so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

On MTG, I've read some backstory so I do say it would be interesting, but...what would be the era? (I <3 the Conflux).

As for the World, I've decided to edit it...ALOT. We're still dealing with the "Post-Apocalyptic" world, and I also am going into more detail about "Vires" as I've done more research for the RP.

[spoiler=Where it began]
Bad things have happened, terrible things. I guess you could say that it’s hell in earth. Its 2049, 1 year after the “expected” passes of both impacts of 2011 AGS and 2007 VK184 were expected to pass by the Earth. It didn’t happen. The projectiles crashed, one after another just a couple of days apart from each other in remote locations. The crashes weren’t significant and news began to spread about. Several of us were interested in what findings we could obtain from such foreign objects. Unfortunately…that was our first mistake. After 3 days after the research teams had been dispatched, someone, somewhere, had issued a code no one had launched since 1945 outside of testing grounds, and in an instant the two locations had been wiped out of the map. No one knew why this had happened, and the families of those who had members in that location at the time were horrified and spoke out, waiting for someone to answer. The answer came to them. What those…[i]things[/i], these Vires as I call them, didn’t come from this planet. Or at least, that’s my speculation. Horrid monstrosities that came out of a horror film or the very depths of nightmares, things that not even faith or light could vanquish. The only thing that’s kept me alive for this long is a small [i]fragment[/i] I found before the apocalypse began. This radiant jagged piece holds several secrets, and I can only guess that maybe this is the very key that can aid us. And I know I’m not alone…I just hope humanity survives as much as I have, because I know that inside me, I’m changing and I don’t know for how long I may remain human, but I’ll try my best to at least die like one…before I turn to one of them.
[/spoiler]

That was a log.

Plot: Survive and aid in the potential restoration/recovery of the Earth, and be weary as things aren't what they were before. Creatures called "Vires" are a hybrid species developed from the fusion of viruses with living matter. The viruses vary in quantity and as such affect things at different rates. "Vires" were those who were nearest to the nuclear explosions as the bombs failed to wipe out the contaminant and instead spread it. Creatures have been mutated into a myriad of monstrosities and are out to "feed" on anything they can. You are either "Human" or "Contaminated", not a "Vire". If you turn into a Vire...it's the same as being "Dead". If you are contaminated, you actually gain a few "abilities", however, the more you use them, the more the Virus inside you becomes active and will eat away at your body, gaining more and more control the more you use it. Only 1 thing temporarily stops the virus, and that is known as a "Fragment". Fragments are actually pieces of the asteroids that impacted as they contain traces of Kathilium (I made this up), a rare form of "gold looking" element that glows when interacting with the virus. Unfortunately, the Fragments are not permanent and need to recharge by absorbing Solar Energy OR Radioactive particles.

In lame-man's terms: Collect most of the fragments and use the energy from those fragments to try and reverse the effect's of the virus and cure the Earth of this infectious parasitic disease.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about making a Yugioh RP for some time now. As Christmas draws near, the RP will start off with a Christmas-y theme but will complicate and I have a plot twist planned. Feel free to tell me of any errors, give me your advice/suggestions and I will try to improve it. [b][size=4][color=#ff0000]A[/color][color=#008000]n[/color][color=#ff0000]y[/color][color=#008000]o[/color][color=#ff0000]n[/color][color=#008000]e[/color] [color=#ff0000]i[/color][color=#008000]n[/color][color=#ff0000]t[/color][color=#008000]e[/color][color=#ff0000]r[/color][color=#008000]e[/color][color=#ff0000]s[/color][color=#008000]t[/color][color=#ff0000]e[/color][color=#008000]d[/color][color=#ff0000]?[/color][/size][/b]

