Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [IC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

Kohakuchan19

[b]"Attention all Duelist! The Tournament is about to begin! Please enter through the Gates and await further instruction!"[/b]

[i][color=#4b0082]"Is that so... Well then, i guess this is where it begins..." [/color][/i][color=#000000]Yuki smirked after hearing the announcement. [/color]At the blink of an eye, Amber grabbed Leon's and left to the gates. [color=#4b0082]"Oi, oi! Wait for me, will you?" [/color][color=#000000]Yuki tried to keep up with Amber[/color] and Leon and eventually catched up with them. [color=#4b0082]"Seriously, both of you... I'm there too, you know." [/color]As Yuki said so, Phantom Blaster Maiden appears once again inside Yuki's head.

[b][i][color=#000000]"The things a man would do for the girl he loves... I didn't know you had real feelings."[/color][/i][/b]
[color=#4b0082][i]"Look, i told you to not interfere with my business, right?"[/i][/color]
[i][b][color=#000000]"Seriously, you're in love with Amber, right?"[/color][/b][/i]
[color=#4b0082]"And so what if i am in love with her?!" [/color]

Like Leon did a few moments ago, Yuki didn't say that in his head, he said it out loud in front of Amber and Leon. [color=#4b0082]"Ehh... I need to go to the toilet... See you later!" [/color][color=#000000]Embarassed, Yuki left the scene with an excuse of having to use the toilet. [/color][color=#4b0082][i]"Damnit! Damnit! Damnit![/i][/color] [color=#4b0082][i]Why did i say that out loud?!" [/i][/color][color=#000000]Inside the toilet, Yuki was banging his head on the wall for several times out of embarrasment. After calming himself down, Yuki came back to the other two. [/color][color=#4b0082]"Sorry for that... Ahahaha..." [/color]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amber actually had not heard Yuki over the crowd of people which was cluttering around the gate, People were inching through the gates like water through a funnel. Yacking all the while. She did however hear him say he had to use the Facilities and that he would return. During that time, She was listening to Leon talk to her, She admittedly was a bit disappointed, but that wasn't important now, right now, she had to concentrate of the tournament. When Yuki returned spoke to them once again, Amber simply turned to him, but still had a hard time making out what he had said over the crowd.

[b]"Hmm? What was that Yuki?"[/b] Amber asked looking at him as she spoke. She really had a thing for looking people RIGHT in the eye when she was talking. The only time she ever seemed to stare off into space was when she was communicating with her number. (Its not like she had anything to look at when she did) [b]"Sorry about that Yuki, this crowd is getting really loud so it's hard to hear!"[/b]

Zebulos heard Leon and responded by saying, [color=#008080]"[i]I[/i][/color][i][color=#008080]t fills me with joy to see her making new friends. However I must ask that you have some restraint until you get to actually know each other. And be more honest with your Number."[/color] [/i]

Off to in the distance. Seth and Greg were waiting to go through the gates. Seth seemed a bit annoyed that so many people were trying to go through the gate at once.

[color=#000080]"So disorganized... You'd think these people would know that when they say 'go through the gates' that they didn't mean ALL AT ONCE...."[/color]
[color=#ff0000][i]"Patience Boy, And don't be too loud either.. not unless you want to bring more attention to yourself."[/i][/color]
[color=#000080][i]"Stop worrying.. We have at least one ally, for the time being, of course he can leave any time he wants, I could care less if he sticks around."[/i][/color]
[i][color=#ff0000]"You are very stubborn for a loner... and that's saying a lot considering most are stubborn in the first place. There is strength in numbers Boy, use this fool while you can."[/color][/i]
[i]"[color=#000080]Would you shut up..? I'm pretty sure that if this guy has numbers or Duel Spirits, that they can HEAR us talking if they wanted to... So clamp it!"[/color][/i]

Seth looked over to Greg and a mild grin. [color=#000080]"So! What brings you to this tournament? The prize? For fun?" [/color]

James walked towards the gate that he witnessed open slowly. James waited impatiently at the back of the ‘line’ as some of the crowd rushed through the gates like maniacs that were obvious not to be in the WDC for Numbers, only for fun. The crowd was progressing disappointingly slow and worse yet a noise swooped through the entire area that weakened group conversation. Suddenly, James saw his master, Omega approach him from behind. [b]“How’s the work kiddo?”[/b] Omega asked cheerful and deceptive but he knew nobody around them would hear and even then only those who have a Number would realize the code names, only to act suspicious around them.

