Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

Rai grinned. Now it was his time. Nobody else’s. His arms rose high into the air and the wide grin in his face started to shrink into nothing more than a smug smile. The Number 91, brimming with yellow light, materialized onto his forehead. An invisible strong wind had begun to form around him, and his cloak was swept high.

“Did you notice something? All my Gadgets are [b]Level 4[/b] monsters. And I have five of them.” He told Aivea. “Now, what can I do with all these monsters? I can, ya’know, overlay them for two ordinary Xyz Monsters onto the field with them and crush you. [i]Or,[/i] I can [b][i]overlay all of them[/i][/b] for one single Xyz Monster! [b]AND THAT I WILL DO! I OVERLAY ALL FIVE LEVEL FOUR GADGETS!”[/b]

By now, currents of electricity were starting to form around Rai, similar to a Super Saiyan 2, although his hair didn’t go golden and spiky. Sounds of static could be heard from the air, and the temperature grew hotter. Rai began laughing, before he started to chant something.

[center][i]“Let these five units open up a path to the astral universe, and collide with shocking thunder! [b]Xyz Summon! The lightning bolt of Jupiter, materialize now! NUMBER 91: THUNDER SPARK DRAGON!!!!!”[/b][/i][/center]

As Rai chanted, his attitude then shifted from a highly energetic personality to a calm one, and his arms fell, as did his face. For a moment, around Rai and Aivea, the scenery warped into that of outer space, they were standing on a whirling galaxy platform, and the five Gadget monsters turned into five separate orbs of condensed electrical energy, entering the galaxy platform as Rai himself stacked all five of his monsters on top of each other, before slapping a space-themed card on top. As he did, the Number 91 formed completely onto his forehead, and the electrical currents around him intensified.

Suddenly, there was a beam of light, blinding Aivea, and when it disappeared, they were both back to their original location, but so far there was only a large orb of electrical energy above Rai with five smaller ones circling around it. But then the large orb began to change shape, warping until it resembled the combination of both an electrical eel and a dragon. The number 91 was on the left side of its own head. It then cried out a sound which resembled lightning, and anyone close by who had their D-Gazer on could hear this sound of lightning. Especially Aivea. (ATK 3400)

[spoiler=Thunder Spark Dragon (revamped)]
LIGHT/Thunder/Xyz/Effect/ATK 3400/DEF 3000
5 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, you can either detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to destroy 1 card on the field and inflict 500 damage to your opponent, or detach 3 Xyz Materials to destroy all other monsters on the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to negate its destruction. While there is no Xyz Material on this card, it can declare an attack twice during the same Battle Phase. When this card is removed from the field, inflict 1000 damage to both players.
[/spoiler]

[b]“Hello, Aivea.”[/b] Rai said, in a deep voice that was not his own. His personality had taken a sudden dramatic change, now he was calm, composed, patient, standing normally, unmoving. [b]“I believe I haven’t introduced myself to you yet. [i]I am Thunder Spark Dragon.”[/i][/b]

Whether Aivea replied or not, the Rai-possessed person continued on. He looked at his monster, or rather his personification, the Number monster, which was moving around a lot, circling and flying around but still within the duel field. If one looked deep into its eyes . . . was that Rai controlling it?

[b]“Here the real battle begins, Number girl.”[/b] Rai-91 stated. [b]“I’ll start off my first move, activating my own effect; by detaching an Xyz Material from myself, I can destroy one card on the field and inflict 500 points of damage to you. And that card will be your Field Spell, Hieratic Seal of Resilience.”[/b]

Rightaway, the Thunder Spark Dragon’s mouth opened and a lightning bolt shot from it, hitting the Field Spell around them and destroying it. A small electrical shock, a real one, appeared out of nowhere and hit Aivea as it did [i](Aivea LP: -500 assuming no response).[/i]

[b]“I would have destroyed one of your monsters instead, as it’s a more effective solution, but I’ve taken your Field Spell into account and decided that it is the greater threat. With my large amount of Life Points, the effect of your Field Spell shouldn’t be capable of inflicting too much damage onto me. And with its disappearance, your monsters are now rendered mortal.”[/b]

He didn’t grin, as he would’ve had he been Rai, but he was still confident. Tiny electrical currents still flowed around him, and they formed together to create a shield as the effect of Hieratic Seal of Resilience hit damage onto them (Rai LP: 4900 – Eset 1200/2 = 4300). [i]((assuming Aivea used Eset’s DEF, if not, just pretend it’s higher or lower))[/i]

[b]“Your face-down is of no threat to me due to my other effect,”[/b] Rai-91 said, and then he pressed a button on his D-Pad, calmly, not bothering to do any unnecessary pointing or laughing. [b]“Thus, I will declare an attack. You have two monsters, a Sun Dragon Overlord in defense and an Eset in attack. Naturally, if I want to inflict any damage, I’d attack Eset.”[/b]

The Thunder Spark Dragon then flew over close to Eset, before shooting a second lightning bolt at it from point blank range ([i]Aivea LP: -2400, assuming no response).[/i]

[b]“All your efforts are in vain, little girl. Surrender now and allow me to consume your Number without agony, or suffer the fate of those struck by lightning. I set a card. Turn end.”[/b]

