The Mushroom Kingdom

[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/6tdbwl.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][color=#FF0000][size=4]Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom![/size][/color]

We all know Nintendo, and love them or hate them, you have to respect them. Without them, gaming would be dead. With the release of Super Mario Brothers for the NES, gaming began to live once more.

This club's entire purpose is to acknowledge and discuss Nintendo products. So, if that's the case, why not a more general title then Mushroom Kingdom? Simply put, without Mario and the Kingdom, all our other friends simply wouldn't exist. So we'll be hosting this club in Toad Town, capital (or assumed capital) of the Mushroom Kingdom![/center]

[center]Now, a bit of background information: THis club was originally posted two years ago, on the third of July. It died, with the last post being October 30th. Well, since I was struck with a wave of nostalgia, and the fact Clair, the original poster of the club and the one who deserves the credit, has appeared to have taken her leave of YCM, forced or not, I took the liberty of posting this remake.

[spoiler=Royal Decrees]
1. All YCM Rules apply
2. No spamming/flaming/ect.
3. Asking what the topic is frowned upon. You can read.
4. Royal Court decrees are final, even if they may conflict with the rules.
5. Grammar is cool guys.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Members]
[spoiler=The Royal Court]
These are the top of the Kingdom. Your "Princess Peach", "Zelda", and "Gary Oak"'s. Basically, owner and mods.[/center]

[center]Princess E[b]clair[/b]

Professor [b]Rumisiel[/b][/center]

[center][b]Dark [/b]Bones[/center]

[center][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Big Bosses]
The extremely active / important members.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Toads]
The normal members. Common, yet important as well.[/center]

[center]*Picture Malfunction* - Koloktos[/center]

[center][img]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa46/sonicchao1024/Brawl%20Fighter%20Sprites/olimar.gif[/img] - Broken[/center]

[center][img]http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/images/thumb/9/96/HelmasaurKing-ALTTP-Sprite.png/100px-HelmasaurKing-ALTTP-Sprite.png[/img] - Crimson Thar[/center]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/GHFn4.png[/img][/center]
[center]- Shradow[/center]

[center][img]http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/434007-MasterZX/7/37/bowser_stand_thumb.gif[/img] - Chaos Sonic[/center]

[center][img]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/MarsuveesB/LyonPalletteSwap.gif[/img] - Yuzuru Otonashi[/center]
[center][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Yoshi Eggs]
The inactive members. Generally, I'll put a member here after a month or two of not posting.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Koopaling's]
The banned members. Self-explanatory
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=K-Mush! Music Station (Taking Requests!)]
Got a song from a Video Game you feel deserves more love? Go ahead and make a request, more then likely it'll get on through.~

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuVx4gNjzk"]Mario Party 9 - Now You've Done It![/url] (DJ Discord)
[/spoiler][/center]

[center][spoiler=Friend Codes][/center]
[center][spoiler=BrokenHeart15][/center]
[center]Super Smash Brothers Brawl[/center]

[center]2366-1689-2200
[/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Shradow][/center]
[center]Super Smash Brothers Brawl[/center]

[center]3010-0500-4149[/center]

[center]Mario Kart Wii[/center]
[center]2022-2088-1956[/center]

[center]3DS[/center]
[center]4682-8527-3043 (Yay for universal Friend Code.)[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=The Dreaded Application of Joining Things]
Username:
Favorite Nintendo Series:
Favorite Nintendo Game:
Favorite Nintendo Character:
Impress me with Nintendo Knowledge:[/center]

[center]Note: The Knowledge is general NINTENDO things, including the games and products, not just the company itself.
[/spoiler]

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a fan of the Mushroom Kingdom. Glad to see a remake.

Username: ZeroChill/Koloktos
Favorite Nintendo Series: Practically any Nintendo Series. Technically depends on mood and what I am playing, so it is ambiguous
Favorite Nintendo Game: Ambiguous as well.
Favorite Nintendo Character: Definitely Yoshi
Impress me with Nintendo Knowledge: If I must. Nintendo was founded more than a century ago, making it the oldest company in the Gaming Market. Back then, they made trading cards and test your romance level machines. After the Gaming Revolution, Nintendo decided to enter into the Video Gaming Industry with the Nintendo Entertainment System. Despite the Crash of 1983 (A tragedy in the field in where there was an inflation of competing consoles and other situations that nobody wanted to buy a home console), Nintendo managed to come on top with Super Mario Bros, which cemented its fame and popularity as a gaming company as well as giving incredible fame to the Mario franchise, and many other franchises to be created (including the Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Fire Emblem, ect.). In a nutshell, Nintendo revolutionized Console Gaming and we wouldn't be playing our 4th+ consoles without Nintendo's intervention.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Username: Crimson Thar
Favorite Nintendo Series: Legend of Zelda
Favorite Nintendo Game: Super Mario 64
Favorite Nintendo Character: Samus Aran
Impress me with Nintendo Knowledge: This is a very broad and open-ended statement. All I can say is that Mario was one of the first figures in video game history as Jump Man in Donkey Kong Classic and worked his way up to Mario Party 9 for Wii. Everything else is a blur, but I can tell you that Nintendo was a huge milestone in my gaming life and I'm sure that if you ask me something related to it, I will answer with both fact and opinion on the subject.[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]I'll be waiting in this box if you need me:[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][img]http://crashtestvegetarian.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mario-question-mark.gif[/img][/background][/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1341024490' post='5964055']
Just saying: The hotel wants to attack this during the next Club War if it become popular.
[/quote]

They can kindly leave this out of their little War. I was here during the first two, and those either: A. Sucked or B. Moved to fast/slow

It was usually B, but whatever.

