Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

At the mention of 'Number', III's eyes lit up. His suspicions had been correct, after all, and while the seemingly cybernetic duelist had owned one, it appeared he was out of commision, both figuratively and literally. "Number?" he repeated, with an almost casual tone of fascination. He, too, stepped away from the lightning, and Palir had his full attention now.

The only people he knew who could openly use the term 'Number' in regards to a specific Number, rather than a more general term like 'monster' or 'card', were people who either owned or knew about Numbers.

"I see," III said, his tone now upbeat and pleasant, the current confusion and semi-crisis regarding the other duelists seemingly forgotten. "You know of Numbers?"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#800080]"Okay, it's a bye bye for Shining Angel. It's effect lets me Summon Queen's Knight from the Deck! And upon Shine's attack I activate Magic Cylinder! 1800 Damage to you!"[/color] (Neo's LP: 800) [color=#800080]"Now I draw."[/color] (1 card in hand.) - [color=#800080]"I think it's over now...I activate Lightning Blade, and equip it to Queen's Knight! Her attack is now 2300, and the attack of Fountain is decreased by 500. Attack! Lighting Bolt!"[/color] - Queen's Knight pointed the Lightning Blade at M-Hero Fountain, and shot a stream of electricity from the tip of the blade, turning Fountain into ashes.

[b]Game - Winner: Leon[/b]

Palir noticed the change in III's attitude and become wary. [i][color=#006400]This guy... If he has that attitude toward Numbers...[/color][/i] Deciding this time to be more tactful and less blunt in his speech, Palir replied. [color=#006400]I heard the loser...[/color] -pointing towards the unconscious Rai- [color=#006400]talking about cards... called 'Numbers' and... she[/color] -this time pointing at Aivea- [color=#006400]has been mumbling... something about '91'... since winning.[/color] He paused unsure of whether to trust this dapper stranger with any more information. [color=#006400]I've heard about... 'Numbers' before this... though. The security cameras... that the Obots... possess have occasionally... picked up Duels... similar to this... one. The users of... the 'Numbers' tend... to be more... psychotic than what... they normally would... be.[/color] Or at least if they didn't have enough willpower to resist the Numbers' power. Palir made an uncomfortable glance at where his Deck was stored in his Heartland Sanitation Department coveralls and then looked back at III.

"So the rumors are true," III said thoughtfully, not missing a beat despite Palir's less-than-convincing attempt to mask his involvement with Numbers. "Those cards leaking into the World Duel Carnival already." He glanced back at Aivea and Rai, his smile faltering to another flicker of concern, but then he returned his gaze to Palir.

"Not surprising, with all sorts of powerful duelists around," he continued, in the same bright tone as before. He absently adjusted his red formal vest briefly, then swept his arm to gesture to himself. "I am looking forward to seeing the Duel Carnival play out, and hope incidents like this do not continue."

His gaze flashed towards Palir's Deck, having followed the duelist's brief glance when it occurred. "Are you in the Carnival as well?"

A man wearing a white coat with crazy yellow and maroon hair was taking a stroll through Heartland, watching the many duels taking place in the WDC. Many heads turned, recognizing the man as the Asian Duel Champion and being National Duel Circuit winner. The man grinned, knowing that he'd have to do something here to impress his fans greatly. He stopped, looking around, trying to scout for Number Monsters. He knew a lot of them were going to be here. That's his family had come here. His brother III was already scouting, and had undoubtedly found at least one Number. The man looked around one more time. He knew he'd have to wipe out some weak duelists to get ahead. But he [i]loved[/i] doing that! Nothing pleased him more than torturing the weak. "Well," he said, "Lets see what we can do." A strange green crest appeared faintly on his right hand, along with the number 15 on the right of his forehead and 40 on the left of his back. "I will get my revenge on Faker," IV whispered.

[color=#000000][b]Dr. Faker[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]After winning his third Heart Piece, legitimately this time, Dr. Faker heard the cackling storm, and instinctly looked over to the North West to see it. His opponent, a teenage girl wielding Allies of Justice, shrieked briefly, before returning to the angry mood that she had the moment that Dr. Faker had defeated her and allowing that angry mood to show.[/color]

[color=#000000]"Grr, wish that storm were [i]here[/i]," the girl glowered, "Losing to a grown man at a children's card game; that's just [i]gay[/i],"[/color]

[color="#000000"]Dr. Faker raised an eyebrow at the girl as she stormed off, before dismissing it as unimportant, and turning his attention to his PDA. It blipped once a second or so, and showed circles emanating to the North West of his current position, about where Faker calculated the storm to be. He then pressed the touch screen at the location, it showing that 91 was the cause.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Huh, so [i]that's[/i] what caused the storm," [/color][color=#000000]Dr. Faker said in an analytical tone, before using the PDA to contact someone, [/color][color=#800000]"Hey, I'm sending you some co-ordinates. I need you to pick me up and fly me there urgently."[/color]

[b][color=#000000]Aivea Kaiba[/color][/b]

[color=#800080][i]'If that's what you want,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea replied, before opening her eyes. They had changed once again, retaining the gleam, but appearing as though they had faded completely. Her eyelids felt heavy; she could only keep them half open. Electricity was no longer cackling around her body, and in its place was smoke, which began to evaporate in the air around her. The final difference to Aivea [i]before[/i] she was fully possessed was the single card in her hand: Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon.[/color]

