Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

Leon, although partially deafened by the noise, couldn't help but cheer at the speech. - [color=#800080]"Why can't we duel here!? Damn...that must mean we'll be scattered all over the city."[/color] - he then followed Amber, as she ran to the Gate -[color=#800080] "Amber...what will you do if you run into Rai again? He might use his number too. I suggest we find someone weaker to take their Heart Pieces before dueling Number Holders."[/color] - he turned to Yuki, and whispered - [color=#800080]"Hey, we haven't seen your Number yet, because you have one. Right?"[/color] - he looked around as they left the gate, and identified a big number of duelists, with and without having a Number. He walked to a group of boys without Numbers, in order to get his second Heart Piece ((these are NPC's))

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hannah smiled and drew her cards. "I'll go first since you challenged me! Draw! Hee hee! First I'll summon my Inferno Prodigy! " She says placing a card on her disk, Sudenly a pentagram forms and a girl Jumps out of it giving a peace sign. "And! With er effect I can add one Inferno card from my deck to my hand! I'll chose Inferno chain Blasting! I'll set 2 spells or traps and end my turn~ "

The man Looked apon her darkly, "Draw! I'll first Summon my tour guide of the underworld! *A small Loli with purple hair and a cute suit* And I'll use her effe-" Hannah activated a card. "Not so fast! I'll activate Inferno Javelin! I can pay 1000 Life points to negate the summon of 1 monster you controll! At the cost of 1000 Life points but My monster also gains 500 attack!" "Tch I'll set 1 and end my turn..."

Okayyy!!!! Lets have some fun! Mystical your face down!" The mystical destroys a set bottomless. "Now! I summon Inferno Ninja!"

A small flame apears, as the area shifts revealing a Ninja Girl holding a ball of flame, wich turns in to a flame dragon, "Now! I activate her effect! *The flame dragon bites a card in my hand and trows it at the field, as a small Spell seal forms as out of it explodes flames and a Charmer like Kitta comes out* Now! Come fourth Hiita! The Inferno Sorceress!!!!" Hita twirls her Staf in her hand. Sudenly the pressure around the area seems to increase. "Now... I construct the overlay network" Hitta and Ninja Dissapear in to the portal when Hannah begins to chant. "Heart of the Inferno cries out, your flames will release the seal, Burn away our enemy! Number 76: Inferno Chevalier! "

Out of the portal a light red and blue statuet forms before sudenly transforming in to a knight with flames surrounding it and a Long scarf made of solid flames. The guard exclams, "Numbers..."

Hannah smiled and drew her cards. "I'll go first since you challenged me! Draw! Hee hee! First I'll summon my Inferno Prodigy! " She says placing a card on her disk, Sudenly a pentagram forms and a girl Jumps out of it giving a peace sign. "And! With er effect I can add one Inferno card from my deck to my hand! I'll chose Inferno chain Blasting! I'll set 2 spells or traps and end my turn~ "

The man Looked apon her darkly, "Draw! I'll first Summon my tour guide of the underworld! *A small Loli with purple hair and a cute suit* And I'll use her effe-" Hannah activated a card. "Not so fast! I'll activate Inferno Javelin! I can pay 1000 Life points to negate the summon of 1 monster you controll! At the cost of 1000 Life points but My monster also gains 500 attack!" "Tch I'll set 1 and end my turn..."

Okayyy!!!! Lets have some fun! Mystical your face down!" The mystical destroys a set bottomless. "Now! I summon Inferno Ninja!"

A small flame apears, as the area shifts revealing a Ninja Girl holding a ball of flame, wich turns in to a flame dragon, "Now! I activate her effect! *The flame dragon bites a card in my hand and trows it at the field, as a small Spell seal forms as out of it explodes flames and a Charmer like Kitta comes out* Now! Come fourth Hiita! The Inferno Sorceress!!!!" Hita twirls her Staf in her hand. Sudenly the pressure around the area seems to increase. "Now... I construct the overlay network" Hitta and Ninja Dissapear in to the portal when Hannah begins to chant. "Heart of the Inferno cries out, your flames will release the seal, Burn away our enemy! Number 76: Inferno Chevalier! "

Out of the portal a light red and blue statuet forms before sudenly transforming in to a knight with flames surrounding it and a Long scarf made of solid flames. The guard exclams, "Numbers..."

Hannah:

LP: 7000

Hand 3

Field 3 (One FD 2 monsters, Chevalier and Prodigy)

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Lord_Jazeth/Inferno%20Heart/

(Just ignore the Acend parts/Trial)

Amber hear Leon talking to her and realized the truth in his words. [b]"You're right... I should challenge someone else before Rai spots me..."[/b]

Amber noticed the same group of boys as Leon approached them.. [i]"Maybe once of them will fair well for practice..." [/i]She thought to herself.

[i][color=#008080]"Leon seems to have a good eye.. Neither of these fellows carry a number"[/color][/i]
[i]"Awesome.. Then I should challenge one of them..[/i]"

[b]"Hey Leon! What'cha find? Some potential challengers?"[/b] Amber said Gleefully as she pointed at one of them randomly. [b]"Hey! you there in the middle? I'd like to challenge you to a duel. whatever you've got against my Gradius Deck!"[/b]

one of the other boys in the group looked to Leon "How about you..? You wanna Duel me?"

