YuGiOh- The Death Cards [OOC, PG-13, Started, Always Accepting]

EpicBoss99

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, for those that are curious, this is what Ruga is trying to keep locked up in his tiny flaming black box:

[spoiler=Lock Box Cards][spoiler=Arcana Force XV - The Fiend][img]http://i.imgur.com/cD1qF.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Archfiend Matador][img]http://i.imgur.com/kTc9c.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ritual of the Matador][img]http://i.imgur.com/xnnNp.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Burning Crystal Death Bringer (this is the one pestering Ruga)][img]http://i.imgur.com/DVtzH.jpg[/img][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Yeah I know. But you never know. Andre could still be wrong about his view of what happened

soory about the double post, but I have one or two things about kaiba's walk in on us.

A. The room was Soundproof so how could he have heard the conversation

B. I do not recall Kaiba ever meeting Ace.

C. Kaiba didn't trust the members orginally, why has his mind changed?

sorry for being this OCD about this but it kinda bugs me a little

[quote name='The_Duck' timestamp='1349230052' post='6036806']
A. The room was Soundproof so how could he have heard the conversation

[b][i]I'm going to guess that without Andre's Knowledge, Kaiba has Microscopic Cameras in each of the offices[/i][/b]

B. I do not recall Kaiba ever meeting Ace.

[b][i]Guessing that Ace could be an undercover for Kaiba, A lot of Undercovers in stories have that name[/i][/b]

C. Kaiba didn't trust the members originally, why has his mind changed?

[b][i]Deceiving the mole is a valid strategy, mind you[/i][/b]
[/quote]

I'm getting a bit worried about the speed that the RP has been moving at; I know I have no say in the matter and the fact that I've been here for a far shorter time than anyone else doesn't help, but honestly, I find that there seems to be an abundance of somewhat non-plot relevant (I apologize for the harshness) duels - meaning, duels between two people who are not of opposite sides, random conversations that just happen to turn into duels, random confrontations, etc. And what's more, not even a day has passed, so "future" events cannot occur and therefore causes the plot to move too slowly. Often, this becomes the downfall (and death) of RPs.

Once again, I know my opinion probably doesn't mean much, but I'm just putting that out there.

@Duck: That is not to say you cannot slow it down. You seem to forget that by doing this, you have thrown multiple people under the bus. This includes me, Zextra, and Time Psyduck. That is nowhere near cool because if this RP ends on this one day, I get no more real interaction and since Zextra's char is tied to mine, neither does (s)he.

EDIT: Not to mention, the combined plot speeding of all of you is causing this to hinder the quality of the RP. The solution shouldn't have to be so simple. Maybe that's not the only TD hideout, maybe that's just the tip of the iceburg. We can do a lot more with this than just "heroes ambush hideout, heroes win."

Seriously, Justice Master is right. I have also been thrown under this proverbial bus, seeing as my only interaction has been with NPCs and Rael, AixDavidis's character. I would really appreciate the option to do more than what has been alotted me so far. Additionally, as part of Kaiba's security team and a duelist with a preceeding, great reputation, why would he not have brought me up on the situation? Especially considering that Team Death came up in our original discussion. In conclusion my point is the following: please, not so fast, ladies and gents.

The main problem is that too many things are happening in one day - there have been 260 posts in the IC, and already how many duels and plot advancements have occurred? Everybody has their ideas as to what they want, but when so many different plot ideas are all executed together, it creates chaos and confusion. Some characters are randomly dueling left and right, others are taking the plot completely into their own hands, and also there are those have no place or cannot fit in with any current situation etc. We need to slow down and progress slowly but steadily.

Also, on another note, Justice Master makes a very good point regarding the Team Death Hideout - a good RP will not have such a shallow plot. Both sides, good and bad, must have time (and the opportunities) to develop throughout the duration of the RP, and that is impossible if, as pointed out earlier: "Heroes ambush hideout; heroes win".

I admit, yes I am a little at fault here, i was a little too fast paced with the plot, but I refuse to take full responsiblity for it. I was not the one who came up with the idea of storming the base. For all we know, Reaper may not even be at that base. We could just have that happen and the RP can continue, if you want to try it.

[quote name='The_Duck' timestamp='1349402676' post='6038118']
I admit, yes I am a little at fault here, i was a little too fast paced with the plot, but I refuse to take full responsiblity for it. I was not the one who came up with the idea of storming the base. For all we know, Reaper may not even be at that base. We could just have that happen and the RP can continue, if you want to try it.
[/quote]
Not that my say in all this really matters, but I, personally, am not blaming you in particular for this whole thing, but rather everyone's different actions - since there are like 5 different things going on, there's limited character interaction, as everyone basically has one other character who they are interacting with at a time and no more.

Archived