so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

It will of course be very action oriented, with pirates, rival crews, sea monsters and Drowned defense mechanisms ("We're dead and won't need this, but you won't get to it that easily!") Also, the captain (which would be played by me) is a former pirate, so that the crew will have to wonder if they can trust him or not. In the time between the adventures there would be character development and relationship building. There's no magic. At all. Not even the Drowned had magic.

The idea about a city rising from the depths and several Treasure Hunters racing there is not a bad idea, and I might actually [s]steal[/s]use it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Aesirson That sounds quite fun, I'd probably join. lol what happened to that other RP you were planning Aesir

@Renegade Its not a bad idea, I don't have too many suggestions at the moment just maybe you might want to allow people to be villains?

@people helping planning the Pokemon RP so if were going with the Team Plasma RP what canon characters should we include. I mean characters such as N, and Ghetsis right as they're the bosses, but who else or just that.

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1353856972' post='6077510']
It will of course be very action oriented, with pirates, rival crews, sea monsters and Drowned defense mechanisms ("We're dead and won't need this, but you won't get to it that easily!") Also, the captain (which would be played by me) is a former pirate, so that the crew will have to wonder if they can trust him or not. In the time between the adventures there would be character development and relationship building. There's no magic. At all. Not even the Drowned had magic.

The idea about a city rising from the depths and several Treasure Hunters racing there is not a bad idea, and I might actually [s]steal[/s]use it.
[/quote]

Avoiding magic is definitely a good idea, what kind of technology is available in this RP? Is it fairly hitech or is it swords and bows?

[quote name='ClearAngel' timestamp='1353873054' post='6077761']
@Aesirson That sounds quite fun, I'd probably join. lol what happened to that other RP you were planning Aesir

@Renegade Its not a bad idea, I don't have too many suggestions at the moment just maybe you might want to allow people to be villains?

@people helping planning the Pokemon RP so if were going with the Team Plasma RP what canon characters should we include. I mean characters such as N, and Ghetsis right as they're the bosses, but who else or just that.
[/quote]

Hmmm...I'd worry about lower leveled members randomly challenging people to Pokemon battles though. The bad guys don't really make an appearance for a little while, and I'd worry that anyone who signed up to be a bad guy would lose interest...

As I mentioned earlier, technology is very Steampunk-ish, which includes the weapons. However, the Drowned had very advanced technology, including Artificial intelligence, holograms and portal creation, and this technology remain as Drowned artifacts, but these artifacts are extremely rare, and so far no human have been able to replicate the abilities of any Drowned artifacts.

[quote name='Aesirson' timestamp='1353875966' post='6077815']
As I mentioned earlier, technology is very Steampunk-ish, which includes the weapons. However, the Drowned had very advanced technology, including Artificial intelligence, holograms and portal creation, and this technology remain as Drowned artifacts, but these artifacts are extremely rare, and so far no human have been able to replicate the abilities of any Drowned artifacts.
[/quote]

How much different do the Drowned look from humans?

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1353884716' post='6077933']
How much different do the Drowned look from humans?
[/quote]Haven't really thought about that since I didn't plan for any Drowned to show up. I guess they are very human-like with some alien futures (like different colored skin/eyes, "elven" ears or something)

I'm down for the idea, Aesirson; it sounds great. I also happen to love the story arc idea from AixDivadis.

Question/Idea: Why not have multiple crews going on at the same time? I'm not entirely sure how you would manage the action. Perhaps a different topic for each ship/crew if you gathered enough interested people, of course. You would also preside over these as a whole, but you could potentially select a captain for each of the other crews/ships. Eh?