[color=#800080]"Hey, we haven't seen your Number yet, because you have one. Right?" [/color]
[color=#000000]Leon whispered to Yuki. [/color][color=#4b0082]"About that.... Well, i don't like to use my numbers unless i really need to. But, you will see it sooner or later." [/color][color=#000000]Yuki gave a rather weird answer to Leon's question. He also noticed the group of boys his other two friends saw. [/color][color=#4b0082][i]"A bunch of losers... The perfect thing to test out my deck." [/i][/color][color=#000000]Yuki made a large grin[/color] and pointed his index finger at one of the duelists. [color=#4b0082]"Oi! Care to duel with me? Well, when i say duel, i mean that you will be a test subject for my new deck." [/color]Yuki didn't care about heart pieces or numbers as much as the other contestants do. He instead focuses on crushing as many opponents as possible. After hearing Yuki's statement, Phantom Blaster Maiden appears once again on Yuki's head.
[i][b]"You shouldn't be too cocky. Plus, why are you forgetting about heart pieces? Shouldn't they be your top priority for now?" [/b][/i]
[color=#4b0082][i]"Who do you think you are, huh? My mother? Just shut up for a bit, will you?"[/i][/color]
[color=#000000]After hearing Yuki's response, Phantom Blaster Maiden disappears once again.[/color]

Unfortunately for Palir, he found himself accosted by one of the few people who appeared to not be afraid of him.

[b][color=#6450B3]"Obviously people were avoiding you because of your Dueling 'skillz'! I'm not afraid! I'll take your Heart Piece!"[/color][/b]

Irritated and able to [i]hear[/i] the 'z' in how the man had pronounced 'skills', Palir prepared his Deck and Duel Disk as the challenger gradually lost his overconfident expression.

[color=#006400]Very well... but you do... realize that this... is at your... own risk... right? Duel Disk, set! D-Gazer, set! I'll let you... take the first... move. It would be... unsporting otherwise. Duel![/color]

Leon laughed as the boy challenged him - [color=#800080]"Sure, gives me a chance to test my Neo-Spacian Deck. Let's make it quick."[/color] - he shuffled his deck, as he pulled his Duel Disk out and the black D-Gazer. - [color=#800080]"You first, kiddo."[/color]

The young man checked Amber's body out, literally walking around her. - [color=#b22222]"With a body so fine, I'd duel you all day long."[/color] - the cocky man picked up a green and white Duel Disk, letting it shuffle the deck, and a D-Gazer with matching colors. - [color=#b22222]"I'll go first, thank you."[/color]

[color=#b22222]"I start easy, I Set a monster, and a Trap Ca...DAMN! I mean, a regular face-down card."[/color] - he set the cards, and ended the turn.

LP: 4000
MONSTERS: 1 FD.
S/T : 1 FD Trap...emm...card.
HAND: 4 CARDS

[b]"Did you say 'Easy'?"[/b] Amber asked somewhat irritated by the word. [b]"I'll show you easy when I blast you to oblivion with my archtypes!"[/b]

Amber put on her Goggles and started up her Duel Disk by inserting her chosen deck. [b]"Alright pal.. Don't hold back just cuz I'm a girl!"[/b]

Amber drew her cards and then one more as she began her turn.

[b]"Alright... First I'll play Gradius! in Attack position, and the Special summon 2 Gradius' Option, Then I'll equip Gradius with United we Stand. And before my Attack, I'll MST your face down.. 'Trap' card... Also.. mind you that with United we Stand equipped to Gradius, The Gradius Options ALSO get an attack and Defense boost by 800 for each face-up monster I control on the field... That means ALL of my monsters are at 3600 attack and 3200 Defense.. Now... I'll Attack your face-down monster with one of my Options and then Attack you Directly with the other two monsters..."[/b]

Cards just used
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gradius
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gradius%27_Option x2
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/United_We_Stand
Mystical Space Typhoon

ATTACK PHASE
Gradius' Option (1) 3600 Attacks face-down
-If face down does not survive the attack-
Gradius Attacks for 3600 to LP
Gradius' Option Attacks for 3600 to LP
Total Damage 7200
GAME (Winner Amber)

The boy who had been challenged by Leon nodded and Put his deck into his Duel Disc and activated his D-Gazer. But was suddenly a bit shaken up by Amber's performance.

"U..uh.. Okay I'll start first.." Said the Boy as he drew his cards. "A-alright... I'll put two cards face down, and one monster in face-down defense..."

