so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

[quote name='Piercer of the Heavens' timestamp='1357197916' post='6109942']
A magic vs. futuristic technology RP.
[/quote]

*cough*PowerRangers*cough*

Sorry, just pointing out the obvious. But I'm curious as to how this'll play out. True, I had intentions for an Onimusha RP to be set in modern times, but really, it would be just for the prologue of the plot. The rest will be mainly in the future, but time may also play a key role. Can't be sure though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size=3][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Well, since Legend Blood's almost at its climax (I'M FINALLY FINISHING MY VERY FIRST RP AFTER SO MANY FAILURES YAAAY) and it's already January, I may as well post the idea of the sequel now. Now, that sequel is [b]Legend Moon,[/b] and since it's set a long twenty years[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] after the first, it should be pretty easy for newcomers to join. Since[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] the RP's [i]not[/i] done yet, many things are bound to change. Also,[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] it's a remake of[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] this[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] failed RP sequel to the original Blood.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Legend Moon is set upon a fantasy-reality planet called Lath, where[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] humans (who are medieval but control magic) and vampires (who have[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] modern technology and possess enhanced abilities) reside as separate[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] races, in an alliance...while werewolves (transforming humans with super-enhanced abilities) have suddenly popped out of nowhere to attack Noirlune.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][spoiler=Past][/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]There was once a small and peaceful world called Lath, and two races live in that world, the first race was the [i]human race[/i]. These peaceful[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] beings lived a harmonious existence for a long time, living peacefully in a stasis[/background][/font][/color] for almost a thousand years, where nobody had any desire to change or expand.

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]But then the second race appeared into this peaceful era, the formidable [i]vampire race[/i]. Perhaps they had started off as a mutation of[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] humans, or perhaps as demons with amnesia. In any case, nobody knows[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] anymore. These long-lived conquerors set out to build great cities and[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] gain dominion over all living things. In time, their aggression[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] enslaved the passive Human race, who were quite pathetic. The vampires[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] reigned supreme, and the humans were kept as slaves.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Divided by hatred, a revolt was beginning. With no other choice,[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] the humans tapped into a mystical energy known as 'magic'. They[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] learned it, and when the time was right, a war for freedom began. With[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] unexpected force, they damaged the Vampire kingdom, and with magic[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] began to overpower the Vampires in bloody confrontations. But in the[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] end, neither could defeat the other and in the end, they settled with a truce.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]And so the two races, despite their differences, began to coexist with each other.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Twenty years ago, in the capital city of Nuevida, a human-hating[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] tyrant called Lord Elnaer rose to the throne and threatened this truce. He hunted down a large majority of[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] the humans within the three years of his reign, having declared them all to be killed. But as they persisted on, he delved into forbidden research attempted to enact[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] a plan that would eradicate all the humans on the planet, but was[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] ultimately defeated by the combined might of rebels in the Battle of Nuevida Castle. [/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Afterwards, he was replaced by a benevolent vampire who proceeded to mend the human race and helped in forging an even tighter alliance between the two races than before. Ever since then, there has been peace[/background][/font][/color].

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][/spoiler][/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][spoiler=This is the gist of the plot (it won't actually be written like this, mind you)][/background][/font][/color][/size]

[center][size=3][i]The curse shall twist and bind
Crimson moon with nothing to find
The legend to wither and tire
And the comet strikes through like fire[/i][/size][/center]

[size=3][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Taking place in the queer city of Noirlune, where the sky is always grey, it rains a lot, and waking up to a bright morning sky is known as a bad omen. Despite this[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] ominousness, Noirlune happens to be the most technologically-advanced[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] and human-friendly anywhere, and is also possibly the only place in[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] the world who accepts the existence of hybrids. But things changed[/background][/font][/color][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] when a mysterious red moon appeared, a moon only visible in that city and nowhere else for some reason, constantly in the sky.[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Humans and vampires have always been the only races [/background][/font][/color]in Lath, but there have been exceedingly rare cases of the 'werewolf' phenomenon. Every year for one day on the full moon, humans would undergo a transformation that turns them into a wolf-based monster, where they would ravage their surroundings. It was thought to be a myth...at first. But after the appearance of the crimson moon, these lycanthropes gained the ability to transform at will, and also to infect others.

A particular werewolf by the name of Wylfred has somehow managed to either gain control of them or earn their trust, and has created a lair for them all in the outskirts of Noirlune, having been directing them in focused attacks for the past few months, slaughtering anyone who dares stand in their way. For some reason, he wants to take control over the city, and has also generated a fog around it, effectively cutting off the residents from escaping. His main goal is to take over the mayor's tower, which has the power to achieve his dream...turning everyone on this planet into a werewolf.