[color=#000000]She looked up at the sky, her [i]head[/i] feeling heavy as well, only to see a single helicopter in the sky. Her head tilted slightly down and to the right, allowing her to see that someone was conversing with a robotic being. The helicopter had landed, and out of it stepped Dr. Faker, who instantly recognized the person that was talking to the robotic being.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Well, well, if it isn't III,"[/color][color=#000000] he greeted the familiar person, [/color][color=#800000]"Long time, no see,"[/color]

Thomas gasped as Queen's Knight came out, Magic Cylinder stopped his attack, and then Leon topdecked Lightning Blade...and attacked with enough power to end the duel. [b]"No..." [/b]He felt Number 32's pressure on him disappear, along with his last Life Points. Well, not entirely. [u]"Hm. You really don't seem s strong as I expect...you were utterly defeated. And only dealing 700 damage! If only you had summoned me after that attack...you would still be in the game. Besides, it's not like you would be unhappy if I was controlling you...I'd make sure of that. But that doesn't matter now, because you're a loser. He didn't even need a Number to defeat you...pathetic! I'll be glad to try for a host as strong as him...although of course Number 2 is one of those "good" Numbers...she may be a problem." [/u]Thomas's eyes widened. [i]"What do you mean by "good" Numbers?!" [/i]Shark Drake laughed. [u]"You don't know? Not all of the Numbers try to posses their holders...Number 2 is one of them. You're efforts to "save" this boy were a complete waste of time, and would have been even if you had won the duel! Speaking of which, hand me over to my new holder...loser."[/u] Thomas closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was smiling slightly. He pushed the button on his mask again, turning off his duel mode. He walked over to Leon. [b]"Well...you utterly killed me, didn't you. I guess this is yours now." [/b]He handed Leon one of his Heart Pieces. Then he pulled his Number card out of his deck box, and looked at it for a second. [b]"And I suppose this is too...although I really don't want to give you a card with powers like this has...but I guess I need to. And apparently, you do have a "good" Number to help you out against him...speaking of which, I owe you an apology. I didn't realize some Numbers weren't like Shark Drake. If yours isn't evil, I'm sorry for trying to take it from you." [/b]He gave the other boy the card he was holding. Then, he looked him in the eyes. [b]"I may have lost this duel, but I still have a Heart Piece left. I'm still in this tournament. And I'm gonna find out more about these Numbers while I'm here. And more than that...on the off chance we both reach the finals...I'm going to duel you again. Not for saving you from a Number, but for getting my revenge. I will face you again, and I will win. On that note...bye for now, Leon." [/b]So saying, Thomas turned around, and walked away from Leon and his friends.

His ploy at being an outside observer hadn't worked. Reflexively, the remainder of Palir's face shifted to a sheepish look, though the mask covered it. He had noticed the expression change on III's face, and wondered what this person had to do with the Numbers. That aside, he had been asked a question. [color=#006400]In fact... I am in... the WDC.[/color] He pulled his Heart Pieces out of his clothes, with the two snugly connected inside the frame. He then placed the frame and pieces back into his pocket. [color=#006400]I think that... maybe this guy...[/color] -gesturing to Rai- [color=#006400]should be moved... out out the... range of the... lightning before he... gets hurt any... more.[/color]

Almost as soon as Palir spoke, the atmosphere around them changed, the storm seeming to subside within the female duelist a short distance away. III shot her a quick glance, taking note of the card she held in hand. He was willing to wager that the card was the Number responsible for the lightning, and he hesitated for a moment, debating how to respond to the now superfluous suggestion of moving the fallen cyborg.

Yet again, an interruption emerged in the form of the descending helicopter. One might go so far as to say the pilot was clearly deranged if he would pilot the craft in the midst of a city with plenty of people and duels going on, but his thoughts were halted when the man exited the craft. The bright, exuberant smile and friendly expression in his eyes vanished at once upon seeing the tall, familiar scientist with wild hair.

For a few moments, the boy was at a complete loss for words, and a twisted surge of emotion filled his chest. That man was Dr. Faker, a man he had worked with for a time, until...

III forced his thoughts from those memories, his face briefly twisting into an upset scowl. He took a breath, and gazed back at the man, the features in his face relaxing.

"Dr. Faker...sir," he said, giving a polite bow of his head, but he had no sincerity behind his words, even if his inflection was as polite and submissive as he thought they should be. His brothers carried more hate and anger at their surface for the man than he did, yet still his emotions bubbled within, and his left hand clenched instinctively, as focused on pushing his darker emotions away.

From what he knew of the family plan, one goal of collecting Numbers was so that Dr. Faker could not do the same. And subtlety in regards to the scientist was considered was a priority. With that in mind, III was feeling at a loss of how to pursue Palir's likely Number, or Aivea's Numbers, without revealing an aspect of his family's agenda.

