Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

Hannah had won her match and Josep had left the two guys to the side with slight headaches, but his own was pounding, he held her hand and he kept moving along, he hadn't gotten a second heart piece either, Hannah was exhausted and she simply put her number away, not looking back to it or her deck for a while, Josep just let her rest on a bench as he stood up and looked at the other duelists. "I guess I should look for my own heart piece, you stay here Hannah...." he goes looking around, eventually finding a small group dueling what seem to be two on two (amber and leon) hmm, I remeber seeing these two earlier, they seem like a cute couple".

He decided to watch them over, maybe learn a thing or two about the competitors styles,if he was lucky he;d be challenged, didn't matter to him if he won or lost. "More...Numbers...now they're starting to look interesting...". he said aloud to himself.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a distance, Amber noticed a young man looking at them. (Josep) She saw him standing near a bench much like the one she was sitting on, and she also spotted a girl resting on the bench. She recognized the young lady as the same girl who had helped out that other girl from the bouncer. Amber stood up and looked in their direction. She wasn't sure if she should challenge either of them right away or not. She pondered for a while.

[color=#008080]"M'Lady? is something wrong?"[/color]
[b]"No Zebulos.. everything is fine, I'm just wondering if I should challenge them to a duel... That girl over there looks a little too tired to Duel, and that one guy has been staring at us for some time now. I'm not really sure for how long exactly, but I bet he was watching our Duel from before. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he was thinking of challenging one of us himself."[/b]

Thomas stepped through the crowd, and there he was- Jason. He was standing with an older looking boy, and the girl he had been with earlier. He paused, and swallowed. [i]"Here goes nothing...another battle against somebody with a Number. I have win, to save this guy from it's influence...but when I do, will I be able to control more than one Number?" [/i]He shook his head. [i]"No. Don't think like that. For now...focus on fighting him. And winning." [/i]He then continued walking, right up to the boy. [b]"Hello, Jason. Remember me? I believe you owe me a duel, sir..." [/b]He crossed his arms, and stood in a suitably dramatic pose, waiting for a reply.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#800080]"So Seth IS here. Better watch out for him"[/color] - as Yuki walked near, Leon greeted him with a high-five - [color=#800080]"Hello bro! If you ask about the purple eye, Amber hit me because I insulted her clothes"[/color] - Leon laughed, although it didn't last much. A man walked near, dresses as the most frightening thing Leon could possibly think of: Superman.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]"Hello, Jason. Remember me? I believe you owe me a duel, sir..."[/b][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#800080]"Jason? Oh...yes. I remember you, Mr. Justice League. Do you remember our rules?"[/color] - he walked up to Thomas, and pulled out Sonya's card - [color=#800080]"It's an Ante Duel. The winner gets the loser's Number, and one Heart Piece, because I assume you have more than one, right?"[/color] - he grabbed his Duel Disk, and his D-Gazer - [color=#800080]"[size=3][size=4]I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my number, I can tell you we have no evil. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career of dueling. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop following my number, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. [/size][/size][/color][size=4][color=#800080]"[/color] - After quoting his favourite movie, Leon started his Duel Disk and set it to 8000. - [color=#800080]"This shall be fun, you start it."[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#008080][i][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"Why the nerdy quote?"[/size][/font][/i][/color]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#800080]"I liked Taken. A really good movie indeed."[/color][/size][/font]
[color=#008080][i][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]"Whatever, just don't get me killed."[/size][/font][/i][/color]

[b]"L- I mean Jason!? Are you sure you want to do thi- Oh wait.. that's right..." [/b]As Amber quickly remember they can't decline a challenge.[b] "Stupid tournament rules..."[/b]

[color=#008080][i]"Be Careful You two..." [/i][/color]Said Zebulos.

Amber looked over to the young man (Josep) she noticed before, then back to Leon. Now that he was about to duel with high risks.. She didn't want to stray too far from the duel.. So she decided to turn around towards Josep, and then waved an arm as to beckon him over.

[b]"Hey! Over here!" [/b]Amber exclaimed in a friendly yet assertive fashion [b]"Is there something I can do for you? You look really worn out! You alright?"[/b]

"I activate my second Trap card, Draining Shield!" Rai countered. "This will negate your Gebeb's attack, AND I gain Life Points equal to its ATK! That way, although your Gebeb is still on the field, its effect won't activate and my Green Gadget is saved."

