YuGiOh- The Death Cards [OOC, PG-13, Started, Always Accepting]

EpicBoss99

Yes, to extend upon what Zextra was saying, it's not one person's fault. It's everyone's for letting this go on for this long. I addressed you, Duck, because the majority of the plot is in your group's hands, you being the leader.

Yeah, let's try and extend this RP, so characters can develop and more fun can be had by all.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1349636480' post='6039743']
Now, we wait for EpicBoss so that we can start day 2.
If he doesn't post in two days, I find that it is my responsibility to bring us to day 2. You may all get your characters ready for this change of days, as I will post again here to tell you that I'm about to.
[/quote]
EpicBoss hasn't been on for nearly 5 days, so that explains his absence here. As of now, the only thing left that's happening is the duel between Julius and Rael, but it's been more than 2 days since we got a reply to that.

Boogyman, I apologize beforehand and you may hate me for saying this, but in terms of RP'ing, having a counter to every move and play your opponent is a bit excessive and disrespectful to the other RP'er, unless the duel is specifically planned out to be that way by both members (say, by PM or something of the sort). Granted, you're not using cards like Mirror Force, Solemn Warning/Judgment and such, but keep in mind that dueling in RPs is different than dueling in real life. I guess, in a sense, you should compare RP dueling to anime-style dueling.

Once again, I mean no offense with this post - just something that I would like to note.

It has just happened to turn out that way, Zextra. Also, no, I do not hate you. I understand that having a counter to every move is not necessarily good etiquette, but I determined my face-downs and which cards were on the field far before there effects just so happened to come into play. I did not tailor my cards to fit the situation. I have a notebook in which I have literally been writing down and keeping track of my field in a rather meticulous manner. Additionally, it makes my counters look worse because I am forced to not activate them in real-time, but rather after-the-fact, forcing replays. You can look up the set in my link. I have no idea if the cards have a "created on ___" detail in the links, but all of these cards were created during the day of my application or the next morning. I have not made any since. That being said, I may add 1 or 2 to the Extra Deck at a later date. NOT DURING THIS DUEL THOUGH BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE CHEATING, AND CHEATERS NEVER WIN.

[quote name='boogyman094' timestamp='1349677799' post='6040123']
It has just happened to turn out that way, Zextra. Also, no, I do not hate you. I understand that having a counter to every move is not necessarily good etiquette, but I determined my face-downs and which cards were on the field far before there effects just so happened to come into play. I did not tailor my cards to fit the situation. I have a notebook in which I have literally been writing down and keeping track of my field in a rather meticulous manner. Additionally, it makes my counters look worse because I am forced to not activate them in real-time, but rather after-the-fact, forcing replays. You can look up the set in my link. I have no idea if the cards have a "created on ___" detail in the links, but all of these cards were created during the day of my application or the next morning. I have not made any since. That being said, I may add 1 or 2 to the Extra Deck at a later date. NOT DURING THIS DUEL THOUGH BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE CHEATING, AND CHEATERS NEVER WIN.
[/quote]
I understand your situation, and I believe you when you say that you created everything beforehand (now what really annoys me is when RP'ers get into a tight situation and randomly slap together a card that would be situationally perfect only to help them at that moment :P). And I keep track of what I play manually as well, actually, so I know what you're referring to there. But overall, you seem to have a good grasp of what RP'ing should be like. :3

Anyway, again, I apologize if my last post was rude - usually I try not to butt into situations that I have no place in, but sometimes I just feel the need to point things out.

is it okay if i nerf my cards when i realize they're too powerful sometimes?
i know it is editing in the middle of a duel
but it doesn't work to have overpowered cards
i don't change the actual effect of a card, for example, for one of my cards, it was originally 300 ATK for each of my banished cards and i changed it to 200 ATK for each of them with a different name...

[quote name='Justice Master' timestamp='1349708267' post='6040200']
Sometimes, you just need to test them out on Duel Portal. Some decks can seem OP'd, but really aren't.
[/quote]

I Blank test my decks on YVD, I have already tested out a Regular Pantheon Deck, and they seem way too powerful, So in this RP, I'm using Highlander Pantheons... Which is a lot less powerful

Only the first card really matters, I suppose. Anyway, I edited my post. If you're wondering why I didn't actually state the card names, it's because Lance isn't actually able to see the cards (until he draws them, of course). So just in case, the new order should be:
• Justice Soldier Clon
• Role Model
• Heavy Storm

Archived