MONSTERS: 1 FD.
S/T : 2 FD
HAND: 3 CARDS
Deck: 34

[b][color=#000000]Aivea Kaiba[/color][/b]

[color="#000000"]Meanwhile, as the tournament was [/color][i]already[/i][color="#000000"] on the off, Aivea remained behind at the sign-up counter. Apparently there were no more Heart Pieces to be given out, so the organizers of the tournament had to arrange for another Heart to be made... just so Aivea could legitimately participate. This would taken quite the while, but eventually, Aivea was given a Heart Piece.[/color]

[color="#000000"]"Apologies for the delay," the man stated, "Turns out we ran out of Heart Pieces, so we had to make a whole [i]new[/i] Heart. We'll hang on to the other 4 Pieces until we find a safe place for them. In the meantime, you can legitimately participate."[/color]

[color=#800080]"K, thanks,"[/color] [color=#000000]Aivea said in a tone that implied she didn't really car, before she headed off.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Dr. Faker[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]Eventually, the officials managed to find clever hiding places for the 4 remaining Heart Pieces, but that didn't stop Dr. Faker from coming across one of them. Smirking at his own luck, he then began to examine the edges of the Heart Piece he found with the one that he was actually [i]given[/i] as a participant of the WDC, half-expecting some sort of catch.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Hmm, they don't seem to match,"[/color][color=#000000] he muttered, somehow still unable to wipe that smug grin off his own face, [/color][color=#800000]"Predictable of them. Oh well, at least I have myself a lifeline. Now... where are those Numbers?"[/color]

[color=#000000]Dr. Faker pocketed the Heart Pieces before leaving the scene. Although he [i]certainly[/i] wouldn't mind coming across any more of these free Heart Pieces, he knew his own priorities; to find those Numbers and collect them for his own evil purposes.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Akuma Chishio[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]The minute the WDC began, Akuma [i]immediately[/i] began setting her sights on the Number Card that managed to 'escape' from the Balian Sector, where she banished eight other cards. She knew when she would find it, but in the meantime, she had to continue her search. This search was interrupted when a small boy had challenged her to a duel. But it wasn't the small boy that egged her into accepting the duel. It was Gorz, who stopped by and decided to pay a visit in her mind.[/color]

[color=#000080]"You should accept the child's challenge," [/color][color=#000000]he stated, [/color][color=#000080]"His deck houses a Number that can aid us; not only for one of your Decks, but also as to find the Number that you were originally looking for."[/color]

[color=#4b0082][i]'That's easy for [b]you[/b] to say,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Akuma thought in her mind, [/color][i][color=#4b0082]'That twerp can just as easily be a complete waste of our time!'[/color][/i]

[color=#000080]"He won't be. I'll make [i]sure[/i] of that,"[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]was the last thing Gorz had said, before dropping Akuma's spirit back in the real world, where the small boy was, admittedly impatiently, waiting for a response from Akuma.[/color]

[color=#000000]"Hello? Are you in there?" the boy asked.[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"Huh?"[/color][color=#000000] Akuma snapped back into reality, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Sorry, I tend to space out once in the while. I assume you're officially challenging me?"[/color]

[color=#000000]"Well, yeah," the boy stated.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"Well then let's get started shall we?"[/color][color=#000000] Akuma gave a brief, friendly smile, before returning back to her game face, [/color][color=#4b0082][i]'You [b]better[/b] be right about this kid, Gorz. That other number could be long gone by the time we finish this,'[/i][/color]

[color=#b22222]"Heh...you think this is over so quickly just because you destroyed my card? Which in fact, was a Dust Tornado so no big deals. My face-down monster however, is no less than the mighty Winged Kuriboh, so I take no further damage. I start my turn with a draw!"[/color]
(5 cards in hand)
[color=#b22222]"This is a good one. I activate, The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh! This lets me summon any Winged or Regular Kuriboh, so I go for the regular one!"[/color] - as the card was activated, a flute chimed a mellow tone, and a small ball of fur with eyes appeared from the deck. (300/20) - [color=#b22222]"And here come the good part. I activate Multiply, tributing my ball of fur, summoning five more. Fear my furrballs!"[/color] - the Kuriboh left the field, which was filled with Kuriboh Tokens. - [color=#b22222]"And, finally, Detonate! By tributing my Kuriboh Tokens, I can destroy up to 1 card on the field for each Token sent!"[/color] - as the tokens imploded, Gradius and both Gradius Options were turned into ashes - [color=#b22222]"How about that, missy!? It seems like I'm getting your phone number after all! I set a card and end my turn."[/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]LP: 4000[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]MONSTERS: N/A[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]S/T : 1 FD[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]HAND: 1 CARD[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Leon noticed Amber almost performed a First Turn Kill, and Leon's opponent become nervous -[color=#800080] "Hey man, don't sweat it. I'm not half as good at dueling as Amber here. Damn, she's got the skills, and the beauty, amirite? Sorry, my turn. Draw."[/color]

(6 cards in hand)

[color=#800080]"Fine, I first activate Convert Contact, since I control no monsters. I discard my Neo-Spacian Glow Moss, and send my Neo-Spacian Dark Panther from my Deck to the Graveyard, and draw 2 cards."[/color] (6 cards in hand)

[color=#800080]"Now, I activate Neo Space!"[/color] - as the Field Spell came to the field, both players appeared to be floating in a psychedelic space - [color=#800080]"Pretty nifty, right? Now it's time for Cocoon Party! I can Summon 1 Chrysalis from my Deck for each Neo-Spacian in my Grave with a different name. I summon, Chrysalis Mole and Pantail. I activate both their effects, and summon Neo-Spacian Ground Mole and Dark Panther!"[/color] - as the monsters encased in eggs appeared, they were replaced by adult versions of those monsters. -[color=#800080] "Last but not least, I Normal Summon E-Hero Prisma, and activate it's effect. By sending E-Hero Neos from my Deck to the Graveyard, he is now treated as Neos."[/color] - when the card was sent, the prismatic shaped hero took the form of Neos.

