Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

You can't access other peoples cards unless they "share" them with you. The reasons for this is 1) Sometime people don't want others to use their cards. 2) Originally all cards were one a single database and Duel Portal had to be downloaded with this database. It got incredibly big which meant Duel Portal took a very long time to load and in general slowed down the program.

I don't mind sharing any of my cards, although most of them aren't even good to be honest.

What I mean is, if I wanted already existing cards in my deck like Monster Reborn/Dark Magician/Mirror Force ect. , Would I have to create all those cards myself or is there something to click on in deck edit that allows me to add those cards? I can't see anything there

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I mean is, if I wanted already existing cards in my deck like Monster Reborn/Dark Magician/Mirror Force ect. , Would I have to create all those cards myself or is there something to click on in deck edit that allows me to add those cards? I can't see anything there

Yeah those cards aren't on the database my default but users of the site created a small selection of "staples" that are used in most decks.

Some cards that aren't often used (like dark magician) aren't included in the set so you would have to upload them yourself. It's a time consuming task I am afraid. :/

If you want me to send you the staples set I can do that, I just need your username on Duel Portal. My set may be slightly old though so wont include the newest cards.

I've clicked search over and over and nothing seems to come on :/

I'm having this exact problem. Over 30 of my decks now have 0 cards and I can't search cards whether public or private. Furthermore I'm still on version 4.02

That's the problem then. Current version is 4.03. You gotta clear your browser cache.

A lot of the staples are Public cards now. Right above the Search button you'll see two options, "My Cards", and "Public". You can search for staples in the public cards.

I think I might have the same issue. When I logged on I was given several error messages and again when I went into the deck editior. I closed them and tried to find my cards - gone.

The errors looked like this:

Ok, I will investigate.

It is just my PC, or currently cards cannot be added to the Side Deck?

Huh, apparently right-clicking cards isn't working anymore... that said, does anyone know if going straight into round two of a duel without refreshing the DP tab is safe now?

Also, Call of the Haunted just does not want to have its image uploaded correctly. At all. Tried a link from the wiki, nope no borders. Tried it again from Tinypic... nope. Imgur? No. Cut out CotH's artwork from the card, save that on Paint, and upload that? Nuh-uh. Remake CotH as a card on the cardmaker and try that way? Still not working.

BTW, trying to organize stuff here, maybe we can get games going. http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/316159-duel-portal-clan/

Looks like fun :D

It is just my PC, or currently cards cannot be added to the Side Deck?

Right clicking doesn't work, I'll fix it soon. Thanks.

Sea, can you help me to change the password to my account (Koishi Komeiji) into something else?

If yes, I'll PM you.

You can change your password when you press "See Full Profile" on the home page.

Also, Call of the Haunted just does not want to have its image uploaded correctly. At all. Tried a link from the wiki, nope no borders. Tried it again from Tinypic... nope. Imgur? No. Cut out CotH's artwork from the card, save that on Paint, and upload that? Nuh-uh. Remake CotH as a card on the cardmaker and try that way? Still not working.

Hmm, well Call of the Haunted looks fine now. Maybe someone got it to work, or it was working the whole time and it just failed to show the updated version?

So, despite the update, there is still no "flip facedown monster face-up but keep in Defense Position" option. All it really does is save a click when a facedown monster is attacked and has enough DEF to survive the battle.

I'd still like for the card editing search bar to automatically search based on what you had in the bar last (say, if I wanted to edit a bunch of monsters of the same archetype, I could edit one, bring up the edit search bar again, and the results would be everything that has what I typed in in its name instead of "Box of Friends, Princess Cologne, etc").

Also, can you add an auto-hand-shuffle option for when we add a card to the hand? I've noticed that every time I search a monster, it ends up in the right side of my hand, which could technically tip off my opponent when it shouldn't if I play it. You could also let it shuffle the Deck automatically if we look in it while you're at it.

Minor update, 4.031 - little things like design

Hmm, problem is..

