Newb Defense League IV

Tormented

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I've been inactive for awhile, but I figured this club was quite inactive until as of now, so I came in again to see if it'll stay...

I agree with the above person, sure its a good idea, but It'd be wiser maybe get the game to be more "Fun" then competitive nowadays, get those people who like to play, but for fun, not for winning..... Thats why I played, but now I don't because its too competitive.

Also, if you don't remeber me, its all of these names...

Skylie, General White, Master White, Xyz, and something else, can't remember what..

Anyone thats on right now, could you help me....

I need words, one word that means these things... Something good....

Better yet, parts of the story and I'll bold & underline whats needed changed.

------------------------------

[i][color=#000000]But atlas this thing carried the magical waters of its land in a solid gold urn with symbolic symbols [u][b]correlating[/b][/u] in its own language.[/color][/i]

[b]different part alltogether:[/b]

[i][color=#000000]The gentleman stopped chanting, closed the crafts lid, used a long handle and with a chain and lowered it down into the volcano, which was solely named for [b][u]vicious, subtlety, and Inconspicuous [/u][/b]activity.[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Any help would be appreciative, thanks....[/color]

[color=#000000]I'm writing a story....[/color]

I've been busy with school work for a while now and the club was inactive, but hopefully it will return to being active now. A fun competition with those sorts of effects sounds interesting, but depending on the deck, that life cost may cause some decks to burn out of life really quickly. You'd really need a deck that can summon lots of monsters of different colours from the extra deck quickly, while having the capability to either avoid burning through life or by healing life for itself. There is very few monsters that I can think of that can summon themselves or summon others from the extra deck on an opponents turn though, and with the restrictions on all the summoning, most people would probably choose the small number of decks that can fulfil the conditions easily. If it happened, I would expect decks like the Gishki with Xzy and Ritual, Hieratics with both synchro and xyz, or fusion and xyz, maybe some lightsworn chaos decks with multiple of the types of summons, and other similar decks that use multiple types of summons from the extra deck. Those rules would pretty well rule out decks like the Wind-Ups and other such pure colour summon decks, and any deck that doesn't use the extra deck at all though, which would very much limit the decks available. It's an interesting concept that may have some interesting decks born out of it, but I think it would be a troublesome thing to successfully complete. Also, you might end up with some Sophia the Creator ftk decks, which would be interesting to see.

The major activity will probably return at about Christmas time, hence the school holidays etc and people just tend to not have enough time to visit this thread as much as they used to, however I do see activity returning soon.

As for the contest it sounds like fun, however I'm so rusty on card making that I won't be participating however, every one else can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am actually hoping to see a Sophia the creator ftk deck in this competition and I do believe there is a loop hole in the competition rules but since it seems like this is a generally positive and accepted deck Idea, I'll think I'll make the comp thread when I get consistent enough laptop access. I will probably modify some things but with club backing this could bring us some good activity. So I'll work on this and I'll post up when Im done. I now begin to wonder if we can still draft threads. I also forgot to mention the whole you have to have controlled at least 3 different color monsters during the duel else you end up with pure decks --wait I did. A classic Synchro deck would like this tourney. Actually, I know what deck I'll be using.

I know. I plan to remedy this with a club-sponsored tournament to inspire people to look in to our fair club and join the collective of people who have vastly benefited from it. Its not a card creating tourney, but a traditional duel tournament with some obvious conditions. Also in a bit of vanity, it'll celebrate finally reaching 5,000 posts and my love of the month of December. To be honest all I need to start this is a laptop and a weekend to work out any bugs and announcements can be made to start. That being said, I'll be adding some more bonus conditions now.

DMOC: If you summon DMOC while you control a Ritual or Synchro, you may choose to banish 2 cards from the Graveyard. If you control 2 or more Color Monsters, you may choose to halve your opponent's lifepoints instead of conducting a Battle Phase for this turn.

Chaos Emperor: If you controlled a Color Monster at the time of this cards summon, when you use this cards effect, you can pay lifepoints until you have 500 to draw a new hand of 3 cards and resummon your Color Monster on your next standby phase, Ignoring summoning conditions. (The summon can be negated) Also the original summoning requirements for Chaos Emperor Dragon are doubled.

I should make note that not every card that is banned can be used even though the tourney is traditional. For example, DSF cannot be used nor can Rescue Cat. Butterfly Dagger - Elma is just to easy to Infinite loop, so it isn't allowed either. I'll also make note that the Yata Lock isn't allowed. I'll come up with some more bonuses too and I'll try to make the Pot great, like 2000 Points automatic and the possibility of having a custom piece in your signature if I can find someone to do it/learn and do it myself. Maybe even a rep or something more unique. But the whole purpose is to be fun. And encourage popularity on the site and this club so hey maybe this will work. Pm me if you have any suggestions or wanna help manage. XD THIS WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!

PokeMaster Calvin: Your name doesn't seem familiar, but welcome back!=o So you seem nice though, from what I've seen.~

Yeah, we can expect more activity around the holidays. There are a lot of Christmas events floating around, mostly made by Rai (Secret Santa, Avi-a-day), the Anime Secret Santa, and there will [i]probably[/i] be something here in C/O and something forum-wide. [s]oh god, tits not calm[/s]

Also, shameless advertising: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/293691-the-shadow-pokemon-game-%E2%80%93-brought-to-you-by-the-nuzlocke-nook/"]http://forum.yugiohc...uzlocke-nook/[/url]
It's not a Christmas event, although you may consider it a...foreshadowing.
Everyone can join and we have 4 free spots.=o

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1354476851' post='6083395']
Yeah I am taking part in it so you should almost always join. And I noticed that my post count doesn't go up when I use my phone. Its either that or clubs and organizations don't count anymore.
[/quote]

Nice.:3 There's a strong possibility that we're doing something Christmassy in C/O too, but brainstorming. If anyone has gotten suggestions, by all means say them.=o

And really?
[spoiler=spoiler]But yes, post count is shut down here. Wasn't my idea.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1354452791' post='6083123']
PokeMaster Calvin: Your name doesn't seem familiar, but welcome back!=o So you seem nice though, from what I've seen.~

Yeah, we can expect more activity around the holidays. There are a lot of Christmas events floating around, mostly made by Rai (Secret Santa, Avi-a-day), the Anime Secret Santa, and there will [i]probably[/i] be something here in C/O and something forum-wide. [s]oh god, tits not calm[/s]

Also, shameless advertising: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/293691-the-shadow-pokemon-game-%E2%80%93-brought-to-you-by-the-nuzlocke-nook/"]http://forum.yugiohc...uzlocke-nook/[/url]
It's not a Christmas event, although you may consider it a...foreshadowing.
Everyone can join and we have 4 free spots.=o
[/quote]
Nice to meet you o: Sounds fun :D
[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1354423943' post='6082936']
Yaaay then you can enter the tourney!
[/quote]

What tourney then...?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thought I'd say hi and show you what I created in gimp for Halo 4....

I call it the Manshee...Enjoy...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/L3fEF.png[/img]

I know its a bit choppy, but i had to save it in paint in a hurry before my computer tried to screw me over and then I had to render it, but in other words, would you fly the forerunners Manshee....

They decided to merge the tank part off a scorpion and needed more lift, so added more wings, and wallha, you got the ugliest beastiest flying machine ever, the Manshee....

All done in Gimp....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived