YuGiOh- The Death Cards [IC, PG-13, Started, Always Accepting]

EpicBoss99

Talisein sighed and handed the camera back to the girl. "I'll see if I can't get some other angle to get shots from," he hissed, and slipped away through the crowd. It was partially true - a couple of shots from another angle might be useful, but in truth he was tiring of filming the duel and, his passion as a duelist fired up, he wanted to watch it unfettered by his job as a reporter. The appearance of what seemed to be the ace monsters of the decks indicated the duel was gearing up towards an impressive finale. Finding a good position, he pulled himself up onto a lampost, head and shoulders above the crowd.

High above, the centrepoint of the lethiathan's circling path shifted, and the great beast moved with it.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ruga chuckles a bit. [color=#800080]"No, no... That won't be necessary at the moment... Even if Paradox can't do it, Matador should be able to keep Death quiet for a long while. Like you said, Death is a wimp to start off. I'm surprised he hasn't been put down yet."[/color] Ruga chuckles again and smiles slightly. He was about to rest his hand on Yata's when it moved to his head again.[color=#800080] "Excuse me for the moment, madam..."[/color] He stands up and walks off. When it seems like he was about to walk off the edge, a card seemed to have materialized into his hand. A hourglass-shaped object appeared in front of him and he disappeared through it, the object then vanished, leaving no trace of Ruga.

The hourglass reappeared in the park and Ruga exited. He took a look around at the people who were staring at him and shook his head slowly before walking off again. He sat down in a bench as he closes his eyes and thinks to himself.

Cole debated rapidly in his head. He had two options...deflect the attack of Alinso using his two face-down cards, which would guarantee him the duel this turn...or let the attacks pass through and show him a little something else the following turn. Eventually, Cole decided that the duel wouldn't be complete unless he brought out his next card. Once again, he showed no reaction upon taking damage (Cole LP: 4200 -> 2900). Following Alinso's assault, Hackli charged into Keira, destroying them both. [color=#0000ff]"Keira's ability activates - when she's destroyed, I'm allowed to draw a card"[/color] Cole explained flatly as he added the top card of his deck to his hand.

[color=#0000ff]"Now, it's my move"[/color] he stated, picking up yet another card on the top of his deck. [color=#0000ff]"By banishing three Oracus monsters in my Graveyard - Vesta, Augerer, and Amaterasu, I can Special Summon Oracus Infinity, Tsukuyomi" [/color]Cole called as the sky lit up brightly. The clouds gave way to open what looked like a tunnel, from which a brightly lit angel-warrior descended from. The warrior drew his sword, which was almost as long as the length of his body.

[color=#0000ff]"Tsukuyomi's ability activates now...by declaring one type of card, I'm allowed to reveal the top three cards of either my deck or yours - then, I can send an equal number of cards on the field to the Graveyard equal to the number of the declared card type I revealed. I'm selecting my deck and declaring Spell card"[/color] Cole exclaimed, pulling off the top three cards of his deck and showing them to Lance, revealing: Gift of Amaterasu - Divine Rebirth, Heavy Storm, and Oracus Scarletblade, Vesta. [color=#0000ff]"As you can see, there are two Spell cards revealed. But, unfortunately, I'm only allowed to target your Utopia, since it prevents any of your other cards from being targeted. But no matter..."[/color] Cole mused as Tsukuyomi let out a heavenly white-colored beam which shattered the buildings surrounding them.

[color=#0000ff]"Next, I'm Normal Summoning my Oracus Insightia, Luminex"[/color] Cole called, as yet another soldier appeared beside him - this one was covered in shining, gold armor. [color=#0000ff]"But she's not lasting long - trap card activate. Assault on GHQ (apologies for the randomness here)...This trap forces you to send the top two cards of your Deck to the Graveyard at the cost of my monster"[/color] Cole explained, as Luminex transformed into a spear of white light, which shot at Lance's deck.

(Time for responses)

It was an interesting choice of Cole's to mill Lance's deck. Weather he was just being thorough mattered not to Lance. "Sure thing," Lance responded, "I'll send my Justice Soldier Vea(WHAT? A NEW JUSTICE SOLDIER? I cleared it with Zextra in a PM.) and Dandylion to the Graveyard." Two large pieces of cotton with eyes appeared on the champion's field. It was obviously confusing that the almighty duelist would use a card that seemed so throw away like Dandylion, but it could be somewhat accepted. "Since Dandylion was sent to the Graveyard, I get two fluff tokens in defense mode. I thought the goal of the game was to give me less monsters, so unless you have something planned, I doubt this duel with go on for much longer. Now, is that your turn?"

Nevier looked ahead as the Duel between Lance and Cole proceeded on and smiled, She had wondered about Lance for a while, Such an interesting specimen, but she always knew that almost nothing can take down her deck (Except Andre, who seemed to defy Avielle's Fate), However, She sensed a presence within the crowd, a very Dark Presence, So she teleported away from the tower with the help of Yata to go back to her hideout...

when Nevier arrived, Aeklyn greeted her with a boxful of the new D-Sword Attachments that could help out the others with the plan in the Team-Death Base, but she set them aside, It would be best because what if they did not want them?