Rai LP: 4300
Hand: 2 (one is an added Yellow Gadget)
Field: Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon (ATK 3400)(4 OU)
S/T: 1 set, Ultimate Offering

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#800080][i]'You've [b]got[/b] to be f***ing with me,'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea could only watch as the Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon was summoned, eyes wide open as if they had an expression of fear, [/color][color=#800080][i]'But... NO!! I'm [/i][/color][i][color=#800080][b]not[/b][/color][/i][color=#800080][i] gonna pretend to be afraid of that thing! That's just impossible! So what, it has 3400 Attack Points? That should be plenty; as long as he doesn't destroy Bye Bye Damage, I can still [/i][/color][color=#800080][i][b]kill[/b][/i][/color][color=#800080][i] that son of a b****. All I have to do is activate it, then summon Heliopolis on [/i][/color][b][color=#800080][i]my[/i][/color][/b][i] [color=#800080]turn and...'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Her train of thought was interrupted when this... Rai person had declared the destruction of Hieratic Seal of Resilience. She wasn't worried about that at all; in truth, a smirk had been shown across her face despite the fact she took slight damage.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Aivea's LP: 4000 --> 3500[/b][/color]

[color=#800080][i]'[b]Or[/b] let him do that, that works too,'[/i][/color] [color=#000000]Aivea thought, now certain of her victory. The burn damage took off a slightly [i]larger[/i] chunk of Life Points from her opponent, but he seemed to shrug it off. Not that it mattered any more; if that Number 91 even [i]dared[/i] to attack Eset, Bye Bye Damage would deal more than enough damage to finish him off once and for all.[/color]

[b][color=#000000]Rai's LP: 4900 --> 4300[/color][/b]

[color=#800080]"Pah, you think my face-down is no [i]threat[/i] to you?!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea scoffed as the man declared his attack despite the face-down Bye Bye Damage, [/color][color=#800080]"Well I've got news for you; I [i]win[/i] this stupid duel! Bye Bye Damage, ACTIVATE!!"[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=Ignore Upon Response]The blast of lightning exploded all over the battlefield, engulfing both duelists. Aivea braced for impact, and screamed in pain as though the attack dealt [i]real[/i] damage, pure electricity coarsing through her veins. As per the effect of Bye Bye Damage, her opponent [i]should've[/i] suffered even greater pain, but she wasn't sure. She never saw [i]what[/i] happened. All she could see was white, and all she could hear, about from the lightning cackling around her, was her own scream.

[b]Aivea's LP: 3500 --> 1100[/b]
[b]Rai's LP: 4300 --> 0[/b]

Eventually the dust cleared, and Aivea still seemed to be standing. However, smoke could be seen pouring from her body. Her hair appeared frayed, each individual strand trying to separate itself from one another. Tears could be seen in her eyes, and jolts of static electricity would shock her there, forcing her to blink each time. She could barely see anything; by the time eyes could even be half-focused, the shocks would make her blink again, meaning she'd have to start re-focusing all over again.

However, she could only [i]imagine[/i] that her opponent had suffered worse. But she didn't care. She slowly began to walk over to the fallen duelist, still trying to fight the pain that she [i]herself [/i]was going through.[/color]

[color=#800080]"It's over..."[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea stated, panting and gasping for breath as she spoke,[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#800080]"Apparently... [i]apparently[/i] you've just... made this into an... ante duel. Now... hand over... your rarest card... and your Heart Piece... and step aside."[/color][color=#000000][/spoiler][/color]

(Neo: 6500 -> 4000) Thomas grinned at his opponent. [b]"Wondering why I only took 2500 damage? When you played MST, I chained my set Damage Diet, halving the damage I take this turn. Nice of you to have us start with 8000 Life Points, by the way. Now I have some room to spare. Anyway...draw." "[/b][i]I have to be more careful now...I could've just lost this duel. And that can't happen. I don't want anybody under the control of something like Shark Drake...speaking of him, he hasn't come up at all during the duel...I don't like that. But for now, just focus, Thomas. Focus on winning." [/i][b]"I activate Reinforcement of the Army! I add Masked Hero Shine, and summon it. (ATK: 1800)" [/b]This guy was taller than the other normal Masked Heroes, and his suit was white and yellow.

[spoiler=M-Hero Shine]
Masked Hero Shine
LIGHT/Warrior
Vanilla
1800/1400
[/spoiler]

[b]"Then, I activate Transformation Recharge! I can add a Mask Change card from my Graveyard to my hand!"[/b]

[spoiler=Transformation Recharge]
Transformation Recharge
Normal Spell
Target one card in your Graveyard with "Mask Change" in its name; add that target to your hand.
[/spoiler]

[b]"And now...Shine, take down King's Knight!" [/b]Shine jumped into the air, and came down at the Knight with it's fists extended. [b]"Got a response?"[/b]

[color=#800080]"8000 Life Point duels are the best..."[/color] - Leon could only witness as his King was taken down by another superhero - [color=#800080]"No response, please continue."[/color]

[color=#008080][i]"Leon, you could activate your face-downs..."[/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"That's what he wants. He wants me to use all my cards, so when he summons his Number I'm left with nothing."[/color][/i]
[color=#008080][i]"Do you plan on summoning me?"[/i][/color]
[i][color=#800080]"Depends on his next play. Besides, he just got Mask Change, so he's gonna attack again for sure."[/color][/i]

(Leon: 8000 -> 7800) [b]"And next, as I assume you've figured out...I play Mask Change! Shine transforms, into Masked Hero Sunstorm! (ATK: 2200)" [/b]After the usual transformation sequence, Thomas was left with an even taller warrior on his field. It's suit was of the same colors as Shine's, but this one had a cape, and his face was obscured because it was glowing. A nimbus of light energy circled his hands.