A forcefield formed in front of the Green Gadget, shielding it from Gebeb's attack, and then the force from the attack was absorbed by the force-field, and Rai's Life Points began to rise dramatically from 4000 to [b]6400[/b]. Rai was shaking, not with fear, but with excitement. Here it was. It was coming.

"I appreciate the extra Life Points a lot, girl, but this isn't even [i]half[/i] of what I can do. During my next turn, you will see what my deck was really created for!" Rai declared, and then Aivea ended her turn.

"Did you notice something? I still have a large hand, while you have squat! Zero cards!" Rai said, all confident, and drew a fourth card from his deck. "I have the hand advantage here, little miss Number girl! [i]And guess what?! [/i]I'm about to have the field advantage as well!" First off, he took a card from his hand, and activated it. "I activate the spell card Mystical Space Typhoon! With it, I'll destroy one of your facedowns!" A gust of wind formed out of nowhere and then removed one of Aivea's face-down cards.

"Now, I activate my very own facedown!" He continued, and his trap card flipped open, Ultimate Offering. "You know what I think? You're all [i]bark[/i] and no [i]bite[/i], girl! On the other hand . . . . you should know that I have the strength to back up my boasting! But I must admit. You are a little more powerful than I thought you to be. Be honored. And now I summon Red Gadget, added by Green Gadget, from my hand, normally!" On the field, a red thing similar to Green Gadget appeared next to it (ATK 1300). "With its effect, I can add a Yellow Gadget to my hand, and so I'll activate Ultimate Offering's effect to pay 500 Life Points and summon that Yellow Gadget!" Next to the Red Gadget appeared a yellow one (ATK 1200), while Rai sacrificed some of his Life Points (LP 5900). "With Yellow Gadget's effect, I'll add a second Green Gadget to my hand, which I shall summon as well with Ultimate Offering's effect!" Rai added another card to his hand and summoned it. On Green Gadget's other side appeared a [i]second[/i] Green Gadget (ATK 1400)(LP 5400). "And finally, with it, I'll add a second Red Gadget . . . [b]and summon that.[/b]" His Life Points dropped a little lower, to 4900, and a second Red Gadget appeared next to the Green one (ATK 1300). He added a second Yellow Gadget to his hand with its effect.

In other words, he had five monsters on the field, and three cards still in his hand. The number '91' was starting to glow, ever so faintly, on Rai's forehead. He had a wide grin on his face, but this one wasn't energetic - it was evil, corrupted. "Now I'm not done with my turn yet . . . but so far, what do you think, ameteur?!" Showoff as usual. He let his superhero-ish cloak flow behind him.

[color=#000000]LP: 4900
[color=#000000]Deck: 32[/color]
[color=#000000]Hand: 3[/color]
[color=#000000]Field: Green Gadget x2 (ATK 1400), Red Gadget x2 (ATK 1300), Yellow Gadget (ATK 1200)[/color][/color]
[color=#000000][color=#000000]S/T: Ultimate Offering[/color][/color]

Josep noticed the girl beckon him over, not something that happens regularly, he was obviously too tired to be an appropriate ninja at the moment, so he walked to her and rubbed the back of his neck, straining with the guards gave him a huge crick, and though he didn't mean to he kind of snapped it in front of her, it made him look menacing, but his lazy and tired stare changed that. "Sorry from observing all creepily like that, I didn't mean to, I just noticed, you and your....boyfriend? don't meant to make an assumption, you know...just appearances, but I kind of noticed that you....and every other person seems to have these....."Number" monsters....did I miss something? was I supposed to buy one, even my fianc.....I...I mean my friend over there has one....." he said the last part signaling his hand over to Hannah who by now was asleep, cuddled next to a tree....wait....A TREE! "finally, I found one of those buggers, been looking for a tree all day.....uhm..oh sorry, short attention span." he said with a slight chuckle.

