The Nuzlocke Nook - A Pokémon Club based on Nuzlockes

CinnamonStar

This game seems to hate my guts as I found a Dustox (which has a whooping 1% encounter rate according to Serebii) in Eterna Forest. This would have been nice if it were the first encounter.
Same goes for a LEVEL 10 Golbat (5%) in Oreburgh Gate. I was tempted to catch both of them due to the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monotypes are amazingly fun~

Also, got me a Tentacruel(Duncan) and a Sharpedo(Hannah).

The gen you play might convince you to choose one type or another. Like gen III has a plethora of nice Grass and Water types.

@Cinnamon: Ralts in Nuzlocke like a boss. Plus, Gardevoir is so very pretty~

I was happy to get a Gallade, but then I remembered that they don't exist in gen. III.=O
Oh well, Gardevoir is fine too.
Now they don't have to faint though...
Also got a Nincada (Shuri) on that route between Rustboro and the tunnel.
But so many Bugs/Plants so far.o_o

Archbaron Thor the Just: The whole thing is sort of meant to make thou mad.=O

Also next time I thought we could try to use randomizers, those are pretty cool too.;3

Btw, has no one lost yet, besides Thar and Archbaron Barthandelus?

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346617786' post='6018010']
Yeah, it takes a while, but I think Electrike is worth it.:3
Actually, most Electric types on 4 legs (Electrike, Luxio, don't know about gen. V) are good in the games.

Also, almost forgot about the other banner, but thanks Smear.:3
So yeah, we have 2 banners now.^^
[/quote]

Manectric is honestly the best in game pokemon in emerald besides Blaziken hands down.

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1346618061' post='6018014']
Manectric is honestly the best in game pokemon in emerald besides Blaziken hands down.
[/quote]
Manectric is amazing in game iirc. Plus, his appearance is just flat out hardcore~

Oh, and one of the best things about getting Dive. Go to Abandoned Ship, get Ice Beam, Rain Dance, Water Stone. Then head to the route where you get Giga Drain. INSTA-BADA** LUDICOLO~

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7oqWN.png[/img]

[quote name='Skizo' timestamp='1346621111' post='6018041']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VXIP9.png[/img]

The team so far, just beat Roxanne. No deaths so yet.
[/quote]

[img]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg[/img]

My team:

Grovyle (Evice) Level 16
Taillow (Artemis) Level 14
Shroomish (LovelyCC) Level 15
Makuhita (Benzema) Level 12

Deaths:
[s]Poochyena (Ganso) Level 11[/s]

Gonna try to get through as far of the game as I can tonight.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BLphL.png[/img]

The epitome of Pokemonz. Water dudes and dudettes, Imma proud of you.

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1346630381' post='6018145']
[img]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg[/img]

My team:

Grovyle (Evice) Level 16
Taillow (Artemis) Level 14
Shroomish (LovelyCC) Level 15
Makuhita (Benzema) Level 12

Deaths:
[s]Poochyena (Ganso) Level 11[/s]

Gonna try to get through as far of the game as I can tonight.
[/quote]
I'm likin' yer progress so far, dude. Shroomish is gonna be amazing when it evolves. :3

[quote name='Renji' timestamp='1346637566' post='6018187']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/BLphL.png[/img]

The epitome of Pokemonz. Water dudes and dudettes, Imma proud of you.

I'm likin' yer progress so far, dude. Shroomish is gonna be amazing when it evolves. :3
[/quote]

Not when Brawly sweeps me.

So I lost to Brawly so I guess I am out of the run DX

[quote name='Archbaroness Cinnabonbon' timestamp='1346611757' post='6017942']
Monotype sounds good.:3
Provided that you pick a type you can work with and not something like Bug or Poison.D:

And I finally started my Treecko run.=o
The team in Rustboro City:
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ii8gsk.png[/img]

Caught a Ralts on route 102. /not-bad.jpg

But to avoid ragequits at the beginning, I'd recommend to level up fast.
Like, grind like hell, the earlier, the better.=o
Also, fight those Silcoons, Cascoons and Seedots! They make you level up fast and all.
[/quote]

YOU BUTT! I FOUND A LOTAD ON THAT ROUTE! And I swear, every damn pokemon afterwards was a Ralts... Lucky...

