The Beginning of Light and Darkness [NA atm/Started/PG-13]

It's not exactly like Limit Breaks.. It was just as an example. Think of it how Blu said it.. Special Techniques. Lol. Like for an example of what a bandit might have.. He might have an ability that allows him to bend light for a few seconds to make himself invisible called something like Adelilia's Cloak.

As for Battlemage.. Well.. Hmm.. Maybe something about using allies' energy (with their permission of course) to charge up for an attack, kinda like a step-up integration and call it I dunno.. Asedririon's Burst/Slash/Whateverformtheattackwouldbe.

I'm open to just about anything as long as the abilities aren't better than the character themselves and isn't completely OP. Lol.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340432536' post='5961310']
Nope! Mine's not magical. She be a Knight/Knight! So that means Blu's character is a higher rank.. ;~;

---FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---
[/quote]

You can always do what [i]I'm[/i] planning to do with Noah and upgrade her into a Paladin some time in the RP ;)

Anyway, I want Noah to run magicks, even though she's a Necromancer. Can I do that, or am I just stuck with abilities?

Oh, and will there be dragons involved, other than the 6 elemental ones? I'm asking because I want Noah's bio to include her having killed a dragon... with help from a handful of warriors of course. Maybe 5 or 7.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340428323' post='5961272']
Also, everyone.. I noticed for everyone's abilities, they're kinda bland and not fantasy like.. SO~ Let's get creative people! Go ahead and update your apps if you want! Mine should be up in a few to show ya by what I mean by that~ [size=1]sorry for the delay of my app.. I feel so bad. ;~;[/size]
[/quote]
I made my character specifically regular. The fact that he didn't have a chance against all of these people with "special abilities" was supposed to be the point in the end. Of course, that doesn't mean that he's going to see all of these strong people and just give up!

I understand how you want characters to have more fantasy skills, but I can't see mine with the ability to change the amount of darkness in the room. He's just a dude. Granted, a very wealthy dude with much dude money and dude skills taught by his dude dad.

But I'm sure I can find a special ability for him if need be.

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1340441456' post='5961353']
You can always do what [i]I'm[/i] planning to do with Noah and upgrade her into a Paladin some time in the RP ;)

Anyway, I want Noah to run magicks, even though she's a Necromancer. Can I do that, or am I just stuck with abilities?

Oh, and will there be dragons involved, other than the 6 elemental ones? I'm asking because I want Noah's bio to include her having killed a dragon... with help from a handful of warriors of course. Maybe 5 or 7.
[/quote]
Ya could have have some charms that she got [i]from [/i]a mage that kinda works like magic that runs off of normal energy instead of magical energy. .__.
And dragons [i]might [/i]come in. Lol. As for her killing one.. Its fine as long as it was one that was troubling too many villages and what-not.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1340450296' post='5961373']
I made my character specifically regular. The fact that he didn't have a chance against all of these people with "special abilities" was supposed to be the point in the end. Of course, that doesn't mean that he's going to see all of these strong people and just give up!
[/quote]
Alright. Lol. I was just making sure that people knew they could get creative with everyone with the app.

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1340462998' post='5961427']
I understand how you want characters to have more fantasy skills, but I can't see mine with the ability to change the amount of darkness in the room. He's just a dude. Granted, a very wealthy dude with much dude money and dude skills taught by his dude dad.

But I'm sure I can find a special ability for him if need be.
[/quote]
Its fine if he's normal now, but I'm sure he's gonna learn a new trick or here as they travel the world for clues of the location of Votum.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340467531' post='5961454']
Ya could have have some charms that she got [i]from [/i]a mage that kinda works like magic that runs off of normal energy instead of magical energy. .__.[/quote]

Eh, I [i]did[/i] list that she had talismans in the "Other Equipment" field, so that's fine by me.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340467531' post='5961454']And dragons [i]might [/i]come in. Lol. As for her killing one.. Its fine as long as it was one that was troubling too many villages and what-not.
[/quote]

Does it matter if it was [i]purposefully[/i] set loose to attack the villages?

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1340501915' post='5961661']
Eh, I [i]did[/i] list that she had talismans in the "Other Equipment" field, so that's fine by me.
[color=#008080]Kk.[/color]

Does it matter if it was [i]purposefully[/i] set loose to attack the villages?
[color=#008080]Wut? PM me the details of what you mean.. As in if it was her that set it loose, etc.[/color]
[/quote]

[spoiler=A wild app appears!][b]Personal Info[/b]
Username: Quɛnn Aisu
Character's Name: Sophia (no surname)
Origins: Lympha
Class: Knight

[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/332/1/d/anne_lotte___coloring_practice_vector_by_isshi-d4hmi0u.png[/img]

Standing at 5'7", Sophia weighs in at about 195, including her armor and equipment. The one thing she is most proud about with her body is her hair that stops at her lower back. Speaking of her back, most of it is scarred due to a burn she received when she 3 years by a priest that went mad.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Sophia is a kind, but firm, person. Polite most of the time, the only time Sophia gets roudy and truly lets loose is when she's hanging out with her 'family' at The Crystal Mistress. While there, Sophia is often cracking jokes, singing bar songs, dancing, friendly sparring, etc. But it's how she is when away from The Crystal Mistress that the world mostly knows her.