Story Arc Ideas/Plot Ideas:
1. (more archaeologist oriented) figuring out why the planet flooded
2. a significant portion of the Drowned actually survived the flood for the most part and live in a satellite colony in the atmosphere (advanced technology, you did say)
3. captain is one of the Drowned?
4. uncover a Drowned artifact that disrupts the planet's mantle, causing undersea volcanoes to temporarily form and generate new islands all across the oceans; then explore/compete
5. discovering the existence of a floating island, similar to the myth of Delos
6. traverse a bermuda-triangle-esque section of the sea, maybe discover it is caused by Drowned artifacts
7. Find an undersea civilization composed of Atlantean-style beings

I think that's everything my brain can produce at the moment... Hope I helped!

1. Finding out why the planet flooded to begin with is one of the main reasons that mankind want to find as many artifacts as possible.
2. Not a bad idea, and I was actually thinking about something similar earlier, but I feel that it may be a bit over-the-top. I'll see how the RP goes first.
3. Most likely not.
4. There wouldn't be much to explore on newly created islands, but the idea of a cataclysm-causing artifact I like (maybe it's the reason of the flood?)
5-6 Maybe.
7. I feel stupid for not thinking about this earlier. Some of the Drowned may have prepared for the flood and genetically manipulated themselves to fit for life under water, and has since transformed into mermen. Another idea that I would like to use if the RP goes well enough.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm starting on the first post now and I think it'll be up sometime tomorrow.

Also, since I have a past history of becoming inactive at times I would like to have a co-host that can keep the RP running. Would anyone who's experienced with running RPs do me the honor?

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1353714487' post='6076500']
Alright so I've been nurturing this idea for awhile. I was originally going to make it a fanfic, but thought it was about time I tried to host a successful RP. And since the recent topic is Pokemon RP's it's the perfect time to bring it up. So here it is...

[spoiler=Spoiler]
The world has changed since Ash and his friends ventured across the world...a lot. There is no longer a distinction between regions, everything has merged. But how can this be?

Team Magma struck. They got what they wished for. After battling it out with various Trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and even Champions, Team Magma awakened Groudon and all of his mighty power. But in an attempt to harness his power, Team Magma angered Groudon and sent him into a furious rage. There was no stopping it, Groudon let loose all of its power. The land shook, mountains collapsed, and volcanoes erupted. The world thought it was entering its last chapter, but with a final roar of power Groudon's fit ceased. But its mark on the world would not be so easy to erase. The regions that had once been separate had collided and became one. The event was appropriately titled The Merge.

The Merge took the lives of many...but not just humans. Pokemon too. For years the world was in a state of panic as it learned to cope with its new surroundings and the scars of the past. But now, finally, the world has seemed to find peace. Something needed to be done. A celebration. A party. Something special....a tournament. The world would be hosting its biggest tournament yet. Trainers from all over would be invited to compete. Anyone. Anywhere. The prize? A Pokemon egg...a very special egg. The prelims of the tournament would take place all across the globe. After the prelims the tournament will move to an island located, conveniently and somewhat cliche-ly, at the very center of the super-region in Lake Arcanum. The lake is said to be guarded by Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, but as of now the rumor has not been confirmed.

---

With all this excitement, there of course has to be some trouble. After The Merge the villainous teams of the world seemed to realize their mistake in trying to control the legendary Pokemon of the world and the consequences of interfering with nature and soon dispersed. But a new team has emerged. Adopting the name of the most previously influential nefarious team of Team Rocket. This new and improved Team Rocket has a new goal in mind though. Cleansing the world of the Legendary Pokemon. They believe them to be too powerful, to unpredictable for them to exist. They have infiltrated the tournament, in hopes of finding trainers that own Legendary Pokemon or know the location of Legendary Pokemon. Knowing that they will be going up against very powerful Pokemon, this new Team Rocket are no pushovers.