A remake? Yay!

[b]Username:[/b] Shradow
[b]Favorite Nintendo Series:[/b] Fire Emblem
[b]Favorite Nintendo Game:[/b] DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE
[b]Favorite Nintendo Character:[/b] Tie between Captain Falcon, Groose, and the Black Knight
[b]Impress me with Nintendo Knowledge:[/b] The Legend of Zelda series was inspired by Miyamoto's childhood explorations through places like forests and caves around his childhood home.

For the record, I have no favorites when it comes to Nintendo. I like every game, every character, and every system.
What I don't like are the movie-based NES games made my LGN. Not even the AVGN reviews for those games surprised me with the fact that they sucked.

Oh yes, I've been thinking about a Mushroom Kingdom RP, basically, the most important people of the kingdom (Mario, Peach, Bowser) had gone missing, Luigi of course had been left. So, the Minions go searching for them. Okay, that's a lie, only a few do, everyone else is too content just to enjoy the downtime. Now, it's up to a group of different minions and civilians to go look for them, even if thye have to kill each other and the 4th wall to do it.

Basically, it's meant to be zany insane and do severe damage to the 4th wall. I think it would be fun.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1341025708' post='5964078']
Also Dane, did you catch up with Groose's Theme going with everything yet?
[/quote]

Saw it, it got old pretty quick.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341025967' post='5964079']
Oh yes, I've been thinking about a Mushroom Kingdom RP, basically, the most important people of the kingdom (Mario, Peach, Bowser) had gone missing, Luigi of course had been left. So, the Minions go searching for them. Okay, that's a lie, only a few do, everyone else is too content just to enjoy the downtime. Now, it's up to a group of different minions and civilians to go look for them, even if thye have to kill each other and the 4th wall to do it.

Basically, it's meant to be zany insane and do severe damage to the 4th wall. I think it would be fun.
[/quote]

Now, this sounds like it would make a fun RP. I haven't actually been part of one in months though, so I don't know if I would join, but if it's made, I'll certainly be thinking about it.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341025967' post='5964079']

[/quote]

Reminds me of a Brawl RP I was in a while back. I was Bowser, and I shocked the world after apologizing by demand of Master Hand for being a heartless d*ck. One guy even brought out a tape recorder and asked me to say it again. It was hilarious.

One thought is that Bowser's Castle gets turned into the mother of all Night Clubs. And Peach's Castle gets turned into a raunchy joint known as 'Mushroom Caps'.

And every PC will have absurd stats, like Arrogance and Pig-Headedness. I'll want a Goomba with a 'Throwability' and a 'HHuman Shield' stat.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1341026468' post='5964091']
Weird, it usually reverts to a post after hitting the post button, yet it only is kept in edit form.
[/quote]

It posts, it just doesn't show it being posted. Just refresh the page and it will show it.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341026742' post='5964097']
I'll be leading the Koopa side with a Magikoopa, but I'll need to think if it should be a Toad or a Yoshi to lead the Toad Side.
[/quote]

Toad should lead. Yoshi is the reason Mario survived as a baby, and back then he wasn't even acquainted with the princess.

I guess I'll be siding with the Wario bros and their mafia-style bomb-throwing pimped-out car chase scene.
F*ck yeah.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1341026355' post='5964086']
Good meme, but it was milked too quickly to be lasting.

So...who wants to get Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon?

Good meme, but it was milked too quickly to be lasting.

So...who wants to get Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon?
[/quote]

I plan on getting it. I loved the first Luigi's Mansion.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341026395' post='5964087']
One thought is that Bowser's Castle gets turned into the mother of all Night Clubs. And Peach's Castle gets turned into a raunchy joint known as 'Mushroom Caps'.

And every PC will have absurd stats, like Arrogance and Pig-Headedness. I'll want a Goomba with a 'Throwability' and a 'HHuman Shield' stat.
[/quote]

...So fitting. Oddly, but very fitting.

Koopa's need to have a Soccer Ball Stat.

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1341026462' post='5964090']
Koloktos....you really need to stop raping the "Post" button.

I love Groose's theme, but the meme just blew away after 2 videos to say the most.
[/quote]

His theme was okay, but defiantly not my favorite in the game.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341026742' post='5964097']
I'll be leading the Koopa side with a Magikoopa, but I'll need to think if it should be a Toad or a Yoshi to lead the Toad Side.
[/quote]

I would say Toad for constancy, but Yoshi is more random and a thousand times cooler.

[quote name='Discord' timestamp='1341027149' post='5964108']
His theme was okay, but defiantly not my favorite in the game.
[/quote]

I'd say during the part where he first makes contact with this Earth; that was when that theme was one of my favorites.
But when it comes to the entire game, my favorite theme has got to be Koloktos and Bilocyte.
So f*cking epic.

Archived