[color=#daa520][b]“I have seen no Duelist using any of the special archetype you requested...I can’t believe they are making us wait,”[/b][/color] James moaned as he knew that was the characteristics he was to play in the hunt, to hunt the Numbers. The overexcited childish Duelist that nobody takes seriously because of his tendency of changing the topic every few seconds. [color=#daa520][b]“I feel so ecstatic on this Tournament; I hope we achieve the wish,”[/b][/color]

[b]“That is quite a mile away,”[/b] Omega then changed his expression to a disapproving serious expression. [b]“You should go and enjoy the World Duel Carnival while I catch up with you,”[/b] he said as James continued through the line as he barged through the crowd impatiently yet calm. Until he successfully entered the gate, excited to discover the tricks behind the WDC that is for everyone.

Leon felt embarrassed, to say the least. He had made a fool out of himself like never before. He shook his head, trying to think about something else, while Yuki mentioned needing to use the facilities. After he returned, Leon tried to grab on to him, as Amber held Leon, so they wouldn't split. - [color=#800080]"Gotcha man, sorry for that."[/color] - he turned to Amber - [color=#800080]"Why are there so many people here!? It was half as crowded a minute ago..."[/color] - Due to Leon's wide body build, he could make a path for him, Yuki and Amber to cross the gate safely. - [color=#800080]"Now we wait for instructions, right?"[/color]

[color=#008080][i]"Leon." [/i][/color]- Leon heard a high-pitched voice into his head.
[i][color=#800080]"Did Zebulos answer?"[/color][/i]
[i][color=#008080]"Yes. He is glad you are becoming friends with Amber, but he asks you to keep yourself on a leash until you actually know her. And to be a better person with me."[/color][/i]
[color=#800080][i]"Whatever you say m'darling. Zebulos, believe me I had no intentions of saying what I said out loud. And when I dragged her away, I wasn't going to say anything along those lines. I was kinda worried about this Number Hunters, and about how much of them seem to be here, and I just wanted to know how she felt about it."[/i][/color]

[color=#008080]"[i]Hmm... I see.. well.. needless to say Sir Leon, Anyone carrying a number good or evil should be wary of Number hunters.. Some aim to collect for their own selfish gain, while others are simply out to destroy us. The Boy you were speaking with before on the other hand.. he is a special case.. He seems to believe that ALL numbers are evil, that's why he's targeting you two now, he thinks you and Amber are in danger... Then again.. I suppose he's not entirely wrong in believing so, He's just not thinking on his own at the moment..."[/i][/color]

[b]"So what are you all in the Tournament for you guys? You in it to win it or what?"[/b] Amber asked seemingly out of nowhere.

[b]"Attention all Duelist! The Tournament is about to begin! Please enter through the Gates and await further instruction!"[/b]

Thomas, who had been leaning against the wall in a corner of the room, looked up as he heard the announcement. [i]"Finally...my legs were starting to cramp from standing here for so long..." [/i]He stood, and started to walk towards the gates. He walked along the wall, sticking near the back of the crowd. Of course, he still drew some stares, with his rather...distinctive outfit. He waved nonchalantly to the people looking at him. [b]"You know guys, it's not nice to stare at a guy, even if he is wearing a unitard. Restrain yourselves, ladies!" [/b]He chuckled to himself as the people looked away nervously. [i]"Ah...how I love messing with minds."[/i]

Amber was getting more and more excited as the three of them managed to make it though the gate without too much trouble. Once they finally made it through the gate, The sight she had now set her eyes on made her all the more excited. It was like one big outdoor auditorium but without the seats, instead it was like one big open area with a platform off to the center back area. Above them was a large glass dome of windows held together by frames. There were some plants, but most people would have paid more attention to the Tower that was ahead.

"[b]Wow... that Tower looks amazing from here!" [/b]Amber shouted out of excitement. [b]"I wonder if the Finals will be held there!"[/b]

Hannah smiles and huged Joseph, "[color=#800080]Honestly shes just going to slow me and joseph down. I'll let you eat her numbers later.[/color] " She thinks to Doomfire .

