Newb Defense League IV

Tormented

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/290524-realistic-cards-the-dilemma-the-solution-the-community/

[quote]Now. Clubs & Organizations. I believe this is another gold mine for help. Providing we have a 'helpful links' thread, there's probably no harm linking to various clubs that can help: the "YCM Undermeta Agency", "YCM Revival Project" and the "Newb Defense League IV". I'd like to suggest actually making a club dedicated to either helping the members of CC, or simply a club for card-making. Very simple, and it should get members. Inter-club tourneys? Pleas from the club owners to try something new (i.e. make a card in RC for fun)? There's a lot to be done here because it's the biggest community place on the forum.[/quote]

So.
We've been mentioned.

There's little to do right now since the site is kind of dead and I don't think I'll be a help with card-making.=/
Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody outside C&O understand the situation we are in. Rai thinks that his idea- a good idea in fact- will work, but it can't. C&O isn't how it used to be. I doubt wide spread interest for that will happen.

I do agree that competition will help, but not in the way he is suggesting. I've started a test trial to see if a series contest would be a viable option to increase activity in Card Contests, and hopefully the other sections. So far, the first part of the series seems to be a success. If this series goes well, it'll be a good indicator for a larger endevour.

His other points include some of the things I've been thinking about, such as a mentorship program. I'm a little worried about mixing RC and TCG together. TCG has never liked RC. If TCG could host contests in Card Contests and invite people from RC to a neutral section, I suppose that could work.

Well, there are my thoughts on it all. Yay for typing all that on a phone!

In what sense is the situation C&O is in not understandable for anyone else and how is it hard to put his idea into motion (aka having a club for card-makers)?
I agree that it's less about having random conversations about everything now (although you can still do that) and more about...projects and things we need to do.
But that's actually quite close to what Rai's idea is about and should make it possible to do.

The only thing is that we don't get newbies in here.D= But what he suggests (I think?) is that we link to this club when people introduce themselves?
Dunno.

Remember our discussion on specific vs. general clubs? Yes, card making clubs have been done before. The problem is those types of clubs can only survive when there are in demand, like all other specific clubs. Demand changes as time goes on and the demand is lacking right now. I agree that we need to get something going. The problem is building the demand for it.

[quote name='Archbaron Striker' timestamp='1349302653' post='6037302']
Remember our discussion on specific vs. general clubs? Yes, card making clubs have been done before. The problem is those types of clubs can only survive when there are in demand, like all other specific clubs. Demand changes as time goes on and the demand is lacking right now. I agree that we need to get something going. The problem is building the demand for it.
[/quote]
For many intents and purposes, The NDL is a card-making club. Al we did back when the club was popular was teach people OCG, how to make cooler effects and you know make their cards balanced better, faster, stronger. I think in order to revive that aspect, we just need to solve the lack of Newbs in the club. We also have other pruposes as well, like helping out people who just don't know how to use the site or just are new to the forum scene in general. In that sense, we need to find the problem in order to be the solution. That is one of the ways we can just solve the lack of activity. I'm nor saying you guys don't have lives outside of he internet, of course you do. But if we want this to happen so much its going to take a bit of dedication and consistency, but its completely possible.

[quote name='Archbaron Striker' timestamp='1349302653' post='6037302']
[/quote]

Ah, those are personal preferences and I never feel well bumping into them.:/
I agree that specific clubs are more constructive from my point of view, since all-inclusive clubs with no fixed topic can become vague and therefore boring after a while. They're needed and they were a breath of fresh air when they started, but eh... Surely that's not the only thing we can bring up?

The only solution I think of is to just make clubs that you feel are lacking right now and take the activity boost into your hands. Do your thing and the rest will follow. I don't want to push a demand on people, but we can promote things fo' sure.

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1349303093' post='6037307']
For many intents and purposes, The NDL is a card-making club. Al we did back when the club was popular was teach people OCG, how to make cooler effects and you know make their cards balanced better, faster, stronger. I think in order to revive that aspect, we just need to solve the lack of Newbs in the club. We also have other pruposes as well, like helping out people who just don't know how to use the site or just are new to the forum scene in general. In that sense, we need to find the problem in order to be the solution. That is one of the ways we can just solve the lack of activity. I'm nor saying you guys don't have lives outside of he internet, of course you do. But if we want this to happen so much its going to take a bit of dedication and consistency, but its completely possible.
[/quote]

You made all the points I'd agree with.
Remind me of something, how did you guys get newbies into the club before?=o
Did they join on their own or did you PM/link them?

As for promotion, I also think we should get some sig banners or anything.
Because right now it looks like the club doesn't exist, so no one will even get here.=o

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1349440679' post='6038329']
Ah, those are personal preferences and I never feel well bumping into them.:/
I agree that specific clubs are more constructive from my point of view, since all-inclusive clubs with no fixed topic can become vague and therefore boring after a while. They're needed and they were a breath of fresh air when they started, but eh... Surely that's not the only thing we can bring up?

