Sword Art Online

"And then Kirito, traumatized by his experiences in SAO and his battle with Oberon, goes mad with power. He becomes the god of a new [virtual] world"
'->I'd watch it. The kid has some anger issues, and has killed in the past. Klein and Asuna would have to rise up to stop him, it'd be great.

I keep forgetting SAO isnt a hentai.

[spoiler='spoilerz']As far as the final fight went, I'm fine with kirito going God mode; but he couldnt conjure up a sword for Asuna? She deserves to beat his ass just as much as Kirito, and hasn't done nearly as much ass-kicking as him. Not the best fight this season either; that'd be one of the Salamander fights. While i say all that, seeing Alberdouche get cut in half was satisfying. Tho it needed more Tentacle Rape for karmic justice[/spoiler]

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply amazing episode in my oppinion
[spoiler='About the Episode']
Kirito and Yui finding Asuna was pretty much what I expected, even tho I did imagined it would include a kiss. Alberon's overpowered spells and power was just what I would expect from a douche GM. A few weeks ago i had a hunch that Kayaba would come back somehow and SAO death rules would be back aswell, but I didn't expected that Kirito would use Heatclif's GM ID, but it was simply amazing how Kirito could humiliate and crush Sugou's pride and his sense of being untouchable to nothing diferent than nothing, and still give him the judgement he deserved for messing with people's hearts, minds and bodies, not only the ones in the game and Asuna enda Kirito but also the one's families and loved ones that were waiting for all of them. In my oppinion Kirito never killed those who didn't deserved it, it was that guy form the Knights of the Blood Oath, Kayaba(partialy) and now Alberon, so he is not really a PK. But was simply an amazing episode, and if i was on Kirito's place then I would do way worse to Alberon, but that really filled me with joy, it pleased me highly, was the most meaningfull death in the manga/anime world to me so far.
[/spoiler]

Wait
[spoiler=About the episode]
Kayaba was responsible for all those deaths in SAO.
So why's Kirito acting all chummy with him?
I know he saved him and Asuna from dying at the end of SAO and he provided the deus ex machina Kirito needed to win, but don't you think he'd at least act more distant from the guy?
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1355621001' post='6094451']
Well they might touch up on the epilogue a bit, since I doubt the hospital scene will take an entire episode.
[/quote]
Well Kirito still have to decide what to do with the Seed and release the other people who are trapped since SAO, he only allowed Asuna's Log Out, and AOL does need a new GM and Kirito is the only one with a GM ID from it.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1355628064' post='6094540']
Yeah, but they are going to proceed onto Gun Gale Online, next season, aren't they?
And, what is the World Seed supposed to do?
[/quote]
Since it hasn't been confirmed yet, we will have to wait until Spring at least. However, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-09/sword-art-online-accel-world-have-10-million+in-print really helps the cause.

You'll find out about the World Seed next episode. ;]

[quote name='Gabriel Maeso' timestamp='1355642635' post='6094745']
uhm... sorry the stupid question but, Gun Gale Online? is that from a third plot from the manga? cause I haven't got the opportunity of reading it all yet, so I dunno what that is.
[/quote]
Pretty much. It is the darkest plot and seen as the best by most English speakers.

There is a chance for a ton of OVAs in between. Off the top of my head....

1. The first 24 hours in SAO for Kirito
2. Race across Alfheim
3. Accel World crossover
4. The actual wedding day in SAO

[quote name='Captain Remo' timestamp='1355677307' post='6094956']
I thought Accel World was a totally different anime hence the "cross over"
[/quote]

During one episode in Accel World, the main's researching something and he finds an article about this [i]dated[/i] piece of technology which was the Nerve Gear people used to play SAO.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1355677906' post='6094969']
During one episode in Accel World, the main's researching something and he finds an article about this [i]dated[/i] piece of technology which was the Nerve Gear people used to play SAO.
[/quote]
W-what?

Wait, aren't they in different universes?

My whole life has been a lie

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1355663866' post='6094852']
Pretty much. It is the darkest plot and seen as the best by most English speakers.

There is a chance for a ton of OVAs in between. Off the top of my head....