[b]"Don't sweat it." [/b]Said Amber as she made an observation of her new acquaintance. [b]"You look tired, and sore. Did you get a tussle recently? I might have something to ease any pain you've got if you'd like."[/b]

Amber then heard the question about numbers

[b]"Hmm... That one is a little tough to explain... I mean.. I know it SEEM like these number cards are common, but they aren't exactly cards that you can just by or pull from a booster pack. They kind of just... come to you, but now really isn't a good time to talk about numbers.. and You might not want to speak so loud about anyone who might have on if you don't want them to lose them.." [/b]Amber pointed to a man in a super hero outfit. [b]"That guy is a number hunter.. He duels number holders to get their cards when he wins.. At least.. I think that's the case.. This one is a little strange..."[/b]

"Lose them...so they're forced in an Ante....I'll have to take care of Hannah then, I don't have any of my own...but...she seems attached to her cards since she grew up...since I last left....wow there I go again, rambling on like it's nobodies business". he looked at the other duelists around, the..."superhero" was an awkward thing to look at, but he didn't give it a second thought. "that reminds me, I need my second heart piece" he took out his two decks and looked them over. "which should I use I wonder.....also if I challenge anybody they have to accept interesting". he put one deck back in it's holster as hie eyes burned a red color once again, he held his forehead as if he was getting a headache again. "oh and the tussle...uhm....don't tell anyone, but three guards are currently knocked out....."

[b][color=#daa520]“Yes this is interesting; it looks like we both could be potentially stalling each other in a way. You rely on me getting rid of your BES Big Core MK-2, but I am also limited with the amount of combos I can perform because of Kaiser Colosseum,”[/color][/b] James realized drawing a card and frowning unsatisfied upon his draw. [b][color=#daa520]“The first Standby Phase since I activated Different Dimension Capsule has begun, only one more until I can actually begin my counterattack or should I say for the duel to become more brutal in both of us achieving our goals. Unfortunately, all I can do is end my turn,”[/color][/b]

James calmly observed Seth and eventually stared around the Kaiser Colosseum amazed by the appearance of the Augment Reality.[i][color=#daa520] ‘There is no chance of my attempt to use Wind-Up Knight to provoke him to Summon a monster was a success, because he can’t…All I can be sure of he was definitely stalling me so he could draw the second Boss Rush, whether it is for Xyz Summoning or not I don’t know…I will have to go and fall for his plan if I am going to see an Number in action,’[/color][/i]

[b]LP: 4000
Deck: 36
Hand: 3
Monsters: Wind-Up Knight in Defence Position (1800/1200)
S/T zone: Different Dimension Capsule, 2 Face Downs
Grave: 0
Banished Zone: 1[/b]

Seth was intrigued by the way this match was turning out so far. Both seemed to be stalling for time, at this point, however.. He knew there wasn't much he'd have to worry about at this point the only reason he didn't attack before was because he wanted to see what James had in store for him. He grinned. He drew his card, hmph.. he might be able to do something with this card.

[color=#000080]"Alright kid... I'll start my turn by playing Foolish Burial... I will search my deck for a monster and send it to the grave yard. I choose to send one B.E.S. Big Core Mk-2." [/color]Said Seth as he sent his monster to the grave yard.[color=#000080] "Then I will play Monster Reborn to bring that very same monster back from the grave yard, special summoning it, and therefore giving it 3 counters..." [/color]

Even with Boss Rush on the field, Seth was still allowed to play this combo because it was a special summon, not a set or normal summon. Another Portal opened, revealing a second monster similar to the other.. only this one had closed gates to cover it's weak point. (2400/1100 - 3 counters)

[color=#000080]"Now the fun begins... I'll have my counter-less Big Core Mk-2 Attack your Wind-up Knight, Destroying them both! Then during my End phase.. I will special summon 2 Big Cores with no counters, and I will end my turn." [/color]

The two mini portals opened wide, releasing two Somewhat smaller machines that were somewhat shaped like Octogons. They had no gates to protect their weak point. (2300/1100)

[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Core"]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Core[/url]

[color=#000080]LP: 4000[/color]
[color=#000080]Hand: 0[/color]
Deck: 29
Monsters: 1 BES Big Core Mk-2 w/ 3 counters in attack (2400/1100) 2 Big Cores in attack (2300/1100)
S/T: 2 Boss Rush, 1 Kaiser Colosseum, 1 face-down
graveyard: 3
Side:1

[b]"So um... who did you want to challenge anyhow..? All three of use have 2 at the moment." [/b]Said Amber.

