Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Version 13 is out! This has several new features:

* Fixes for all the recent errors - images and banlist are back

* Meeting Room now has "Guest" accounts for unregistered users, so you don't need to wait forever until you get one.

* Ability to Send your deck to someone else in the Meeting Room for it to be reviewed - Great for testing duels and checking balance issues

* Pressing the Enter Key in the Meeting Room now can send a message

* If you minimize the Meeting Room window and someone joins the room / someone posts a message, it will flash to notify you

* More freedom to move between windows

* Automatic Sorting for Main Deck / Extra Deck in the Deck Editor.

* Tag Duels more thoroughly tested

* Yours + Your opponent's name now show up on the Duel Field

* Last but not least - Option to Watch Duels. There are only 2 minor issues:

- If you're a watcher, first time you enter the Duel Field, you won't get the field opposite to your side immediately. It will appear in a short amount of time.

- If a watcher leaves and you're dueling, you may encounter an "error" message. Don't be alarmed, just click "Continue" and go on with your duel like normal.

The deck sorter... I don't see it...

I'll be on the rest(ish) of today if anyone wants to duel (Daedelus).

(I'm still working on getting my Shkemb archetype ready to duel: look at it and PM me suggestions to further it?)

Or maybe I won't be on. I've just had Connecting... ever since I pulled DP up on my computer (about when I posted I'd be on)

The deck sorter... I don't see it...

It's automatic. Adding a card will sort it into the Main or Extra deck accordingly

@ Cad / Fluteman - Cad was not having issues earlier today, and it works fine for me now. Sometimes the server may just be down, temporarily.

How often are y'all on this? I was wondering if we might come up with something to include the ccg cards from both mine and Leo's into this. I only ever really have one other person to duel with and even with him it's every once in a while.

How often are y'all on this? I was wondering if we might come up with something to include the ccg cards from both mine and Leo's into this. I only ever really have one other person to duel with and even with him it's every once in a while.

I might have something planned for CCGs, like a .set file people could download and include. Uploading all cards in a CCG to the online server would take up too much space, unfortunately. What are your plans for it?

What do I think how to handle it? I'm not sure, but we probably could cut things down by taking out cards from people who are never around. In my ccg, I think about 4 people have made submissions, but never actually came back after the fact. I could just remove all those and that would save some space.

With this set file you're talking about it wouldn't just include cards from one ccg, because that would be missing the point.

With this set file you're talking about it wouldn't just include cards from one ccg, because that would be missing the point.

Here's what I mean by the .set idea. You could add your cards (in YVD format) as a .set file that the Duel Portal could read and use alongside with the uploaded cards. People could then add NCG or LCCG files and use them as an option. Tell me if that's what you're looking for?

Here's what I mean by the .set idea. You could add your cards (in YVD format) as a .set file that the Duel Portal could read and use alongside with the uploaded cards. People could then add NCG or LCCG files and use them as an option. Tell me if that's what you're looking for?

How would we be able to play with other, non-CCG members then? Wouldn't they all have to have those set files?

So the program would still recognize FF's and Leo's cards and display all necessary information, even if the set file was not in the possession of the non-CCG duelist?

Yes.

Also you wouldn't be able to send the deck for review in the Meeting Room, but i sense that's expendable.

Yes.

Also you wouldn't be able to send the deck for review in the Meeting Room, but i sense that's expendable.

Really? Odd. If what you say is your plan, I believe it would serve the suggested purpose. It would then allow the CCGs to include any of their party's cards, since it wouldn't really affect the DP server's space, correct?

@ Cherry Blossom - Yep like Nu-Mou said, it's just the way the chatroom must work :)

Sounds like a good idea to me. Can it read the same set files that YVD can? What would I have to rename it?

I will make it the same format as YVD. You would just have to rename it like "ncg.set" or "lccg.set".

Archived