[spoiler='Synopsis']
A sudden influx of Duelists appeared with the ChristMas Charity Corporation, founded by Dr. Christopher Mason, a moderately well-known Duelist, archaeology and history enthusiast and former Kaiba Corp Technology Department Head Scientist. Christopher, in a excavated barrow found in the North Pole, discovered the card set of "Santa Claus". With Kaiba Corp's new technology for manifesting Duel Spirits in the flesh, Christopher Mason brought Santa Claus to life. Santa Claus is the Duel Spirit of charity and giving. His manifested abilities allowed him to manufacture items without a production cost. With the power of Santa Claus behind him, Christopher Mason started the charity, setting Santa and his elves to work at creating Duel Disks and Duel Gazers. Christopher charged very low costs for ordinary folk and gave them out for free to the poor. The ChristMas Charity Corporation allowed thousands of aspiring Duelists achieve their dreams.

Not everyone was happy with the success of the ChristMas Charity Corporation. Dr. Mason's former employers, Kaiba Corp, was displeased. They were losing money and coming towards bankruptcy. The ChristMas Charity Corporation was a threat. The current CEO, Muramasa Kaiba (I'm not even sure what Muramasa means... could someone tell me?), began sending Duel Assassins after Christopher Mason to challenge him to Shadow Games.

Dr. Mason, with the help of Santa Claus, had defeated five so far, but he knows that the skill of the Assassins will increase and he won't be able to hold them off much longer and seeks skilled Duelists to help him...
[/spoiler]

There are also other things going on, yet to be revealed, including [spoiler='Spoiler'] a Divine Trinity.[/spoiler]

Well this is supposed to be a roleplay, so the entrants can make their own decks, however I'm going to have some nice holiday themed decks for the other workers for Christopher Mason. His chauffeur is going to have a "Reindeer" deck (get it? :D) and a friend of his will have a "Yuletidal" Deck (a WATER Attribute Deck :D)

I've been thinking about doing a RP based on a mix of Magi an Yu-Gi-Oh! but haven't decided on the equation yet, whether it will be like Magi with yugioh for metal vessels and magic, or something like dungeons coming into existence in the Yugiverse and having spirit cards coming into play and some plot attributes from Magi coming into play.

So I have noticed an unfortunate lack of Pokemon RPs, I tried starting one a while a go, but it didn't get enough people, and died. Every Pokemon RP I've seen on this forum has either died from inactivity, or not enough people have joined. So I propose a save Pokemon RPs project, I would like to collaborate on a Pokemon RP, but to make sure this would just die like some of its predecessors, who would be interested?

Sorry for taking so long, I had some things that I had to sort out first.
Alright my first RP Idea is were we could make an alternate reality were Team Plasma and N actually succeed, or this...
[spoiler='RP Idea']To what you ask. Well to the Lumiere Games, of course! A tournament were the strongest Trainer’s gather to figure out the best among them, and guess who we’ve deemed worthy. You have been selected among the pool of all Trainer’s worldwide, and having made it through our rigorous selection process, you were selected to compete. By participating you will be flown to the Hanging Gardens, this tournaments main grounds, to compete. The Hanging Gardens are a manmade structure, which is anchored to Moon Grace Mountain, located in the waters between Hoenn and Sinnoh. The structure is similar in structure to a chandelier, and has a main area will you be staying and battling for a good portion of the tournament, and four branch off areas which we call the Dens of Light. Each den contains a member of the Candelabra Quartette, some of the most powerful Trainers in the world. By responding to this letter you will have the chance to meet rare Pokémon from faraway regions, win fabulous prizes, and if you make I through the preliminary round a chance to face the Candelabra Quartette. If you defeat all four of the Quartette, then you have the chance to face our Luminatta Queen, the Hanging Garden’s Champion. Though we should warn you though lately we have had several attacks on our grounds by a mysterious group known as Team Luminary. They claim to want to enlighten all of the peoples of the world, and their tool will be the Regla Core, a device which powers the Hanging Gardens. [/spoiler]
Also Piercer great to have you on board!