Palir moved to get out away from wherever the helicopter's landing zone was. Looking at III, he immediately noticed the change in expression, then looked at the man exiting the craft. Palir bowed immediately. [i][color=#006400]Well this is unexpected. Dr. Faker? My boss's boss's boss? Looks like he and this stranger have history, and that's it's not good.[/color][/i] He straightened a bit, but continued looking at the ground, holding his mask on with one hand. [color=#006400]Um... hello, Dr. Faker-[i]sama[/i]. I did not... expect someone of... your importance to... be here.[/color] Out of the corner of his eye, Palir noticed the electrical activity subsiding around Aivea. [i][color=#006400]Someone won that battle. And judging by the power level that Number had, it wasn't Ms. Kaiba.[/color][/i]

Leon smiled when he won, saving his D-Gazer into his pocket. When Neo gave him his Heart Piece, he snapped it into the frame with his second heart piece. But when Neo pulled out his Number, Leon looked at him in the eye - [color=#800080]"You don't have to apologize, you didn't know about it. Still, I don't know what a Number this evil could do to you; It's like the Id, Ego and Superego. Without the Superego, a good Number, the Id takes over the Ego, that being you. I believe I will be able to handle this Shark Drake with Number 2 by my side."[/color] - Leon grabbed the card, and suddenly felt different. He felt a burning ache on the back of his hands, were the numbers "2" were burned on both, a Number "32" appeared on the left hand instead. He closed his eyes and started hearing a voice, a guttural, dark voice inside his head.

"[u]Hello, my new holder. I hope you are stronger than my previous one. How shall I address you?[/u]"
[color=#800080][i]"I-I'm...Leon."[/i][/color]
[u]"Leon. We'll have some fun around here...[/u]"

[color=#800080]"See you later, Neo."[/color] - Leon, still confused and with pain on his hands, saved 32 into his Deck and turned back to Amber - [color=#800080]"I think I won. Still...I got another Number here, 32 that is."[/color] - he sat again next to Amber, and sighed - [color=#800080]"Where do we go now?"[/color]

[color=#00ffff]"Now then, let's show this guy why Dragon's are so outdated....now I draw! it's my Standby Phase, which means my Acid Cloud just gained a fog counter that's to my Squall, putting him at 2! Then, my Main Phase! I'll go ahead and take advantage of your lack of backfield I'll not only activate another Cloudian Squall for next turn but I'll also go ahead and summon another Cloudian....come on out, Cloudian- Cirrostratus!"[/color] Suddenly on the field a large cloud appeared, and took the form of a fat marshmallow with an odd kitty face and long whiskers with no legs.

[color=#00ffff]"when Cirrostratus is summoned he gains Fog tokens equal to the number of face-up cloudians, I have two, so he gains two counters, then I'll also use my equip spell card Cursed Armaments and equip it to your Dragon!"[/color] Wyvern is suddenly encased in purple armor that weighs him down, dropping him down to the ground.

"Wyvern! What did you do?"

[color=#00ffff]"Cursed Armaments decreases the attack of any monster it's equipped by 600 for every monster I control, since I own two your Wyvern loses 1200 ATK! You know what this means... Enter Battle Phase"[/color]

Cirrostratus and Acid Cloud loomed over the crippled Dragon, Cirrostratus opening it's mouth to the point of exagerration as it absorbed Wyvern, a storm rumbling in it's belly as it spit out the cursed armaments, Red Eyes nowhere to be found, when Wyvern vanished Josep felt a pang in his heart. (Life Point Damage: 300)

[color=#00ffff]"Not done yet! Acid Cloud! attack him directly!"[/color] The Green cloud punches it's fist forward, the feeling of it's hand like acid on Josep's chest. (Life Point Damage: 500)[color=#00ffff] "I'll end with that, my field is pretty secure from an aggro deck like yours anyway" [/color]he said snidely once more.

[Spoiler=Turn 2 Opponent]
Life Points: 8000
Hand: 1
Monsters: Cloudian - Acid Cloud(500/0, 2 Fog Counters) / Cloudian - Altus(1300/0, 2 Fog Counters)
Backfield: Cloudian Squall 1/ Cloudian Squall 2/ Spirit Barrier[/spoiler]

Holding his chest, he felt odd, as if he had actually been shot by something....like something was burning his insides, he drew his card slowly and looked at the field he couldn't cause damage, and his hand was full of cards that couldn't be normal summoned without tribute, his best bet was a defense....unfortunately. "I set one card face down monster and backfield.........I....I end..." Two solemn holograms appeared and the turn passed.

[Spoiler=Turn 2 Josep]
Life Points: 7200
Hand: 4
Monsters: 1 face-down monster
Backfield: 1 face-down[/spoiler]

The care that James had destroyed was a scrap-iron scarecrow. as the card was sent to the grave, along with one of his Big Cores, he simply smirked. [color=#000080]"Why thank you... sure you destroyed a boss-rush.. but I can at least summon one now that you destroyed the big core. So I special summon... B.E.S. COVERED CORE IN ATTACK!!!"[/color]

The remaining portal opened and releasing a circular Space-ship without gates... however it's outer plates rotated around it. Seth then drew his card to begin his turn. (2500/800)
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/B.E.S._Covered_Core"]http://yugioh.wikia....S._Covered_Core[/url]

[color=#000080]"Although this Covered core has no counters... There's a 50/50 chance he won't be destroyed in battle. Because any time he attacks a monster or is attacked by another monster flip a coin and call it.. If I call it right.. nothing happens to my monster.... But before I proceed.. I will MST your face down card, and then... I guess I'll XYZ as well.... I will overlay my Big Core, and B.E.S. Big Core Mk-2 To unleash... NUMBER 89: BACTERIAN OVERLORD!!!"[/color]

Right after Jame's face-down was destroyed, Seth Overlayed his monsters, and the two ships were sucked into what looked like an amorphous blob as it took shape.. As it took shape, it let out disturbingly grotesque cries that sounded like the multiple people crying out in pain. By the time it had taken it's complete form, Bacterian Overlord turned out to be a massive brain with one big face, as well as the faces of thousands of it's supposed previous victims. (3000/3000)

[spoiler='Number 89: Bacterian Overlord '][img]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q159/Kohaku_The_Winged_Neko/BacterianOverlord-1.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[color=#000080]"Now I remove a material form Number 89 to attack... Bacterian Overloard Attack his Wind-Up Zenmaister!"[/color]

Number 89 opened it's large mouth and spit out a huge ball of energy toward Zenmaister, destroying it.
3000-2500 = 500 damage to Jame's LP

[color=#000080]"Now I'll have Covered Core attack you directly! Since he's not attacking a monster I don't have to flip a coin! GO COVERED CORE!"[/color]
2500 Direct Damage to Jame's LP.

