The Beginning of Light and Darkness [NA atm/Started/PG-13]

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're waiting on about 5 people to submit their apps. I know Immortal is just about done with his.. Lunar's just about done as well.. I know Stalfos has been having comp issues.. As for the others.. No idea. I'll PM them if I don't hear/get anything from them by friday.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340689206' post='5962582']
I think he's talking about his computer, Kakashi. o-o
[/quote]
I know. If his computer is messing up to the extent of even having to temporarily fix it to be able to post his app or even write it, I think it may hinder future developments. I'm simply saying that he should find a more long term fix.

[quote name='Kakashi Hatake' timestamp='1340690208' post='5962586']
I know. If his computer is messing up to the extent of even having to temporarily fix it to be able to post his app or even write it, I think it may hinder future developments. I'm simply saying that he should find a more long term fix.
[/quote]

I already [i]have[/i] a long term fix in motion. I've just been talking to my parents about my computer problems and one of them's willing to pay [i]half[/i] the amount for a new one. I just need a response from the other one since they've been separated since... ages ago.

But the new laptop should arrive at my doorstep a few days or so from when it's actually purchased; hopefully I get it before the IC kicks too far into gear and I end up [i]accidentally[/i] dragging everyone down =/

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1340692469' post='5962598']
I already [i]have[/i] a long term fix in motion. I've just been talking to my parents about my computer problems and one of them's willing to pay [i]half[/i] the amount for a new one. I just need a response from the other one since they've been separated since... ages ago.
[color=#008000][b]Yeah, you won't be getting any sympathy from me because of your parental situation. You're lucky you even have contact with both of them. Anyway, pay half of the amount?! Jeez, you sound spoiled.[/b][/color]

But the new laptop should arrive at my doorstep a few days or so from when it's actually purchased; hopefully I get it before the IC kicks too far into gear and I end up [i]accidentally[/i] dragging everyone down =/
[color=#008000][b]Yep, i bet that's happened before.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Alright. Cool it down everyone..

Stalfos, if ya wanna, your character can join up with the group when they go into town or something, saying she just missed the group and tracked them down or something. Assuming you don't have your laptop in by then.

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1340829104' post='5963174']
As I am unable to find a song fitting for my character, I'll just leave him be.

You know, if Aisu hadn't said stop it, I might've given Kakashi the response he deserved, but oh well.
[/quote]
Huh, I kinda want to find a theme for my character but I can't think of any. xD

You know, if Aisu hadn't said stop it, I might've asked Justice what he meant, but oh well. :T

Justice, Kakashi: Hey.. So far, Rinne hasn't come in with a warning to lock this due to off-topicness. And I'd to keep it that way. Want to continue it? Move it to somewhere else.

Issun: Dayum.. Knowing my luck, we'll be ready to go on Sunday. Lol. But yeah, thanks for letting me know ahead of time!

On a side note, I've sent a PM to Lilly and DK, asking about their apps. They're the only ones I haven't heard from in a while about apps.

[quote name='Quεnn Aisu' timestamp='1340835161' post='5963200']
Justice, Kakashi: Hey.. So far, Rinne hasn't come in with a warning to lock this due to off-topicness. And I'd to keep it that way. Want to continue it? Move it to somewhere else.
[/quote]
Nah, off-topicness isn't worth taking somewhere else. :T
I should probably get to reading some of the apps in the first post. I've never been good with remember characters names. xD

I just realized that the 88 Incantations of Sealing isn't finished.

Screw me. Now I have to fix that.

[spoiler=The 88 Incantations of Sealing v2]
[color=#696969][size=3]The 88 Incantations of Sealing- A very tedious and highly complicated spell to prepare, it drains nearly all magical presence of the user if they are a Battlemage or higher. For the untrained spellcaster, it could not only drain all magical energy, but also heavily fatigue the user, possibly leading them to serious side effects (long lasting headaches, strained body, etc), and possibly even death. It's an unorthodox sealing technique, tearing the soul from the target's body. This technique lasts as long as the caster is alive, so if they die, they can either pass the role of the sealer to another person, or let the world suffer the wrath of the one who was sealed (although, this only applies to an evil overlord who has the potency of destroying the world, not some bandit). While this sealing is in effect, the soul is left to wander the world, unable to accomplish nothing, or rather, do nothing. The sealing is permanent when the body naturally decays and becomes a part of nature once again, but the sealing is still temporary if the body is destroyed by unnatural means (i.e. forced burning, mutilation of the body, so forth). To prepare the spell however, the caster must create a circle around the target, which can be either a simple task, or a nearly impossible task. When the circle has been created, a blood offering must be made (whether a minimal drop of blood or an extensive body limb; a whole body for the willing), to strike a contract between the magic of the sealing and the caster, linking their life forces together. However, the chance of success is also dependent on the blood offering. A few drops of blood may have a small chance, while a limb may have a higher chance (about half-time success); offering a body will almost guarantee the success rate. However, despite a body being offered, the caster can't use his own body (otherwise the spell will be nullified), and using another body will also result in a void attempt of a contract between the caster and the magic of the sealing technique. Thus, the caster must at least offering a drop of blood, to seal the contract (the body in this case is used to increase the success probability).[/size][/color]
[color="#696969"][/spoiler][/color]

Death: Ill update your app once I'm on a laptop.

Status update: Lilly has dropped out of the rp, leaving us waiting for 3 people. Lunar has her app finished but was unable to post it last night due to Internet issues. Stalfos, how's yours coming along? As for DK, still no word from him.

Archived