[color=#800080]"Contact Fusion, E-Hero Grand Neos!"[/color] - Prisma and Mole were returned to the Deck, a brown armored man with a giant drill rised from the Neo Space - [color=#800080]"With his effect, your monster returns to the hand. Now let's finish this, Grand Neos and Dark Panther, Attack!"[/color] - both monsters charged at the opponent, piercing and biting through Leon's opponent's Life Points.

GAME (Winner Leon, assuming no response)

Amber Watched painfully as her monsters were sent to the grave yard.. but She still had a shot at this thing, but then she heard him say something that disturbed her a little bit.

[color=#b22222]"How about that, missy!? It seems like I'm getting your number after all! I set a card and end my turn."[/color]

[b]"Wait a minute... When did we ever discuss my phone number being a prize...!? Hmph... Sorry M8.. but I'm afraid that's just not happening! I'll activate my face down card... SAFE ZONE!! It will protect my Gradius, making it so that it cannot be destroyed by battle nor can it be targeted by your card effects. However.. you still destroy my options... That will leave my Gradius with 2000/1600.."[/b] Amber then drew her card [i]"hmm.... now I have to worry about is that face down card he has.... hmmm... that shouldn't be too hard..."[/i]

[b]"Alright kid... Now I will begin my turn by summoning Jade Knight... While this card is face-up on the field all Light Machine monster I control with 1200 or less Attack points cannot be destroyed by the effects of trap cards.. since I have two face-up monster's on the field.. my Gradius is now at 2800/2400. Now... I will attack you directly with a total of 3800"[/b]

Attack Phase
Jade Knight 1000
Gradius 2800
Total: 3800

[b]"I'll place one card face down and end my turn"[/b]

Deck: 33
hand: 0
Spell: Safe Zone, United We Stand, 1 face-down.
monsters: Jade Knight, Gradius
Graveyard: 2

The Boy facing Leon gulped a bit as he was about to lose, but then he gave off a smirk.

"Not so fast! I activate my trap card! Mirror Force to destroy all your attack position monsters!"

A barrier formed around the boy and the attack of one of his monsters bounced back and destroyed all of Leon's monsters.

"How do you like that?" Said the boy as he drew his card. "Alright... Now that you have no monsters.. I'll play 'La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp'!"

A green genie appeared out of a swirl of smoke which formed his tail, He had his arms crossed as it floated idly. (1800/1000)

"Then, I'll equip it with 'Black Pendant', making La Jinn's attack 2300, and then I will attack for 2300!"

La Jinn's ATK 2800 directly to Leon's LP.

Rai had almost gotten to Amber- almost. But it was too late, she challenged someone else. He may as well do the same. He turned around, and ran off somewhere else. He found an unsuspecting duelist, unfortunately a non-Number holder. But it didn't matter. Maybe he had to be careful. Maybe he had to prepare if in the unlikely event he lost. He hated thinking, and wasn't very fond of preparations. He preferred to be confident and improvise. But maybe, just maybe, he needed an extra Heart Piece.

"You there!" He called out, flashing an energetic grin. "How about a duel?"

The other duelist was hesitant at first. After all, Rai wore a superhero outfit, but then he smiled back. "Sure, why not? You make the first move, flash!"

Rai's eyebrows twitched in annoyance. Flash? Seriously? He let it go, and activated his Duel Gazer. His surroudings were digitalized, and a D-Link was established with his opponent. [b]"Duel!"[/b] Then they both drew five cards from their decks, and Rai drew a sixth. This other duelist had no idea what he was in for.

[color=#006400]Now I activate Decisive Armor's effect! By sending my hand the Graveyard... while my opponent controls a LIGHT monster...[/color] -he gestured to the opponent's Marshmallon- [color=#006400]I can send all LIGHT monsters... from my opponent's hand to the Graveyard... and inflict damage equal... to their total Attack Points![/color]

Palir's opponent revaled his hand, showing two "The Agent of Judgement - Saturn" and a lone "Master Hyperion". [color=#006400]That'll be a total... of 7500 damage. Go, Ally of Justice Decisive Armor! [b]LIGHT EXTERMINATION![/b][/color]

The large war machine fired a laser of steadily increasing intensity and diameter at Palir's opponent, eventually becoming blinding for a few seconds before subsiding.
[b][color=#6450B3]No. No! NOOOOAUGGGGHHHHHHH![/color][/b]
The opponent fell onto his knees as his Life Points dropped to zero and the AR vision constructs disappeared. Walking over and making sure the guy was okay, Palir got his second Heart Piece after helping his opponent to his feet. He had been trying to win as quickly as possible, but he increased his pace substantially when he noticed Rai leaving. [i][color=#006400]That lightning kid's probably in a match by now. But, if I find him before that match is over, I can challenge him right away and find out what I don't like about him.[/color][/i] Palir set off in the direction Rai had gone, removing his Deck and returning his arm to normal.