Greg was shuffling through his Steelswarm deck, bored, and waiting for someone to challenge him. There was the women Seth had pointed out, but she was watching 2 people del. Some other time, then. The boy continued shuffling through his deck until he came upon something strange.
[i]Darkswarm Reshef? [/i]Greg thought. [i]Never seen this before. What's a Dark Tuner, anyway?[/i]
[spoiler=Darkswarm Reshef]Darkswarm Reshef
DARK
Lv.4 / Fiend / Dark Tuner
ATK: 0 / DEF: 0
You can Special Summon this card (From your hand) by returning 1 face-up Tribute Summoned "Steelswarm" or "Evilswarm" monster you control to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by this effect, it's Level becomes equal to the monster returned to your hand by it's effect.
[/spoiler]
[color=#ff0000][i]Hey, Greg, [/i][/color]said Poki Draco, it's voice warbling.
[i]What is it? [/i]The boy replied
[i][color=#ff0000]Might want to check your Extra Deck...[/color][/i]
Greg pulled out his extra deck, shuffled through it and again came to another card he had never seen before.
[i]Darkswarm Infico?[/i] Greg thought. [i]What's going on?[/i]
[spoiler=Darkswarm Infico]Darkswarm Infico
DARK
Negative Level 3 / Fiend / Dark Synchro
ATK: 2450 / DEF: 0
1 "Darkswarm" Dark Tuner monster - 1 non-tuner DARK monster
[i]To Special Summon this card, subtract the Level of a Dark Tuner monster from the Level of 1 other monster you control; the value must equal the Level of this card.[/i]
When this card is Summoned: Detach all Xyz Materials from all non-DARK-Attribute Xyz monsters on the field. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls and discard 2 cards; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the targeted monster's Rank x 300.
[/spoiler]

[i]Whatever. At least I got free cards. [/i]

Thomas smiled slightly. [b]"Oh remember the rules, and I indeed have two Pieces. Nice reference there, by the way. Anyway...let's do this, then. Duel Mode! Shining Savior!"[/b] The dramatic flash of light happened, and he was left with his equipment and awesome shiny suit. [b]"Given that you said that I could go first...I draw!" [/b]He whipped his hand out to the side in an extremely overdramatic manner. [b]"Well...I guess I can't go aggressive right off the bat. I suppose I'll just set a monster, and two cards behind it." [/b]The holograms of three face-down cards, one of which was sideways, materialized in front of Thomas. [b]"I end my t-"[/b] then he happened to glance at his opponent's nameplate.[b] "Leon? So you lied to me about your name...well, I suppose I'm not gonna tell you my real name anyway, as only my in-costume identity is displayed...but whatever. Go ahead...Leon."[/b]

"That's the real question now, isn't it?" he looked around, he didn't feel like challenging those that had just gotten their safety point, but he did need a second heart piece, and his deck wanted him to get it....it seemed to crave getting the second piece as soon as possible. "Know anybody you don't like?" Josep asked Amber jokingly as he noticed people gathering around, none of them were staring at him...probably due to lack of a "Number".

You sure seem to be popular miss..." he told Amber as he noticed she was hanging out with a rather large group of duelists for a "singles" tournament. He also noticed he never asked her name. "oh, that reminds me, my name is Josep, sorry for not introducing myself earlier."

[color=#800080]"D-Damn! I forgot to hide the nameplate feature...since you know, yes. My name is indeed Leon, but remember you didn't say your name that time, so I couldn't trust either. Anyway, you should give me any name for me to address you by, or I'll just call you Superman...Draw!"[/color] (6 cards in hand)

[color=#800080]"If you don't go aggressive, maybe I should. I Summon Queen's Knight! Go, my darling!"[/color] - on the field, a blonde woman in red armor appeared in front of Leon (1500/1600). - [color=#800080]"And now, attack!"[/color] - Queen's Knight jumped to Thomas's face-down monster, slashing at it. - [color=#800080]"Regardless of your cards, I just set 2 cards and end. I see it now..."[/color]- he took a look at Thomas's nameplate too - [color=#800080]"Neo? At least it's better than Superman. Your move...Neo-san."[/color]

LP: 8000
MONSTERS: Queen's Knight, Attack Position (1500/1600)
S/T: 2 F/D
HAND: 3 CARDS

[i][color=#008080]"Weird of you Leon, you always overplay your cards. And it's not like you can't, if you activate..."[/color][/i]
[i][color=#800080]"I know, Sonya. I just want to be cautious around this guy. He gives me the creeps, his Number too..."[/color][/i]

[b]"Oh these guys? We're really just friends, and it's not like we're cheating. We figure that if we travel in a group, we'll at least get a chance to face each other in the finals. We still fight our own battles, and I for one, really couldn't care less about winning the tournament. I have a more personal goal in mind." [/b]Amber Explained [b]"Nice to meet you Josep, I'm Amber the fellow in the middle of a duel is Leon, and this other guy beside me is Yuki."[/b]

