so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, this will be my first RP on this site as I have decided to finally get into RP making here. I have made countless RP's on many forums but never made one here due to so many rules that I felt I couldn't keep up. Well I have decided to try anyways.

I have designed an RP that is COD:BO2 related.

The story takes place on the island of Bermuda. It takes place after the mixed ending in which Harper dies, Mason quits the force, Menendez dies, and the Cordis die phenomenon has spread and created a new movement. One proponent of the new movement is Takun Pilaf who is leading Cordis die forces all over the world in the aftermath of this new conflict. Joint CIA and FBI special forces have found his location on the island of Bermuda. However, they don't know what he looks like, and the peoples rallying support of Pilaf makes it harder to find out who he is and where he is located, and even are fighting back against the Western forces, supplying arms and stallions. Due to the crisis at hoof, Madame President of the United States has commissioned a special unit dedicated to the mission in Bermuda. They have been nicknamed the "Double BO" or "Bermuda Black Ops".

The idea I am working on with this is a synchronization of Video Gameplay and Role Play realism. This connection, I hope, might produce promising results for future RP's of mine.

I would have those who make characters make there own Class as if it were Create-A-Class from the BO2 multiplayer. They must pick a primary weapon, secondary weapon, attachments for both, primary and secondary grenade or item. This class will stick through them for the ENTIRE story and actions they do with weapons will have to involve there class unless they pick a weapon off the ground or something. Those who join the RP can either be a Double BO operative or a Cordis die supporter.

What do you think guys? Could my pseudo video game/role play synchronization will bear fruit?

I am not the type of guy to post in an OOC preparation thread because I am just not that type of guy. However, this is my first on YCM so I think it is important to do something like this for my first RP.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1355946382' post='6098239']
If I'm totally honest, I doubt there are that many RPers on here that are even fans of CoD, let alone want to RP it. It just doesn't seem like it'll be that successful.
[/quote]
That may be true. I mean I know A LOT of COD fans on here but I do not think they are RP'ers.
Oh well.

I had originally 3 ideas for an RP. That then escalated to 5 and so I picked this one. Then I got another idea which means I have 6 but since I might shelve the COD project I am back to 5.

I now have 5 ideas.

However, DaWeirdGuy was the idea itself good? I am not trying to be successful more like I am trying to create something fun for Role Players.

Agh, another RP I control has died or gotten seriously low traffic. Maybe cuz I rush things/writing them without thinking, proofreading or anything so it doesn't sound so cool/sounds cheesy/cliche and retarded. I'll try to rush things less in my next RP. I'd also perhaps like a really active co-host to help me.

I have mentioned before that I wanted to try doing a VRMMORPGRP, YFGA (Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game Roleplay, Yay For Giant Acronyms) and I spent a while thinking on how to make such an RP actually serious and not just a bunch of guys grinding and doing random quests that have no ultimate goal. It also seemed too shallow to simply want to be number 1 in the game or beat the storyline and etc. So I have actually thought up of a plot that, to the best of my information, has not been done before (a plot for a VRMMORPG has always been something like getting trapped in the game, or about whether or not AI were living and etc.). In this RP, since the people are not trapped in the game, there will be some "real life" interactions as well as plenty of character development space when you see the difference in personas of people online and offline.

Anyway, the plot, it takes place in 2025: More than a year ago, an explosion happened in (insert location here, not sure if I want this to happen in Japan or America) and over 9000 people disappeared (lol, over 9000, the number has yet to be determined, the number does not really matter, I think I might raise it to a million or more). It was a flash of light, rather, and it simply took all living beings in the area and made them vanish.

Special Agents discovered a strange crystal in the area, at the center of the flash and the crystal was taken to a top-secret research lab. The researchers tried many things, but they could not break it or find a way to use it, until they found that its workings were similar to a human mind, except without detectable sentience or actual thought, it visualized a massive world down to the tiniest detail and included all physics. It had a realism on a scale far beyond any Virtual Reality technology of the time. It even had beings living within, the AI was complex beyond anything humanity has ever achieved, thousands of sentient beings as well as monsters such as dragons and demons all lived and were processed at the same time. The scientists were able to enter the world by hooking it up to virtual reality systems and discover much, much more which they could not find outside. Readings detected that the crystal responded more as more living minds were connected to it. Further experiments found that you could manipulate the world, even use magic by imagining it happening and spawn in powerful weapons.