Total Damage so far (3000)

[color=#000080]"After the Damage Step, Bacterian is switched to Defense. and I end my turn"[/color]

[color=#000080]LP: 3800[/color]
[color=#000080]Hand: 0[/color]
Deck: 27
Monsters: 1 B.E.S Big Core, 1 Number 89:Bacterian Overlord (with 1 xyz material)
S/T: 1 Boss Rush, 1 Kaiser Colosseum
graveyard: 7
Side:0

From the bench Amber cheered for her friend Leon as he defeated Neo.

[b]"Alright Leon! Way to go you won! I guess this means we have a new friend then huh? I hope he behaves himself.."[/b] Amber said laughing, then she looked to Hannah. [b]"I guess we wait for Josep to get back, This girl is totally out cold.. I hope she's alright.... Huh!" [/b]

Amber let out a quick gasp as she felt a heavy and dark presence.. One she had felt before, She Looked over in horror to the Colosseum with her goggles on, she couldn't see it through the walls, but she could feel it. I had already attacked, and she could hear those disturbing sounds. She suddenly remembered the horrified faces of those who may or may not have been it's past victums.

[b]"No...! No anything but that!"[/b] Amber cries as she hold her hands over he eyes [b]"Seth no! Make it go away!!"[/b]

[i][color=#008080]"Amber! Hold yourself together! It can't hurt you from here, Calm down!"[/color][/i]

[b]"He's gonna hurt someone else though!" [/b]Amber looked like she was about to panic, and rush the the rescue of whoever was dueling against.

[b][color=#008080]"LEON! You must calm her down! If she charges in there now she WILL be next! Seth is not the same person she once knew!" [/color][/b]Zebulos shouts out hoping that somehow he would just hear him by chance.

Leon felt a dark presence, like the one he felt with Shark Drake. He just shook it off, but Amber started screaming, covering her eyes. - [color=#800080]"A-Amber!? That's Seth's Number right? The Bacterian Overlord..." [/color]- before Leon could react, Amber ran off to save the person Seth was dueling.

[b][i][color=#008080]"Leon!!! Zebulos says that you must stop her, that Number is too powerful!"[/color][/i][/b]
"[u]I agree with Sonya here, that is fairly stronger than us. [/u]"

[color=#800080]"Damn, Amber come back!"[/color] - Leon started running toward Amber; she was fast but Leon could finally catch up to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind , to prevent her from going away - [color=#800080]"Amber, please. Listen to us. You...We can't do anything right now. You can get hurt, and I don't know what I would do if you got hurt..."[/color] - he turned Amber around, and looked at her in the eye - [color=#800080]"...Please."[/color]

[color=#00ffff]"Ha! Giving up already? I draw! Standby Phase! my two Squalls place 2 counters on both my monsters, putting them at 4 each, which is far more then I need, now then, I use 2 Fog Counters on Acid Cloud to destroy your face-down!"[/color] Acid Cloud went behind Josep and reached through him, grabbing the defensive card and crushing it.

"Wh-Why does it hurt.....lately...dueling hurts...so much...." he looked as his Mirror Force was destroyed, leaving him with just his monster.

[color=#00ffff]"Not done yet! Cirrostratus has an effect too, I remove two fog counters from him to destroy one monster on your side of the field!, say goodbye to your last defense!"[/color] Cirrostratus one again ate a monster, all that remained was a small metal brace, it belonged to Dragunity Phalanx.

"Phalanx.....I'm open now....da...damn it.....I don't...want to get hurt anymore...." his opponent's team mates are laughing out loud, their leader raises his hand to shut them up.

[color=#00ffff]"Not done stop babbling!, I tribute my two cloudians, and then I Advance Summon, Cloudian - Nimbusman! for every Water monster I tributed he gains a fog counter, so when he appears..."[/color] the Acid Cloud and Cirrostratus combined together to make a gigantic puffy cloud, but with eyes like a dead doll in it's bulbous head. [color=#00ffff]"He'll make a huge entrance!"[/color]

Nimbusman had a bright glow as two fog counters appeared on him and increased his power by 500 for each.[color=#00ffff] "Then I banish from my grave Acid Cloud to special summon Cloudian - Storm Dragon(1000/0), Then I'll use his effect to add another Fog Counter to Nimbusman! (2500/1000, 3 Fog Counters). Now My favorite phase....Battle!"[/color]

The Dragon was first, it was quick and it bit down hard, almost as if trying to tear Josep apart in two(Life Point Damage: 1000), it had gone without it's master even saying anything, was it moving on it's own....was it....