Only the newly-appointed mayor herself, Azami Yamada, stands in his way. Lately, posters for anyone brave enough to fight against these vicious beasts have been scattered around the advanced-yet-threatened Noirlune, wanting to form a group that can resist and defeat the werewolves.
[/spoiler]

[i]That[/i] is just the overall summary. It won't be out for another few weeks, though. Well, is there anything I should add or remove?[/size]

[size=3][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)][size=3][color=#222222][font=arial,sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]"Humans and vampires have always been the only races [/background][/font][/color]in Lath"[/size][/background][/font][/color][/size] O'really? xD

Y'know, I seemed to lie about disappearing, so I might as well end up rejoining it as Feredir; presumably as some kind of royal advisor or something, sent to study and investigate the phenomenon (perhaps alongside Alexi, if Ketodama wishes; some kind of science/magic team).

As for stuff to add/remove, it honestly all seems good. Perhaps a bit more information on Azami would be nice, because she's still a bit of a mystery even in the Legend Blood thread; but, of course, that bit's up to you. If you're planning something with her, or making her a recurring character, that'd be cool. (I picture her as a kind of Angela from the inheritance series)

I'm still not sure what to do with Azami myself. She is a sort of Angela, isn't she? I was at first planning to just make her a secondary antagonist to Wylfred, but then I realized the greater potential of making her the John Alexander of Legend Moon. Afterall, all those new characters shouldn't know about her involvement with Lord Elnaer and...sudden change.

I was also at first hesitant to add werewolves since it might overcomplicate things, but then I looked back at the old thread and realized 'people DO like werewolves, don't they?'. So I think it could work despite all the races now split into three.

I would say dont let people play werewolves - mainly because it would over complicate stuff and could have the chance to ruin the RP - but people would probably rage.

I dont think Azami should be exactly like John; I'd like to see her in more things, and perhaps you could keep her enigma status, like Angela. Angela was always my favourite character from inheritance because of that Enigma, so the same could be with Azami.

Relax. Azami's enigma status will be there, and if you look at LB, you'd see that she's very far from John. Also, right now what's importance isn't the human/vampire balance. It's the everything else/werewolf balance. So there could be like four vampires and only one humans, but that would be okay since there'd be five werewolves to match.

Also, we should probably take this to PMs. Dominating the planning thread much?

DWG, I sorta disagree with having nobody play werewolves. I say we have a limit of 2-3, depending on how many new people join Moon. I'd more than likely go with just two people be werewolves (Minus Wylfred), because my Vampire character from the old Moon might have ruined the RP by fighting Wylfred so early in. Bottom line is, I might keep my rivalry story for my character, but I'll see how things turn out in my app.

BTW, if you're gonna take this to the PMs, add me into it. I'd like to give my input too.

I dont remember Legend Moon :/ I remember the original legend Blood, but not the Legend Moon. And I just searched up the old thread, and yeah; I wasn't in it. O.o I wonder what happened...

[s]Yeah, you might as well add me to this PM as well. Swifty'll probably have more ideas, but I can add the occasional bit of help.[/s] Ninja'd by the PM...That's a first for me, I gotta say.

Well now that that's out of the way, I can easily say I have a small update on what to do with my Onimusha RP.

Instead of it taking place entirely in modern day Japan, I'll have it start there, and then move onto a futuristic time in a small village in China closest to the Yellow River (Looking it up later to verify), and possibly the United States and Britain. Now, I originally had intentions of just making the villains necro-terrorists, that use White Phosphorus as a personal weapon, with intentions on resurrecting Lord Nobunaga. Bo-ring! :P So, after giving it some thought, I decided to put time into this, literally. :D Time travel will be a main element in this RP that would be only half-necessary throughout the whole thing. Now, the plot itself isn't structured entirely, but my intentions are that my main character (Still working on him in my mind) has intentions on building an army (Including the previous main protagonists of the other games, including Jubei) to stop ancient Chrono-Terrorists (With the ability to summon the same demon pawns as always) from creating the ultimate Time Paradox, which is completely destroying the time stream. Basically, the main enemy intends on having previous Onimusha main villains from the past be allied with this force to further their own ends. I also have intentions of a prophecy being made, in which involves the resetting of time itself and fitting it to the terrorists' image. And how will it be done? I have no clue.

That's all I have for now. Any thoughts on expansion? I'm also allowing characters in China, the USA and Britain (Possibly more areas if I deem it necessary) if that'll make things a bit more diverse in the character line. Granted, in the last Onimusha game, I think there was a British character (Not sure, I forget, but his weapon were magically enhanced boxer gloves that could shatter anything, given the amount of time and effort needed) that was very helpful in defeating the final boss. So, yeah, any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, I think I finally got a name that works: [b]Onimusha - The Paradox War[/b]. Thoughts?