"It's over." Rai said in a calm, deep voice, and the lightning Number monster attacked his opponent directly in one powerful strike of electricity, before disappearing along with the rest of the augmented reality. He had won. [b](Opponent LP: 0)[/b]

Luckily, there weren't many people around in this area so no one had seen his duel nor his Number - or what it was capable of. The Number 91 on his neck faded away and Rai's eyes switched back to normal, as did his personality. He grinned, and walked over to his opponent, who had collapsed on the ground. He took his Heart Piece, before dragging him into a secluded corner. He wasn't malevolent, he didn't want to take lives. Only Numbers.

"Alright! That's one win for Rai!" He shouted in the air, mostly to himself. He walked a little further away from where he had left his opponent, so nobody would suspect them of being connected, and then looked around for another duelist, this time a Number holder, or anyone foolish enough to challenge himself. Naturally, he darted around the area, running like free electricity.

[color=#000000][b]Akuma Chishio[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]The small boy that was dueling Akuma was staring down at 5 Frog monsters, followed by a number of Spell or Trap Cards. However, this didn't stifle his confidence in beating her, as he considered the Frogs to be relatively weak. As he drew his sixth card for the turn, the boy immediately had himself a plan in getting his Number out.[/color]

[color=#000000]"OK, I activate Hand Destruction. This makes us..."[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"I know what it does," [/color][color=#000000]Akuma intervened, as she discarded two cards and drew some new ones. The boy did the same.[/color]

[color=#000000]"I then activate Monster Reborn, reviving the Hero Kid I discarded, and letting me summon two more!" the boy shouted, "And then I overlay them to Xyz Summon the coolest monster you'll ever see! Go, Number 96: Dark Mist!"[/color]

[color=#000000]The 3 Hero Kids that the boy had just summoned had vanished. In their place was a dark humanoid being, with sharp claws, a skull-like torso and the number 96 on the right side of its head. As it had finished being summoned, flames spouted from its chest and remained ablaze, while the being itself had generated a dark aura.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Fiend-type/DARK/Rank 2/100 ATK/1000 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]"Now attack that Swap Frog!" the boy commanded.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]"I don't think so! Poseidon Wave, ACTIVATE!!" [/color][color=#000000]Akuma exclaimed, [/color][color=#4b0082]"Not only does this negate your attack, but since I control 5 Aqua-type monsters, you lose 4000 Life Points as well, and [i]that[/i] means that you've lost."[/color]

[color=#000000]"No way..." was all the boy could say about the matter.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Small Boy's LP: 4000 --> 0[/b]

"Here, I won't need these any more," the boy handed Akuma his Heart Piece, along with Number 96, before leaving.

[b]Aivea Kaiba[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Alright, now where the hell's that Akutso or whatever that woman's name was again?"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea asked herself, [/color][color=#800080]"I want a rematch."[/color]

[color=#000000]So far, she had no luck in finding her, but she [i]did[/i] find herself a possibly worthy opponent; a man who seemed to bear Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon. Normally, [/color][color=#000000]challenging a strong duelist right off the bat like that[/color][color=#000000] wouldn't be the smart thing to do, especially if one only had a single Heart Piece, but Aivea was confident in her abilities to kick this person's butt... just because she was a Kaiba. And Kaiba's [/color][color=#000000][i]always[/i][/color][color=#000000]​ had a tendency to believe they were the best.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Duel me, you!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea called out to the man, [/color][color=#800080]"Let's see if you're worthy of calling yourself a duelist!"[/color]

Rai turned to the sound of a challenger. He hadn't spotted her during his running sweep inside the building. Who was she? Some intruder who stole someone else's Heart Piece at the last moment to join the World Duel Carnival? Oh well, it didn't matter. As he took a step forward to her, his body began to vibrate. He grinned, almost dazed. This was a Number Holder, one he had missed. His grin was an energetic one, and this realization made him activate his D-Pad.

"How about let's see if [i]you're[/i] worthy of calling yourself a duelist?" He asked, mostly in a friendly manner. He put on his D-Gazer. "Prepare to be shocked by my electricifying power!!! ohandyoucanmakethefirstmove."

Jenna shot her opponent a wry smirk as the opponent drew a card. As expected, her lingering in one area had attracted an eager opponent, one who also made the mistake of assuming a female would not be as skillful a duelist as others. It was an odd mindset, especially since the tournament wasn't exactly male-exclusive or anything.

Around the two players was an eerie blue ring marked with runes, courtesy of her Field Spell. A feral-looking unicorn pegasus stood before her, its body glowing subtly due to an Equip Spell she had attached to it. (ATK: 2600) Two gemstones, colored blue and red, sat behind the unicorn, and a single facedown card completed her backrow.