[color=#008080][i]"hahaha, it's like you have your own little fan club, You've never even been in a tournament of this scale before."[/i][/color]
[i]"Hey!"[/i]
[i][color=#008080]"Well it's true M'lady."[/color][/i]
[i]"That's not the point, I'm not here to be Miss Popular."[/i]

[b]"As for people I don't like... I'm afraid aside from these two, an old friend of mine, and the jerk off I just faced not too long ago. I don't really know any one around here... Anyway.. How's your friend over there..? She looks a little tuckered out.."[/b]

"She's tired from using one of those Number cards...not sure if I should have said that" He looked at Hannah, she was fine but it wasn't like he knew anything about her anymore, she had gone ahead and summoned not just a Number card, but the way she had handled Volcanic Doomfire was different. Maybe she had changed, and the whole "glomping" thing she was doing was just her way of trying not to make him feel weird...it had been a few years since he had seen her last, how was he to be sure that she hadn't been able to move on...her parents sure would have changed their arrangement, but....he was just happy to see a familiar face".

Take care of her for just a few seconds.....I'm gonna go challenge someone...anyone....doesn't matter to me really." he said as he walked into the crowd, if he won, he'd return, if he didn't....well, he never meant to find Hannah or make new friends in the first place.

Thomas just nodded as the knight killed his monster. [b]"The card you just destroyed is Phantom Magician. When it's destroyed in battle, I can summon a Hero from my deck with 1000 or less ATK. I summon Masked Hero Bassols!" [/b]There was a flash of light from where the Magician had died, and it faded, leaving a short and stocky brown-clad mand. (DEF: 600) [b]"And of course my name isn't Superman. That's copyrighted. But anyway...draw!" [/b]He grinned at his opponent. [b]"You said you were gonna be aggressive...but at least with only that Knight, I can kill you so hard in aggressiveness. First, I activate Trap Stun, stopping all traps this turn! Then, I play...Mask Change! The Earth-attribute Bassols will transform...into Masked Hero Dian! (ATK: 2800)" [/b]Bassols jumped up and yelled. Then he exploded, and reformed as a tall warrior in shining armor, with a very deadly sword. [b]"Dian, attack Queen's Knight! Justice's Righteous Slash!."[/b] Dian jumped forward, and cut the knight cleanly in half. (Leon: 8000 -> 6700) [b]"And when Dian destroys a monster, I summon a Hero from my deck! I summon Masked Hero Rekka, and attack!"[/b](Leon: 6700 -> 5100) [b]"Then with that, you can go."[/b]

Leon: 5100 Life Points (Assuming no responces)

Neo status:
Life Points: 8000
Field: M-Hero Dian (ATK 2800), M-Hero Rekka (ATK 1600), 1 s/t
Hand: 3

[color=#800080]"My my...you think I only rely on traps? Baka. I activate Honest's effect, from my hand! This means that, not only does Queen stay on the field, but Dian is also destroyed, and you take 1500 damage!"[/color]
(Neo LP: 6500)

[color=#800080]"Draw!"[/color] (3 cards in hand) - [color=#800080]"Yeah! first of all, I activate MST on your face-down card! Now, I Normal Summon King's Knight! With his effect and Queen on the field, I can Special Summon Jack's Knight from my deck! And finally..."[/color]

[i][color=#008080]"Do you have Polymerization?"[/color][/i]
[i][color=#800080]"Not now. What if I did? I already have you in my deck, I don't need Alkana."[/color][/i]
[color=#008080][i]"That's [u]so[/u] sweet!"[/i][/color]

[color=#800080]"Fine, now I just attack!"[/color] - Jack's+King's+Queen's = 5000 Damage (assuming no response)

[color=#800080]"I just finish."[/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Life Points: 8000[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Field: Jack's Knight (1900/1000) - Queen's Knight (1500/1600) - King's Knight (1600/1400) / 2 FD S/T[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Hand: 1[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[b]"Ah! Oh no!" [/b]Amber gasped as Neo's monsters went in for the attack. [b]"Leon! look out!"[/b]

But thankfully, Leon's quick thinking saved his monster from being destroyed, and destroyed Neo's monster instead.

[b]"Alright! Way to go Leon!" [/b]Amber cheered.
[color=#008080]"Show that phoney whose Boss!" [/color]Zebulos exclaimed.