I wanna do a fan RP and I haven't seen many sci-fi and/or mech RPs around here, so I might try one. This is what I have so far... it's not really refined/polished yet.

The Zero Requiem was a success, Lelouche's master plan succeeded in resolving world conflicts, dissipating hate and focusing the world on reconstruction and relief... but war cannot be kept away forever. Human greed and ambition still existed and would eventually, once more, lead to hate, conflict and discrimination.

[b]Plot[/b]
Almost three centuries after the completion of the Zero Requiem, the world, once more, falls into turmoil. Year 2300 Ascension Throne Britannia (a.t.b.), Adolf König succeeds in overthrowing and conquering the heart of the Holy Britannian Empire, America, renaming it the Axis Empire and begins enforcing his ideals of racism and discrimination onto his dominion and begins worship of the Goddess Who Walks The Earth, L.L. (pronounced L2). He turns to the rest of the world on a quest for total domination.
Entire countries are massacred. Those who do not bend to his will become slaves, sent to labor camps. His technology is vastly superior to the rest of the world. The other two world superpowers, the European Nation and the Chinese Federation are constantly being pushed back, forced to give up more and more of their territory. [u]Is there yet still hope for the world?[/u]
[hr][spoiler='Aleksander and K.K.']"Who are you?" demanded Aleksander. Before him was a girl, who looked to be about his age, 17, with snow-white hair that reached down almost to her ankles. They stood in the devastation of two toppled skyscrapers, seemingly unscathed by the destruction. Bent metal and debris littered the scene and dust corrupted the air, knocked up by the fall. There was the telltale smell of burning, but it was in the distance, of no immediate concern to the two. The girl did not speak for a time and they just stood there, looking at each other. Aleksander was about to order her to speak again, when she spoke.
"You... really do look like him, huh?" She sat down on a fallen pillar and pulled out a picture frame and began, presumably, trying to find the difference between the two. Aleksander caught a glimpse of the picture as she was pulling it out. Though he did not see it clearly, it was unmistakably a picture of him... or this other person which the girl was referring to. "Though... you can't judge a book by its cover. Just because you look like him... doesn't necessarily mean you're like him."
"Like who?" demanded Aleksander. Though he spoke calmly, with authority rather than rage, he was rather frustrated. He did not like this girl's attitude, she was more or less ignoring him. "Who are you... and... are you immortal?" he asked. He looked at the girl's side, where the cloth of the girl's dress was torn revealing completely unmarked, smooth skin. Earlier, pushing Aleksander out of the way, she had gotten hit by a torn and jagged beam which fell from above.
"And so what if I am?" she asked, finally responding to something Aleksander said.
"[i]You[/i] are... the [i]Goddess[/i]?" He spoke the last word with contempt.
The girl merely smiled. Aleksander glared at her with unmistakable hate. He was about to strike out when she said. "Calm down. I am not," she said. "And I am in no way affiliated with the Axis." Outwardly, Aleksander appeared to have calmed down, but he was still regarding the girl with suspicion. "You desire to see the fall of the Axis... no?" Aleksander did not reply and the girl smiled. "Still suspicious?" she asked. "Ah... well... we must hurry. They are coming this way." Just as she said that, Aleksander caught glimpses of aircraft on the horizon. The girl stood up and leaned forwards, reaching out for Aleksander, touching him on the forehead while he was offguard. Upon contact the world disappeared. Hundreds of scenes flashed by before his eyes, scenes of the past, scenes of his happy childhood, but then destroyed by the invasion. "Do you want to destroy the Axis... but how can one like you do so... without power?" He heard the girl's voice in his head while more scenes passed. A war unfolded before his eyes. Knightmares sowed mass destruction upon each other. "I can give you power... but, in exchange... you must make my 1 wish come true. Accept this contract... and while you live in the world of humans... you will live unlike them, above them... A different providence... A different time... A different life... the power of the King will isolate you... Are you prepared?"
"Power...?"
"The power of the King... the power to rule. The power to regain your birthright... accept this contract... and it will be yours..."
More scenes flashed by. Showing him glory... showing the destruction of the Axis... the execution of König... his coronation...
"Very well. I accept."
[/spoiler]
[hr][b]You[/b]
You are another wielder of the Geass. The power of the King, obtained through an immortal. Whether you got the Geass from K.K. (the white-haired girl which Aleksander is associated with) or another immortal is up to your choice. I will limit to there being two other immortals created by RPers. You are to join Aleksander's resistance group, located on the West Coast of America, called the White Knights and you will fight Britannia.