The only solution I think of is to just make clubs that you feel are lacking right now and take the activity boost into your hands. Do your thing and the rest will follow. I don't want to push a demand on people, but we can promote things fo' sure.

You made all the points I'd agree with.
Remind me of something, how did you guys get newbies into the club before?=o
Did they join on their own or did you PM/link them?

As for promotion, I also think we should get some sig banners or anything.
Because right now it looks like the club doesn't exist, so no one will even get here.=o
[/quote]

My [s]eveything[/s] sig has not changed since I came to the site, once it was finished, so I can only imagine that we had it in our sigs. We had a lot of members posting in all types of sections, for example I remember meeting Striker in here and in RPing but he was always a good poster. Because we had so many people posting in so many places it was easy for us to get word of the club around.

[color=#ffffff]Good Lord, look at those errors. That is such a terrible habit o' mine.[/color]
[s][color=#ffffff]WHICH IS WHY I WANNA START AN RP OR A FAN-FIC OR SOMETHING.[/color][/s]
For now though, this entire section needs a boost. Or something that we all agree upon. Or rather what I would call a fusion of concepts. I remember Absolute Powerforce being, SUPER-ACTIVE for various reasons and they arguably had no set topic. The NDL here has been by far one of the most focused/on-topic clubs I've been in, only straying to give depths to its members' personas. I think I we can get the focusedness & character of a club like the NDL here and the broadness and diversity of discussion of something like the Absolute Powerforce, we'd have a primo club that helps people put AND keeps them interested in many a thing.

I always wanted to make a club exactly like that...huh...

By the way I should've said this before, we got recommendations in the past too. And we should whore ourselves around introductions.

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1349443365' post='6038340']
My [s]eveything[/s] sig has not changed since I came to the site, once it was finished, so I can only imagine that we had it in our sigs. We had a lot of members posting in all types of sections, for example I remember meeting Striker in here and in RPing but he was always a good poster. Because we had so many people posting in so many places it was easy for us to get word of the club around.
[/quote]

Well, that might be problematic when the site is dead and we don't have a lot of members who spread the word around.=S
But mentioning the club in Introductions (and also to newbie cardmakers we see in CC?) sounds possible and it will change from the copypasted greetings posted there.

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1349443365' post='6038340']
For now though, this entire section needs a boost. Or something that we all agree upon. Or rather what I would call a fusion of concepts. I remember Absolute Powerforce being, SUPER-ACTIVE for various reasons and they arguably had no set topic. The NDL here has been by far one of the most focused/on-topic clubs I've been in, only straying to give depths to its members' personas. I think I we can get the focusedness & character of a club like the NDL here and the broadness and diversity of discussion of something like the Absolute Powerforce, we'd have a primo club that helps people put AND keeps them interested in many a thing.

I always wanted to make a club exactly like that...huh...
[/quote]

Dunno, do it?
That's basically my take on things: Plan it, do it and see what comes out.

As for the fusion between talk-about-everything and NDL style, that would be more or less an ideal club, at least from my understanding. Clubs don't tend to stick with one topic like glue anyway, they usually broaden their discussions despite a set topic.
But I feel like pulling the general talk thing off needs some experience and a dedicated leader. If they're not properly taken care of, mishmash clubs tend to turn into +1 posts. The key is to try to keep a balance between things [s]which is more or less what I've been doing since I started modding C/O, but eh[/s].

Well, most of us are in the YCM Revival club as well from what I've seen and that sounds like something we should focus on there.

I've had a few ideas for clubs I'd like to make, but might be wiser to focus on the Nuzlocke Nook for a while.

Username: Simdoggy
Why you want to join: I thought it looked interesting and I would be interested in helping the site to become more active if i can. Hopefully I won't go the same way in this club as I have in the couple of others I've joined and just end up never posting.
Favorite Card: Darklord Asmodeus (Fairly Obviously)
Do you play the game in real life: No
How you were referred to the club: I saw it on a sig somewhere in the general section and decided to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#660066]Username[/color][color=#666600]:Forums and Card Games[/color]
[color=#660066]Why[/color][color=#000000] you want to join[/color][color=#666600]:Look pretty interesting[/color]
[color=#660066]Favorite[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Card[/color][color=#666600]:Dark Paladin[/color]
[color=#660066]Do[/color][color=#000000] you play the game [/color][color=#000088]in[/color][color=#000000] real life[/color][color=#666600]:I do but I am really bad[/color]
[color=#660066]How[/color][color=#000000] you were referred to the club[/color][color=#666600]:Scrolling through Clubs[/color]

^ Make one instead of just asking?

Anyway, site was down for a few hours, Introductions has been dead for a while, YCMaker logged in for a micro-second and didn't update the cardmaker.
I haven't seen many newbies joining and staying lately :/, but I'd like to offer help when I see someone outside of CC.