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Username: Mr.Wham[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favourite Pokémon: Darkrai, Espeon, Typhlosion, Gengar, Volcarona, Milotic, Dragoniar[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Favourite game: umm........SoulSilver other than that Jak series[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Are you new to Nuzlockes / experience?: No, but I recently joined the Nuzlocke forum. Found out about Pokemon Quartz from there.[/size][/font][/color]

So I started my adventure with Mudkip and used space-bar hax to speed the hell through the game. Kip is doing quite well, but I killed the first Pokemon on Route 103. :( Continuing on, I caught a Marill on 104, but spaced out and killed everything in the woods. I made it to Rustboro and went past it and nabbed a Taillow, so I have okay type-coverage now.

Aaaand, I kill Whismer in Rusturf Tunnel. I suck at this.

With only 3 bro's when I should have at least five, I reluctantly approached the gym. Despite my fears, Layla made quick work of the Geodudes as expected, Kip dominated Nosepass.

I'm off to a mediocre start, with a small roster of Pokemon, but at least they're strong.

[IMG]http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/adhdguitar/party.png[/IMG]

So sadly I lost (probably should have trained a tad more) so I will continue my ruby playthrough and bring updates here again.

Pickup Zigzagoon is awesome I have 5 rare candies stored up now for leveling up pokemon I catch later so they can be closer in level with my team.

[spoiler=Journal Entry #5]
The first thing that I had noticed was the cycling road, [color=#ff0000][i]"That would make my life so much easier, if I had a bike."[/i][/color] however I was drawn to the grass by a sweet scent, and the first pokemon that popped up was an Electrike, [color=#ff0000][i]"I'm sure he'll be useful."[/i][/color] and I promptly caught him and [b]Martin[/b] became team member #6, but I still felt restricted as I still can't cut down those small trees. [color=#ff0000][i]"I'm sure I'll capture a pokemon that can learn cut eventually."[/i][/color]

The one thing that I had to be weary of whilst training on Route 110 was wild Gulpin and their Poison Gas attack, [color=#ff0000][i]"Yeah, that'll do more harm than good especially in a nuzlocke."[/i][/color] although he felt safer around them during times when he was paralyzed. [color=#ff0000][i]"Because a pokemon having 2 special conditions are impossible outside the TCG."[/i][/color]

Once Martin had grown to level 20, I though I'd do the same with the rest of my team, [color=#ff0000][i]"I have to give them equal opportunities, especially if they are to survive."[/i][/color] in order to prepare me for the next few battles along the route. [color=#ff0000][i]"No, I'm totally not hinting at anything."[/i][/color] As soon as the rest of my team reached level 20, I continued along the route when I was confronted by none other than Prof. Birch. [color=#ff0000][i]"What is he doing here?" [/i][/color]He also heard that I had the match call feature installed, [color=#ff0000][i]"How did he find that out?"[/i][/color] and he gives me his phone number before leaving. [color=#ff0000][i]"Darn I forgot to tell him that me and May are dating."[/i][/color]

As I continued my quest along Route 110, I come up against 2 pokefans with each of them using a Plusle and a Minun, [color=#ff0000][i]"Oh how they compliment each other."[/i][/color] but not even the power of Plus and Minus was enough to topple my team, and after they were defeated, the man asks if I have no compassion or pity, and the woman gives me her phone number. [color=#ff0000][i]"Just what I always wanted."[/i][/color]

It wasn't long before a strange looking house came into view, this place was called the trick house. [color=#ff0000][i]"This place will be a barrel of laughs."[/i][/color] Since I was in the mood for some fun, I thought I'd enter and as I entered, something was watching me from under the table. The extravagantly dressed man, [color=#ff0000][i]"At least in the anime he was."[/i][/color] introduced himself as the Trick Master and he challenges me to complete his puzzles, and thus I entered through the scroll, however I unable to complete the challenge, [color=#ff0000][i]"I knew not having Cut would come back to haunt me."[/i][/color] and so I left until I had caught a pokemon that can learn Cut.