"[color=#ee82ee]Squee!!! Its starting k Lets goooo!!![/color] " Hannah says excitedly grabing Joseph and draging him twards the gates. "[color=#ff0000]I see, your choice is sound young one. [/color]"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[color=#ee82ee]Duel monsters?[/color] " The young Hannah says to Joseph as he shows her the cards.

"[color=#000080]Yes And every card has a story behind it, Every card is special. Just like you~[/color] " He says in a very comforting mannor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"[color=#ee82ee]I Cant wait to show you how much Ive grown! [/color]" Hannah says her arms wraped around his one arm.

When Leon crossed the gate, he found himself upon a magnificent sight: It looked like a seatless arena, with a wide platform where the proscenium would be. Above it, a dome of glass was held by metal frames. A giant tower stood ahead, calling upon the attention of every duelist. Amber was practically jumping out of joy, shouting much louder than Leon could tolerate, without triggering a migraine. - [color=#800080]"Amber, sweetie, not that I don't share your enthusiasm or enjoy seeing you happy, but you are bursting my ear drums here."[/color] - he messed Amber's hair a bit, and then looked up, to where the tower was. It was indeed, a magnificent sight. - [color=#800080]"Let's save our enthusiasm for the duels, shall we?"[/color]

Thomas walked through the gate, and took in the arena, the glass dome, and the tower. He grinned. [i]"This looks awesome... and it'll be good for really dramatic superhero entrances. I need to do more dramatic entrances..." [/i][b]"I completely agree." [/b]said a familiar voice. Thomas shook his head, and gritted his teeth. [i]"Get. The. Hell. Back. Down." [/i]He focused and attempted to shove the Number out of his head. [b]"Now, now...there's no need to be so pushy. I'd just like to ask...when the tournament starts, can you just summon me once? I'd be so helpful fighting other Numbers..." [/b][i]"You're not even trying are you. I know you'll be more powerful if I summon you." [/i][b]"True, I'm not. But whatever...eventually, you'll fall to me." [/b]And the voice faded. Thomas wiped his now-sweaty brow. [i]"I can't take much more of this..." [/i]He sighed, and crossed his arms to wait.

Jenna peered around at the surroundings as the crowd of participants gathered, as had been instructed. Her eyes flicked from person to person, gauging their strength and confidence. She was not worried about any of them. The feeling within her was that of absolute certainty, and try as she might to surpress it, her fighting spirit was rising to the surface. It was a pleasant feeling, a drive to enjoy a duel, yet triumph in the end. However, she forced herself to remain calm and impassive for now. There would be time soon for a match against these small fry.

Also present among the duelists was an adolescent male, observing the other duelists intently. Unlike the more casual wear many had chosen for the tournament, he was wearing more formal clothing, primarily a mix of bright red and white, matching nicely with his pale, almost pink, hair. His green eyes focused upon people in turn, as if looking for something that others could not detect. There was little doubt that several of the participants carried one or more of the infamous Numbers, and some may even have joined the tournament with the purpose of collecting them for their own agendas. The same as his family. His green eyes flickered for a moment, and he turned his face away briefly. Observation was his primary objective for now. But if he could be sure someone had a Number, he would do his best to take it from them. Such was his obligation. The tournament was just a means to an end.

[b]"Attention all Duelists! The Tournament is about to begin! Please enter through the Gate and await further instructions!"[/b]

Rai grinned widely. At last. As soon as he heard it, his body darted forward towards the gates, and er, he was the only one running. He almost crashed into a guy wearing a formal attire with pink hair, but managed to dodge him just in time. He stopepd in his tracks as he did, and the feeling inside him grew. this guy had a Number too, or was at least connected to them. He turned around to glance at the pink guy once more. He looked like a girl, really, but Rai put no attention to it. He memorized his face, and for a moment he just silent stood there, before running off towards the gate. Usually, with his speed he was the first, but because of that pause just then he lost the race.