Nimbusman appeared in front of Josep, yet again, no warning, no word, only the crush of it's fist crashing down on Josep, as if getting a car dropped on him, he was on the ground, he didn't even know why, but he just felt his life chip away. (Life Point Damage: 2500)[color=#00ffff] "I won't even ask why you're on the ground now....I end, what a wimp"[/color]

[Spoiler=Turn 3 Opponent]
Monsters: Cloudian - Nimbusman (2500/1000, 3 Fog counters) / Cloudian - Storm Dragon (1000/0)

"Why do I even try....if I stay I keep feeling this pain....if I don't....oh well, I set a face-down spell/trap....and end...." It had seemed Josep had given up, he had barely taken the time to get off the floor when he ended....he looked at his hand....and then that was it....things went black.

[Spoiler=Turn 3 Josep]
Life Points: 3700
Hand: 4
Monsters: N/A
Backfield: 1 face-down[/spoiler]

Amber fought Leon at first, trying to get away from his grip. But then Leon turned her around and looked her in the eye. She then heard him speak in a sincere tone.

[color=#800080]"Amber, please. Listen to us. You...We can't do anything right now. You can get hurt, and I don't know what I would do if you got hurt..."[/color]
[color=#800080]"...Please."[/color]

Amber's eyes began to well up with tears as she hugged Leon and began to cry in his arms.

[b]"I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to worry you...! I just... I just...! Waaaaaahhhh!"[/b]

[color=#008080][i]"There there Amber... You'll be able to save him, but right now it's too soon... I'd hate to say it.. but you might need to find someone else with a number, just in case I'm not strong enough to shield you myself..."[/i][/color]

[b]".. your Right Zebulos.... He said that I need to find another number... But what am I going to do with another number...?"[/b]

[color=#008080]"You don't have to use it.. you just need it for protection."[/color]

Amber nodded, and realized that Her and Leon were still in embrace. But she didn't seem to mind.. it kept her calm.

Leon smiled when Amber hugged him, looking for comfort. When she started crying, he held her tighter - [color=#800080]"You don't have to worry about it right now. If you get a second number, we must be careful; Sonya and Zebulos are good, but Drake here...If it weren't by Sonya, he would have already possessed me."[/color]

[u]"True dat. Very true."[/u]
[i][color=#008080]"How can you say that without remorse!?"[/color][/i]

[color=#800080]"If you want another one, I'll help you find it. And...I'll protect you, in any way I can. If he hurts you, I might as well kill the man."[/color] - while still embraced, Leon wiped the tears from Amber's face. He ran his hand down her face, before holding her again - [color=#800080]"You are really beautiful, you know that?"[/color]

[u]"The dude's got swag. Is he gonna try to...?"[/u]
[i][color=#008080]"He's got nothing. He'll probably screw it up."[/color][/i]

[b]"T..thanks Leon... I'm glad that you're here with me. I just wish that whoever duels against Seth now the best of luck... His Number is just that strong...[/b][b]" [/b]Amber felt Leon's hand as he wiped away her tears and then ran down her cheek. Amber sniffled a little bit before showing him a smile. [b]"Alright... Lets go find another number.. Zebulos seems to be pretty good and spotting them. Maybe he'll be able to help find one that is just strong enough to help guard me from Bacterian Overlord."[/b]

[color=#008080]"That's the spirit Amber"[/color] Zebulos said [color=#008080]"I will do my best to help you out."[/color]

[b]"Thanks Zebby.." [/b]Amber wiped her eyes a bit more, and smiled again [b]"Alright then, no more tears! I gotta be tougher than this if I'm going to stand a chance. Lets go!"[/b]

[color=#008080]"Hold it! Aren't you forgetting something...?"[/color]

[b]"Oh... right.. We have to baby sit Hannah..." [/b]Amber chuckled a little as she remembered.