As I exited, I went to the east towards Route 103 and my only purpose for re-visiting Route 103 was to battle the trainers there. [color=#ff0000][i]"Since I know that there is a body of water from my first visit there."[/i][/color] I battled another team of Plusle and Minun, [color=#ff0000][i]"Both of which used Helping Hand on the first turn."[/i][/color] and then the 2 little girls gave me their phone number. [color=#ff0000][i]"Man, i'm really popular with the ladies."[/i][/color] the male pokefan gave me his phone number after I beat his Skitty and I annoyed yet another fisherman by talking to him. [color=#ff0000][i]"Although he was more frustrated about his line being tangled."[/i][/color]

Upon my return to Route 110, I go through the grassy road and found a Youngster who explains that he had found some cool pokemon around here, [color=#ff0000][i]"Although to be fair, only 1 of his pokemon can be found in this Route."[/i][/color] and as I continued through the route, I see a familiar face, it's my girlfriend May, and she wants a battle with me. Martin made light work of her Wingull, and Slugma fell swiftly too, [color=#ff0000][i]"But how did she get Slugma?"[/i][/color] and then her Grovyle appeared. [color=#ff0000][i]"I totally didn't train so that I can safely deal with this thing."[/i][/color] but Sally took care of that thing with 1 Wing Attack which defeated May. As a gift for defeating her, she gives me an Itemfinder. [color=#ff0000][i]"I can now find hidden treasures like Archaeologists can."[/i][/color] and then she speeds off on her bike. [color=#ff0000][i]"How come she has a bicycle and I don't?"[/i][/color]

The next guy I encountered along the route wanted to see my pokemon, [color=#ff0000][i]"Fine, but you only get to see 2 of them."[/i][/color] and then he wanted my phone number because he likes to collect them too. The guy opposite the collector was a guitarist, [color=#ff0000][i]"I remember 1 of the Go-Rock Quads having a guitar and using a pokemon too."[/i][/color] and I think they were fighting for a Revive to see who gets to keep it. [color=#ff0000][i]"The jokes on them as I claimed it, and I didn't need the Itemfinder to find it."[/i][/color] I then met a triathlete who said that she fell off the Cycling Road, [color=#ff0000][i]"Seems legit."[/i][/color] and her solitary pokemon fell in 1 fell swoop. The psychic opposite her says that he can't possibly lose, [color=#ff0000][i]"But we all know that prediction is false."[/i][/color] but he ended up losing. [color=#ff0000][i]"Owned."[/i][/color] After stealing the 9 Nanab berries, I snuck up behind another fisherman and promptly annoyed him, and I probably annoyed him further by defeating him. Once his downfall came, I finally arrived in Mauville City.

Assuming noone was watching, I entered the first house I saw, [color=#ff0000][i]"Because like Zelda, you can enter any building and noone would care."[/i][/color] and the woman inside wishes she had a bike so that she can get some Harbor Mail. [color=#ff0000]"I wish I got some Harbor Mail earlier."[/color] Seeing as I had a soft spot for girls in need, [color=#ff0000][i]"Albeit sometimes."[/i][/color] I thought I'd got back to Slateport to buy a Harbor Mail. Two and half real life minutes later, I returned with some Harbor Mail and I traded it with her for a Coin Case. [color=#ff0000][i]"Yay, now I can gamble."[/i][/color]

