The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

Brother went over my Emerald file so all my pokemon kinda died. :L

But I started up a HeartGold Nuzlocke with Chikorita as my starter. No fancy clauses this time, basic rules.

Team:

Egg

Franziska (Sandshrew) Lv 11

Bastian (Spearow) Lv 14

Andreas (Zubat) Lv 14

Tobias (Chikorita) Lv 14

Mattias (Mareep) Lv 15

Mattias is too strong, was a pretty lucky find since I had nothing to beat Falkner until he popped up.
Keeping Andreas alive till he got Bite was a nightmare.
Egg is MVP.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Chikorita line is one of the least popular starters. Good that people are using it more instead of taking the easier ways.

Oh and good luck for everyone's who started a Nuzlocke recently! I'm not responding to every single one who did, but you know who you are. Not doing anything myself, just continuing a Ruby run post Elite 4. There will be something on Halloween, probably focussed on Ghost Pokémon or something.
Also the Christian Playthrough is hilarious lol. Someone's got to do it once.:'D

As for the everyone's favourite stuff run, it would be basically this:[list]
[*]basic Nuzlockes rules, faint = dead, only first Pokémon can be caught, shinies and legendaries are exceptions
[*]You will be assigned to another member of this club.
[*]Name the trainer after that member.
[*]You must pick the first evolution line of this member's favourite Pokémon as a starter. If the fave is a legendary, pick the second/next favourite that isn't one.
[*]We're using randomizers to set them. (If you don't use/don't want to use ROMs, let your assigned member pick your starter.)
[*]To make this more personalized, try to nickname every Pokémon you catch after something the other member likes. Like if I get Dakunaitomon, might be nice to name my Pokémon after various Digimon, or every name starting with a D.
[/list]
I suggest we the R/B/Y/FireRed/LeafGreen line, (Heart)Gold/(Soul)Silver or D/P/P. Because dunno, it seems like we've done gen. III a lot lately.D:

You like, bras?

I like dis a lot. Can't wait to do this favorite stuff run. And I also love the Halloween idea, Imma probably change my avi to something appropriate to fit the occasion. :3

Oh, and my randomizer nuzlocke was a fail. In the end, Larvitar was just too hard to train and really difficult to make good.

Yeah, Larvitar is badass in his final stage, but takes so long to evolve ._.
Numel and Makuhita are similar candidates. Their evols aren't super-strong, but great for Nuzlockes...if you manage to keep them alive until then.x.x

Mako:

- People have been starting Nuzlockes recently.

- We're going to do a club event. It's basically that favourites thing we've been discussing before.

But an example for everyone, let's say Darklink and Striker are participating and they're also assigned to each other.
Darklink names his trainer after Striker and picks Pichu as his starter, since Pikachu is Striker's favourite Pokémon.
Striker does the same, but starts with an Eevee because Darklink's favourite is Espeon.

As for HOW to do that, here's a video that shows you how to use a randomizer:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBKsYG3dqQ]relevant from 1:40 on[/url]
I have a file I can send around, if some of you don't trust the mass-uploaders.

The goal is to...dunno, have fun and do something together?
For example, it would be nice if in the previous example, Striker named all the Pokémon he catches after ponies, or anything Darklink likes.
It's just...more personalized and less routine-like than the usual Nuzlockes.=o

As for which games, I think we should decide on one generation, or as Thor said, everyone picks whatever he wants.
Since we all have different games and experience with them.

Questions?=o
Anything I need to fix?

I've been thinking about starting this soon since it's been a while since it was announced.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Username: 'Night[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favourite Pokémon: Kingdra[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favourite game: Silver[/size][/font][/color]
[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Are you new to Nuzlockes / experience?: Fairly, I've done two thus far, have yet to lose however they've both been halted due to other priorities. I'm interested in actually finishing one, and look forward to enraging in this event. [/size][/color][/font]

'kay, nice.=o
Yeah, I have a file with the randomizer that I could send around per Skype or mail.
No guarantee that it's 100% safe, but I'm not really going to send around nasty stuff or whatever.:D
Will also explain how it works.

Yeah... Welcome Night!^^

Who else is going to take part into the favourites run?=o

[quote name='Tour Guide YOLOpal' timestamp='1351041128' post='6052085']
'kay, nice.=o
Yeah, I have a file with the randomizer that I could send around per Skype or mail.
No guarantee that it's 100% safe, but I'm not really going to send around nasty stuff or whatever. :D
Will also explain how it works.

Yeah... Welcome Night!^^

Who else is going to take part into the favourites run?=o
[/quote]
I want to. Without a rom though.
What game should we play?