Chris was rather pleased. He had thought he had lost this one, but his deck managed to pull through and give him what he needed. He was dueling against some girl who had been flying around on a cannon, shooting at some poor kid and his girlfriend, but he aggressively negotiated a landing (slashed off one of the stabilizer pods of the cannon so the girl had to ditch in a fountain), and was now on the receiving end of the [i]chica[/i]'s wrath.
[color=#FF1493]"When my turn comes back around, I'll blast you into the scrapyard! How dare you attack me while I was hunting down Yuya!"[/color] The girl threatened as her ace monster, a huge Rank 10 cannon that had taken out half of Chris' Life Points, loomed over the battlefield.
[color=#D4AF37]"I don't think so, [i]chica[/i]!"[/color] Chris countered as a spectral creature rose up behind him, the wraith being a red-cloaked monster with a glowing scythe. [color=#D4AF37]"The monster you destroyed was XX-Saber Darksoul, allowing me to add XX-Saber Faultroll to my hand!"[/color] The spectral monster handed Chris a card before disappearing.
[color=#D4AF37]"Now, time to end this! First, I'll activate One for One, sending Faultroll to my Graveyard to Special Summon XX-Saber Ragigura from my Deck!"[/color] A beam of light shot out from Chris' hand, and ended in a little chameleon-like soldier with two glowing knives. (200 ATK|LV1) [color=#D4AF37]"Now, when Ragigura is Summoned, he gets back my [i]hombre[/i] Faultroll!"[/color] The little minion ran over to Chris, looked around shadily, then withdrew the Faultroll card from his cloak, giving it to Chris. [color=#D4AF37]"Next, I will Normal Summon XX-Saber Boggart Knight in Attack Mode!"[/color] A muscular soldier with glowing armor and a red cloak appeared next to Ragigura, but with a curved blade and a pointed helmet. (1900 ATK|LV4) [color=#D4AF37]"And when he's Normal Summoned, he can Special Summon a friend of his, XX-Saber Fulhelmknight!"[/color] A third monster jumped onto the field, this time a girl with electric-blue eyes, long golden-blonde hair, and an lightning whip made of several silver tetrahedrons. (1300 ATK|LV3|Tuner)
[color=#FF1493]"Ugh...so many monsters..."[/color] The girl opposing the swordsman clutched her head in confusion. [color=#FF1493]"Just finish up already!"[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"Certainly. I'll now Synchro Summon!"[/color] Fulhelmknight started rising into the air and spinning her diamonds around rapidly, causing them to build up power until she erupted into 3 green rings, which Boggart Knight floated into, turning into an outline with 4 stars inside that disappeared for the quartet of orbs to align inside of the rings. [color=#D4AF37][i]"Espadas cruzadas enzarzados en un combate eterno! El soldado rebelde ha vuelto a hacer una entrada atrevido! Invocada Sincronía! Espada en mano! Sable-X Souza!"[/i][/color]
[color=#FF1493]"Shut up with your silly Spanish talk!"[/color] Chris' enraged opponent cried out as the array erupted into a beam of light, allowing for a huge warrior to emerge and land on the field. He had a ragged red cloak that had clearly seen a lot of damage, bandages on some of the parts of his muscle-bound body that weren't armored, and a broadsword in each meaty fist. He had spiky black hair with plenty of grey in it, especially along the sides, and a similar cocky grin just above his beard that his owner had. (2500 ATK|LV7)
[color=#D4AF37]"Now that that's out of the way, since I have 2 X-Sabers, I can Special Summon XX-Saber Faultroll from my hand!"[/color] A similarly huge soldier, this one in mostly red armor of a more cybernetic nature, stomped onto the field and rested his massive sword on one shoulder plate. He ran his other hand through his mane of spiky white hair, ready for the upcoming battle. (2400 ATK|LV6) [color=#D4AF37]"And Faultroll has the special ability of bringing back one of my lower-level X-Sabers from the Graveyard, and I'll choose Boggart Knight!"[/color] The savage-looking X-Saber ran back on and prepared his axe. (1900 ATK|LV4)
[color=#FF1493]"And what? Does he summon even more X-Sabers? Just come on! I need to hurry and make you suffer for breaking my cannon so I can catch up to those guys!"[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]Not at all. I'm done with summoning. In fact, I'm only going to activate 1 more effect: Souza's."[/color] Ragigura transformed into a pair of orbs of light, which flew into Souza's blades and made them radiate white wisps of energy. [color=#D4AF37]"Now, Souza, attack her Cannon! Unrelenting Assault!"[/color]
The girl just laughed at him. [color=#FF1493]"See? I told you you would see things my way! Killing your monsters to end their suffering! How-"[/color] She never finished her sentence as the cannon fired at the soldier closing the gap...and missed, Souza sidestepping as he ran for the cannon. The massive railway cannon turned to try and fire again, but by that time, it was too late. Souza had closed the gap and had jumped onto the cannon's barrel and was running up its length, slashing as he did so. With each slash, a cut would appear on the barrel a split-second later, and part of the barrel would fall off. He was chopping the massive artillery piece to pieces.
The girl could only stare, her jaw dropped and her eyes wide with fear as Souza reached the turret. The ablative armor of the cannon tried to close up and protect itself, but Souza got through, and the cannon shook and rattled as the X-Saber did untold amounts of damage inside, causing the machine to smoke, groan, and hiss in agony. Finally, Souza carved a hole out of the bottom, and calmly walked out as the entire thing toppled over and broke into useless hunks of scrap.
[color=#FF1493]"What...what just...how...but...my monster..."[/color]
[color=#D4AF37]"Souza has 2 effects, both of which are triggered by Tributing an X-Saber."[/color] Chris explained. [color=#D4AF37]"The first of these allowing him to win any battle, with any monster, and automatically destroy that monster, no matter how much the difference in their stats may be. Now, your field is wide open, and my monsters will destroy your remaining Life Points. Do you surrender?"[/color]
[color=#FF1493]"I...umm...yes..."[/color] She hung her head in defeat and started to sob as the monsters disappeared. [color=#FF1493]"I...*sob*....I just wanted...*sniffle*...to confess my feelings...*snort*...to this guy I like..."[/color]
Chris walked over to her and patted her on the head. [color=#D4AF37]"Don't worry, [i]chica[/i]."[/color] He told her reassuringly. [color=#D4AF37]"You're a lot like a friend of mine. I'm sure you'll find your guy, but next time, don't shoot at him.[/color]
[color=#FF1493]"Thanks..."[/color] She replied, drying her tears as Chris walked off. As he deactivated his D-Gazer, he wondered where Atsuko was, and whether the storm clouds forming above Heartland might be dangerous.