The next house I entered was the home of the Rock Smash dude who gave me HM06 because my pokemon looked strong. [color=#ff0000][i]"They workout with me every day."[/i][/color] It wasn't long before a bunch of bikes came into view, [color=#ff0000][i]"Sweet, now I can steal a bike."[/i][/color] and the clerk inside gives me a bike for free because my running shoes are dirty, and he also tells me that I can switch bikes any time. I then had to make the difficult decision of visiting the gym or going to the game corner, but the dazzling lights drew me towards the game corner. There I bought 50 coins for $1000, [color=#ff0000][i]"Sounds like a rip-off in my opinion."[/i][/color] and I tried my hands at the slots. [color=#ff0000][i]"Which certainly got addictive, but at least I didn't have a gambling problem."[/i][/color] When I thought enough was enough, I made my way to the gym.
[/spoiler]

My team:
Marshtomp (Mudman) - Level 21
Kirlia (Miss ESP) - Level 21
Taillow (Sally) - Level 21
Beautifly (Wendy) - Level 21
Makuhita (Michael) - Level 21
Electrike (Martin) - Level 21

[quote name='Archbaron Barthandelus' timestamp='1346702458' post='6018661']
My party is back up to 2. I caught a Bagon, and now have my Level 68 swampert, and a level 55 Salamance. I think I'm ready for the final league.
[/quote]

Make sure you have plenty of PP restoring items or you'll burn out.

[spoiler=Journal Entry #6]
Instead of heading to the gym, I went to Route 117 instead. Again I was attracted into the grass by the sweet scent, and the first thing I noticed was a walking bush, but it turned out to be an Oddish. [color=#ff0000][i]"Finally! Something that can use Cut!"[/i][/color] Hiding my excitement of finding an Oddish, I proceeded to capture him and he was named [b]Oscar[/b]. I then proceeded to steal 9 Wepear berries before battling a triathlete who is in the middle of a triathlon, [color=#ff0000][i]"Although he was just running back and forth."[/i][/color] and after my victory, he gave me his phone number. [color=#ff0000][i]"Honestly, I'm not going to call half of these people."[/i][/color]

Route 117 was also home to the pokemon day care, where pokemon can gain levels and make babies with each other, [color=#ff0000][i]"If they're compatible."[/i][/color] but I ignored that place and went to duel with a couple of students and they gave me their phone numbers after my victory. [color=#ff0000][i]"Again, I'm a hit with the ladies, but I'm not going to call them."[/i][/color] I had an interesting battle with a breeder and he gave me his number, and the female triathlete I battle fell faster than her running the final leg of a triathlon, and she gave me her number. Continuing on with my trip on Route 117, I met a Bug maniac, [color=#ff0000][i]"Not a bug catcher, but a bug maniac."[/i][/color] and after that battle, Sally evolved into Swellow. After a few more one-sided battles, the last trainer I battled was a female breeder who evaluated that my pokemon were raised properly and gave me her phone number, and then I made my way back to Mauville, but not before I went to Route 118 to battle the trainers on the east side of the water, and I got numbers from an aroma lady and a guitarist.

When I got to the doors of the Mauville gym, I saw a familiar face, Mr. I-Borrowed-a-pokemon-from your father, Wally. He was there with his Uncle who protested with the idea of Wally challenging a gym, and then he challenges me to a battle. His Ralts was no match for my Kirlia however, [color=#ff0000][i]"But at least he did a Rare Candy in Verdanturf town."[/i][/color] and Ralts fell after 4 turns and I stole $960 from Wally at the end. After accepting his loss, he decided to go back to Verdanturf with his Uncle, [color=#ff0000][i]"You wouldn't have been able to win the gym badge anyway."[/i][/color] but not his Uncle suggested I go visit Wally in Verdanturf, [color=#ff0000][i]"Hell no!"[/i][/color] then from out of nowhere, Mr. Hawaiian-dude Scott approached me. He asked if I was friends with Wally, [color=#ff0000][i]"No way, I'm not friends with him."[/i][/color] and then he leaves saying he'll be cheering for me. [color=#ff0000][i]"Like Gary's cheerleaders. Wait a minute, he left in the direction of Verdanturf, which means he must secretly be cheering for Wally."[/i][/color]