Her opponent, on the other hand, was looking pleased. His field consisted of a marshmallow with fearsome fangs hidden within its deceptively cute mouth, and a serpentine machine dragon. (ATK: 2100)

Jenna LP: 2900
Sam LP: 3400

"Let's go, I activate my Power Bond!" the opponent, Sam according to the virtual "Versus" screen, announced. "With this card, I can fuse the Cyber Dragon on my Field with the one in my hand for Cyber Twin Dragon!" A second of the metal snakes appeared, the pair disappearing into a spiral vortex and emerging from it, larger and now two-headed instead. (Lvl 8, 2800/2100)

Jenna smirked. "So you've gained something a bit stronger than my Pegasus. What else do you have?"

"Power Bond doubles the ATK of the Machine Fusion I Summoned," Sam stated gleefully, his dragon hissing as a shining aura surrounded its body. (ATK: 2800 -> 5600) "In addition, it can attack twice this turn! Go, Cyber Twin Dragon, attack her Sapphire Pegasus!"

The first head of the machine launched a white streak of energy from its mouth, blasting the Sapphire Pegasus, which made a defiant sound of rage before shattering apart. Jenna was undaunted.

"By the effect of Advanced Dark, when a Crystal Beast battles, I can send 1 Crystal Beast from my Deck to negate the damage," she said, extracting a card from the Deck and showing it to him. "I choose my Advanced Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise, and negate the damage. Now I activate my Trap, Crystal Pair."

Her facedown card flipped up. "This card activates when a Crystal Beast is destroyed by battle and is sent to the Graveyard, as I chose to do. I place a Crystal Beast into my Spell and Trap card zone, and take no Battle Damage for the rest of the turn. Furthermore, the effect of Crystal Release applies now, as it was sent to the Graveyard. It also places a Crystal Beast into my Spell and Trap card zone."

Jenna smiled at Sam's look of annoyance, taking two cards from the Deck. "I choose to place Advanced Crystal Beasts Amber Mammoth and Topaz Tiger into those slots," she stated. Two gem-stones, yellow and orange, appeared alongside the other two.

"Eh, whatever," Sam muttered. "Turn End!"

Jenna pointed a finger towards the fused monster. "Due to Power Bond, the original ATK of your monster is dealt to you as damage, so that's 2800 damage for your recklessness."

Sam winced as bolts of lightning shot outwards from the fusion, drastically cutting his Life Points. "Oh well, I still have a 5600 double attacking monster out, so just do your worst!"

Sam LP: 600

"Oh, my worst is far from necessary," Jenna said calmly, drawing a card. "As you may have counted by now, I've used 6 of the Advanced Crystal Beasts, but there are 7. Here is the last, Advanced Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat!"

A pink feline leapt out onto the field, its eyes gleaming red and armor plating on its legs and chest. It hissed ferally, brandishing its claws. (Lvl 3, 1200/400)

Sam raised an eyebrow. "You're joking, right? It only has 1200 ATK, whereas my monster has 5600!"

Jenna rolled her eyes, now losing patience with the opponent's smug assurance that he was going to win. "Advanced Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat, direct attack! It may be only half the damage, but you're not exactly buffed in that department."

"Wha-?" Sam stepped back a pace as the feral kitty pounced, bringing its claws towards his face. He screamed and Jenna removed her D-Gazer almost dismissively as the AR link around them sputtered and faded away with the Duel's conclusion, declaring her the winner.

Sam LP: 0
WINNER: Jenna

She stepped over to where the opponent lay and picked up the Heart Piece from the ground. "Good game," she said, comparing his piece to hers before walking away. That duel hadn't been enough to satisfy her, though. She wanted to win more games, defeat more people, and collect more Heart Pieces. For the briefest of moments, a faint purple aura appeared within her eyes, but the next moment it was gone, and she was looking for another opponent.

James was suddenly startled when he heard the challenge of a duel from a young man that looked only a few years older than the age James actually was (Seth). The short James took great frustration about being called a kid, but that was how his plan went. [color=#daa520][i]‘How careless of me, to think I should have stayed hidden in the crowd. Whether this guy actually possesses a Number or not, I should give him a secret bit of rewarding comments on him spotting me…’ [/i][/color]he thought pausing hesitantly as he replied to his challenger. [b][color=#daa520]“Rules are rules, I am forced to accept,”[/color][/b] he gave a smirked as he pressed a button hidden in his sleeves, his eyes widened with confident as his black tuxedo miraculously slowly turned white to shimmer in the area.

[color=#daa520][b]“What do you think of the technology? I know some decent people,”[/b][/color] James exclaimed as he looked at the major changes in himself in confidence, but he immediately changed his glued smirk it to an innocent smile when he felt a slight headache in himself. It was his first time using the Photon Transformation that his master mysteriously gave to him upon hearing of the WDC and he didn’t understand what it does besides looks cool. [b][color=#daa520]“The name is James, what’s your name if you don’t mind?”[/color][/b] he said activating his D-Pad and attaching a D-Gazer to his right eye. [b][color=#daa520]“I will let you start,”[/color][/b]

[color=#000080]"The name is Seth.. pleasure to meet you. We of course.. will wager 1 heart piece, since I'm sure that all either of us have up to this point." [/color]Said Seth as he activated his D-Gazer and Duel Disc. [color=#000080]"You seem rather insistent that I star[/color]t [color=#000080]things off, so... I will Draw my cards.." [/color]