Once he reached the gate, he burst through it, jumping out forward and letting his cloak flow behind. He jumped forward as if he were a hero jumping into a portal, a portal where the next season would be held. Then he landed on the other side, on his knees, and looked up. He took in the large arena, as well a dome of glass and a tall tower. He grinned. Here was where the Numbers would become his, here was where his precious little Number's power would be increased.

He got up from his knees, excited, but he contained himself. He and his Number couldn't exchange words, they were too much on different frequencies, but they could exchange feelings, and Rai knew that his Number was also at least partially excited. He grinned. It will all begin here, so it will also all end here.

Rai looked around, and he identified the Number wielders, one by one, among the crowd. The sweep inside the building had been timeconsuming, but fun. Since he had picked out more than six, he planned on challenging them all. Amber was one of them. The rest he didn't know the names of, but he would - soon enough.

As he looked around, he attracted a couple of stares. Maybe they were expecting him to run around the arena now too. But he wasn't going to do that. Instead, once the World Duel Carnival held here finally started, he would race straight towards the closest Number wielder. And in the unlikely event that he lost, he would be sure to collect another Heart Piece. One from an unsuspecting non-Number duelist.

Josep sighed as the announcement was made, not because he felt unready but because the whole area became so...serious, as if everyone had something that they were working so hard on that it went ahead and put precedence over the fun of the tournament. "Something tells me this is just gonna be another dud of a tournament...."

He had a happy face for Hannah, as he didn't want her to see him all gloomy and what not, but he couldn't help the feeling that this tournament was just another show of money and power for some duelists, something he detested...especially this whole "Number" thing he keeps hearing random people shout, and honestly, just the word "Number" was starting to piss him off. "heh, what if I beat them all......all these "numbers".......Ha!....yeah right, I honestly don't even expect to make it to the top 8 with all the duelists here....oh well, at least I'll have fun dueling....I hope".

Looking around the large crowd he looked for who his first opponent would be, he had thought of dueling Hannah for fun, but he decided against it, and was now looking to all the people that have shouted out "Number" this! and "Number" that! maybe just to test this oh so popular archetype.

As the Meeting area filled with many eager duelists, A man had entered the stage. He had orange framed glasses which had a fuchsia V at the bridge of the frame. His Hair was Green and was dressed in a fancy teal suit. He stood at the very center of the stage and began to speak.

[color=#006400]"Thank you ladies and Gentleman from all corners of the globe, for participating in this year's World Duel Carnival Tournament!"[/color] He said with a slight bow.[color=#006400] "My name is Mr. Heartland, and I will be your host during this tournament. I trust that everyone has their WDC ID and their heart piece yes?"[/color]

The crowd would cheer in response.

[color=#006400]"Very good then! I will then proceed to explaining the tournament's rules! First I shall explain your current Goal.."[/color]

Heartland held up an empty heart frame with one fragment and then held up another heart frame which was full.

[color=#006400]"As you may have noticed, the Hearts you obtained at Registration is incomplete.. You will require at 4 more pieces to complete your heart.. In order to do so, you must of course duel other duelists and wager your heart pieces once you collect all 5 you are eligible to advance on to the semi-finals. But once you loose all of your heart pieces, You are automatically disqualified from the tournament. From that point on you are welcome to linger with any friends you may have made.. Also keep in mind.. that the pieces you collect must FIT into the Heart Frame in order to gain access to the semi-finals. The Preliminaries will last Three days.. you all have until then to succeed!"[/color]

There was a pause in Heartland's voice

[color=#006400]"Now... For the ground rules.. I've only a few to bring up at this time... Number one... When a Duelist challenges you, you MUST accept the duel, otherwise you will be disqualified! and you must Wager at least One Heart Piece per duel. Any other wagers you make beyond that are up to you and your opponent. Every match is one on one, and There will be no back seat dueling. So those of you who have come in groups had best learn to sit back and watch.. Coaching will not be tolerated. There will be bouncers all over the City watching your every move... Which reminds me.. The Setting for the Preliminaries will take place throughout the entire city! But no dueling in THIS spot. This place is just for meetings!"[/color]

Heartland pulled out a switch.

[color=#006400]"And now... To start the WDC Tournament! [/color][color=#006400]MAY THE BEST DUELIST WIN!!" [/color]Heartland flipped the switch causing fireworks to go off in the sky, marking the beginning of the Preliminaries.