EDIT: And welcome Simdoggy and Forums and Card Games!

I can.
[quote name='Simdoggy' timestamp='1349767981' post='6040801']
Username: Simdoggy
Why you want to join: I thought it looked interesting and I would be interested in helping the site to become more active if i can. Hopefully I won't go the same way in this club as I have in the couple of others I've joined and just end up never posting.
Favorite Card: Darklord Asmodeus (Fairly Obviously)
Do you play the game in real life: No
How you were referred to the club: I saw it on a sig somewhere in the general section and decided to check it out.
[/quote]
Accepted.
[quote name='Forums and Card Games' timestamp='1350526555' post='6046938']
[color=#660066]Username[/color][color=#666600]:Forums and Card Games[/color]
[color=#660066]Why[/color][color=#000000] you want to join[/color][color=#666600]:Look pretty interesting[/color]
[color=#660066]Favorite[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#660066]Card[/color][color=#666600]:Dark Paladin[/color]
[color=#660066]Do[/color][color=#000000] you play the game [/color][color=#000088]in[/color][color=#000000] real life[/color][color=#666600]:I do but I am really bad[/color]
[color=#660066]How[/color][color=#000000] you were referred to the club[/color][color=#666600]:Scrolling through Clubs[/color]
[/quote]
And accepted.
A bunch of cards from the new set have been released. Haze Beasts look amazing.

[quote name='★Toyo-tan★' timestamp='1350557275' post='6047200']
I haven't been following YGO ever since Galactic Overlord. So I have no clue on the newest cards whatsoever. What I do know is, Moulin Glace has great artwork but is sadly let down by a borderline broken effect.

On an unrelated note, finally Thor changed his avi to something less scary.
[/quote]
[quote name='Archbaron Thor the Just' timestamp='1350555925' post='6047196']
I can.

Accepted.

And accepted.
A bunch of cards from the new set have been released. Haze Beasts look amazing.
[/quote]

Haze Beasts, I haven't heard of but Fire Dances look cool. I also love how we are talking about cards that have yet to even close to released in the OCG yet.

Also, in my personal opinion, Moulinglacia sucks. Her effect only happens once upon summon and never again. It's a minus for everyone especially if they veiler it or something worse like Herald of Orange Light it.

EDIT: I just looked up Haze's and they seem pretty cool. Maybe a Haze/Photon or Haze/Hunder deck could be cool, but really inconsistent. Iono. Between Preyton and the 2, Rekindling decks can have a lot of fun with these cards, especially if they work correctly/ Just imaging facing a Red Nova, Shooting Star/Quasar & Photon Strike Bounzer all at once, in one turn. With the right build this deck could most certainly pull that off. If they could go five It'd be perfect with Volcasaurus. And that Xyz alongside spirit converter would be awesome, I just hope they don't give it the material cap though, I would understand if the did.

Speaking of which, Do you think that he'll come out in cosmo blazar...along with Cosmo Blazar. I really hope they both come out and Konami doesn't troll us forever.

[quote name='First Lieutenant Toot' timestamp='1350560767' post='6047208']
Anyone have anything info on the new Galaxy Eyes number? I just heard about it and cannot find anything info on it.
[/quote]
Set release is February, so chances are the IRL effect won't be shown for some time. Anime effect… Don't know at all.

I'm sorry I've been a bit inactive it's like the last few weeks of my school and such they are the most important so unfortunately I need to be focused mainly on that, now don't you worry I will be active you know with Half-Term coming up in a week as well as Christmas Break so I will be back, but as of right now I will only be visiting when I can find the time and I'm not doing anything.

However I would like to note that I'm willing to take a new applicant for a new Moderator considering the fact that I can't just leave it to Thor whilst I'm doing most of my course work, so In turn if you think your worthy of becoming a Mod let me know and I will get to considering you for the position.

In the mean time I'll get to adding those who have recently joined the club.

-Tormy

I will when I'm less depressed.
I have an IDEA FOR A SPECIAL DUEL TOURNEY!!!
XD!!!
Each turn, after your first 2, you have to summon or control either a ritual, xyz, fusion, or synchro or you pay 1000 life points. The price goes up by 500 for every turn you do not pay. In addition you cannot someone the same color type back to to back on your consecutive turns. However you can on your opponent's turn. If you summon a color monster on your opponents turn you are exempt from paying any and all life points next turn. You cannot win the duel if you have not summoned at least 2 different monsters. If a win condition is filled by a player who hasn't summoned 2 monsters, they gain 4000 life points and their opponent's life points become 4000.after this, Each of their turns that the summon conditions are not met and a win condition has, their life points are halved minus -100. If the win condition is deck out, then their opponent adds the top 9 cards in their graveyard and 1 of their choice to their deck. This is a traditional tourney and every time a person summons Trishula, they gain 1000 X # of times summon. If you summon Sophia the Creator and inflict battle damage, you win the duel. Other monsters will be added.

What chu all think?

Archived