Calm, polite and quick to help, Sophia is known for the fact that despite having done countless missions, she has only killed 8 people. Sophia refuses to kill someone unless it's been absolutely needed, believing that everyone deserves a second chance. Instead, Sophia gives them a near death experience which often leads them to changing their lives for the better. The ones that don't change their lives end up being killed by someone else on a later date. When that happens, Sophia plays for their soul before moving on.

Sophia's also renown for the fact that despite being 25 and having the body she has, she has never been on a date nor ever been in a relationship. When asked why, she always has the same answer, a shrug and "It's because no one has caught my eye yet.." This leads many people to think that Sophia thinks highly of herself and lowly of others, despite what they are and if they're higher rank or not. That, or they think she's far too busy with work and trying to make everyone else happy that she's ignoring her own happiness. Either way, Sophia tells the truth; no one has caught her attention yet.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bio]Much of Sophia's origins is unknown to people, even to herself. All Sophia knows is that she was born in a church in Lympha and her mother died giving birth to her and her twin brother, who also died during birth. The church, seeing how Sophia had the Blessed Mark on her left shoulder, raised her until she was about 3 years old. When she was 3 years old, one of the priests went mad and began to burn something unto Sophia's back. Due to her growing up and the healing, what was burnt onto her back is unknown and to this day, the remaining priests there refuse to talk about that day and what happened.

A Holy Guard visiting the following day decided to take Sophia from the church and take her to the Kingdom to start her training, seeing how she had the birth mark on her left shoulder. Normally, children don't start their training for the Holy Guard until they're 8, when their old enough to decide if they want to be in the Holy Guard or not. Seeing as how Sophia was only 3, the Holy Guard 'adopted' her and educated her in not only knowledge, but in basics of fighting as well. 5 years after officially joining the training program, [acronym=now 13]Sophia[/acronym] had moved up from Page to Squire, beating the previous record for the youngest Squire by 2 years. Then, when Sophia was 19, she turned into a Knight 6 years before the average Squire->Knight age of 25. Now, being 25 years old, Sophia is about to embark on a journey to find Asedriron's Votum for 3 reasons. 1) The King has personally asked Sophia to do this. 2) The King says she will learn many secrets of this world and of her past. Finally, 3) She hopes to restore the King back to health.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Misc]Many people attribute Sophia quick raise in ranks to the fact that she was trained very early in life. While that may have a factor, the main reason for Sophia's quick ascension is because the person that mainly raised her was [url="http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/032/6/f/white_dragon_by_anhellica-d38k8ea.jpg"]Aibetta[/url], the 10' dragon that owns and chefs for The Crystal Mistress. Raising Sophia like a daughter, Aibetta taught Sophia much of the world and many techniques that most people wouldn't learn until later on in life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme Song - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6i8jGS8WM"]Lyra's Song[/url][/spoiler]

[u][b]Combat Info[/b][/u]
[spoiler=Main Weapon][acronym=as seen in appearance]Sword[/acronym]- This 4' long sword was made by Aibetta as a gift for Sophia's 21st birthday. Within the hilt guard is gem that allows Sophia to manipulate the wind just enough to give her bursts of speed and make her jump higher.[/spoiler]
Fighting Style: Sophia is an up close fighter, often using martial arts to fight with rather than her sword when she's fighting other people. If she's fighting an animal, she fights fiercely with her sword, often getting in the first strike to try to end things quickly.
[spoiler=Secondary Weapon][url="http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/105/c/0/Sinaa__s_Dagger_by_Aikurisu.jpg"]Dagger[/url]- Though hardly ever used, Sophia keeps this dagger with her for 2 reasons. 1) To remind her of her encounter with the Crimson bandit gang about 3 years back and 2) to use it on Crimson's leader for leaving her to die in an Ustrina desert with the dagger. In a non-lethal way, that is.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other Equipment][acronym=fan-service time~]Shield[/acronym]- Sophia keeps a [url="http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120418092411/queensblade/images/thumb/c/c3/Annelotte_9.jpg/288px-Annelotte_9.jpg"]shield[/url] strapped to her right hip that she'll use once and a while when its needed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities][b]High Jump[/b]- Using the power of the gem that's in her sword, Sophia is able to jump as high as 10' if she needs to.

