Sword Art Online

[color=#000000]Trapped and fighting for their very lives in a Virtual Reality MMORPG, Aincrad Online, the story explores the mishaps and adventures of the greatest one handed swordsman of the VR world, Kirito. Together with his friends, the solo swordsman strives to finish the game, which in turn will release all the minds trapped into Aincrad. (ANN)[/color]

[color=#000000]So how many loved the first episode? I'll have to say it was a little better than Accel World's. But we'll see.[/color]

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Darkplant - VENOM' timestamp='1341812634' post='5971460']
THIS. IS. AWESOME.
In a way, it's pretty natural I'm loving this since I liked Mirai Nikki too. Watching survival games is damn fun.
[/quote]

Akihiko's avatar reminded me of Deus.

This is a lot like Accel World, but different enough for me to enjoy it in its own right. Klein is already my favorite character, and I can't wait to see him show up again.

Ah, same author as Accel World? Good, you're on my list, SAO.
Well, you gotta admit that this is simply one nice survival game.

[spoiler=A little spoiler, or rather, a BIG one.]
They'll adapt Kirito's adventures in ALO, where he needs to save Asuna's ass from the Fairy King Oberon. That is, after they got through all 100 floors of Aincrad.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 2]
Pretty cool fight. I'm a little confused with that whole deal at the end though. Why didn't Kirito simply explain that the game changed since the beta version? And why the need to paint himself as the bad guy?
Regardless, good episode. And this is probably the first anime character I've seen named Asuna that isn't b*tchy.[/spoiler]

It's great that this is actually a good adaption compared to the manga. It's unsurprisingly my favorite anime this season.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1342382294' post='5979199']
[spoiler=Episode 2]
Pretty cool fight. I'm a little confused with that whole deal at the end though. Why didn't Kirito simply explain that the game changed since the beta version? And why the need to paint himself as the bad guy?
Regardless, good episode. And this is probably the first anime character I've seen named Asuna that isn't b*tchy.[/spoiler]
[/quote]Now that was one part that for some reason made a little more sense in the manga. But the art is bad and it's still confusing me.

The anime art is insanely good.~

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1342382294' post='5979199']
[spoiler=Episode 2]
Pretty cool fight.
[color=#0000CD]Agreed.[/color]
I'm a little confused with that whole deal at the end though. Why didn't Kirito simply explain that the game changed since the beta version?
[color=#0000CD]I have to agree. I have no idea why he didn't. He probably could have mentioned the blue haired guy I knew was going to die was a beta tester too. Also, why didn't he take the damn potion?[/color]
And why the need to paint himself as the bad guy?
[color=#0000CD]Because beater does sound pretty cool?[/color]
Regardless, good episode. And this is probably the first anime character I've seen named Asuna that isn't b*tchy.
[color=#0000CD]It's still pretty early. But she does seem pretty cool.[/color]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
[quote name='Ƒate Testarossa' timestamp='1342385833' post='5979224']
It's great that this is actually a good adaption compared to the manga. It's unsurprisingly my favorite anime this season.
[color=#0000CD]That's good to hear. Won't have to read the manga then.[/color]

Now that was one part that for some reason made a little more sense in the manga.
[color=#0000CD]Or maybe I will for that one part. :/[/color]
But the art is bad and it's still confusing me.
[color=#0000CD]The manga art was really that bad?[/color]

The anime art is insanely good.~
[color=#0000CD]Yeah, it actually looks really good. A bit surprised the manga art was apparently bad.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Desperado of Finale' timestamp='1342394550' post='5979343']
[/quote]Well, that was what I was told, and I did read it, it wasn't really that good.

[spoiler=and]to me the beater thing was explained a little better, but it was far less cool because it really was just explained, from what I can remember, he seemed to have just thought it, while not much was happening. Wait, something was happening, but the anime is just more interesting too.[/spoiler]

I thought that Kirito didn't explain it so they could remember Daibel as a good leader, even though he was only after the EXP bonus. Kirito already mentioned that he couldn't fill the role of leader. He kind of had an Itachi moment due to protecting the groups image of Daibel and giving them a revenge motive.