[spoiler=Masked Hero Sunstorm]
Masked Hero Sunstorm
LIGHT/Warrior/Fusion
When this card is Fusion Summoned, if your Life Points are lower than your opponents: This card gains ATK equal to the difference, until the end phase.
2200/1000
[/spoiler]

[b]"Now, Sunstorm's ATK becomes 6000 for this turn due to it's effect!" [/b]The energy around Sunstorm's hands expanded, to wrap around it's entire body.[b] "Now go! Smash Jack's Knight to pieces! Solar Supernova!" [/b]A wave of light flew from the hero, washing over Jack's Knight. (Leon: 7800 -> 3700) [b]"Now then, I'll set one card and end my turn. Sunstorm's ATK returns to 2200."[/b]

Neo's status:
Life Points: 4000
Field: Masked Hero Sunstorm (ATK 2200), 1 s/t
Hand:1

[b]"Ugh, it appears as though I had made a miscalculation. I should've destroyed the trap card."[/b] Rai-91 muttered under his breath. The attack of his Thunder Spark Dragon then took a turn back towards himself. If it succeded, he would take 4800 damage, even though his Life Points were only 4300, and lose this duel. And yet, although he wasn't really expecting this, he knew he would pull through. [b]"But I will survive this turn. I activate the Quick-Play Spell Card from my hand, [i]Emergency Provisions[/i]. This allows me, by sending any other Spell or Trap card on the field to the graveyard, to gain 1000 Life Points for each one! Since there's only the Continuous Trap called Ultimate Offering, I'll send that away."[/b]

The continuous trap card on his field then was converted into green energy, which proceeded to envelop the possessed Rai and increase his Life Points (LP 5300). After that, a powerful bolt of lightning suddenly appeared from Aivea's side of the field, due to Bye Bye Damage's effect, but before it could connect with him he thrusted his two hands forward in a pushing position, and they took the entire blast.

The lightning strike pushed him back a couple of feet, but much more importantly than that, the gloves of his superhero costume had been disintigrated and destroyed, revealing the robotic hands underneath, and revealing that Rai - or at least his hands - was a cyborg. [b](LP: 500)[/b]

[b]"How dare you defy me."[/b] The possessed warned Aivea, in a calm and simple tone. He still tolerated her, even though she had pushed him into a corner and wasted his surprise. He continued on with his turn, before ending it. [b]"Any mercy I might've given you is now gone. Now go on then, it's your turn now."[/b]

[color=#800080]"Okay, now I'm reacting, activate: Negate Attack!"[/color] - as the wave of light from the hero was shot, a barrier protected Jack's Knight, and ended the Battle - [color=#800080]"You are one tough guy. I believe I could overplay myself this time...draw!"[/color] (2 cards in hand) - [color=#800080]"Yeah, I'm gonna play this thing. I activate my face-down Polymerization! I fuse my Queen's Knight and Jack's Knight with my King's Knight in my hand. Fusion Summon, Alkana Knight Joker!"[/color] - the three monsters merged, and a long haired monster in black and golden armor was created. (3800/2500)

[i][color=#008080]"You said you didn't have him! You could have summoned ME!"[/color][/i]
[color=#800080][i]"Against this guy, that would have been a bad idea."[/i][/color]

[color=#800080]"Attack! Royal Flush!"[/color] - the fused monster jumped, and swung his sword in the air, creating a wave that traveled to Sunstorm, cutting him in two.

[color=#800080]"Now I'm done."[/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]
Life Points: 7800
Field: Alkana Knight Joker (3800/2500)
Hand: 1[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Greg woke up in the middle of nowhere. Or space. Or both. But that's beside the point. It was basically just a black...[i]void[/i], you could say.
"Agh, my head is pounding..." Greg began, then looked around. "Where [i]am [/i]I?"
[i][b]Hello...[/b][/i]began a voice.
"Great. Random explainable voice in the middle of nowhere." The voice chuckled.
[b][i]Anyway, I've come to offer you certain...Responsiblites.[/i][/b]
"And why would I want that?" Greg asked of the voice.
[i][b]You have obtained Darkswarm cards recently, yes? [/b][/i]
Darkswarm cards flew out of Greg's pocket and appeared before him.
[b][i]I can give you more of those. You saw how powerful just two of them were before.[/i][/b]
"Interesting...go on." More Darkswarm cards appeared around Greg.
[i][b]This is a sacred power that has been handed down for generations. Use it wisely...[/b][/i]
The Darkswarm cards around Greg flew back into his pocket.
[i][b]However, there is one condition...[/b][/i]
"Though as much," Greg replied. "What is it?"
[i][b]Collect the Numbers. [/b][/i]And with that, Greg awoke with a start.