[b]"Wooow.. This is so exciting!"[/b] Amber said as she watched the fireworks. (she was a sucker for fireworks)
[color=#008080]"M'lady please pay attention...!"[/color]
[b]"But... they're so pretty..!" [/b]
[color=#008080]"Yes yes.. they are indeed M'lady, but the tournament has officially begun, you must focus People have already begun to scatter. We must head outside now."[/color]

The crowd began to scatter, and Rai was incredibly disappointed to find out that duels weren't allowed in this area, which was only for meetings. What was the point in the first place if this was what was going to happen? It bugged him, but he scattered with the rest anyway. He ran outside and looked around. None of the Number wielders he had identified were around. He had lost them. Annoying. He was impatient. But. He remembered that Amber, the girl, had hung around inside, she had yet to leave. He flashed a grin. He would just wait for her first. Outside, he tapped his foot as he waited for her to exit.

"It's about time!" Jenna grumbled, sweeping from the area along with the crowd of duelists, all eager to get things started. Any place in the entire city was an accepted location for duels, except where they currently were. Made sense, but a bit of hassle anyway. Her gaze swept those around her as she moved away from the meeting area towards the streets, still craving an opponent among them, someone she could properly fight against.

The formally dressed boy somehow had emerged from the area before almost everyone else, and unlike others who had been jostled around a bit in the semi-haste to leave the meeting area, his composure was still as calm and unhassled as before. He stepped back, leaving more room for those to exit, and as other duelists moved around and past his present location, he watched them closely. Many of them seemed like strong opponents, although he was a bit disinclined to face those without a Number. Heart Pieces were low priority to Numbers.

Walking with his arm locked with Hannah's they looked like a seemingly harmless couple, but even they looked out at all the duelists here, there was only one problem, they all had good reasons for being here, now his morality was actually getting to him, should he challenge any one that had a valid reason? It would be like him tearing away their chance at their goals. [i]"hmm, someone else could have a very important reason for doing this....damn, why do I care more about their wishes then my own?"[/i] he thought.

Unfortunately, this last little rant in his head in the benefit of others did not bode well with the voice in his head, he felt a sharp pain in the temples and for an instant he heard a roar in his subconsciousness. He had closed his eyes and held his head like a normal headache, but when he opened his eyes for just a second they seemed to flash to various colors, one representing each attribute, as if fighting for dominance, but they flash all in what seemed like just an instant. "woah.....headrush...."

Amber looked over to her friends and then to the Gate which they had entered from.

[b]"Alright Boys... Lets get this show on the Road!"[/b] Amber shouted cheerfully as she started to make her way out through the Gate.

[i][color=#008080]"M'lady.. Be wary... I sense Rai near by.. He's probably waiting for you to run out just to challenge you."[/color][/i]

[i]"I know.. but I can't just hide out. I'll have to take on whoever challenges me and win if I'm going to have any chance of being strong enough to defeat Seth..."[/i]

[i][color=#008080]"Very well M'lady... I will support you all the way!"[/color][/i]

[b]"C'mon you guys! get a move on!" [/b]Amber shouted looking back to Leon and Yuki.

James instantly became more and more excited as he heard the announcement of the WDC Preliminaries he has been waiting for long amount of time for this very moment to happen. He saw the main crowd populated with a vast amount of eager Duelists that immediately ran out the area. He slowly followed in the outskirts of the crowd, in hope of gaining knowledge about some Number Holders and to gain Heart Pieces quickly once he targets them individually. [color=#daa520][i]‘Let’s see how much of a challenge the average Number Holder will be, hopefully I will locate a Number Holder amongst the crowd. To think I was once like that, any Number Holders amongst them are foolish to succumb so easy to the demonic Numbers,’[/i][/color] he thought as he observed every Duelist in the crowd as they formed a circle in the streets of Heartland, in the centre of the public. James stared at them from a distance smirking widely.

