Sword Art Online

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1352688303' post='6067143']
But I [i]want[/i] Klein to get more focus!
[/quote]
Doesn't he get a job in SAO(ffline)?

Well, I'm fine with it since I find him so funny in it. But that's pretty much the same or worse than just cameos.

Klein was badass, man. I dunno how, but he managed to not die.

I think it would have been a fantastic callback if
[spoiler='Spoilers for the end of SAO']He used the ressurection stone on Kirito and Kayabe got blindsided. Would have felt a little less cheap than the "power of love" thing.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1352733517' post='6067476']
Klein was badass, man. I dunno how, but he managed to not die.

I think it would have been a fantastic callback if
[spoiler='Spoilers for the end of SAO']He used the ressurection stone on Kirito and Kayabe got blindsided. Would have felt a little less cheap than the "power of love" thing.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I spent the whole time watching that scene thinking and hoping that would happen. I was disappointed.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]But now I'm upset that there's apparently no more Klein except in those little shorts. [/color][color=#008080]<----Was at least kind of hyped when I saw him in it.[/color]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1352810607' post='6068162']
To my knowledge, Klien appears at the end of ALO, makes an appearance in GGO, a bigger role in an OVA-esque short story, gets screentime/fight scene in Mother's Rosario, and so far nothing in Alicization.
[/quote]

How many games do they get sucked into o__0

[spoiler=Here's your cool fan art I found:][img]http://i.imgur.com/b7AAj.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352819464' post='6068213']
[/quote]I don't care! As long as they're all at least as awesome as these two, I mean.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1352819464' post='6068213']
[/quote]
Mother's Rosario isn't a game, and technically neither is Alicization.

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1352824948' post='6068261']
Games where you can die are too easy.
Most of the tension surrounding SAO seems gone now.
[/quote]
That tension comes flooding back in GGO. It could be animated to give nightmares, I swear.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1352839691' post='6068480']
Mother's Rosario isn't a game, and technically neither is Alicization.
[/quote] :o

It would be kind of nice if they could sometime just go into a game without having a reason (besides SAO of course, as long as they didn't actually have a reason and were just forced to play, just going by what I'd know as an anime watcher), and have that game also be interesting, but I know SAO would never do that, I think... I imagine they might do something like that as an OVA similar to what Accel World (even though that kind of did have a reason) did, maybe. But it is a different studio so I can't be too certain of that.

[quote name='Riki Naoe' timestamp='1352851517' post='6068693']
:o

It would be kind of nice if they could sometime just go into a game without having a reason (besides SAO of course, as long as they didn't actually have a reason and were just forced to play, just going by what I'd know as an anime watcher), and have that game also be interesting, but I know SAO would never do that, I think... I imagine they might do something like that as an OVA similar to what Accel World (even though that kind of did have a reason) did, maybe. But it is a different studio so I can't be too certain of that.
[/quote]

Mother's Rosario is kind of like this. Except, instead of a new world, it takes place in Alfheim Online after GGO.

I'd give you an overview of what happens, but I'd rather not go too far into it. Short story is that it is basically a feature on Asuna.

[quote name='GodWynn' timestamp='1352851775' post='6068701']
Mother's Rosario is kind of like this. Except, instead of a new world, it takes place in Alfheim Online after GGO.

I'd give you an overview of what happens, but I'd rather not go too far into it. Short story is that it is basically a feature on Asuna.
[/quote]Cool, that's all I need to know, thanks.

I'm thinking about reading it all the more now... I'll read some more of the LNs I should be reading tomorrow, at least sometime finish the volume I'm on before starting this.

[quote name='Riki Naoe' timestamp='1352852661' post='6068746']
Cool, that's all I need to know, thanks.
I'm thinking about reading it all the more now... I'll read some more of the LNs I should be reading tomorrow, at least sometime finish the volume I'm on before starting this.
[/quote]
Read Mother's Rosario -> Prepare to [s]have feels[/s] cry

Regardless its pretty good, especially since there is little to none OP Kirito.

[spoiler Preview for next episode]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=INe58Za7fPI
[/spoiler]

That last sequence made me happy. With this whole subplot involving the Salamanders, I was worried we would get distracted by the main focus, but thankfully, it seems like we're done with the Salamanders, at least with as much focus as we've had so far, and now we're heading to the main part of the arc.

Aren't we only halfway through the arc, though?

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1353191272' post='6072133']
That last sequence made me happy. With this whole subplot involving the Salamanders, I was worried we would get distracted by the main focus, but thankfully, it seems like we're done with the Salamanders, at least with as much focus as we've had so far, and now we're heading to the main part of the arc.

Aren't we only halfway through the arc, though?
[/quote]

Halfway sounds about right. Now the story focuses on rescuing Asuna and the adventure it takes just getting to the World Tree.

The thing that bugs me is Kirito's weapon choice.
Why on earth would he choose such a huge sword that's nothing like Elucidator, and apparently is low level, when he has zillions upon zillions of coins?

If he was eventually going to go back to two swords, why didn't he buy two good ones that would compliment eachother. huge BFS and thin straight sword don't mix well.

[quote name='Expelsword - 黎明' timestamp='1353196799' post='6072166']
The thing that bugs me is Kirito's weapon choice.
Why on earth would he choose such a huge sword that's nothing like Elucidator, and apparently is low level, when he has zillions upon zillions of coins?
If he was eventually going to go back to two swords, why didn't he buy two good ones that would compliment eachother. huge BFS and thin straight sword don't mix well.
[/quote]
He likes swords that weight a lot.

If ALO is like most MMOs I've played then Kirito probably got his equipment from NPCs, instead of using the market system (if there is one) to buy good drops from other players.

Archived