Inside the gym, I immediately saw that it was an electric-type gym, and that I had to use buttons to change the direction of the barriers. The first trainer I fought had 2 Meditite, [color=#ff0000][i]"Wait what? I thought that this was an electric-type gym?"[/i][/color] and Sally took care of them no problem. [color=#ff0000][i]"This being the only time you can use a flying-type in an electric-gym without any troubles at all."[/i][/color] However I couldn't get to the button without beating a guitarist who uses electric types. The next guy I battled was a Youngster who used a Zigzagoon and a Gulpin, [color=#ff0000][i]"Again, not electric-types."[/i][/color] and then there was a Bug Maniac in the gym, [color=#ff0000][i]"Which is totally messed up."[/i][/color] but fortunately there was 1 final electric user in the gym. After beating those random as hell trainers, it was time to face Wattson.

Wattson was in a downer because he had given up on his plans to convert the city, but he also likes a good laugh too. His Voltorb went down no problem, [color=#ff0000][i]"It rolled straight into my Mud Shot."[/i][/color] I then took the risk of using Miss ESP on Electrike, but it couldn't finish the job, and I made an intelligent switch by swapping into Michael who defeated Electrike. I then made the decision of using Mudman for the rest of the battle, [color=#ff0000][i]"It's the safest move as well."[/i][/color] Magneton was defeated by Mud Shot, [color=#ff0000][i]"Good thing I wasn't hit by Supersonic."[/i][/color] and I had to keep firing Mud Shots at Manectric until it fell, and I claimed my winnings of $2300, TM34 (Shock Wave), and Wattson's number.

Now that I have the ability to use Rock Smash, I thought I'd bike back to Verdanturf Town so that I can break down the rocks in the Rusturf Tunnel, but on my way there, Wally phones me, [color=#ff0000][i]"How the hell did he get my Number?! I don't want to speak to him."[/i][/color] He tells me that his Uncle got him a Pokenav and he somehow got my Number, but I shook it off and got to Verdanturf Town.

The first thing I did was go into the Rusturf Tunnel, but before I can break the rocks so I can get to Route 116, I had to defeat a hiker. After defeating him, I saw another path leading to a different exit, [color=#ff0000][i]"I love detours."[/i][/color] and this exit lead to another part of Route 116. There I saw a guy looking for his glasses, so I used the Itemfinder to see if I can find them but all I found were Blackglasses, and I checked to see if they were the bloke's glasses by showing them to him, he then concludes that they are not his glasses and leaves. [color=#ff0000][i]"Heh, finders keepers anyway. Also by the looks of you sprite, your glasses are on your face!"[/i][/color]

After picking up the HP UP, I went back to the tunnel to break down the rocks. As soon as Michael broke down the rocks, the karate dude I met earlier in the game gave me HM04. [color=#ff0000][i]"Now that is a gift, not like that Full Heal I won."[/i][/color] I continued along the tunnel to get back to Route 116, and have Oscar cut down those trees. As soon as I got back to Route 116, I saw that Devon bloke again and he gave me a Repeat Ball, [color=#ff0000][i]"Because that's really useful in a nuzlocke."[/i][/color] and goes back to Devon. I saw that a Rich boy and a Lady were fighting over a Potion, [color=#ff0000][i]"Seriously?"[/i][/color] and then I fought against a School kid who gave me his number, and a lass before claiming 4 Pinap berries and 4 Chesto berries.

Back at Verdanturf, I noticed yet another battle tent, [color=#ff0000][i]"Where are the contest halls?"[/i][/color] and I entered it to see what the challenge inside was. It turned out that Scott was here, and that the challenge this time round tested a pokemon's trust, so I passed up that challenge, and claimed TM45 (Attract) from the woman to the left of the counter.