I may be more in favor with the first idea, only because the second idea NEVER works. Ever. They always die, always, always, always. In the entire history of YCM, such constructs never get far at all. Just warnin' ya. I'll still help no matter what you try, though.

Meanwhile, apart from the planned Legend Moon RP sequel to Legend Blood, I've also been considering a traditional Puella Magi Madoka Magica RP....does anyone know it?

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1353010568' post='6070452']
Meanwhile, apart from the planned Legend Moon RP sequel to Legend Blood, I've also been considering a traditional Puella Magi Madoka Magica RP....does anyone know it?
[/quote]

Not [i]well[/i] on my end. Tried making a witch for the last one and the entire app blew up in my face =/

But I might be willing to take a stab at another one if one were to pop up.

[quote name='SunKistRebelution' timestamp='1353014028' post='6070510']
No, but I might consider getting to know it if you'll elaborate. Please do.
[/quote]

PMMM is a magical girl anime where little girls with magical potential, mostly junior high school students but can be just about anyone under the age of sixteen, make a contract with a cute animal called Kyubey. In return for getting a wish granted, the girl will be turned into a powerful magical girl with powers based on the wish they made, and must fight evil witch monsters!

Wait, don't go just yet! Despite the cute art style (art dissonance), it's actually quite a dark anime, with the writer having been Gen Urobochi. Deconstruction, you know? When a girl is turned into a magical girl, they get [color=white]turned into sort of liches with their soul placed in [/color]a Soul Gem ([color=white]they are led to believe that [/color]it simply stores their mana). Not only that, but when a Soul Gem turns wholly black, wholly corrupted without being cleansed by the Grief Seeds that witches drop (blackness being despair, maybe because their selfless wish is backfiring on them), their (mahou shoujo) Soul Gems shatter [color=white]into Grief Seeds as they turn into witches themselves (majo).[/color]

I spoilered a bit in white text just in case. All I can see is it's definitely worth checking out, though the truth doesn't start until Episode 3.

The RP plot itself is pretty simple. A month ago, a high-populance city (let's call it Lotus City) was attacked by a super-powerful witch, and was wrecked. Muggles probably viewed it as a large earthquake though. Since then, a mysterious magical girl has been going about trying to convince girls to become Puella Magi and form some sort of...team or army. At the same time, more and more witches are beginning to appear, and muggles are probably confused about the sudden outbreak of suicides. There has been no order to evacuate.

That's just the basic outline.

I was thinking of maybe starting an Assassin's Creed/Yu-Gi-Oh! Crossover kind of RP. Not with Altair and Ezio playing children's card games, that would just be silly, but something like taking the lore behind the Assassin's Creed games and put them in a Yu-Gi-Oh! setting.

It takes place in present day and the conflict between the Assassin's Order and the Templars is obviously the main theme. Would anyone be interested in this or am I just wasting my time here?

@Asirson that's quite an interesting idea I'd like to see how its fleshes out

@Merciful how much knowledge would be needed on Puella, because I only watched like the first two episodes, before I got too busy to continue watching.

@all people working on the Pokemon RP Alright I'm cool with either idea, but lets take a vote whoever likes whatever idea cast your vote

[quote name='ClearAngel' timestamp='1353126130' post='6071542']
@Merciful how much knowledge would be needed on Puella, because I only watched like the first two episodes, before I got too busy to continue watching.
[/quote]

You do realize you just missed the best episode? Um, well, just watch Episode 3 to the very end and you should be set.

Happy to see so many are actually interested in it, I'll start to work on it immediately.

@beginning: I understand how you feel and I'm truly sorry about the Pokémon Academy "fiasco", it's just that I wasn't prepared for the amount of work that was coming my way at that time, and that RP really needed an active host. In the AC/YGO RP I plan to have 1-2 co-hosts that will keep the RP active when I'm not able to.

Also a question to those interested; would you like some part of the RP to take place in a distant time with the character's ancestors, where duels are played similarly to the DiaDhank duels at the end of the original YGO?

Archived