Seth drew his cards and then got a good look at them. [color=#000080]"Not bad.. not bad at all... Alright... Since I control no monsters on the field, I will normal summon B.E.S. Big Core Mk-2!"[/color]

A huge portal appeared above Seth's head, and large Space chip slowly flew in and onto the field. It had huge Blue orbs on it and a passage of what looked like it should have had gates over it, but it was empty. (2400/1100)
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/B.E.S._Big_Core_MK-2

[color=#000080]"Normally, Big Core Mk-2 would no be destroyed by means of battle, however.. because I normal summoned it, it doesn't get ANY counters as a result.. So if I attack a monster or if a monster attacks it while it has no counters.. it destroys itself by it's own effect no matter what. So now... I will play the following... First I will play Kaiser Colosseum.. This makes it so you can't summon any monsters if it would allow you to have more than I have on the field."[/color]

As Seth played the Card, large Stone Greek Colosseum came up from out of the ground, surrounding the two duelists and the field.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kaiser_Colosseum

[color=#000080]"Now... I will Play Boss Rush! This card will force me to special summon a B.E.S. or Big Core monster from my deck during the end phase of any turn one would be destroyed. I'll then play 1 card face down"[/color].

As Seth played down his last two cards, a small portal was left hovering, and a hologram of a face down card appeared beside it.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Boss_Rush

[color=#000080]"That's it for me" [/color]Seth said.

Deck: 34
Hand: 1
Monsters: 1 Attack posistion (B.E.S. Big Core Mk-2 (2400/1100)
S/T zone: Kaiser Colosseum, Boss Rush, 1 face-down
Grave: 0
Side: 1

"A number monster!?" The slightly dazed and confused boy looked on at the monster in front of him, he was sure he had heard her right. It was a "Number" monster and from the feeling it gave off it was pretty strong too. "huh, who knew she had one...." He said...rather unsurprised....more then likely due to the fact that she was rich after all, she could have just bought it.....of course....there was something about this card however... "It is possible she got it like that, but what is it about the smell of this card that makes me feel so weird" Another migraine rushed through his head, and he looked on once more, for some odd reason what looked like smoke came from his nostrils. "ugh...my head".

Thomas had been walking around for at least 20 minutes now in search of Jason. He hadn't been challenged, perhaps due to his outfit. Then suddenly- there was his quarry, through the crowd. He grinned slightly, and started towards Jason. But then he heard a high-pitched voice behind him. "Hey mister...are you a real superhero? Like, with superpowers?" Thomas turned, to see a small boy behind him. He smiled. [b]"Well, yes and no. I am a superhero, but I don't have any special powers." [/b]The boy looked a bit crestfallen. "Oh...but how can you be a superhero without and superpowers?" Thomas kneeled down so he was at eye level with the boy.[b] "Why not? Really, to be a superhero, all you need to do is wear a cool costume and help people. I mean, that's what Batman did." [/b]The boy's eyes widened. "Do you have equipment like Batman?" [b]"No, but I don't need it. I'm a Dueling superhero. All I have is a costume, some dueling skills, and an awesome motorcycle." [/b]The boy gasped. "You're a duelist?! AND a superhero?! Does that mean you're in the WDC? Can you duel me?" [b]"Well, if that's what you want. I have to warn you though, I don't mean to brag, but I am a pretty good duelist...unless you're great, you may lose your Heart Piece to me." [/b]"I don't care, if I get to duel a superhero! I'm only in the tournament for fun anyway." Thomas stood up. "In that case...let's duel!" He flung his right hand into the air, flicking the tiny button on the side of his mask as he did so. Then a giant flash of light surrounded him. [b]"Duel mode! Shining Savior!" [/b]The light dimmed, and he was left wearing his D-Pad and D-Gazer, and his suit was slightly luminous. He noticed that his opponent already had his equipment out. And he was grinning widely. "Wow! That was so cool!" Thomas smiled again. [b]"Thanks. Do you want to go first?" [/b]"Sure!" [b]"Then let's start this off..."[/b]

[b]"[/b]D[b]U[/b]E[b]L[/b]![b]"[/b]

[color=#800080]"You have no idea who I [i]am[/i], do you?" [/color][color=#000000]Aivea asked mockingly, [/color][color=#800080]"No matter, I'll just have to pound it into your thick skull! DRAW!!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Aivea drew her sixth card for the turn, and immediately played it, seeming to like the looks of the card. Perhaps she liked the looks of this card, and could use it to put some serious hurt into the other guy's strategy.[/color]