As Seth walked out of the Building, possibly with Greg following close behind. Seth looked around for a suitable duelist to start off with.. Off to a distance he spotted someone out of the corner of his eye. He saw a young man, who was staring out at the crowd with a wide grin. (James)

[color=#000080]"hmmm... Perhaps HE might be interested..." [/color]Seth began to approach James with a smirk on his face [color=#000080]"Hey Kid...! Wanna Duel?"[/color]

Of course... Seth could have easily challenged Amber right off the bat if he wanted, but what fun would that have been.. He was waiting for Amber to find HIM anyway.

"YEAH!" Mikey and Blazey were running out into the city to find their duels, and the were completely synchronized. Twin powers? Who knows. They just did that kinda stuff. "So," Blazey said, "Who should I duel[i] first?[/i]​" Remembering that no duelist could turn down a challenge, she inspected everyone within the area to make sure she picked the right opponent. Mikey looked around too, following Blazey's gaze. He was also, of course, inspecting the crowd. "D'ya think will face any [i]Number Holders?"[/i] he said with a grin. Blazey shook her head. "They don't exist, bro. Numbers are just...urban legend." Mikey rolled his eyes. "I'm tellin'ya sis, they're real!" Blazey smiled. "Believe what you want," she said. "Lets go look for an opponent." "Too bad we can't tag duel someone," Mikey added. Blazey shrugged. "C'mon."

Thomas smiled at Mr. Heartland's opening speech. [i]"So we can't duel here...too bad. Oh well. Over the entire city, I'll be able to enter dramatically somewhere. Anyway..." [/i]He looked down at the Heart Piece in his hand. [i]"So this is all I've got...if I lose my first duel, it's all over. And the first guy I want to fight is him...that Number holder. Can I really beat another one of those cards...?" [/i]He shook his head.[i] "No. Don't think like that. Anyway...when I find him, he won't be able to turn down my challenge, so I won't have to use a D-Chain...good, that'll be easier. Of course if anybody challenges me before I get to him, I'll have to duel them...but I think I can beat some random duelist here." [/i]He started walking through the crowd, searching for the boy called Jason.

(This stupid freakingSite is pissing me off, it wont bring up the dam color options....)

Hannah looked at Joseph worriedly, But sudenly as they walk up they see the guard Hannah shoed off he looked down at the small girl towering over her she just looks up smiling as he has that familiar gleem in his eyes. He then waves his hand as 2 guards atempt to restrain Joseph, "We know what your here for Mis Drache, and we cant have you ruining this WDC." He says, Hannah smiles more and looks at him. "Ahh so many Spirits are here just like Doomy said! Dont worry I'll send you back home~ "

Hannah revealed a heart pice and the Guard did the same, "Lets solve this with card games! " Hannah smiled and looked down at her deck she was about to put in the volcanics but placed them away. "Hes not even worth your time doom fire... Lets give chavalier some fun~"

Hannah pulled out a Deck that seemed to glow a dark red, as she placed it in to her duel disck. she activated her D-Gazer and the Guard did the same as they said in unison, "D-Gazer set! Duel!"

Josep went ahead and was being held up by two guards...it was odd, he didn't even know when it happened, it was all after he had started seeing colors that he felt dizzy, only to feel himself getting picked up. "huh....this is interesting...." he looks around himself and feels them struggling, he just stood there, keeping his arms close to himself. "can....I ask what you two are doing?" he said as he stood up and let himself get held back without a fight, looking at Hannah about to duel.

"Chevalier? interesting, I don't think I remember that one". He looked at the field, his eyes back to normal, but they still looked tired, probably from all the mental trauma earlier.

After the announcement and the the tournament's catchphrase ([i][color=#006400]Really? "Heart Burning~"? That's the best they could come up with?[/color][/i]), Palir continued to look for the lightning kid he had a bad feeling about. He thought over his reasons for suspicion, after all, the kid could be just someone who thought their costume would be awesome to wear. He thought about the kid's almost unnatural amount of energy and how he had moved. Still not quite sure why he was uneasy, Palir continued to look while he also kept track of where that group he had seen earlier was going. Seems they had split up, or at least most of them had. Everyone had scattered, except...

Palir blinked, or at least blinked with the eye that still worked. Standing outside the gate, as if waiting for someone else, was the lighting kid. [color=#006400]Time for me... to find out... why I don't... like you.[/color] Palir approached Rai and had his hand ready to pull out his deck.

Archived