[spoiler=Cardex]
[color=#FF1493][u]Anna:[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Dreadnought_Cannon_Express_Gustaph_Max"]Super Dreadnought Cannon Express Gustaph Max[/url]

[color=#D4aF37][u]Chris:[/u][/color]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Darksoul"]XX-Saber Darksoul[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Faultroll"]XX-Saber Faultroll[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/One_for_One"]One for One[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Ragigura"]XX-Saber Ragigura[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Boggart_Knight"]XX-Saber Boggart Knight[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Fulhelmknight"]XX-Saber Fulhelmknight[/url]
[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Souza"]X-Saber Souza[/url]
[/spoiler]

James frowned as he saw the large circular spaceship fire missiles that destroyed his Face Down, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Soul"]Xyz Soul[/url]. He felt even worse when he saw Seth surprisingly unleash a Number. As the giant brain emerged, James had another headache.[color=#daa520][i] ‘Great, a Number, 3000 ATK is some power, I definitely don't like that monster’[/i][/color] he thought as he was knocked back by the sheer force of the power (James: 1000 Life Points) that almost knocked him down.[color=#daa520][i] ‘At least Seth as to detach a Xyz Material from Number 89 for it to attack, I wonder what happens if he has no Xyz Materials attached to it. Maybes I can stall for a while for until I launch a counterattack,’[/i][/color]

[color=#daa520][b]“I am once again flustered, but meet my [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wind-Up_Rat"]Wind-Up Rat[/url] in Attack Position (600/600)(Level 3),”[/b][/color] he said as an blue toy appeared stood up. [b][color=#daa520]“True my monster is weak, but by switching him from Attack Position to Defence Position, I can Special Summon a Wind-Up monster from my Graveyard to the field and I choose my Wind-Up Knight in Defence Position (1800/1200)(Level 4),”[/color][/b] James gave an hint of a smile as an shining knight emerged onto the field. [b][color=#daa520]“I will set a card and end my turn,”[/color][/b]

As James finished he heard voices in his mind, similar to the voice he remembered that he heard before he first came in contact with the Numbers. [i][color=#daa520]‘What is happening?’ [/color][/i]James thought startled when he felt a strain on his body. [color=#daa520][i]‘Omega told me that Photon Transformation prevented me from the corruption of the Numbers…This happened when Number 89 appeared…I don’t understand…’ [/i][/color]

[b]LP: 1000[/b]
[b][b]Deck: 34[/b]
[b]Hand: 1[/b]
[b]Monsters: Wind-Up Knight in Defence Position (1800/1200), Wind-Up Rat in Defence Position (600/600)[/b]
[b]S/T zone: 1 Face Down[/b]
[b]Grave: 6[/b]
[b]Banished Zone: 0[/b][/b]

[color=#000080]"Is that all kid...? Alright then I'll draw my card then[/color]"

Seth Drew his card and held on to his card.

[color=#000080]"Alright then... I'll place on card face-down and Attack with my Covered Core! Destroy his Wind-up Bat!!"[/color]

The Core's rotating plates stopped for a second to launch it's missiles at the bat.

2500- 600= Game <---Assuming no Response.

[color=#000080]"Oh yeah.. and I'll flip my coin to see if it's destroyed or not. Head!" [/color]Said Seth as he flipped the coin, but it was Tails [color=#000080]"Aaaw.. Too bad for Covered Core. Begone then Covered Core!"[/color] Said Seth as the covered Core explodes.

[color=#00ffff]"You didn't even make this fun....this tournament will be better off without you....I saw you earlier with that cute girl, maybe when she wakes up I'll introduce myself to her...hey...hey look at me when I speak!...who the hell do you think you are, ignoring me! Draw! Standby Phase! all my monsters gain 2 Fog Counters....this increases my Nimbusman's ATK by 2000, not only that, my Storm Dragon will also go ahead and add another counter to him.....Nimbusman is at 5000!"[/color] despite all his shouts, Josep would not react.[color=#00ffff] 'Damn you! I summon a Cloudian Cirrostratus...he gains 2 more Fog Counters......don;t you get it! that means Nimbus has 6000 ATK!......GAH!"[/color] he took no other time looking at his hand and initiated the Battle Phase. "Nimbusman! attack!"

The giant nimbus cloud rushed him and slammed his fist down furiously once more, hoping to take another chunk of Josep with him, but he didn't move,, instead he stood there, his hand holding the giant's fist in place and his face-down card activated. A loud roar heard in the background. "I activate my Trap card....Curse of Anubis.....really handy for direct attacks...." he looked up, his eyes red. "I bet you want to know why....it doesn't stop an attack, but before it even gets to me your monsters are placed to defense position.....normally this would only stall an opponent...but if I recall Cloudians can't be in defense mode...can they?"

[color=#00ffff]"....wha....what?...."[/color] he looked as his monsters began to dissolve, even the mighty nimbusman became nothing more then particles, he looked at his hand....all he had left was another nimbusman.....whom he couldn't even summon.....[color=#00ffff] "It doesn't matter, your near dead and I'm at 8000.....I end!"[/color] he said....nervously.

[Spoiler=Turn 4 Opponent]
Monsters:N/A

Josep blinked as he drew his fifth card, he looked down on it and cracked his neck. "I think I'll wipe you out this turn" he boasted.

[color=#00ffff]"This guys gone mental...he thinks he can otk me?...I may have no monsters, but no way you can otk me with those weak dragons I've been seeing"[/color] he was shaking, something in Josep's eyes told him he wasn't lying.

"I discard Horus the Black Flame Dragon lv 8....." When Horus was sent to the grave, eight stars appeared around Josep. "Light and Darkness Dragon to grave..." eight more surrounded him. "Red -Eyes Darkness Dragon, complete the seal...." ten more starts, all swirling around him, 26 in total. " the area around them began to shake and Josep's eyes were as dark as the earth itself, he spoke. "Your steps make the earth itself quake, take your place among the Dragons that rule all! I summon the Lord of Earth! Montage Dragon!"