(Neo: 4000 -> 2400) As Sunstorm faded away, Thomas's trap was revealed behind it. [b]"Urgent Line! When a Masked Hero is destroyed, I summon another! Come forth, Masked Hero Fountain! (DEF: 1400)"[/b] The blue warrior appeared from a vortex, and crouched down in front of its owner. [b]"Now then...draw. I play Pot of Avarice! I return Phantom Magician, Bassols, Dian, Shine, and Synstorm to my deck and extra deck. Then, I draw two cards."[/b] [i]"Hm...I have 3 cards in hand now...but no Mask Change cards. Still, I can do something with this."[/i] He looked into Leon's eyes. [b]"Your Joker is certainly strong. However, with my hand, I can kill it right now! First, I play Shield and Sword, so Fountain has 1400 ATK, and Joker had 2500! Then, I summon Masked Hero Rekka (ATK: 1600) and put Fountain in ATK position!"[/b] The red Madked Hero joined his blue companion. [b]"And my last card is...Double Attack (Attack Union)! My Heroes combine their strength...and they have 3000 ATK to take down Joker!"[/b] The two men jumped forward, their fists smashing into Joker simultaneously. (Leon: 7800 -> 7300) Thomas nodded to Leon, telling him to take his turn.

Neo's status:
Life Points: 2400
Field: Masked Hero Rekka (ATK 1600), Maskef Hero Fountain (ATK 1000)
Hand: 0

James reluctantly allowed the destruction of his Wind-Up Knight. [b][color=#daa520]“I honestly expected for me to break the stall, but nevermind I can now start my comeback,”[/color][/b] he said drawing a card and going into a long pause.

He gave a small grunt when he heard Seth’s impatience. [b][color=#daa520]“I guess some duels are just boring, but I didn’t cause the massive stall…Anyway the effect of Different Dimensional Capsule activates, it is destroyed and the banished card is added to my hand,”[/color][/b] he explained as the sarcophagus exploded and a holographic card that was in it floated into his hand. [b][color=#daa520]“I think I will activate it now, Mystical Space Typhoon that will destroy your set card because your colosseum is no longer a hindrance to this duel,”[/color][/b]

[color=#daa520][i]‘I have to let him Xyz Summon but also give him a reason to Xyz Summon,’[/i][/color] James thought slamming a card down. [b][color=#daa520]“I Normal Summon my [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wind-Up_Magician"]Wind-Up Magician[/url] in Defence Position (600/1800)(Level 4) and activates my [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Zenmailfunction"]Zenmailfunction[/url] that allows me to Special Summon my Wind-Up Knight in Defence Position (1800/1200)(Level 4),”[/color][/b] he said as another toy emerged wearing a white and purple robe. [b][color=#daa520]“Zenmailfunction states that my Wind-Up Knight can’t be tributed or used for Synchro Summon, but it can be overlayed for Xyz Summon…I overlay my two monsters to Xyz Summon my [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wind-Up_Zenmaister"]Wind-Up Zenmaister[/url] in Attack Position,”[/color][/b] he said smirking as a large rocket figure toy appeared onto the field (1900/1500). [b][color=#daa520]“Zenmaister’s effect increases it’s ATK by 300 for each Xyz Material attached to it (2500/1500). Since I have Xyz Summoned, I activate my Face Down, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Effect"]Xyz Effect[/url] that will allow me to destroy a card on the field and I choose Boss Rush, leaving you with only one,”[/color][/b]

James smirk widened as he signalled an attack. [color=#daa520][b]“Your Face Down is destroyed and your swarming will hopefully be controlled with only one Boss Rush left, it will probably take a couple of turns. Wind-Up Zenmaister, attack one of your Big Core!”[/b][/color] James ordered as his rocket toy fired torpedoes at the large spaceship that exploded as the torpedo collided with the unprotected center (Seth: 3800 Life Points)(Hopefully). [color=#daa520][b]“I will now end my turn,”[/b][/color] James said patiently waiting for what monster will be the next of the swarm. [color=#daa520][i]‘Lets see if my Wind-Up Zenmaister is enough of a threat to make him strike it down,’[/i][/color]

[b]LP: 4000[/b]
[b][b]Deck: 35[/b]
[b]Hand: 2[/b]
[b]Monsters: Wind-Up Zenmaister in Attack Position (2500/1500)(Because of it’s 2 Xyz Materials)[/b]
[b]S/T zone: 1 Face Down[/b]
[b]Grave: 4[/b]
[b]Banished Zone: 0[/b][/b]

[color=#800080]"B-Baka Yaro! Not like I needed that stupid card...draw." [/color](2 cards in hand)

[color=#800080]"I won't do the same mistake as before. I set a monster and a face-down card."[/color]

[color=#800080]"Turn, end."[/color]

[b]LP: 7300[/b]
[b][b]Hand: 0[/b]
[b]Monsters: 1 Face Down[/b]
[b]S/T zone: 1 Face Down[/b][/b]