[color=#0000ff]"Well, my trap card ended up helping him..." [/color]Cole thought. [color=#0000ff]"Now I want to see what this one chance can do for him"[/color] he murmured before looking back up at Lance.[color=#0000ff] "Now, using Tsukuyomi's double attack, I'm able to destroy Alinso at least. But thanks to that Vea that's in his Graveyard, what I'm planning won't be able to finish him off. However, I can clear his field..." [/color]Cole thought. [color=#0000ff]"And since he has no cards in his hand, he'll have to rely on his single next card to win..."[/color]

[color=#0000ff]"Tsukuyomi's other ability activates - since Amaterasu was one of the monsters I banished to summon him, he can attack twice. First, I'm having Tsukuyomi attack your Alinso"[/color] Cole declared. Immediately after the attack declaration, the whole crowd around Kaiba Corporation began to boo him. He knew that they had thought he was crazy to attack a monster far stronger than his own. [color=#0000ff]"But I'm now activating two trap cards - Oracus Battle Form Alpha - Future Magnum, and Oracus Battle Form Delta - Future Metallia. These two cards each equip to Tsukuyomi and increase his attack by 800 each. (Tsukuyomi ATK: 3000 -> 4600)"[/color] Cole explained, as suddenly Tsukuyomi became covered in a majestic armor, gaining a variety of different weapons. The angelic warrior crashed through Alinso in a flash of rainbow light, resulting in a huge impact on the arena. (Lance: 2900 -> 2300)

[color=#0000ff]"In addition to granting Tsukuyomi more power, each of these traps grant Tsukuyomi an additional ability upon destroying one of your monsters. The first to activate, unfortunately for me, is Metallia, who, under normal circumstances would be able to deplete the rest of your Life Points. But since you have that Justice Soldier Vea in your Graveyard, this effect won't damage you. However, my Future Magnum will - your Vea only protects you once, and now, I'm able to send Future Magnum to the Graveyard to send one card you control to the Graveyard and inflict 1000 Life Points of damage to you"[/color] Cole explained as one of the Fluff tokens disintegrated, the recoil burning towards Lance (Lance LP: 2300 -> 1300). [color=#0000ff]"And now, Tsukuyomi attacks again to destroy your only remaining defense"[/color] Cole called, as Tsukuyomi prepared for another strike, flashing right through Lance's remaining monster.

"That's it for me..." Cole stated, signifying the end of his turn.

LP: 2900
Hand: 1
Monsters: Oracus Infinity, Tsukuyomi (equipped with Oracus Battle Form Delta - Future Metallia; ATK: 3800)
S/T: Oracus Battle Form Delta - Future Metallia

[center][spoiler=Cards Used][/center]
[center][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img560/731/oracusbattleformalpha.png[/img][/center]

[center][img]http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/152/oracusbattleformdelta.png[/img][/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]

The crowd gasped. It appeared to be all over for the little ol' champ with 1300 Life Points, no cares in the world, and only a single card to draw. The great duelist took his next card off of the top of his deck. And though the majority of the world would look away or leave the duel, something that confused everyone happened. Lance cracked up. He almost fell to the floor laughing. Some suggested that the official send out someone to go and help him, but for the hardcore fans and Lance himself, a sense of victory was in the air."Cole, it's been real fun, but this duel is about to be over. I Synchro Summon-"

"You can't Synchro, there are no cards on your field!" shouted an aggravated spectator. "Ahem," Lance began, "let me finish. You see, I know I can't normally Synchro Summon with no monsters on the field, but there's one special soldier I haven't used in a heck of a long time, and I'd like you and the crowd to meet him." Transparent holograms of Kain and Vea appeared on the field, Vea disintegrated into three balls of light while Kain leaped into the circle as a mighty transformation occurred. "I Synchro Summon, using his special effect, the Justice Soldier Lotil!" A knight in a full set of armor was revealed from the bright lights. Interestingly, the soldier only had 1700 ATK. Another round of confusion fell onto the audience.

Lance, again, had to explain. "Lotil may look weak, but he's nothing of the sort. You see, this turn, neither of us can activate monster effects, excluding Lotil's own. And his awesome power allows me to destroy a monster you control. Say so long to Tsukoyomi!" The small knight threw the large sword that had been mounted on his back at the winged humanoid, causing a huge explosion. "Even though Lotil alone is not enough to finish you off, I'm not done! I activate Reinforcement of the Army! This allows me to add a Level 4 or lower warrior from my Deck to my hand. And who's a better choice than Justice Soldier Luna?"

"Time to end this," Lance declared with a smile, "I summon Justice Soldier Luna and attack you directly with both Luna and Lotil!" The two swordsmen rushed towards Cole, doing an X shaped slash when finally hitting him.(Cole: 2900 -> 0) The crowd cheered on and on, happy to see an old champion return. A more humbled look came into Lance's face as the holograms shut down. He slowly walked towards his brother, wondering what reaction Cole would have.