The woman living in the house to the south-west checked to see how happy my pokemon are, [color=#ff0000][i]"But I didn't need to check how happy my pokemon are."[/i][/color] and the twins living in the house to the south-east talk about Ever Grande City and the Elite 4. [color=#ff0000][i]"So that is where I'll battle the Elite 4?"[/i][/color] The last place in Verdanturf Town is Wanda's house, and Wally is staying here. [color=#ff0000][i]"Actaully there's 1 bed and 4 people living here, does Wally sleep in the bed and the rest sleep on the floor?"[/i][/color]

After I had finished up in Verdanturf, I decided to head back down to Route 110 and take the Cycling Road. As I went down, I battled every triathlete that got in my way, and some of them gave me their phone numbers. At the end, the guy assessed me on how long it took me and how many collisions I had. [color=#ff0000][i]"Although my time wasn't that good because of the battles."[/i][/color]

Now that I have Cut, I could finish that trick house challenge from before. When the scroll came in sight, I had to defeat a trainer first, and she asked who the trick master was, [color=#ff0000][i]"He's the guy who runs the trick house."[/i][/color] and after she was defeated, Michael evolved into Hariyama. The last guy I battled wandered into the house by accident, [color=#ff0000][i]"How can you accidentily walk into a house?"[/i][/color] and he was defeated easily. When I got to the door, I put in the code which was Trick Master is fabulous, [color=#ff0000][i]"Is he really though?"[/i][/color] and he gave me a Rare Candy and teleports out of here.

The next time I went into the trick house, the trick master was hiding behind a tree, [color=#ff0000][i]"That's a really good hiding place."[/i][/color] and challenges me to another puzzle. The first guy states the obvious that I'm on my second challenge, and it was obvious that he was going to lose. The puzzle this time round was that I had to press buttons to close the trap doors. [color=#ff0000][i]"What if something fell into those trap doors? Because once the button comes down, that's it."[/i][/color] The code that I memorized was Trick Master is smart, [color=#ff0000][i]"No he isn't , I'm smarter than him."[/i][/color] and my reward for beating this challenge was a Timer Ball and he leaves in the same way as before, and then I leave to go back to Mauville City.
[/spoiler]

Team at this point:
Marshtomp (Mudman) - Level 24
Kirlia (Miss ESP) - Level 23
Swellow (Sally) - Level 23
Beautifly (Wendy) - Level 23
Hariyama (Michael) - Level 24
Electrike (Martin) - Level 23

OKEEDAY.

Back from whereversville.

Ye Big Ole Update, Starting from new additions and ending with Gym leaders, plus an extra little tidbit.

[spoiler=Welcoming...]

Dr.Monocle - Trapinch - Lv20

Milly - Wynaut - Lv5

Rolltorb - Voltorb - Lv23

Han - Anorith - Lv20

Chao - Castform - Lv25

Lucky - Natu - Lv25
[/spoiler]
...Ok.

[spoiler=Gym Leaders since last Update]Watson, Defeated!
Flannery, Defeated!
Norman, Defeated!

Working on number 6...
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Current Party...]

Lucky - Xatu - Lv27
Poffer - Weezing - Lv39
Swampy - Lombre - Lv41 - WATER STONES ARE FREAKIN' HARD TO GET IN EMERALD
Han - Anorith - Lv33
Rory - Blaziken - Lv38
Scott Gunn - Hariyama - Lv36

R.I.P...No one, I think...
[/spoiler]
Now, thing is, I'm getting reaaally possesive about my Pokémon. So, thinking back to something Larry said a while ago, I added this rule upon myself.

)I CAN use Revives/Max Revives to bring a Pokémon back to life as long as I have not bought one, and I have 1 extra to sell.

For example, let's say Scott Gunn dies. However, I have 2 revives. I can bring him back to life as long as I sell the extra revive, leaving me with none, and I had to find them both in the field. Same for Max Revives.

If It's against the rules, fine, I'll stop doing it, but I'm not releasing all who were casualties but lived because of this. Lucky was one, and he's the only one I have who can HM.02 FLY.

...psst. Where can I find a Water Stone?

I'm also down to one more retries. Blasted Number 6...

Archived