set.

I've tried to move some of the real cards from weird Sets to the KONAMI Set, and have succeeded somewhat. For some strange reason, there are cards out there that don't seem to move out of their Set despite me changing what Set they belong to. Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon is one of them. Despite me changing its Set to KONAMI, the LCJW Set still exists with it in there. There's also two in the REAL Set. Then there are the ones in the unnamed Set, a Set which I can't search in the Deck Editor like the other Sets. I'll try to get the real cards out of there right now, but I'm sure that I won't get them all.

Seriously. If Sets continue to be in such a deplorable state, I might have to suggest that we separate real cards from custom public cards. It's not really a bad idea to do so though.

Edit: Oooh, I know! How about a Sub-set thingy? Like I could click on my own TORPY Set, and be able to sort between TORPY-PHOE for Phoenexuses or TORPY-CRSO for Crusolars or TORPY-GEN for the remaining cards?

Edit 2: Done with the real cards in the nameless Set. Again, there might be a few stragglers out there.

I feel for ya.

P.S: I'm looking for a group of people preferably 9 people(will be 10 total including myself), to make ALL the yugioh cards with their organized sets. There are 12,404 regular yugioh cards so by that logic, the ten will be given around 1240 each to do.

Sorry that's just not possible, there are 807 public cards and those take long enough to load. 12,404 would increase the wait time substantially :(

Hey, I wonder: Can Sea make some people have modularization powers on DP? If it's been done am sorry I was late. 

Ain, Toyo and Twaon can edit the card database.

What kind of mod powers are you talking about?

@Sea what would be required to hold that much information efficiently without slowing down the site itself? PM me about it if it's about a monetary amount.

It's not monetary, it's technical. Loading that many cards everytime someone logs in, I just don't see a way around it.

Archived