1. The first 24 hours in SAO for Kirito
2. Race across Alfheim
3. Accel World crossover
4. The actual wedding day in SAO
[/quote]
Ah, well I would still watch it no matter what.

and about the OVAs:
1. As a beta tester or after the actual launch?
2. Would be nice to know more about that place, the races, the capabilities and stuff.
3. Hmmmmm I dunno, would be nice I guess.
4. I think that if they did an Wedding OVA it would be between them irl other then their SAO wedding

[quote name='Captain Remo' timestamp='1355678474' post='6094986']
The one thing I'm critical of in ALO was the lack of Spriggans

it was like they didn't exist
[/quote]
That's true, also there were no Undines if I recall well, would be nice to see more of ALO.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1355677906' post='6094969']
[/quote]
I don't know if it was actualy supposed to be after SAO or in the same universe, a lot of times manga and anime creators put easter eggs like that on their diferent series, like on Fairy Tale, there is an episode that you can clearly see Let and Julia from Rave Master. Making an OVA with both would be just to make more money anyway, so maybe, only maybe, we will see one.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1355621785' post='6094460']
Sudden Crack-Pairing inspiration. Klien x Suguha.
Kirito and Klein become in-laws. I want it to happen.
[/quote]

I thought about that as soon as this arc started.

Also, Accel World is only implied to take place in the same world, since apparently Accel World didn't specify the NerveGear in the novels. I believe the author's answer was simply that it was possible.

Why are people misspelling Oberon? Sugou's use of that name is a blatant reference to A Midsummer Night's Dream, especially since his pet name for Asuna was Titania.

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1355680441' post='6095022']
Why are people misspelling Oberon? Sugou's use of that name is a blatant reference to A Midsummer Night's Dream, especially since his pet name for Asuna was Titania.
[/quote]
Probably cause of diferent subtitles translations or places fo origin, I myself misspelled it wrong, but was mostly cause of diferences on the subs and also cause here I already saw that name written in some diferent ways due to diferent translations.

What happened is that Accel World was made while adding callbacks to SAO, because the author was under the impression that SAO would never make it big (ex. Kuroyuki Hime being a "spiritual" daughter of Kirito and Asuna). When asked about the connection the author basically said its up to the reader/viewer.

So all in all, they are not the same universe. However, that can change because the author can do whatever he wants with his two popular series.

[quote name='Lujan Solo' timestamp='1355683938' post='6095071']
About the SAO and AW crossover, it was written. It's the Aicrad Kirito vs Silver Crow due to a bug in a system that Kirito is testing that somehow makes him appear in the Brain Burst match list. I can post a link to it or PM it.
[/quote]
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online#The_Sword_Art_Online_series_by_Reki_Kawahara

Or just a link to every volume which includes the side stories. (the anime is about to end Volume 4 and Volume 11 was released 6 days ago)

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1355622015' post='6094462']
Wait
[spoiler=About the episode]
Kayaba was responsible for all those deaths in SAO.
So why's Kirito acting all chummy with him?
I know he saved him and Asuna from dying at the end of SAO and he provided the deus ex machina Kirito needed to win, but don't you think he'd at least act more distant from the guy?
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I'm pretty sure he's still always kind of respected Kayaba. Not for the deaths he's caused but still all his achievements and really allowing him to meet so many friends and the girl he loves.[/color]
[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1355680441' post='6095022']
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Thank god somebody pointed this out.[/color]
[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1355695422' post='6095236']
What happened is that Accel World was made while adding callbacks to SAO, because the author was under the impression that SAO would never make it big (ex. Kuroyuki Hime being a "spiritual" daughter of Kirito and Asuna). When asked about the connection the author basically said its up to the reader/viewer.

So all in all, they are not the same universe. However, that can change because the author can do whatever he wants with his two popular series.

[url="http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online#The_Sword_Art_Online_series_by_Reki_Kawahara"]http://www.baka-tsuk...y_Reki_Kawahara[/url]

Or just a link to every volume which includes the side stories. (the anime is about to end Volume 4 and Volume 11 was released 6 days ago)
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]Thanks. I feel like I should get to it sometime. Also because I heard the next arc is Gun Sale Online and well....I like guns.[/color]

[quote name='finiteGunslinger' timestamp='1355720843' post='6095562']
[color=#0000CD]I'm pretty sure he's still always kind of respected Kayaba. Not for the deaths he's caused but still all his achievements and really allowing him to meet so many friends and the girl he loves.[/color]
[/quote]
Kayaba may have been messed up in the head a bit, but his goal of creating the perfect world virtually was a [i]bit[/i] more noble than using mind control to rule the world.
When he fought Kirito, he [i]didn't cheat, [/i]for one. He also let Kirito and Asuna live, even though they technically died before they won, and didn't complain.

Archived