Newb Defense League IV

Tormented

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I think they are quite an interesting new archetype. It may add a much needed improvement to the idea of tokens, and it's interesting to note that having any token on your side of the field protects them from destruction, even if its not one summoned by the effect of one of the archetype.

They are rather annoying to play against I agree, I've been experimenting with them a bit but I still seem to be getting defeated easily even with them. Until someone figures out a broken combination with them like the sams, I wouldn't place them in the same class as that hated archetype. Overall, they are rather fun to play with but if you can use them well, they make it very easy to get out high level xyz monsters.

Hello, thought this place died, sorry....

@Mr.Wham: Teach you what, its mostly cropping, pasting, smudging in gimp, and knowing how to make things appear as if they were meant to be together, its pretty easy.....

I'm more into making fractals nowadays, dunno why, but it seems like I have a nac for it, but i should of known that when I had kids watching me draw one....0.o

What's all the new horrible cards up past trishula, yes, i'm terrible, been into Halo side of things lately....

[quote name='Eilyks Apparition' timestamp='1357336958' post='6111274']
Hello, thought this place died, sorry....

@Mr.Wham: Teach you what, its mostly[b] cropping, pasting, smudging in gimp, and knowing how to make things appear as if they were meant to be together[/b], its pretty easy.....

I'm more into making fractals nowadays, dunno why, but it seems like I have a nac for it, but i should of known that when I had kids watching me draw one....0.o

What's all the new horrible cards up past trishula, yes, i'm terrible, been into Halo side of things lately....
[/quote]
I am terrible at this...that's why I said teach
As far the cards, The game is at a very balanced point. It may not last too long maybe a year or too, but it's a good way to start to finish of YGO

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well this was a set that I was working on Randomly. I made them for contest but I ended up expanding on it. Check it out.
[spoiler= Templars of Fate]

[spoiler=Tyarluilta, FatumiKing]
rkmbS.jpg

Lore:

You can Set this card without Tributing. If you do, when it is flipped up, its ATK & DEF becomes 2000. While this card is face-up on the field instead of attacking, you can destroy up to 2 cards on the field.Once per turn, this card can be switched to Face-Down Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up, target up to 3 cards in your opponent’s hand, reveal them and inflict 300 damage to your opponent’s Lifepoints for each card. Then activate the appropriate effect:

Monster: Send it to the Graveyard and gain Lifepoints equal to its ATK.

Trap: Return it to the bottom of their Deck.

Spell: Banish it. 
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fa'Vicius, Dreadnaught of the King]

WLPDi.jpg

Lore:

You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard by having this card’s ATK & DEF become 0. During your Main Phase, you can equip this card to “Tyarluilta, FatumiKing” OR Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. The equipped monster gain’s ATK & DEF equal to this card’s current ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster would be destroyed,  this card is destroyed instead. Once during either player's turn, while this card is equipped, you can activate one of the following effect(s):

•After the equipped monster declares an attack, roll a die. If the number is odd, return the attacked monster to your opponent’s hand and restart the Battle Phase. If the number is even, remove from the monster from play and restart the Battle Phase. This effect can only be activated once per turn.
• Select 3 cards on the field. Remove one from play, gain Lifepoints equal to one’s ATK or DEF, and destroy one and have this card gain 600 ATK and DEF. Your opponent may then select one monster on the field to lose 600 ATK and DEF. The selected monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn.
•During the Battle Phase, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap cards and all monsters you control can attack your opponent directly. Any battle damage inflicted this turn is halved. At end of the Battle Phase, you may add 3 cards from your Deck to your hand and your opponent gains 2000 Lifepoints.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Scaraveria, Ruler of the Igniminae]
qDl3c.jpg
Lore:
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand, Graveyard or banished Zone if the the effect of "Tyarlutia, FatumiKing" was activated. Negate that effect and the effects and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. While this card is on the field, negate the effects of all your opponent's monsters and they cannot be activated. While this card is on the field, all cards on cannot have their original ATK & DEF reduced. Once per turn you can banish cards on the field or from the top of your opponent's Deck equal to the number of cards in your hand. You can only use this effect once while this card is face up of the field. During your opponent's second End Phase after this card was summoned, destroy this card and return one "Tyarlutia, FatumiKing" you control to the Deck, shuffle and draw 2 cards. [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Quielst, Templar of the Journey]

r68kK.jpg
Lore:
Once per turn, you can send 1 EARTH, DARK OR WIND monster from you Deck to the Graveyard and have this card gain that monster's name and ATK until the End Phase. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can discard 1 card from your hand and draw 2 cards.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

The point of this set is to go back to the old days with having Boss monsters in your deck & not in the extra. Cards like this are nostaglic in sense so  to compete with this meta game they would have to be made to function faster. Cards like Forbidden Lance would work well in here and general searching. I originally made these for contests, but I like them as the the central monsters of the set. The key point is multiple monster effects and keeping your self clean. Their weakness is their def so what I'm thinking would be to have a few of their monsters mess with battle positions & Switching Atks & Defs. This is something of a topic we can build on. The names may sound made up but some of it is from Latin or other actual words. 

I think we could make a cool club set with this & Post it up some place.

EDIT: I made a monster for the set aside from the bosses. It's the level 4. I also have a spell. But I'll add it later. AND MY SPOILERS WENT FULL RETARD.

• 3 weeks later...

Boy, I think this whole site has died,hmm, any, if you need me now on, you can find me on www.se7ensins.com or you chat with me as White-Sword-Master on dragcave chat or any chat site you guys prefer I'll try to visit.....

Writing....

Hmm.

Level 6:

Attribute Wind

Synchro

1 Level 4 Tuner + 1 non-tuner monster. You can substitute one face-down spell or trap card for the Tuner monster instead. During each of your End Phases, Destroy 1 card on each player's side of the field. 

Atk: 2000

Def: 1400

It probably sucks, but meh, do ya blame me, its been ages sense I made a card...

Basically you also treat the trap as a level tuner, so I don't think I need to say that, maybe I do...

If any of you have an xbox 360, you can find me as Skylie Tuff, I generally play Halo 4....

• 1 month later...

It's not a case of not showing interest, I just have hardly been on the site, that is not to say other people can't post on here... Still, If you feel like you have to lock it then albeit do it. But I'm just suggesting that the reasoning behind it being dead it's not just on my head. People just stopped posting.

And however please no more re-creations of the club, the concept of it originally died down years ago, much like the activity of the site. I tried something new and It didn't work out at all alas it will just continue to die every time a new one is made.

It's not a case of not showing interest, I just have hardly been on the site, that is not to say other people can't post on here... Still, If you feel like you have to lock it then albeit do it. But I'm just suggesting that the reasoning behind it being dead it's not just on my head. People just stopped posting.

And however please no more re-creations of the club, the concept of it originally died down years ago, much like the activity of the site. I tried something new and It didn't work out at all alas it will just continue to die every time a new one is made.

Leader agreed so I guess that's it.

Also the necrobumping wasn't made by a member or someone interested into joining or bringing up something related.

Archived