The massive blue three headed behemoth of a Dragon stepped behind Josep, it expanded it's wings and it's fist dragged alongside the ground, the 26 stars went inside it and his power shot. "The Dragon of earth is one of prominence, his strength raw and astoudning, he gains 300 ATK for every star he just absorbed, 26 times 300 that's 7800...."

[color=#00ffff]"7800!? no...no that can't be right...but...even then....you can't win with that.....and next turn...next turn I have you beat!" [/color]he bluffed.

"there is no next turn, last card in my hand....monster reborn! I bring out the Dragon King! Red-Eyes...Darkness Metal Dragon!...show him what your power is! the power over all other dragons! Battle Phase! Montage Dragon! attack!" Montage Dragon slammed his giant paw down on the cloudian user, the shock nearly knocking him unconscious, even if it was..."just a card game" he laid on the ground, shaking and coughing, his team slowly stepping away, he looked up at Josep, his eyes menacing. (Life Point Damage: 7800)

[color=#00ffff]"Stop! stop!...I....I give up! here...take the heart piece! I'm done! I ain't gonna lose to someone like you....fr-freak! gah!"[/color] he held his side and moved back throwing his heart piece at Josep, he saw his partners run in fear, and then he looked forward, only to see two red-eyes stare at him.

"Red-eyes......Enigma Dragon Cannon.....we end this...the noble way" Josep said with an uncharacteristic dark grin. Red-eyes opened it's mouth and a black beam fired (Life Point Damage: 2800), there were no cliche screams of agony, no one looked twice, just another duelist who was left on the ground from losing.....if only they knew the pain he was currently in. "we win...." Red-eyes and Montage disappeared, and Josep picked up the heart piece, his eyes returned to normal, albeit glazed over and he didn't pay attention to his surroundings, as if blind to everything that had just happened.

[Spoiler=Turn 4 Josep]
Life Points: 3700
Hand: 0
Monsters: Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon(2800/2400)/ Montage Dragon (7800/0)
Backfield: [/spoiler]

Winner: Josep

[b][color=#daa520]“I should inform you that the effect of Wind-Up Knight negates your Covered Core’s attack on an Wind-Up monster once per turn,”[/color][/b] James explained as the toy knight blocked the missiles with his shield that was aimed at his Wind-Up Rat. [b][color=#daa520]“I honestly didn’t use Wind-Up Knight’s effect before because it actually benefited me more than you at that point because of the threat of Kaiser Colosseum. But I guess now I have a lot to worry for,”[/color][/b]

As James drawed a card to start his turn. [color=#daa520][b]“I will set a card and next I will activate the card I recently set, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Emergency_Provisions"]Emergency Provisions[/url] that destroys the card I just set and it increases my Life Points by 1000,”[/b][/color] James explained as an green aura formed around him (James: 2000 Life Points). [b][color=#daa520]“I guess I end my turn,”[/color][/b]

James stared at Number 89 with full focus on it. [color=#daa520][i]‘Hopefully this tactic will work. If I get careless again, I might not get another chance for defending myself,’[/i][/color] he thought as he stared at his hand with fear.

[b]LP: 2000[/b]
[b]Deck: 33[/b]
[b][b]Hand: 1[/b]
[b]Monsters: Wind-Up Knight in Defence Position (1800/1200), Wind-Up Rat in Defence Position (600/600)[/b]
[b]S/T zone:[/b]
[b]Grave: 8[/b]
[b]Banished Zone: 0[/b][/b]

Thomas stopped walking as he felt...something. It was the same kind of aura as Shark Drake had, only maybe even stronger. [i]"Somebody just summoned a strong, evil Number...I'd better find them and take it..."[/i]Then he shook his head. [i]"No...I can't. I already know that I can barely control a Number...if this is stronger than 32...and of course, I just got utterly killed. Why?" [/i]He pulled out his deck, and looked down at it. [i]"I love this deck...but maybe it isn't up to the WDC competition. If that's the case, I have another Hero deck...but I haven't gotten used to that one yet..." [/i]He put the cards away.[i] "Guess I'll just have to learn fast." [/i]He turned to his left, and started walking swiftly in that direction. A few blocks away, he turned into an alley, where his white motorcycle was locked. He pressed a button on a handlebar, and a hatch popped open under the seat. He reached in, withdrew a deck, and replaced it with his Masked Heroes.[i] "And now...nothing left to do...but duel!" [/i]So saying, he jumped onto the bike, and rocketed off, preparing a dramatic entrance into the duel field.

Holding the Heart Piece in hand Josep gave a long deep sigh, it didn't fit with his piece in any way shape or form, overlapping with his original and making it useless...except for maybe duel bait. After a few feet he looked where he left Hannah and saw Amber was still waiting, he hurried along and for once in his life, faked a smile. "hey sorry that took so long, opponent's aren't exactly raring up to duel some guy like me, heh..." he walked over to Hannah and picked her up...he felt something odd in her, as if that Number was still affecting her. "I'm gonna take her to her hotel room....I guess I'll meet up with you later" he said as he started jogging to the largest Hotel in the city, he knew that would be the one she's in. "Don't worry Hannah....I'm sure you're family will know what to do....if not...at least your butler will...."

Archived