But Amber couldn't let herself get too distracted, she had to keep an eye on Hannah as well. She kept glancing at the resting maiden, and did not see anyone trying to approach her. At least it seemed that everyone in the tournament would pull a cheap shot like stealing from a sleeping duelist. Even if it was a bad time to do so. Amber stood her post, all the while watching the Duel between Leon and Neo.

Greg was about to talk to the group that was apparently ganging up on people and stealing heart pieces in 2 or 3 on 1 duels (Amber & co.), until two people in trench coats came and did just that.

[center]***[/center]

[left]One of trench coats drew a card. Between them, the trench-coated people had 7700 shared Life Points an Athena (ATK 2600 / DEF 800), a Tethys, Goddess of Light (ATK 2400 / DEF 1800), a Sanctuary in the Sky as a Field Spell, a Chaos Hunter (ATK 2500 / DEF 1600), a Gattling Ogre (ATK 800 / DEF 800), and 2 face-downs. Greg, meanwhile, had 4 face-downs, a lone Steelswarm Gatekeeper, and 3700 Life Points.[/left]
[left]"I normal summon Warrior of Zera," said one of the trench coats. A muscular warrior dressed in green armor and a mask carrying a sword appeared out of a glowing hole in the ground. "Then I tribute it to Special Summon Archlord Zerato." The warrior glowed green, growing in size. The light then faded, revealing a purple-skinned, masked caped warrior (ATK 2800 / DEF 2300). "I'l activate my Archlord's eff-"[/left]
[left]"I activate my Trap Card!" Interrupted Greg. "Divine Wrath! I discard Steelswarm Scout to negate the activation of Zerato's effect and destroy it." As the boy placed Steelswarm Scout in the graveyard, a storm gathered overhead, marring the usually clear skies of the Sanctuary. A bolt of orange lightning then shot down from the clouds, destroying Archlord Zerato. The storm soon ended. "Damn," the trench coat muttered under his breath. "I end my turn."[/left]
[left]"My turn, then." The second trench coat drew his card, and a glowing 89 appeared on his hand. "[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrDCU8aNyxk&feature=relmfu"]I overlay my Level 7 Athena and my partner's Level 7 Chaos Hunter! Xyz Summon - Number 89: Paintman![/url]"[/left]
[left][spoiler=Number 89: Paintman][/left]
[left][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/36773.jpg[/img][/left]
[left][spoiler=Lore]2 Level 7 monsters[/left]
Once per turn, you may detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; change the Attribute of 1 monster you control. Then, depending on the Attribute, activate 1 of these effects:
●FIRE: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap card your opponent controls.
●WATER: Gain Life Points equal to the ATK of the monster affected by this effect.
●WIND: Once per turn, when the monster affected by this effect would be destroyed by Battle, it is not destroyed.
●EARTH: You take no Battle Damage this turn.
●LIGHT: Look at your opponent's hand.
●DARK: Shuffle your opponent's deck.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

A long-haired elf dressed in wooden armor and worker's pants holding a can of spray paint and paint brush rose out of a spiral-shaped galaxy-colored portal (ATK 2600 / DEF 1300).
The second trench coat continued. "I activate Paintman's effect! I detach 1 Overlay Unit to change the Attribute of one monster we control. I choose LIGHT Attribute." One of the orbs orbiting the Number card went into it's brush, the paint on which began to glow yellow. "And I choose to make Gattling Ogre LIGHT." The number painted the adjacent Gattling Ogre yellow. "Due to my Paintman's effect, I can look at your hand." A screen showing the cards in Greg's hand (Darkswarm Reshef, Steelswarm Cell, Steelswarm Girastag, Infestation Tool) appeared before both trench coats. They pondered the screen for a second, then both tapped it, and it closed. "Now, Tethys, Goddess of Light, attack Steelswarm Gatekeeper with Shine Bolt!" The goddess glowed with blinding light, and she flew down at the gatekeeper.
"Won't be enough! I activate my Sakuretsu Armor!" Greg said, pressing a button on his Duel Disk. An animated, fiendish-looking suit of metal armor appeared and flew at Tethys. The two collided, and both were destroyed.
The second trench coat growled. "Fine then. I attack Gatekeeper with Paintman! Go, Color Bottle!" Number 89 shot multiple beams of paint of it's spray can at the Steelswarm.
"I activate Negate attack!" The Steelswarm's owner countered, pressing another button on his Duel Disk. A red-and-blue whirlwind appeared in front of Steelswarm Gatekeeper, absorbing the paint beams and vanishing.
"Then I activate my partner's Ogre's effect!" shouted the second trench coat. "I destroy 2 of my face-downs to inflict 1600 damage!" The ogre shoot two rounds of bullets from it's minigun at Greg.
"Agh!" Greg cried. [GREG LP:2100]
"With that, I end my turn." Finished the Trench Coat.
"[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zPF3pjRw2g&feature=related"]Draw,[/url]" began Greg. "I activate the Magic Card Double Summon. This lets me normal summon twice per turn. I Normal Summon Steelswarm Cell. Then I use the effect of Double Summon and tribute it to Normal Summon Steelswarm Girastag." A large, armored silver-colored humanoid with a cannon for an arm took the place of Steelswarm Cell (ATK 2600 / DEF 0). "Then I activate the effect of Darkswarm Reshef in my hand. By returning 1 Level 5 or higher Steelswarm or Evilswarm monster to my hand, I can Special Summon it." The Girastag shattered into glowing purple glass, which reformed to the shape of a black-caped, hooded, humanoid insect, with armor made out of bones. "If I Special Summon it this way, it's Level becomes equal to the monster I returned to my hand to Summon it." (Reshef Level 4 -> 7)

