Sword Art Online

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1346649386' post='6018282']
9 as of today. They just did the episode where he reveals his dual-wielding.
[/quote]Which is where LZ's siggy came from, I can only assume.

Well the anime isn't really that far behind the manga, maybe it'll pass it in a few episodes.

Any serious changes that should make me watch it other than just to rewatch something I already know the plot to?

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1346649541' post='6018284']
Which is where LZ's siggy came from, I can only assume.

Well the anime isn't really that far behind the manga, maybe it'll pass it in a few episodes.

Any serious changes that should make me watch it other than just to rewatch something I already know the plot to?
[/quote]

I wouldn't know as I haven't read the manga, but you should watch it just for the production value. The music and animation are both fan-freaking-tastic.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1346649541' post='6018284']
Which is where LZ's siggy came from, I can only assume.
[/quote]
Well, the Light Novels are [i]way[/i] ahead so everything is basically predetermined. (which also means that there may be a chance for another season)

I'd recommend...
episode 2 (gives a better understanding of Beater than the manga)
episode 3 (not really sure since it's been awhile, but I think the death of his first guild was portrayed better)
episodes 7 (I liked the metal dragon :P)
episode 9 (I've watched it 3 times already)

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1346649541' post='6018284']Well the anime isn't really that far behind the manga, maybe it'll pass it in a few episodes.

[/quote]Episodes 2-7 are side stories and they never happened in the manga as far as I know (I've read 6 chapters of the manga). Not only that but I agree with the mass of people I've heard call the manga horrible, but I think the anime is amazing. Mostly because of what Tenta said, and people really bash the manga art too so...

Oh wait, you asked for serious changes. Then in that case, the later half of what I said still applies at least, it is much better.

I'm currently re-reading the Light Novel concerning the plots for the next 2 episodes. The only thing that is worrying is the transition between them, but they've done an ok-ish job so far.

[spoiler May spoil the ending, open at your own risk]Edit: After re-reading Fairy Dance I'll be disappointed if they don't continue the anime. Fairy Dance's ending actually gives more closure. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1347049006' post='6020879']
I know they have the same author, but the latest episode of Accel World showed the Nerve Gear (and even called it a first gen VR machine). I haven't read the crossover yet, but is Accel World the future of SAO?
[/quote]

From what Haruyuki said[in the latest ep of accel world] the Nerve Gear was the predecessor to the neurolinker. So, might be.

A little sad, but....

[i]"Especially considering [Versus], although that's a work where you can see the correlation/links between the two series, but as the author, I will state now my position that 'There are no clear link between the two series'"[/i]

Versus is the side story of Kirito vs Silver Crow, and these are the author notes. Which basically say, "I'll decide later".

Although, he wrote this a while back...maybe he decided it was time? People are saying that the novel of Accel World says "helmet shaped device", not Nervegear. :o

[spoiler Related to the SAO novels, so look at your own risk]
Apparently, Kirito had a plot point with the Brain Chips at some point in the Light Novels (after SAO)[/spoiler]

Edit: [spoiler Was reading Volume 5 and it sounded familiar...]
AR function means to use the Amusphere (2nd gen NerveGear) while awake, combining real sight and sound with digital information. If that was possible, then it could replace computers and mobile phones. In your view, you could have a virtual desktop where you could browse the net or type mail, do street navigation, have information tags on people or things, the use would only be limited by imagination.

Currently, RECTO started working with large information producers to develop that machine, but due to physical activity leading to the pulse focus being shifted, the need for high-capacity battery, and other problems, it had not reached a practical level.[/spoiler]

I was going to mention the Nerve Gear reference, since I thought it was quite clever. Since Sword Art Online was written years before Accel World, Nerve Gear would have been established enough that by the time Accel World referenced it, people would have known what it meant. However, the fact that Accel World referred to a "helmet shaped device" is very ambiguous, and was most likely intended to be a shout out to Sword Art Online without actually giving its name. Then again, I think Accel World would have at least referenced the real world events surrounding Sword Art Online at one point, but given how the stories are over twenty years apart, it probably makes sense that the two haven't been connected yet.

Eh, double posting but the new episode is out.

[b]A lot[/b] happens and it goes very fast, but this will make the episode transition smooth. Next episode has one of my favorite characters!

Edit: They didn't add something [i]I[/i] thought was important during the crazy guy thing, but I'll talk about that after more have seen the episode.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1347141887' post='6021711']
The one time I share a name with an anime character and that happens.
[/quote]
Who do you share a name with? :o

Also, I'm a slowpoke.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-10/sword-art-online-anime-slated-for-year-next-july

[i]"ASCII Media Works' official website for the anime adaptation of Reki Kawahara's light novel series Sword Art Online announced on Saturday that the [b]two-cours (two-quarter or half-year) anime[/b] will premiere in Japan next July."[/i]

That means there will be an anime for Fairy Dance. :D

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1347163862' post='6021943']
[spoiler=Episode 10]
Daww
Thought Kirito permanently lost that hand there, but nah it's all good.
I think the guild leader cheated.
And that whole strip thing was hilarious.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler=READ AT YOUR OWN RISK OF SPOILERS that is far ahead of the anime]
KOB Guild leader is the God of SAO [sure you can figure what I mean]
[/spoiler]

Archived