Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I noticed the format for cards is similar to YVD's format. I would like to volunteer to write a parser that would take the a YVD card data file and put it in DP format so that someone can manage all the official cards. Thus we can have all the staples & real game cards in 1 place without any missing.

I take it back, there are enough staples already.

I uploaded "Field-Commander Rahz" (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Field-Commander_Rahz) as a public card for everyone's use under the set "KONAMI", but I made him DARK by mistake when he should be EARTH, is there a way to fix this?

edit: and I also did that with photon thrasher which should be LIGHT in the same set...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Photon_Thrasher

I think everyone should have access to editing the cards so we can fix those mistakes by ourselves. I mean, it's not like we will troll each other by editing either official or custom cards. And if someone does, then perhaps some sort of change log could be implemented so everyone will see the user responsible.

I think everyone should have access to editing the cards so we can fix those mistakes by ourselves. I mean, it's not like we will troll each other by editing either official or custom cards. And if someone does, then perhaps some sort of change log could be implemented so everyone will see the user responsible.

Fair enough. I'll get working on it.

Question: I've submitted my archtype, Possessed monsters, but while I was searching for cards that have synergy with them, I never found them. Examples: Armageddon Knight, Dark Grepher Knight, Dark Creator, which are pretty common cards. Is there any problems if I upload them myself? If this information is on the thread, sorry, I cant read all of the 84 pages.

Question: I've submitted my archtype, Possessed monsters, but while I was searching for cards that have synergy with them, I never found them. Examples: Armageddon Knight, Dark Grepher Knight, Dark Creator, which are pretty common cards. Is there any problems if I upload them myself? If this information is on the thread, sorry, I cant read all of the 84 pages.

Uploading real cards such as Armageddon Knight and so on are perfectly fine.

For everyone not getting their verification email, first check if it's in your Junk mail.

If not, I am happy to PM you the verification. (A new mailing system will be implemented soon)

Since glitches sometimes make it difficult to determine what card is where, it sometimes becomes impossible to tell how many, if any, cards are in your opponent's hand. Perhaps there can be an actual number at the top of the screen to indicate how many there are in the hand, like with the Deck?

Does the "Refresh Graphics" button not work?

Website in the OP is presently redirecting me to spammy, unsavory sites. Is there a new URL?

Guess my domain expired.... the link Snatch Steal gave you works.

Also, how long do verification emails normally take to send? My friend wants to know.

They can take up to 10 minutes, as far as I've tested.

I'm having real trouble, not by trying to log in, but in playing the game. When I try to log in it will let me, then force me to go to my profile, and from there there is nothing to do but change my profile. Help?

Sometimes when you load the page you won't see the tabs at the top. Just refresh it until you do.

accidentally submitted 2 'zoma the spirit' cards so i could use it in my deck. one of them is public, but neither can be edited or deleted. I can't do anything with them. What do.

This is a bug, where a public and private card share the same name. 

For now, i'll delete the private one for you.

I think that pretty much only works for the field. I haven't noticed it altering how many cards I see in the opponent's hand, so I don't think it does anything to it. And even when it does work, the one card in the opponent's hand that is over the Deck is kinda easy to miss when counting how many cards there are, though I suppose that can be fixed by moving the card that would normally be there over. Still, I'd like there to be an actual number.

Also, other DP users, when you're uploading cards and making them public, can you guys please add pictures to them? It's annoying when I have to Summon a Shark Knight with a blank image. Or Lavalval Chain. Or Gorz. And so on.

[spoiler=Don't know how to do that?]

Bring up the Duel Portal tab, and then go to the Submit section after logging in. If you don't know how to get there, look at the top of the following picture for a blue rectangle surrounding the word Submit. If you don't know how to get to Duel Portal, then uh... yeah...

97r9eq.png

Then, see that button saying "Edit Existing Card" near the top left corner (to the left of the card's name)? Click it, and go to your card.

21bqjxc.png

After reaching this stage, there are two ways to proceed. The first requires that you have access to the link of the card's art, while the second one doesn't.

[spoiler=First Way]

You must get the link of the card's art to use this method. First, get it. You can go to the cardmaker, to the site you got it from, or wherever.

2csie14.png

And then paste it in the URL bar for the Add/Edit Image screen.vrrhhc.png

After you hit "Add New Image" (it's right beside the url you put in, just to the left), a small picture should appear above that button. That is what your card should look like when played. It should have the correct frame, correct image, and even text (but that's too small to read).

igi8oz.png

Now, you can click that "Public" box and finish editing. In the case of certain monster types (especially Synchros and Xyzs, but be wary nonetheless) the box will uncheck itself for no reason when you're editing the card, so make sure that the information hasn't changed.

[spoiler=Second Way]If you do not have access to the card's art by itself, you can use this method to grant your card an image. First, upload your card and then go to the edit screen for the same card.

2co353q.png

Then, switch back to the Duel Portal tab, and paste the link into the bar for the Add/Edit Image button.

rc25x0.png

Finally, you should have what you wanted:

2cnz0r6.png

Check the "Public" box, make sure that the site did not uncheck any other boxes, and go to town.

For everyone not getting their verification email, first check if it's in your Junk mail.

If not, I am happy to PM you the verification. (A new mailing system will be implemented soon)

Guess my domain expired.... the link Snatch Steal gave you works.

They can take up to 10 minutes, as far as I've tested.

Sometimes when you load the page you won't see the tabs at the top. Just refresh it until you do.

This is a bug, where a public and private card share the same name. 

For now, i'll delete the private one for you.

Well, I mean. I kind of wanted it Private, so I could upload the art. But OK.

What can I do if the verification e-mail didn't send I have tried lots of differant things, soorry if this has already been solved, my browser isn't really working correctly, so I can't check.

The email system hasn't been working 100% lately. I'll PM you your verification.

Archived