"the heart of the Holy Britannian Empire, America"

......EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!
Is that some Code Geass thing[size=1](I presume Code Geass, from what the last paragraph said. Never watched it myself though)[/size]? Because Britannian sounds British, and I'd think Britain would be the heart of a British empire.

As for the no Mech/Sci-fi things, there's actually quite a few of them...or, at least, there used to be. I have to admit, they seem to be dying out now. But I've got a futuristic/space sci-fi RP in planning at the moment. So perhaps we can bring it back.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357342590' post='6111418']
"the heart of the Holy Britannian Empire, America"

......EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!
Is that some Code Geass thing[size=1](I presume Code Geass, from what the last paragraph said. Never watched it myself though)[/size]? Because Britannian sounds British, and I'd think Britain would be the heart of a British empire.
[/quote]

It doesn't sound British, it IS British, but it could still be America since Code Geass follows a timeline where the colonists lost the revolution. At least that's what I always thought because when they show Britania it looks more like America with Britain of to the side of the ocean .3.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357348723' post='6111511']
>.> I still think that the heart of the british empire would always be Britain. >.>
[/quote]it is.

i've got a plot here, need some advice.
[spoiler=plot][i]December 1[sup]st[/sup], 1918[/i]
[i]It has been three weeks since the Germans surrendered. We thought the war was over. We went back to our families and saw our children for the first time in four years. But we were wrong...this war will never end. The Germans produced soldiers that even the Empire cannot kill with several bullets. These soldiers...they aren’t living. The faces tell stories...agony, pain and bloodlust. Some say they made a deal with the Devil...but I don’t believe that. The sun never sets on Britannia, even on the horizon of these half-breeds. These demons...I saw them rip apart a friends’ body like paper and scissors. I don’t know what those Jerries were thinking when they created these abominations of the earth.[/i]

[i]January 5[sup]th[/sup], 1919[/i]
[i]Almighty God, save us from this hell! The demons have risen from the trenches and are moving towards Britannia! We must protect our king and country. The French have fallen and the remnants are taking refuge here. There is some good news, however. A mere shot to the head will put them back into the ground, as a major found out yesterday afternoon. There is hope for the Empire after all – these ‘undead’, as the soldiers here have begun to call them, can at last be shot and they will stay on the ground instead of getting up again. [/i]

You (the participants), will each play a soldier of any European origin, or you could play a basic survivor with at least some skill (cooking, manufacturing [factories], etc.) You will fight to save Europe as a combined unit of ex-military and civilian survivors, as when the governments of the world found out about the undead situation, they immediately shut themselves in old bunkers and blitz shelters deep underground. You will be alone until you find the main group (or if you find a small group of survivors in a factory or something, PM me about this when you want to post something of the sort). Until then, you must survive in undead-occupied France alone, gathering supplies and ammunition (give or take, ammo and supplies won’t be very regular sights in a country that has been overrun for just over a month). If you choose to join up with the main group, you will be kitted with appropriate items, such as clothes, food and a gun.
Be warned...if you die...you stay dead.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Sapphyre' timestamp='1357101487' post='6108798']
So would anyone be interested in a Kid Icarus RP? I borrowed Uprising from my brother, and I thought it was good for the most part. Then I thought I must bring this to my people at YCM. But yeah Kid Icarus anyone?
[/quote]

Ignored :'(
So anyone care to humor me hear?

Since my last attempt flopped hard, I'm considering my options for my next roleplay.

What I'm thinking is something inspired by the original Theseus' quest; a sort of voyage-based, sort of mythic, quest scenario where the players work together to accomplish some goal. The players probably wouldn't have magic, but they'd probably go up against enemies who do.

Anyone with any interest at all?

Think Indiana Jones meets Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm loose on the exact specifics of the moment, but the main idea is that the players will be going up against magical or spiritual enemies of some sort in wild, savage environments far from any sort of society. Since I'm going for a mythic sort of feel, the technology level's going to be rather low-end, but schizophrenic enough that you don't need to worry too much if you're using pulley systems or crossbows or whatever. The primary plot idea would likely be something simple as "retrieve plot coupon X from dangerous monster at the end of the world", standard Greek legend fare, at least at first. The idea is that it's less of a plot-intensive story on rails, and more of an episodic adventure-of-the-day thing a bit closer to tabletop RPG campaigns.

I'm trying not to pull any specific ideas out, given I don't want to waste the time if it turns out nobody cares about the basic idea.

...and if you were looking for any other options, I suppose I still have some old court-intrigue / high-fantasy knights (Fire Emblem, essentially) RP concept lying around on my desktop. And that weird Bleach thing about Vedic Hollows that only Rinne knows about.

Archived