[color=#800080]"The first thing I'll do is play Hieratic Dragon of Gebab in Attack Mode!" [/color][color=#000000]as she said this, an orange dragon slammed onto the ground in front of Aivea. Golden shards of armour surrounded the dragon's body, and red eyes glared at the other duelist.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Dragon-type/LIGHT/Level 4/1800 ATK/400 DEF[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]​"Next up is the Field Spell Card Hieratic Seal of Resilience,"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea declared, [/color][color=#800080]"This stops any Hieratic monsters from being destroyed by battle or by card effects, but they must be sacrificed during the Main Phase of the turn such a foolish attempt takes place. Also, if you even for a second of trying to destroy it while I have a Hieratic such as Gebab here, you'll take damage equal the DEF of the highest Level or Rank Hieratic I have. I'll call that a turn."[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Aivea's Status]LP: 4000[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Deck: 34[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Hand: 4[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards on Field: Hieratic Dragon of Gebab (Atk), Hieratic Seal of Resilience[/color]
[color=#000000]Cards in Graveyard: N/A[/color]
[color=#000000]Banished Cards: N/A[/spoiler][spoiler=Custom Cards Used]Hieratic Seal of Resilience[/color]
[color=#000000]Field Spell Card[/color]
[color=#000000]If a monster would be destroyed by a card (either by battle or card effect); it is not destroyed. Instead, that monster must be Tributed at the end of Main Phase 1 or Main Phase 2. If this card is removed from the field while you control a "Hieratic" monster; inflict damage to the controller of the card responsible equal half to the DEF of the "Hieratic" monster you control with the highest Level or Rank. (If you control at least two "Hieratic" monsters with the highest equal Level or Rank, inflict damage equal half to the DEF of the monster with the highest DEF.)[/spoiler][/color]

"Of course I know!" Rai reassured her, drawing his next card. That Hieratic Seal of Resilience was unexpected, but it didn't matter. The effect didn't really interfere much, only slow things down, and he was especially delighted to see that his opponent didn't set any cards. "But seriously, without a set card, you're wide open. You're not as good a duelist as you brag, are you?"

He then took a card from his hand and slammed it onto his D-Pad. "But it doesn't matter. I summon Green Gadget in Attack Position, which allows me to add a Red Gadget from my deck to my hand." A green gadget machine appeared on the field, and Rai added one more card to his hand. (ATK 1400) "And then I'll set three cards and end my turn."

His opponent was wide open, but unfortunately right now he couldn't take it. Maybe he should've taken the first turn.

[color=#b22222]"Damn....no good! Only 200 left...draw!"[/color]
(2 cards in hand)
[color=#b22222]"Yes. I banish from my graveyard both Kuriboh and Winged Kuriboh. Rise, Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning in Attack Position! (3000/2500) And now, attack, my powerful soldier, at Jade Knight! You take 2000, and Gradius is now at 2000. His effect lets me attack again, so hit Gradius now! With another 1000 damage, I set a card and end my turn. You can start typing your phone number, you know?"[/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]LP: 200[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]MONSTERS: BLS : EOB (3000/2500)[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]S/T : 2 FD[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]HAND: N/A[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][size=3]"Damn! My Neos...and now this? You seem like a good duelist man, and I thought you were a scaredy cat. Anyway, with my 1700 Life Points left, I draw."[/size][/font][/color]
[font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3](4 cards in hand[/size][/color][/font][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3])[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"Yeah, a good card indeed. Let's go, O - Oversoul! I summon any Normal E-Hero from Graveyard, this time the Neos I sent to the Grave for Prisma's effect (2500/2000). And I Normal Summon my Chrysalis Pinny! (100/700)"[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - from the grave rose the white superhero, and a small star-shaped person in an egg was summoned by Leon.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"Contact Fusion! E-Hero Glow Neos!"[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - Leon returned both monsters to the Deck, like he did before, and a man in shining blue armor and a lance, rose again from Neo Space. - [/size][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"With his effect, I destroy your La Jinn and take 500 damage from Black Pendant. Still, Glow Neos can't attack, unless I activate this! Contact Out! I send Glow Neos to the Extra Deck, and summon it's materials from the Deck. And guess what? I summon Glow Neos AGAIN!"[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - once again, the monster appeared - [/size][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"And I equip it with Assault Armor, increasing it's ATK by 300."[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - the monster shone red, and the glow on it's armor turned orange (3300/2000). - [/size][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"Let's finish this. I activate the effect of Assault Armor, sending it to the Graveyard, and letting Glow Neos attack twice this turn. Let's go, Double Twinkle Spear!"[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - Glow Neos launched his spear at the kid. The spear broke in two, hitting twice.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]GAME - WINNER - LEON (assuming no response)[/size][/font][/color]

He hadn't been fast enough. Or slow enough, or something. Rai appeared to have just started a duel against a white-haired girl, who was using Dragons. [i][color=#006400]Oh well. At least I'll get to see his tactics, and maybe find out more about what's making me nervous.[/color][/i] He looked at the virtual Life Point counters suspended above each Duelist. [i][color=#006400]So you're Rai, eh? And Aivea Kaiba...? That last name is definitely familiar...[/color][/i]

Standing back from the duel, Palir shuffled boredly through his cards and accidentally grabbed Number 42. The stylized '42' appeared briefly on his left shoulder before he let go of the card. [i][color=#006400]I... what...? Right, the card. Have to be more careful about that. I wonder if anyone noticed...[/color][/i]

Rai, as he waited for Aivea's turn, glanced back at the new arrival. They were too far away from each other for him to have felt the Number pressure that was always on him whenever a Number was around, but he had seen the number '42' form on the new guy's arm. Perfect. The Numbers were coming after him one after another. He had an excited smile on his face. [i]It looks like I may be gathering five Heart Pieces a lot sooner than I expected.[/i]

Archived