[spoiler=Darkswarm Reshef]Darkswarm Reshef
DARK
Lv.4 / Fiend / Dark Tuner
ATK: 0 / DEF: 0
You can Special Summon this card (From your hand) by returning 1 face-up Tribute Summoned "Steelswarm" or "Evilswarm" monster you control to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned by this effect, it's Level becomes equal to the monster returned to your hand by it's effect.
[/spoiler]
"Level 7 Dark Tuner Darkswarm Reshef tunes Level 4 Steelswarm Gatekeeper!" A glowing purple outline demon mask that also resembled a claw or beetle appeared on Greg's left hand. The Darkswarm monster exploded into purple stars, which slammed into Steelswarm Gatekeeper, destroying it and revealing 4 glowing green stars, which the purple stars absorbed. "Hide the innocent from darkness, and banish the evil to eternal night...[i][b]DARK SYNCHRO! APPEAR, DARKSWARM INFICO![/b][/i]" Greg shouted. The glowing purple stars combined and formed a beam of purple light, from which a creature made of bones whose frame was held with swirling smoke, which seeped out of the monster in several places, appeared, it's eyes glowing red (ATK 2450 / DEF 0).
[spoiler=Darkswarm Infico]Darkswarm Infico
DARK
Negative Level 3 / Fiend / Dark Synchro
ATK: 2450 / DEF: 0
1 "Darkswarm" Dark Tuner monster - 1 non-tuner DARK monster
[i]To Special Summon this card, subtract the Level of a Dark Tuner monster from the Level of 1 other monster you control; the value must equal the Level of this card.[/i]
When this card is Summoned: Detach all Xyz Materials from all non-DARK-Attribute Xyz monsters on the field. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls and discard 1 card; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the targeted monster's Rank x 300.
[/spoiler]
"[b][i]Now,[/i][/b]" Greg began, a distorted and sadistic voice speaking at the same time as his own. "[b][i]When Darkswarm Infico is Summoned, all Overlay Units from all non-DARK Xyz Monsters on the field are detached.[/i][/b]" The last orb orbiting Paintman faded away. "[b][i]I activate my Infico's second effect. Once per turn, I can discard 1 card, and target 1 face-up Xyz Monster on the field. You take damage equal to it's rank times 300." [/i][/b]Smoke shot out of various openings in Infico's torso, going through Paintman and into both Trench Coats, dealing 2100 points of damage. [TRENCH COAT DUO LP: 5600]
"[b][i]I activate my final face-down: Insult to Injury. When you take damage, I can draw 1 card for every multiple of 1000 damage you took." [/i][/b]
[spoiler=Insult to Injury]Insult to Injury
Trap / Normal
When your opponent takes damage, either by damage or by a card effect: Draw 1 card for every multiple of 1000 damage they took.
[/spoiler]
"[b][i]Lastly, I'll activate a quick-play Magic Cards from my hand - Bezerk Rush. For the cost of Bezerk Rush, I pay 2099 Life Points. [/i][/b][Greg LP:1] (Darkswarm Infico ATK: 2450 -> 4549)
[spoiler=Bezerk Rush]Bezerk Rush
Spell / Quickplay
Pay any number of Life Points; Target 1 face-up Attack Position monster you control. This turn, that monster gains ATK equal to the number of Life Points you paid. During the End Phase: You take damage equal to the number of Life Points you paid to activate this card.
[/spoiler]
"[i][b]Supreme Diablos." [/b][/i]Infico's eyes glowed purple, and smoke seeped from his torso and made a gauntlet around his right arm, and threw threw a punch at the Number, destroying it [TRENCH COAT DUO LP:3651].
"[b][i]This is your last glimpse of this world. Enjoy it. I activate the Quickplay Magic Card - Roach Rush. I banish all "Swarm" monsters in my grave. 1 "Swarm" monster I control can attack twice per Battle Phase. [/i][/b]
[spoiler=Roach Rush]Roach Rush
Spell / Quickplay
Banish all "Swarm" monsters in your graveyard. This turn, 1 "Swarm" monster you control can attack twice per Battle Phase. Destroy the monster affected by this effect during your Main Phase 2 and pay Life Points equal to the ATK of the monster affected by this effect.
[/spoiler]
"[b][i]Infico. Destroy their Ogre, would you?[/i][/b]" Infico happily obliged, and slammed his indomiatable fist down at Gattling Ogre, destroying it. A wave of smoke washed over the Trench Coats.
"NOOOOOO!" They shouted, in unison. When the smoke cleared, all that remained was their Duel Disks, 1 Heart Piece (It was all Greg had bet against them), and Number 89: Paintman. Greg walked over to their remains, picking up the Heart Piece and Number card. He looked over both of them briefly, and fainted.