Palir staggered backwards when No. 91 was summoned. [i][color=#006400]That... Is that what the other Numbers are like? Such... such power...[/color][/i] He absently grasped his own No. 42 as he thought, once again causing '42' to appear on his left shoulder. [i][color=#006400]So much power that it might just be enough. I may not even need other Numbers if I can obtain this one.[/color][/i] Palir took a few more steps backward, tripping a little and letting go of his Number card. [i][color=#006400]...What was I just doing? Right, the Numbers. If I can figure out a way to keep his Number safely off of the field, I may be able to defeat him, assuming he wins this duel, of course. That dragon user, Ms. Kaiba, I'd have much more trouble against her...[/color][/i]

Thomas nodded at his opponent's move. [b]"Playing it safe for now, huh? Go ahead, I'm gonna keep the pressure on. Draw."[/b] He looked down at the new card. [i]"Another monster...not the best right now, but it is str-"[/i] Suddenly, he felt a huge force in his head, seeming to be squeezing his brain painfully. [u]"Will you look at that! All of the monsters you have are level four! I'm sure you know what that means...summon me, Neo! I can win you this duel!"[/u] Thomas gritted his teeth, and, ignoring Leon for the moment, closed his eyes and tried to push Shark Drake back. [i]"G-g-get...ou-out...of my...h-h-head..."[/i] [u]"Why would I do that? I'd really like to be summoned, you know. It would make me so happy...I'll even help you."[/u] Suddenly, Thomas looked at his field, and the Masked Hero Shine he had drawn was there, next to the other monsters. He felt his hand rising up against his will, saw his cards beginning to form the Xyz summon vortex. He closed his eyes again, then opened them forcefully. He yelled aloud [b]"No! I won't summon you! Cancel the Xyz summon!"[/b] The Masked Heroes returned to their normal state. But Shark Drake was still using all of his power to try and take over Thomas, so he decided he had to at least finish the turn, and hopefully get a break from the assault. [b]"Battle phase! Rekka attacks your monster, then Shine and Fountain attack directly! T-turn end!"[/b] (Leon: 7300 -> 4500)

Neo's status:
Life Points: 2400
Field: M-Hero Shine (ATK 1800), M-Hero Rekka (ATK 1600), M-Hero Fountain (ATK 1000)
Hand: 0

[color=#800080]"I don't [i]need[/i] your mercy," [/color][color=#000000]Aivea spat, [/color][color=#800080]"I know I can still win this... I've been counting cards the whole time. But you... [i]you[/i] have nothing that can stop me now. And it's all because you made some... [i]miscalculation[/i]... [/color][color=#800080]apparently. Enough of that... I draw."[/color]

[color=#000000]There was no denying that she had been weakened by the blast, but she continued to fight. She knew exactly what she was going to draw. The first card she drew was Advance Draw, which she played immediately.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Advance Draw..."[/color][color=#000000] she declared, [/color][color=#800080]"I sacrifice Eset... and then draw 2 cards. But first... I use it's effect... to increase its Level to 8. And then... when it's sacrificed... I can summon a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my Deck... in Defense Position."[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Hieratic Dragon of Eset's Level: 5 --> 8[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]She did as declared, and slowly peeled the two extra cards from her Deck. She didn't even [i]look[/i] at the first one, but the second one she had thrust inside the slots used to play Spells and Traps... once again without looking at it. As she did, a Blue-Eyes White Dragon came to her side, although it was hunched over from summoning sickness.[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Dragon-type/LIGHT/Level 8/3000 ATK/2500 DEF[/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]Blue-Eyes White Dragon's ATK/DEF: 3000/2500 --> 0/0[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Stamping Destruction... I still control a Dragon... so that Spell or Trap is destroyed... and you take the last 500 Life Points you have in damage..."[/color][color=#000000] Aivea pointed to the face-down card on the possessed man's side of the field.[/color]

[b]"A Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Interesting."[/b] The possessed Rai said, mostly to himself. He momentarily noticed the number '42' appear on the one, some kind of drifter or vagrant, watching their duel. He would confront that guy next, whoever he was. Then he prepared himself to counter Aivea's next move. [b]"As cheesy as it sounds, I anticipated this, for in retaliation, I activate the card Magic Jammer. By discarding a card from my hand, it allows me to negate your Stamping Destruction and your damage. I'll discard my Yellow Gadget, putting my hand to zero, but I'll survive."[/b]

His trap card then flipped open and Aivea's spell card was negated. Rai sent the last card in his hand to the graveyard.

[b]"You now have two Level 8 monsters on the field, so I know you are going to Xyz Summon a Rank 8 Monster."[/b] He then stated, all calm and confident. [b]"I admit you've pushed me into a corner, and now I have nothing left but my host to protect me. But no matter how powerful your Xyz Monster is, it cannot take Number 91. It cannot take down [i]me.[/i] So make your move. . . ."[/b]

He paused, taking into account her Blue-Eyes White Dragon. He didn't actually know if there was one, but any Blue-Eyes user was one to him.