---

You are a competitor in this tournament and have made it through the prelims of the tournament. You have just arrived on Arcanum Island. You are not just any competitor though. You have, in some way or another, been touched by a Legendary Pokemon. You have gained the attention of Team Rocket, although you are not aware of the danger that hovers around you.
[/spoiler]

So what do you think? I know there are some flaws, but I was kinda hoping you guys could help me in the fixing of the holes in the story...
[/quote]

I need some help planning out one of my characters in this RP. It is fairly simple for anybody that has an understanding about Pokemon. One of the main characters here is a king that is hosting the tournament. I simply need a Pokemon team that would fit a 'kingly' nature. It has to include the following:

1. Absol
2. Dragonite

Any help that could be given would be much appreciated. Also, I looked for a seperate place to plan just characters, but didn't see any, please tell me if this is the wrong section.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1354481294' post='6083486']
Would new Legendaries created by the applicant be allowed?
[/quote]

No there are not going to be any new Pokemon in this RPG. I originally thought about putting some in, because with new Pokemon interacting because of the Merge there are bound to be some genetic and phenotypic mutations, but thought that maybe it was going to be too complicated. So, no new Pokemon. Any ideas as to who else to put on the king's team?

So I know I'm a new member but I've been thinking about starting an RP. A Bleach RP in fact. But I've been on YCM before but with many different accounts names and I've been in many RP's before and even made a few of my own. I really want to try and stay active and be involved in a RP, so I have a reason to be active (especially now since I have a mobile device with Internet most of the time) So I would like some ideas or suggestions for my story and a form(I kinda have one planned out) also if there are any active Bleach RP's(that are accepting) PLEASE let me know. My story is a little like this. It takes place 200 years in the future so a majority of the mains characters are dead (I'm trying to think of some that might be alive or if any would have even died) and there is a new threat coming up against the Seireitei, they're called the Desu Dira(Death Dealers), humans with extraordinary power over souls and reiatsu. After that I'm kinda lost.....So help?
P.S. If I don't respond quickly enough, it's because I'm out to dinner with friends.

[quote name='SadoChad17' timestamp='1355012026' post='6088604']
So I know I'm a new member but I've been thinking about starting an RP. A Bleach RP in fact. But I've been on YCM before but with many different accounts names and I've been in many RP's before and even made a few of my own. I really want to try and stay active and be involved in a RP, so I have a reason to be active (especially now since I have a mobile device with Internet most of the time) So I would like some ideas or suggestions for my story and a form(I kinda have one planned out) also if there are any active Bleach RP's(that are accepting) PLEASE let me know. My story is a little like this. It takes place 200 years in the future so a majority of the mains characters are dead (I'm trying to think of some that might be alive or if any would have even died) and there is a new threat coming up against the Seireitei, they're called the Desu Dira(Death Dealers), humans with extraordinary power over souls and reiatsu. After that I'm kinda lost.....So help?
P.S. If I don't respond quickly enough, it's because I'm out to dinner with friends.
[/quote]
First of all, Soul Reapers live for centuries, so pretty much all the characters should still be alive if its only 200 years in the future (Yamamoto was over 1000 years old). Secondly, the Desu Dira sound like Quinceys and for a reason why they want to destroy Soul Society... well you could have 1) Some ancient Super-Duper-Powerful Vasto Lorde is their leader and he used to rule Soul Society, he wants to take it back and kill the Spirit King. 2) They have the ability to resurrect people and its unbalancing shiz. 3) Well... I dunno. But those are some ideas.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1355012919' post='6088620']
1) Some ancient Super-Duper-Powerful [b]Vasto Lorde (those are hollows)[/b] is their leader and he used to rule Soul Society, he wants to take it back and kill the Spirit King.
2) They have the ability to resurrect people and its unbalancing shiz.
3) Well... I dunno. But those are some ideas.
[/quote]

I guess it could be an interesting concept for hollows to have ruled the soul society but that would be a super long prequel seeing as Soul Society is a pretty established event.

As for the story feel like Death Dealers was taken straight out of Underworld lore and instead of quincies they really sound like what fullbrings were supposed to be. Personally I feel every "new threat" that soul society has to overcome read horrible bleach filler arc.rather the death dealers be an internal rebellion of sorts that take place long after the passing/promotion of other captains.

Archived