Duel Portal - Duel with your created cards [SUPPORT THREAD] [ONLINE]

seattleite

Okay..

Does this mean I'm "Registered?"

And also, how would that work? x3

Yeah, you are. I don't normally reply to tell people they are registered.

In the Lobby you right-click another person's name and go to "Send Deck".

Username: Deshy005 .

The game says I cannot connect to DP database O.o what do i do?

Most likely it is just temporarily down, try again later

@ Everyone - I am working on a new version and I want to know if there's anything you'd like me to add.

Currently i'm adding:

* New picture-based Deck Editor

* Private conversation between people in the Lobby

* Direct YCM Card Upload / Image Upload

* Duel Field Default Background

Anything you think the Duel Portal needs? I'd like to make this update the best one so far.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Everyone - I am working on a new version and I want to know if there's anything you'd like me to add.

Currently i'm adding:

* New picture-based Deck Editor

* Private conversation between people in the Lobby

* Direct YCM Card Upload / Image Upload

* Duel Field Default Background

Anything you think the Duel Portal needs? I'd like to make this update the best one so far.

Would there be a way to create our own Banlists? It would mostly be for the CCGs, but others may want to create their own as well. Also, the ability to write in a new SubType would be nice. For example, I have a handful of cards of a NetNavi SubType, which would be impossible to create in the built-in editor. The ability to create new Attributes would be nice as well.

In the future, you might also want to make a way to moderate the cards of the users, so that they can be worked with if cards become game-breaking.

Tried agan, unfortunately its no different.

There are 2 possibilities:

1: It is still temporarily down and you need to try again later

2: Someone else is uploading the same exact time you are, which is just bad luck

Anyways it works for me right now, and there's not much different between your and my version.

Would there be a way to create our own Banlists?

I can add banlists by request

It would mostly be for the CCGs, but others may want to create their own as well. Also, the ability to write in a new SubType would be nice. For example, I have a handful of cards of a NetNavi SubType, which would be impossible to create in the built-in editor. The ability to create new Attributes would be nice as well.

I have no problem with people making a new subtype, and i'll be sure to include that. The only thing is when we start cutting into custom types/attributes, which is not a characteristic of the Realistic Card forum.

With your CCG files you are welcome to add them though.

In the future, you might also want to make a way to moderate the cards of the users, so that they can be worked with if cards become game-breaking.

That would be nice but it would require some type of moderating team, something we're not really ready for.

Thanks for the suggestions :]

The program itself says I cannot connect to the database. Do I require hamachi for that?

Does it say you cant connect to the database when the duel portal has finished loading (appears as a pop up?). If so it could just be that it needs updating.

yes 14 is the latest version.

So it still says not connecting to database...bummer.

There is still 1 more trick up my sleeve. Try right-clicking the program and going to "Run As..." and run it as an administrator (your own name if you ARE the administrator).

If that doesn't work I don't know what will :(

How many people actually use this program ive dueled twice on it and that was with friends ive only seen one person i dont know on there but by the time my duel finished he was gone (he watched for a while).

I personally think this needs more exposure Imo being able to use your custom cards in an online game is amazing but there are very few people online to play with which really sucks and im on pretty much all day too. I think this needs more exposure or some updates to make it better to attract more players. Im really shocked more of this sites users dont use it even just to test their archetypes or single cards only a couple of times.

Archived