[b]". . . daughter of Kaiba."[/b]

[color=#000000][b]Aivea Kaiba[/b][/color]

[color=#800080]"Who said anything about taking it [i]down[/i]?!"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea asked mockingly, a surge of power being projected in her voice, [/color][color=#800080]"And on [i]that[/i] note, how would [i]you[/i] feel... when that precious Number of yours decides to serve [i]me[/i]?! Well, you're about to find out; I activate Enemy Controller, sarcrificing Seal of the Sun to take control of it! Come to me, 91, COME TO ME!!"[/color]

[color=#000000]The Number 91 had shone brightly on Aivea's back. Electricity started to course through her veins, sparks flying around in her body. Flashes of lightning circled around her briefly, as her eyes were shown to have that gleam that signified that she was possessed, and her pupils had shrunk to about a ninth of their normal size. Aivea was shaking [/color][color="#000000"]uncontrollably, almost if she were shivering in the extreme cold, and her eyes wide open for the duration of her possession.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Now, wipe out the last of his Life Points!" [/color][color=#000000]Aivea screamed at the top of her lungs, [/color][color=#800080]"FINISH THIS!!"[/color]

[color=#000000][b]Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness[/b][/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, in the recesses of Akuma's mind, Gor[/color][color=#000000]z [/color][color=#000000]had brought Number 96: Dark Mist up to [/color][i]his[/i][color=#000000] height. He obviously wasn't very impressed with the spirit, anger and rage showing in his face as he glared at the him.[/color]

[color=#000080]"I'll ask you again: Where is the Number?!"[/color] [color=#000000]he asked spitefully.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"You're too late!"[/color][color=#000000] 96 spat in response, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"I sense that it's already been summoned. It's only a matter of time before one of the holder's opponents becomes foolish enough to attempt to take control of it for xirself."[/color]

[color=#000080]"Then that means..."[/color][color=#000000] Gor[/color][color=#000000]z dropped 96 onto the ground in his pause, [/color][color=#000080]"...that doom is at hand."[/color]

[color=#4b0082][i]'WHAT??!!'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Akuma mentally screamed, [/color][i][color=#4b0082]'[b]Surely[/b] [/color][/i][i][color=#4b0082]not!'[/color][/i]

[color=#000080]"I'm afraid so mistress, if only this [i]worm[/i] would..."[/color][color=#000000] Gorz was intervened by a gasp of horror from Akuma, followed by the cackling of multiple lightning strikes, in which all [i]three[/i] [/color][color=#000000]of the beings had heard.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"It has begun,"[/color][color=#000000] 96 stated, before aiming to address Akuma, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"If you value the humans' lives, then run... [i]run[/i] to the storm!"[/color]

As Aivea activated her card, Rai's body suddenly went silent. His eyes dilated and his head fell low. He was still standing, but he may as well have been a dummy. The body was empty; Rai's spirit was within the Number monster and the Number itself . . . was growing, fighting to get a grip on Aivea's mind. When she gave the command, the Number monster tried to resist, but an invisible force prevented it from not attacking. Reluctantly, it charged up a powerful orb of electricity, which was increasing in size by the second.

[i][b]Relax. Let me take control . . . .[/b][/i] Number 91 whispered into Aivea's mind. The Number's influence began to spread, trying to gain a grip on her mind. In its attempts, it began to latch off her knowledge and memories. [b][i]You are a Duel Champion, the youngest the world had ever known . . . . but ask yourself this, girl: is it enough? Even with your Hieratics and that pathetic Leviathan Dragon . . . even with your status as a 'Kaiba' . . . . will it be enough? Can you prove yourself to the world with just this? Can you . . . . . . oh? With just this, can you ever . . . . . . see your father again?[/i][/b]

The electricity that was running all across Aivea began to intensify, and Number 91 wasn't leaving anything to chance. It knew that this girl was much more powerful than Rai, and as Number 96 completed in the anime when Yuma took it from that random duelist, so could Number 91's own. With this girl, its power could shoot up far higher than anything previously witnessed by the dueling world.

[b][i]Join forces with me, and you'll be granted power far beyond your expectations. Lightning storms will obey your every command, and all your wishes and desires will come true. Imagine everything you'll be capable of. What do you say, daughter of Kaiba?[/i][/b]

Then the Number monster, with Rai within, fired a powerful and intense bolt of lightning at its own original body, knocking the the empty body off its feet and sending it many meters back, and reducing Rai's Life Points to zero. [b](Winner: Aivea)[/b] Thunder Spark Dragon then disappeared from the field and its consciousness transferred back to Rai, who groaned a bit. The only reason he had survived it at all was due to his cybernetic implants, and indeed parts of his superhero costume were disintigrated by it, revealing more cybernetic implants, although a few also showed ordinary human skin.

Despite this, however, the electrical, the sparks, and the lightning all still remained, and the number 91 was still glowing intensely on Aivea's back, creeping across her mind, growing, controlling, influencing, corrupting, and awaiting a response from her.