Seth looked over his shoulder as he realizes that his comrade had won his duel, but passed on out the ground.

[color=#000080]"Hmph.. So a number Duel takes that much out of ya huh... Figures..." [/color]Seth looked over to James, and tapped his foot impatiently. [color=#000080]"Hey kid...? Think that maybe you can speed things up a bit here..? My buddy over there needs a little assistance."[/color]

[color=#ff0000][i]"Why do you care if anything happens to that weakling?"[/i][/color]

[i][color=#000080]"Because that 'weakling' has two numbers now... He is bound to be useful at one point or another. Especially when it comes down to taking care of Amber's companions.."[/color][/i]

Leon loosened up a bit as he heard Amber cheer for him - [color=#800080]"Heh, thanks Amber. I don't wish to lose Sonya at this point."[/color]

[i][color=#008080]"Zebby is also cheering for you."[/color]
[color=#800080]"Really? Thanks, Zebby...emm, Zebulos, sir."[/color][/i]

While Leon waited for his opponent to take his turn, he looked at Amber. She was distracted, glancing to a beautiful girl sleeping on a nearby bench.

[i][color=#800080]"I knew it! She plays by the other side!"[/color][/i]
[i][color=#008080]"Maybe she's concerned about a possible Number Hunter, baka. Besides, WHY ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT THAT WHILE YOU DUEL!!!???"[/color][/i]

[color=#008080][i]"Sorry if Amber seems a bit distracted.. A young man by the name of Josep went to challenge someone to a duel and asked Amber to keep an eye on Sleeping Beauty over there. So she kind of keeping an eye on everyone at the moment. Multi-tasking I believe it is called.."[/i][/color]

[b]"Hmm.. It doesn't seem like anyone is going to mess with her.. She should be okay.. but still, I was trusted to keep an eye out.. So that's what I gotta do."[/b] Amber looked over to Leon [b]"Don't lose Heart Leon! You and Sonya can win this thing!"[/b]

[color=#800080][i]'Huh, looks like he's targeted Hieratic Seal of Reflection,'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea noted, as she saw a mystical wind that had materialized from nowhere in particular and surrounded the card in question, [/color][color=#800080][i]'Screw it, I'll activate it anyway. Like it'll do any harm...'[/i][/color]

[color=#800080]"Go, Hieratic Seal of Reflection!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea called, [/color][color=#800080]"I sacrifice my Gebab to negate your paltry Mystical Space Typhoon. And don't think that was for nothing; when Gebab is sacrificed, I can summon a Hieratic Normal Monster to take its place, and while that may [i]sound[/i] like I'm spoilt for choice, I only really have one option. Summon Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord in Defense Mode!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Gebab was gone. In its place was a gargantuan yellow sphere, projected to be high in the sky. The sphere appeared to be completely immobile, but the projectors in Aivea's Duel Disk shaded it blue to signify it was in Defense Position.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Dragon-type/LIGHT/Level 8/0 ATK/0 DEF[/b][/color]

Archived