I will probably join in as well. Not sure what game though, may try Platinum, since I haven't played it for a while.

Update on my other one, my team is:
Hydrous- level 23 Wartortle.
Sparky - level 23 Pickachu
Vice - Level 25 Weepingbell
Spanky the Mankey Level 24
Gaia - Level 25 Graveller.

Just beat LT surge. And, I am in a cave somewhere...

Ohey, gaiz. Sorry for not being active.

I've recently started a run-through of a Nuzlocke with the randomizer that Issun mentioned. Not sure if I'll remember to get back to it, but I'm kinda anxious for what I might encounter.

[quote name='Mr.WHAM' timestamp='1351198616' post='6053878']
I haven't been on in a while plus I been kinda sad. I'll do it once I got a laptop again. Im going to go hard for SS. hmmm question : Can we catch SUDOWOODO?
[/quote]

=/ Sorry to hear about that.
Although if you're having rough times, we're here for that too.
At least the majority of us who are active.^^

As for Sudowoodo, yeah you can catch him if you want.

[quote name='~ Dākunaitomon ~' timestamp='1351226643' post='6054105']
The irony is that I wanna play gen 5. Can't seem to even go past the first cut scene in volt white.
[/quote]

Hmm...desmume it is then.:/
Until there's no alternative.@_@
I think there are tutorials about how to make the game SLIGHTLY faster by playing around the settings, but it did nothing to me.

Anyone else interested into the club event? Details are on page 17, posts 327 and 330.
So far we're like, 5. Maybe 7 if Wham and Night get back to us.

Mako: People were talking about their own runs. All [i]you[/i] need to do for now is wait, but we will start with the club thing fairly soon.

But since everyone will have something different going on then and people mostly read their own posts, I suggest we do it differently now.

[u]- If you're going to post about your own Nuzlocke run (like one that is done outside of any club events), put a notice into your posts saying that it's "your private Platinum run" or whatever.

- If you're going to post updates about a club challenge, open your post with "club run" or something that clarifies what you're talking about.[/u]

Some of us have been doing that already, but I might put it down as a rule whenever something special is going on.:3

So yeah... If no one else is joining the club challenge, I'll start assigning everyone soon.

Can everyone who's participating and needs a randomizer or anything please give me their e-mail/MSN/Skype?

[quote name='Tama the Chibi Sage' timestamp='1351341174' post='6054845']
Club run: I think I'll be doing Heartgold. And as soon as everyone who reports in what games they will do, I'm guessing. We still need to know who is partnered with who, unless I missed something.
[/quote]

loool I didn't recognize you for a second.
Nice name change.=o

HeartGold is fine.
And yeah, I'll give any late guys the chance to sign up, but everyone will get their partners tonight.=o

I won't be doing the club run, jsuk. I still need to complete teh Emeraldlocke. The next time I do a Nuzlocke however, I'll do the same thing as Marriland is doing for his Emerald Nuzlocke on YT: let the last digit of the Trainer ID determine the starter you choose,
1,2,3: Grass
4,5,6: Fire
7,8,9: Water
0: Whatever you want

It's fine, British.:3
Yeah, all events are optional, but it's nice to do something together once in a while. Dunno, maybe I've just done too many standard Nuzlockes.^^'

Also as announced, the results are out.=o

[spoiler=Here are your partners]
Renji: Tama
Tama: Mako
Mako: Night
Barthandelus: Opal
Night: Barthandelus
Opal: Renji
[/spoiler]

Next step:
All of you decide which game you'd like to play and ask your partner about his favourite Pokémon in that gen.
You must then start with the lowest evolution of that Pokémon and try to keep it around as long as possible.
You can start whenever you want.
Alright?:3

All the other rules are up to you, like whether you want to catch Sudowoodo, legendary Pokémon, in-game trades etc.

AND NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!
[spoiler=How do I use a randomizer]
Let's say we're playing Emerald.

- put all the needed files into one folder (the ROM console, the ROM file and the randomizer)
- in that case: VisualBoyAdvance, Emerald ROM and Emerald randomizer
- double-click on the randomizer file

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5dugx2.png[/img]

- click on "open"

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2gwwg2d.png[/img]

- open your ROM file

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/zn6hs7.png[/img]

- Now you should be able to play around and even settle whether you want to meet random Pokémon everywhere.
Put your partner's Pokémon into one of the "starter" slots.

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/hu4l7m.png[/img]

- Don't forget to save!

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2mm8jfd.png[/img]

- Now close the window. Open your ROM file like you always would and now you should be able to pick the starter you needed.

Here's a video on how to use it: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJBKsYG3dqQ[/media][/spoiler]

If there are any questions about anything, I'm available.:3

Archived