[color=#800080][i]'Leviathan Dragon?'[/i] [/color][color=#000000]Aivea questioned, [/color][color=#800080][i]'I completely forgot it was even in my [b]Deck[/b][/i][/color][i][color=#800080].[/color] [color=#800080]How the hell did...? Wait, what the hell am I doing? Thinking about a voice that I probably didn't [b]actually[/b] hear? Oh god... I must be losing my sanity!'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Suddenly, Aivea screamed in horror as the electricity inside her began to intensify. The sparks have gotten wilder, and some have even got into her eyes, which had started grow teary. What she was bewildered by was that, despite water being well known to conduct electricity, not even [/color][color=#000000][i]that[/i][/color][color=#000000] was causing her to feel pain in any way, shape or form. Something was wrong with Aivea; she knew that, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Maybe any witness could do that [/color][color=#000000][i]for [/i][/color][color=#000000]her.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Alright, alright, I can [b]hear[/b] you!'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Aivea finally admitted, [/color][color=#800080][i]'I um... I heed your call! There's just a few things I need to know, like... can you see into my mind?! How the hell can I hear you?! And most importantly, WHAT THE F*** IS HAPPENING TO ME??!!'[/i][/color]

The Number within was obviously annoyed by Aivea questioning it, but she didn't seem to be resisting either, which it supposed was a good thing.

[b][i]I am Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon[/i][/b], it said into her mind. [i][b]The moment you took control of me was the moment I transferred from my previous host to you. And now . . . . I AM WITHIN YOU, I AM WITHIN YOUR SOUL. I am speaking directly into your mind. And right now, as we speak, my essence is fusing with your soul. All Numbers share this same trait. The only thing left is for you to accept my offer. Do you want the world to know you? Do you want to see your father again? Accept me, and you shall attain power far beyond your imagination. . . so I ask again; what do you say, daughter of Kaiba?[/b][/i]

That had not been the outcome Palir had expected, though it wasn't surprising. Dragons tended to be powerful, but after Rai had summoned his Number, it had looked like it was over. However, Aivea had taken control of No. 91 and defeated Rai. Something else seemed to be happening now. The '91' that had appeared on Rai's forehead when he had played No. 91 had disappeared and now a faint glow was coming from behind Aivea. Also, as the Duel had ended, a shockwave had pushed Palir back, and appeared to have done much more than that to Rai. [i][color=#006400]Robot. [b]That's[/b] why I've been wary of you. But wait... not fully machine, are you?[/color][/i] Ignoring Aivea for a minute, Palir walked over to Rai, who appeared to be unconscious. Deftly stepping out of the way of a lightning bolt, he looked back at Aivea. [color=#006400]My business with... you will have... to wait, cyborg. Right now... that storm must... be stopped before... anyone else gets... hurt.[/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Wait... if [b]all[/b] Numbers could do that... fusing with soul thing... then why didn't [b]17[/b] do it?'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Aivea thought to herself, unaware that 91 could [i]probably[/i] hear that thought as well, [/color][i][color=#800080]'Is that because I just thought of it as a card, and refused to believe in the existence of its spirit? No, even if that [b]was[/b] the case, it... it's just the sane and logical thing to do. But 91... it's obviously taken a more active approach in making its presence known and... I probably [b]lost[/b] half a mind's sanity in [b]acknowledging[/b] [/color][/i][i][color=#800080]that presence.'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Aivea then began processing memories inside her mind... specifically ones of her trip to Egypt with Seto, and of the rift that opened underneath her feet the minute she picked up the Hieratics of the pedestal. It was likely these memories that stopped her from resisting 91's efforts, though by the looks of things, resistance would likely be futile anyway. Still, she couldn't exactly [i]fully[/i] embrace 91 either. For the longest time, she had [i]always[/i] thought that such truly joyful events as being united with one's loved ones after being thrown in another dimension could only happen in fairy tales, and while being world famous was possible, a world famous person could just as easily be hated by the world population rather than loved. Aivea was aware of that.[/color]

[i][color=#800080]'I'm sorry, I don't mean to doubt your words but...'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Aivea paused for a brief sigh, before continuing with her telepathic communication with 91, [/color][i][color=#800080]'...what you say you can do; that just sounds too good to be true... or even made [b]possible[/b] for that matter. But... if you [b]do[/b] want to lend me your strength, then please... show yourself.'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]She then closed her eyes and opened a palm of her hand, half-expecting 91 to suddenly materialize there in card form. Perhaps it [i]would[/i] appear from out of nowhere, but she wouldn't be surprised if it had vanished from its previous holder's deck.[/color]

Josep was walking along for a few moments, having felt bad that he had left Hannah behinds and..was honestly not thinking of going back, he was sure she would be happier if she was able to be with someone that could help her keep the comfortable lifetyle she had led until now. He also felt bad that he had left her with someone who was also busy with the tournament, Amber had more important things to do and he left his resposibility with her....he made a deal with himself, if he won his first duel with little more then a hitch then he'd go back and give them a chance, if not, then they wouldn't need him, it didn't take long before his walk got on someone's nerves....however that may be.

[color=#40e0d0]"look at this bozo....acting as if he's too good to even look up at all of us!"[/color] said the apparant leader of a small group of duelists, they all wore similar clothes, a team perhaps, but their leader was distinguished by his loud voice, the armband that said "number 1" and the now the target Josep was picturing on him. [color=#40e0d0]"so kid, you know what this is right? I'm calling you out you snide bastard, up with the duel disk, we're gonna throw down!"[/color]

"Well, this should be interesting, who knew I'd be dueling someone so retro.....whether or not I had a choice" Josep activated his duel disk and his opponent did the same, staring at how old fashioned his Duel disk was.