The scientists ventured deeper into the world, but they came to a halt at, according to what the NPCs said, the Lost Kingdom and the monsters there were too strong for any of them to pass, even with hacks and glitches. They realized that they needed more people in this to get through. The government hired the premier Virtual Reality Gaming company Dreamship VR Inc. to turn the world into a VRMMORPG so that people would enter and the crystal would react and more would be revealed about the strange world. It was given everything like a proper RPG, Levels and Quests so that more gamers would be lured in and want to explore this world. The government offers a 30 million USD prize for anyone who manages to "beat the game".

As the game progresses, players will realize that the RPG has something to do with the people who disappeared and many of them have people who were close to them who vanished during the incident. They will be drawn in more, be more hardcore gamers and etc. etc.

What do you guys think of the plot? Any suggestions for improvement? Anyone want to co-host?

Additional Info:
- Players will discover dungeons, quests and legendary artifacts that are not actually programmed by Dreamship VR, these originate from the world
- The world is sentient and seemed to have auto-adjusted those stuff into the game.
- Yes the stuff here was written in a rush, I will draw up a proper draft later.

The real life interactions were attempted in an RP that I jumped into a while back, only that RP flopped pretty hard. Can't remember the name of it but it looked like it was gonna be awesome.

Now, concerning your idea I absolutely love the concept and would adore playing in it. All the same, I would be hesitant in applying for a few reasons. The main one being the surprising run of bad luck I've had with RPs thus far. Seriously the RP I am currently in, Legend Blood, is grinding to a halt an thus agonizingly slowly approaching its end. In addition to that I have applied for four separate RPs in the last few weeks and either been accepted only for the RP to die in the making or been rejected because the host is only accepting a set number of players. Then there's the unfortunate luck of RPs like this to simply die a without getting more than a few pages in. I've seen VRMMORPGRPs die simply because people inexplicably stop posting in them.

Sounds great. I'd try to join.

And the death thing happens with almost every RP, to be honest. You should feel lucky that you're actually in an RP that is managing to finish; albeit just. I've been RPing for 2 years, and been in only 2 other RPs that have finished. It's sort of miraculous to have it finish.

lol Happy Rage by Kio. :D

Well, so far, I only have a small idea. As of now, the only thing I can think of is that it starts in modern day Japan, preferably the mainstream cities and some minor areas, along with the idea of an apocalypse being prophesied. Characters and the bunch will be difficult. I'll have to accept characters before I make the thread, and then allow 1 or 2 extras if need be.

I also had plans of adding white phosphorus (Which you would know what it is if you played Spec Ops: The Line all the way through) into the mix, but I'm unsure how to go about this. Any ideas, Kio?

Anyway, about my VRMMORPGRP, there are two things I want to ask everyone:

First of all, I can't think of a good name for it, as well as the game itself, the world and whatnot.
Second of all, would you people prefer to start from scratch or start after your characters have levelled up considerably in the game?

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1356291456' post='6100213']
What's the games name? Or is that what you can't think of .3.
[/quote]
Yeah. And it's just really an ordinary fantasy setting. The genericness gives opportunity for all sorts of sidequests... but speaking of that I haven't got much of a plot beyond the big plot either. However, I [i]have[/i] decided that the point of it will ultimately be to collect the fragments of this crystal and also defeat this one guy (no the crystal is not a weapon). However, Crystal Saga sounds dumb and it's a real game (cruddy browser MMO).

I'm horrible with names.

While Newbing it would seem most advisable for balance and stuff, it rarely ever works. I wouldn't make it a large difference, but allow people to be more powerful than merely starting straight off. Say, if you start the game at level 1, allow people to go up to Lvl 10 or so; or else it'll take too long to get anywhere.

Since it's a V-RPG, I presume you'll be using a level system; possibly alongside a rewards/item/money system?

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1356360771' post='6100960']
While Newbing it would seem most advisable for balance and stuff, it rarely ever works. I wouldn't make it a large difference, but allow people to be more powerful than merely starting straight off. Say, if you start the game at level 1, allow people to go up to Lvl 10 or so; or else it'll take too long to get anywhere.

Since it's a V-RPG, I presume you'll be using a level system; possibly alongside a rewards/item/money system?
[/quote]

Yup. Also, I'll be taking suggestions from players to cater the story to fit with them as well, so technically everyone will be co-hosting.

• 2 weeks later...

So i was bored today in class and I thought up of something that I'm pretty sure had been done. A magic vs. futuristic technology RP. Would anybody be interested in something like this? I only have a skeleton of the skeleton of the plot right now since I only thought of this a few hours ago. Also I'm posting this here so I don't forget about this idea.

Archived