..I forgot the password for it.

lulz, i'll pm you

Maybe I'm being stupid, but when you register, is the verification code emailed to you? Where do you access it? I've checked on my email multiple times and resent the code, but it's not there.

Try checking your junk mail. If still not there, PM me and i'll give you the verification

So, despite the update, there is still no "flip facedown monster face-up but keep in Defense Position" option. All it really does is save a click when a facedown monster is attacked and has enough DEF to survive the battle.

I'd still like for the card editing search bar to automatically search based on what you had in the bar last (say, if I wanted to edit a bunch of monsters of the same archetype, I could edit one, bring up the edit search bar again, and the results would be everything that has what I typed in in its name instead of "Box of Friends, Princess Cologne, etc").

Also, can you add an auto-hand-shuffle option for when we add a card to the hand? I've noticed that every time I search a monster, it ends up in the right side of my hand, which could technically tip off my opponent when it shouldn't if I play it. You could also let it shuffle the Deck automatically if we look in it while you're at it.

1. Alright, I can add that in

2. That too

3. That three, except I can't do the last part - what if you want to reorganize the top of your deck, something like Big Eye? (the flip effect monster, not the xyz)

You could just banish them, and then re-add them back to the Deck. In the case of effects that specifically say your opponent can't see the cards, there could be a banish facedown option you could add (and probably some way of letting us know which cards are facedown and which are faceup in the banish pile when we're in that screen).

I forgot to check this while I was dueling, but are the screens draggable now? Yes, they are.

Edit: But they are only draggable by the top. Can you make them draggable by anywhere? (If they already are, then they become undraggable during bugs apparently).

This is the Duel Portal, a Dueling site presented to any and all YCM members. It is great for testing new cards and archetypes!

To play this, the Silverlight 4 plugin is needed. Also make sure your browser / OS combination is compatible.

Currently included features:

* Generate card directly from YCM or YugiCo

* Images

* Xyzs

* Mail feature (to message other members through email)

* Deck rating system

* And more

http://duelportal.is.am

[spoiler=Link doesn't work?]

http://192.227.234.101

If you're confused about some aspect of the site, and you already read the FAQ, you can post the question here.

[spoiler=Have a Problem?]

* Did you clear your Browser Cache to make sure your browser isn't accidentally loading an old version?

HOW NOT TO REPORT A PROBLEM

"I lost my card"

HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM

"After I refreshed the page and logged back in, my card ____ was missing"

Also - I'm the only programmer on this, and there aren't many testers, so there may be some bugs or features you want implemented. If you have suggestions you can post them here too. I'll be checking this thread every day so I can get to things very quickly.

Happy Dueling!

I do not get a Veryfication code via e-mail

Maybe I'm being stupid, but when you register, is the verification code emailed to you? Where do you access it? I've checked on my email multiple times and resent the code, but it's not there.

Same problem

What version should I be seeing when I log in? I see 4.031, but should it be 4.04? I've tried to clear my cache.

my bad it's actually 4.031

You could just banish them, and then re-add them back to the Deck. In the case of effects that specifically say your opponent can't see the cards, there could be a banish facedown option you could add (and probably some way of letting us know which cards are facedown and which are faceup in the banish pile when we're in that screen).

I forgot to check this while I was dueling, but are the screens draggable now? Yes, they are.

Edit: But they are only draggable by the top. Can you make them draggable by anywhere? (If they already are, then they become undraggable during bugs apparently).

Good ideas, i'll see what i can do.

I do not get a Veryfication code via e-mail

Same problem

The mailer doesn't always work, I sent you a pm

Duel portal appears to be stuck on "Waiting for [iP Address here]" with a blank white page when I access it, is anyone else having this issue?

edit: I tried 2 different computers and cleared my cache just to be sure

Oh good it's not just me.

Yeah, I tried to register and the verifcation code is never sent to me, It sas its sent, but, when I check my e-mail, it's not there, not even in my Spam folder!

my bad it's actually 4.031

Good ideas, i'll see what i can do.

The mailer doesn't always work, I sent you a pm

Last problem, Same

Archived