[b]Wind Boost[/b]- Also using the gem for this, Sophia is able to get a short burst of speed that lasts for about 3-4 steps.

[b]Asedriron's Bash[/b]- This isn't much different than a normal shield bash. But with this, Sophia puts a little bit of her energy into her shield as she performs a shield bash. This gives the bash a little bit more of a kick to it when it contacts. If it does make contact with anything, then a small energy wave comes off of it that's only effective within a foot or two from the shield.

[b]Adelilia's Barrage[/b]- Using the light reflecting off of her sword, Sophia slashes into the air. From there, slices of compressed light flies towards the direction she slashed her sword at, slicing through just about anything she wants it to.

[b]Aibetta's Warmth[/b]- Named after the dragon that filled in the role of Mother as she grew up, Sophia uses up some of her energy to excel the healing speed of either herself or a comrade for a few seconds.

[b]Psychometry[/b]- A relatively new ability for Sophia, starting about 5 years ago, this ability still isn't quiet mastered. By touching an object, Sophia is capable of 'seeing' the objects history. But since this is a relatively hard ability to master, all Sophia is able to do is slightly direct what memories she receives. As to the frequency of how often this happens, it's not pretty. Not at all..[/spoiler][/spoiler]

My app's finally done..

How's everyone else's going along?

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340591413' post='5962157']
[spoiler=A wild app appears!][b]Personal Info[/b]
Username: Quɛnn Aisu
Character's Name: Sophia (no surname)
Origins: Lympha
Class: Knight

[spoiler=Appearance][img]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/332/1/d/anne_lotte___coloring_practice_vector_by_isshi-d4hmi0u.png[/img]

Standing at 5'7", Sophia weighs in at about 195, including her armor and equipment. The one thing she is most proud about with her body is her hair that stops at her lower back. Speaking of her back, most of it is scarred due to a burn she received when she 3 years by a priest that went mad.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Personality]Sophia is a kind, but firm, person. Polite most of the time, the only time Sophia gets roudy and truly lets loose is when she's hanging out with her 'family' at The Crystal Mistress. While there, Sophia is often cracking jokes, singing bar songs, dancing, friendly sparring, etc. But it's how she is when away from The Crystal Mistress that the world mostly knows her.

Calm, polite and quick to help, Sophia is known for the fact that despite having done countless missions, she has only killed 8 people. Sophia refuses to kill someone unless it's been absolutely needed, believing that everyone deserves a second chance. Instead, Sophia gives them a near death experience which often leads them to changing their lives for the better. The ones that don't change their lives end up being killed by someone else on a later date. When that happens, Sophia plays for their soul before moving on.

Sophia's also renown for the fact that despite being 25 and having the body she has, she has never been on a date nor ever been in a relationship. When asked why, she always has the same answer, a shrug and "It's because no one has caught my eye yet.." This leads many people to think that Sophia thinks highly of herself and lowly of others, despite what they are and if they're higher rank or not. That, or they think she's far too busy with work and trying to make everyone else happy that she's ignoring her own happiness. Either way, Sophia tells the truth; no one has caught her attention yet.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bio]Much of Sophia's origins is unknown to people, even to herself. All Sophia knows is that she was born in a church in Lympha and her mother died giving birth to her and her twin brother, who also died during birth. The church, seeing how Sophia had the Blessed Mark on her left shoulder, raised her until she was about 3 years old. When she was 3 years old, one of the priests went mad and began to burn something unto Sophia's back. Due to her growing up and the healing, what was burnt onto her back is unknown and to this day, the remaining priests there refuse to talk about that day and what happened.

A Holy Guard visiting the following day decided to take Sophia from the church and take her to the Kingdom to start her training, seeing how she had the birth mark on her left shoulder. Normally, children don't start their training for the Holy Guard until they're 8, when their old enough to decide if they want to be in the Holy Guard or not. Seeing as how Sophia was only 3, the Holy Guard 'adopted' her and educated her in not only knowledge, but in basics of fighting as well. 5 years after officially joining the training program, [acronym=now 13]Sophia[/acronym] had moved up from Page to Squire, beating the previous record for the youngest Squire by 2 years. Then, when Sophia was 19, she turned into a Knight 6 years before the average Squire->Knight age of 25. Now, being 25 years old, Sophia is about to embark on a journey to find Asedriron's Votum for 3 reasons. 1) The King has personally asked Sophia to do this. 2) The King says she will learn many secrets of this world and of her past. Finally, 3) She hopes to restore the King back to health.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Misc]Many people attribute Sophia quick raise in ranks to the fact that she was trained very early in life. While that may have a factor, the main reason for Sophia's quick ascension is because the person that mainly raised her was [url="http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/032/6/f/white_dragon_by_anhellica-d38k8ea.jpg"]Aibetta[/url], the 10' dragon that owns and chefs for The Crystal Mistress. Raising Sophia like a daughter, Aibetta taught Sophia much of the world and many techniques that most people wouldn't learn until later on in life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theme Song - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6i8jGS8WM"]Lyra's Song[/url][/spoiler]