That makes sense.

And these Saturday anime are definitely my favorites this season, third ep almost made me cry.

On a side note, I (didn't) find this:
[url="http://en.shindanmaker.com/247584"]http://en.shindanmaker.com/247584[/url]
I'll use my YCM name...
[quote]Ƒate Testarossa is stuck in SAO. Level: 46. Dies 3 days in after falling off a cliff.[/quote]Makes sense...

[quote name='Ƒate Testarossa' timestamp='1343003945' post='5985948']
That makes sense.
And these Saturday anime are definitely my favorites this season, third ep almost made me cry.
On a side note, I (didn't) find this:
[url="http://en.shindanmaker.com/247584"]http://en.shindanmaker.com/247584[/url]
I'll use my YCM name...
Makes sense...
[/quote]

Legend Zero is stuck in SAO. Level: 71. Dies 1 month in after falling off a cliff.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be dumb enough to fall off a cliff when I'm at 71, especially since I would remember how Ƒate Testarossa died. (YCM guild would rule, obviously)

[quote]
Fusion X. Denver is stuck in SAO. Level: 5. Dies 9 months in due to PK.
[/quote]

So much disappoint...
[spoiler=Episode 3]
Aw...I wanted to see Kirito fight the demented Santa Claus...
Kinda weird how they were able to transcend so many floors in a shorter amount of time once they cleared the first boss. You'd think it'd take another few months for each floor?
And just to clarify: a player's able to teleport to previous floors and come back, right?
So good episode far as I see it, aside from those minor discrepancies.[/spoiler]

Not the biggest anime fan, picked it up simply on a whim.
Loving every aspect of it so far, the only problem is that some things are left far too vague.
That and the major problem for me being the story progressing way too fast.

[spoiler= Episode 3]
Floor 49 already?
That and every character that we thought was going to end up as a main character end up disappearing or dead. Klein is the only one who shows up again, and it's never for more than 5 minutes.
I don't see how we could have sympathized when Sashi (I believe was the girls name) died, because we only knew of her character for about 20 minutes.
[/spoiler]

It's got some major potential, but I think it's going to waste due to terrible pacing (in my opinion).
My only hope is that we're simply getting the early stages of the story out of the way, but even that doesn't make much sense.

Phantom Roxas is stuck in SAO. Level: 12. Dies half a year in due to PK.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1343035610' post='5986235']
Not the biggest anime fan, picked it up simply on a whim.
Loving every aspect of it so far, the only problem is that some things are left far too vague.
That and the major problem for me being the story progressing way too fast.
[spoiler= Episode 3]
Floor 49 already?
That and every character that we thought was going to end up as a main character end up disappearing or dead. Klein is the only one who shows up again, and it's never for more than 5 minutes.
I don't see how we could have sympathized when Sashi (I believe was the girls name) died, because we only knew of her character for about 20 minutes.
[/spoiler]
It's got some major potential, but I think it's going to waste due to terrible pacing (in my opinion).
My only hope is that we're simply getting the early stages of the story out of the way, but even that doesn't make much sense.
[/quote]

Completely agree. This episode was particularly rushed, glossing over every fight and not actually showing how Kirito even met the guild. At least Klein showed up again. So far, I'm preferring Accel World to this.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1343271138' post='5989061']
Completely agree. This episode was particularly rushed, glossing over every fight and not actually showing how Kirito even met the guild. At least Klein showed up again. So far, I'm preferring Accel World to this.
[/quote]

[left]What I thought was going to be a darker and overall better twist on the virtual reality genre, is slowly becoming a relatively morbid drama about Kirito's endeavors. [/left]
The whole "virtual reality" theme isn't being utilized to it's full extent if we're going to breeze through every level, not even watch boss fights, or see any character progression other than that of the main protagonist.

This anime is slowly becoming a let down, I'll definitely have to try Accel World since I trust your discretion.

Archived