[color=#40e0d0]"The hell is that? that thing barely looks like it's even running, what is it steam powered? HA!"[/color] His partners all laughed along, forcefully, they didn't find it funny but would rather not go ahead and anger him, as such they just laughed along as he activated a rather newline Duelpad.[color=#40e0d0] "I'll take first move then!"[/color] he yelled without Josep's consent, but he didn't really care.

Opponent's turn:
The opponent drew his card, and looked at his hand quickly, his move already decided. [color=#40e0d0]"now then I think I'll start by setting one card face-down, then I'll go ahead and summon Cloudian - Acid Cloud!"[/color] he shouted as a green puff os smoke took the shape of a living funnel made of cloud, it did not have a nice disposition.

"honestly...I'm surprised, you don't look like the type of guy that would use Cloudians". Josep said with a slight smirk, only for his opponent to give him a look.

[color=#40e0d0]"The hell are you talking about, cards are cards and that's all there is to it".[/color]

"Oh.....and now I have a reason...." Josep watched as his opponent continued their turn, he had drawn his five cards and readied himself.
[color=#40e0d0]"With Acid Cloud summmoned he gains a Fog Counter, which he'll be able to use for his effects later, but for now, I activate Cloudian Squall, in my standby phase this'll give a Fog Counter to all cards on the field, soon enough things will get hazy for you, with that I'll end!".[/color]

[Spoiler=Turn 1 Opponent]
Life Points: 8000
Hand: 3
Monsters: Cloudian - Acid Cloud(500/0, 1 Fog Counter)
Backfield: 1 Face-down[/spoiler]

Josep took a deep breath and drew his card "Then I guess it's my turn....let's do this!" as his old school duel disk began to glow he looked at his and picked a card, looking at the field. "I'll start by summoning my Red-Eyes Wyvern! for once I'm not using him as fodder heh...." The small Dragon flew out and stretches it's wings boastfully, it's eyes glowing red as it got ready. "Enter battle Phase! attack Acid Cloud!" The Small dragon rushed and bit down on the cloud.

[color=#40E0D0]"Ha, my Cloudian can't be killed by battle and to prevent battle damage I activate my trap card Spirit Barrier! this prevents me from taking damage as long as I control a monster, looks like I'm impervious....ha!" [/color]The dragon was immediately tossed back toward's Josep's side.

"Dang.....oh well, I'll end my turn right there, do your worst". Josep let his head fall, he didn't know why he ended so easily...he did have more to do....but he wanted to see....something.

[Spoiler=Turn 1 Josep]
Life Points: 8000
Hand: 5
Monsters: Red-Eyes Wyvern (1800/1600)
Backfield: N/A[/spoiler]

After spending some time observing Duelists and their duels from a distance, the formally dressed boy moved on, satisfactorily convinced those particular players did not possess any Numbers. It would not do to waste his time and energy challenging players purely for their Heart Piece trinkets. Most Number duelists exhibited outward signs of their ownership of Numbers, or vice versa, and in many duels, they were driven to Summon a Number as quickly as possible. Therefore, the first Xyz Summon of a duel was often for a Number.

He navigated around the duels raging around him, observing not the Duels themselves, but the players. A Number liked to leave its mark upon its hosts, and a duelist more capable of wielding one without being controlled showed other symptoms, such as wild emotions, or their monster inflicting more damage than the usual AR monsters.

Speaking of damage...his eyes caught sight of a fallen duelist (Rai) with two other individuals (Palir, Aivea) standing nearby, one almost undoubtedly the victorious opponent. His green eyes narrowed briefly and he came over, noting warily that there was some sort of odd static storm nearby the scene of the ended Duel, again seeming to be involved with the winning opponent.

"What happened?" he asked, his tone and mannerisms immediately friendly and unassuming, yet his eyes concerned as he gazed upon the fallen duelist who seemed, oddly, to be part machine. That was...weirder than usual. His gaze focused upon the winner, silently memorizing her features. The amount of damage in the duel and a lingering effect...that was almost definitely the work of a Number. As for the other person standing closest to him, III took in his features as well. There was already a semi-familiar vibe surrounding this Duelist, the same vibe he experienced whenever he fought against a Number. Interesting...

Within Aivea's mind, Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon materialized, but somehow it looked different from before. More detailed. More [i]complete.[/i] It let out a cry that sounded like lightning, the number 91 glowing on the left side of its face. But its head moved forward and rested on AIvea's palm, a bit like what a pet would do. Even so, it wasn't interested in being a pet, and its design was starting to become more and more electrical by the minute. [i][b]I have appeared. Now surrender to me.[/b][/i]

Looking at the newcomer, Palir fielded the question. [color=#006400]A Duel between... these two happened.[/color] Then, thinking for a moment, he added: [color=#006400]The victor... who is the... one that is... sparking... took control of... her opponent's Number. The loser... who may be... a cyborg is... unconscious.[/color] He stepped out of the way of another lightning bolt. [color=#006400]I'd advise not... getting too close.[/color] With that out of the way, Palir took a closer look at the newcomer. Very formal clothes for a tournament, even compared to most other people. Palir looked between the sparking Aivea and the formally dressed newcomer, unsure of what to do.

Archived