[u][b]Combat Info[/b][/u]
[spoiler=Main Weapon][acronym=as seen in appearance]Sword[/acronym]- This 4' long sword was made by Aibetta as a gift for Sophia's 21st birthday. Within the hilt guard is gem that allows Sophia to manipulate the wind just enough to give her bursts of speed and make her jump higher.[/spoiler]
Fighting Style: Sophia is an up close fighter, often using martial arts to fight with rather than her sword when she's fighting other people. If she's fighting an animal, she fights fiercely with her sword, often getting in the first strike to try to end things quickly.
[spoiler=Secondary Weapon][url="http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/105/c/0/Sinaa__s_Dagger_by_Aikurisu.jpg"]Dagger[/url]- Though hardly ever used, Sophia keeps this dagger with her for 2 reasons. 1) To remind her of her encounter with the Crimson bandit gang about 3 years back and 2) to use it on Crimson's leader for leaving her to die in an Ustrina desert with the dagger. In a non-lethal way, that is.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Other Equipment][acronym=fan-service time~]Shield[/acronym]- Sophia keeps a [url="http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120418092411/queensblade/images/thumb/c/c3/Annelotte_9.jpg/288px-Annelotte_9.jpg"]shield[/url] strapped to her right hip that she'll use once and a while when its needed.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Abilities][b]High Jump[/b]- Using the power of the gem that's in her sword, Sophia is able to jump as high as 10' if she needs to.

[b]Wind Boost[/b]- Also using the gem for this, Sophia is able to get a short burst of speed that lasts for about 3-4 steps.

[b]Asedriron's Bash[/b]- This isn't much different than a normal shield bash. But with this, Sophia puts a little bit of her energy into her shield as she performs a shield bash. This gives the bash a little bit more of a kick to it when it contacts. If it does make contact with anything, then a small energy wave comes off of it that's only effective within a foot or two from the shield.

[b]Adelilia's Barrage[/b]- Using the light reflecting off of her sword, Sophia slashes into the air. From there, slices of compressed light flies towards the direction she slashed her sword at, slicing through just about anything she wants it to.

[b]Aibetta's Warmth[/b]- Named after the dragon that filled in the role of Mother as she grew up, Sophia uses up some of her energy to excel the healing speed of either herself or a comrade for a few seconds.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

My app's finally done..

How's everyone else's going along?
[/quote]
If you don't mind, I'd like to make a few changes to my app. Nothing major, maybe an age change and the addition of an ability or two. I'll take care of it tomorrow because I'm typing this right before I hit the sack. Love yer app, btw. Wasn't expecting it. xD

Thanks. n__n Glad ya liked it~

And yeah, go ahead and edit your app. Before I open up the IC, I'll be asking if there's any changes people will be wanting to make to their apps, so go ahead~ It's not like your apps HAVE to be finalized when ya say, "done!" Lol.

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1340595453' post='5962182']
@Aisu: I wish Adrius had a theme song...

Give me a minute.

EDIT: I really hate computers double posting.
[/quote]
Me too.

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1340595453' post='5962182']
@Aisu: I wish Adrius had a theme song...

Give me a minute.

EDIT: I really hate computers double posting.
[/quote]
Me too.

Lol. Anyways, its been a while since I bothered to find a theme song for my character, fight moment, etc so I decided to do one for Sophia.

Blu: Yeah.. It's kinda hard to describe abilities and still have them different than magic. They're a like.. But magic is only accessible by very few and runs on one magical energy while abilities can be learned by anyone, runs on normal energy, and it hasn't been unheard of for a few people to have the same ability. And thanks, I worked hard on Sophia. Tis why she took forever to make her appearance. xD

Hotaru: Thanks and have at it~! Your edits, that is. Like I said, apps won't be 'finalized' until the IC is up.. And even then, our apps will be updating as people learn new abilities, better equipment, etc.

Issun: Alright. I think I'ma just do a complete app update on the front page once the others finish their edits.

Edit: I even had to edit my app. xD I almost forgot a crucial ability that'll help out with the search for the Votum.

Archived