Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

I like to give credit where it's due. :P Also, since Duel Portal's mostly empty, would it be possible to add a single-player "free mode" to it? Of course, you won't be dueling anyone, and it's too much trouble to program an AI, but it'll allow deck creators to playtest their decks and various combinations/strategies, to see what works and what doesn't.

Only if it wasn't as bad as the YGOPro AI. When it Lances its own monster for no reason twice in a turn, attacks your unknown facedown with #49, and makes Fire Fists lose to Lycanthrope, it just sucks. Of course, it would have to be trained on just a few Decks, since you can't expect it to understand, and to efficiently play, your weird archetype that requires you to know what you're doing in order to not suck at all.

don't worrry we could just give the AI a dragon ruler deck because that takes no skill remember

:D

Whaaat? I thought Dark Worlds took no skill! xD

Btw, are the card sprites meant to be small, or is that just me? If so, I'm so looking forward to the HD revamp. :3

Oh god how incorrect these messages are.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I just came there and posted some of my "Armored Kryston" cards. Cannot wait to test it out if anyone would like to help!

Also, I do appreciate this software a lot. Not much of help, but I have given it part of my domain, so that everyone can temporarily access it without memorizing those IP number.

Try this address:

dp.is.am

or

is.am/dp

should work. (dp stands for Duel Portal).

P/S: If you (the owner) still need help with mailer, I can definitely help you out too ;-). I really like this project!

For whatever reason, please keep this running! I've been dreaming for this for the whole of my life lol.

Thank you again.

I just came there and posted some of my "Armored Kryston" cards. Cannot wait to test it out if anyone would like to help!

Also, I do appreciate this software a lot. Not much of help, but I have given it part of my domain, so that everyone can temporarily access it without memorizing those IP number.

Try this address:

dp.is.am

or

is.am/dp

P/S: If you still need help with mailer, I can definitely help you out too ;-). I really like this project!

For whatever reason, please keep this running! I've been dreaming for this for the whole of my life lol.

Thank you again.

I can help you test it i've been looking for someone to test my Demon HERO's against just pm me ill most likely be on DP at like 3:30 or 4:00

Try this address:

dp.is.am

or

is.am/dp

P/S: If you (the owner) still need help with mailer, I can definitely help you out too ;-). I really like this project!

Thank you again.

Thanks for that! Do you mind if I edit the OP with that link?

Heh, my browser remembers the string of numbers for DP and I can access it just by pressing 1.

But that said, does anyone know if users logged into differing domains for DP will be able to contact with one another?

They will technically on the same website. Different names are just like different masks and form, but it's still Barian under whichever form ;-). They all point to the exact 1 page.

Hey guys i downloaded silverlight and am trying to log in but i receive an error message, saying service is temp unavailable any ideas?

Sounds like it was just a temporary moment of server downtime, sometimes the server will be unavailable for a while. Try again and if the issue still persists Sea will probably find some solution.

I have been getting an error as well when i attempt to sign in, t say "Error: Failure to get banlist." and it won't allow me to log in. When i do click log in it says the service is temporarily unavailable. I am aware that the second error was stated, but i wanted to give my error as well to help find the problem.

A small update has been released, 4.03, primarily just to make public cards editable by anyone.

I have been getting an error as well when i attempt to sign in, t say "Error: Failure to get banlist." and it won't allow me to log in. When i do click log in it says the service is temporarily unavailable. I am aware that the second error was stated, but i wanted to give my error as well to help find the problem.

Yeah it was just down. Happens once in a while. Thanks for reporting though.

How do I play? Whenever I go to the site, it says Silverlight not installed yet I've installed it. Tried on multiple browsers and not working

Try clearing your browser cache.

If that doesn't work you can try and install it again. It's possible you just have an outdated version of silverlight.

Currently i cannot access the database. I can log and upload cards but I cannot access them, not even previous ones(I have 0 cards??). Its happened before maybe its connected to the earlier ban list error?

This is the TRImperiumD account right? Your cards are still there. It's probably not the server being down.

Clear your browser cache maybe? Or maybe you accidentally left a search filter on.

Alright I have many questions, ofc. :P

If you import your own custom cards onto the site how would you go about scripting the effects of those cards into the site? Or are there premade scripts on the site?

Edit: Oh wait, everything here is manual, like DN, I assume? Not automatic so there is no scripting involved right?

Alright I have many questions, ofc. :P

If you import your own custom cards onto the site how would you go about scripting the effects of those cards into the site? Or are there premade scripts on the site?

Edit: Oh wait, everything here is manual, like DN, I assume? Not automatic so there is no scripting involved right?

Yeah, manual like DN. No scripting required.

Alright I've uploaded a card via YCM url, but when I try to search for it in Deck Editor, it doesn't show up *-*. No cards show up, for that matter, actually. Is there a specific way how to search cards or something?

Alright I've uploaded a card via YCM url, but when I try to search for it in Deck Editor, it doesn't show up *-*. No cards show up, for that matter, actually. Is there a specific way how to search cards or something?

It's there. Just press "search" to see the cards you made.

Finally got it working after uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight

Now got the slight problem that noones online lol X.X

Just wondering but do I have to create every card of my deck? I've created some cards but can't find any other cards apart from the ones I've created and what seem to be the ones others have made

Finally got it working after uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight

Now got the slight problem that noones online lol X.X

Just wondering but do I have to create every card of my deck? I've created some cards but can't find any other cards apart from the ones I've created and what seem to be the ones others have made

You can't access other peoples cards unless they "share" them with you. The reasons for this is 1) Sometime people don't want others to use their cards. 2) Originally all cards were one a single database and Duel Portal had to be downloaded with this database. It got incredibly big which meant Duel Portal took a very long time to load and in general slowed down the program.

I don't mind sharing any of my cards, although most of them aren't even good to be honest.

Archived