[spoiler='Cards Used'][img]http://i.imgur.com/nr78u.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KjvAk.jpg[/img]
Lore:1 "Justice Soldier" tuner + 1 or more "Justice Soldier" monsters. This card can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summon. This card can only be Synchro Summoned by banishing the above cards from your Graveyard. You can only Synchro Summon this monster if your opponent controls 1 or more monsters while you control none. Monster effects cannot be activated the turn this card is summoned, excluding the effect of this card. When this card is summoned, destroy one monster on the field. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Bi50A.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[color=#0000ff]"Really? Of all cards he would draw..."[/color] Cole thought as his life point meter hit 0. The holograms disappeared and Cole let out a sigh of annoyance. Then, he turned towards Lance. [color=#0000ff]"Fun? I wouldn't call it that, Lance...not even close"[/color] he voiced as Lance began to approach him. [color=#0000ff]"But, for the first time in four years, five months, and seven days, I was provided with an opponent..."[/color] he continued.

Suddenly, at that moment, the mental seal that Cole had placed on his emotions began to crack, and shortly after, it shattered completely. Cole's eyes grew wide as if in shock, as he looked at Lance, then almost immediately after they started squinting and one could almost say that Cole had tears in his eyes. [color=#0000ff]"Lance...though I never beat you once, losing never bothered me. But today...I'm ashamed of the way I played"[/color] he whispered at Lance before turning away. [color=#0000ff]"You idiot...leaving us like that..."[/color] he muttered as he retrieved his bag, his head facing downwards.

Reina sighs as she walks out of the crowd. She wasn't paying any attention to the duel, she was just trying to blend in and was thinking about that girl she was busy with yesterday. Right behind her was Vain Superbia, walking with her usual prideful walk and smug look.[color=#800000] "Any signs of our loners, Bia?"[/color] The horse looks over at Reina and shakes her head. [color=#008000]"Not yet... Remember, one of the few things I will admit is that I am not as good of a tracker as Ruga's seemingly countless spirits..."[/color] Reina sighs and shakes her head slowly before starting to continue on her way.

After the duel between Lance and Cole was over, Epignotiam Bane shrugged as it didn’t know what to do now. [b][i]‘Perhaps I should return to base, there must be something interesting going on there,’[/i] [/b]the levitating mirage though as it broke the spiritual chains between itself and the fake Truth. [i][b]“Go puppet, I have some work to do,”[/b][/i] it said vanishing in a tornado of black tar (Not that anyone could see it that time) along with its own card.

The black figure stood there silently looking back and forth as its awareness was brought back into reality. Magically appearing in its right hand, a card with blue aura around it as the fake Truth placed it in his pockets with the remnants of his deck.

___

Skyler however was completely bored. He was at the infamous Sunset Park for ten minutes and as expected, nothing happened. [color=#696969][b]“Unsatisfactory,”[/b][/color] he muttered as he continued to read his book while occasionally looking around to see if anything interesting happened, nothing. The atmosphere of the scenery hadn’t changed at all since he entered the park. [color=#696969][i]‘Boring…There is no knowledge to gain,’[/i][/color] he thought still patiently going back to his book that he was reading.

A sudden coldness was felt in the air as Cole walked away from him, muttering something a little more than hurtful. Lance could still try and stop him, but there didn't seem to be any reason to. Cole simply didn't want anything to do with him right now, from what it seemed. And thus, a familiar feeling befell Lance. The lonely champion, on his tall mountain above the mortals, was being cheered by the gods above as the greatest warrior. And it meant nothing at all to him. He watched as his brother walked the other way before turning around and doing the same.

In a small lounge area KaibaCorp provided, a slightly depressed Lance, with a bit of an urge to punch the wall, sat. He was watching something about food. He couldn't pronounce the names of them, but he assumed that they were very fancy. His deck was on the other side of the room. He didn't even want to look at a Duel Monsters card right now, yet it was still in his rear vision. Even when he didn't want anything to do with them, he didn't like not knowing where his cards were.

Nevier looked back at the match she watched and smiled, Both boys were quite interesting, but the one she was interested in was Lance, However, She could not just go up there to meet him, but then an idea sprang into mind, Why not send one of her monsters in to deliver the message? and who better to send in to do the job than a certain officer? Nevier Grinned as she placed yet another card on her Duel Disk, and when she did, A Gale of white Stirred up as a woman, whose entirely white as Snow, and had astonishing beauty, She wore a set of Light and breathable armor, The woman asked [color=#d3d3d3]"What is it you need Nevier?" [/color]Her voice sounded calm and yet like wind, Nevier then replied[color=#8b4513] "Ah Yes Scarkaiser... There was a person whom I was watching Duel Earlier... [/color][color=#8b4513]" [/color][color=#d3d3d3]"I'm guessing you're wanting me to send him a message?" [/color][color=#8b4513]"Yes... Tell him that 'I wonder about him, perhaps we should get together sometime and have a bite to eat..." [/color][color=#d3d3d3]"Okay!" [/color]Scarkaiser then Disappeared in a white Gale without a trace...

With his feet propped up upon the coffee table included within the room, Lance watched as the TV screen showed delicious food. Yet, his mind began to drift and think about Duel Monsters. Everything, strategies, decks, rare cards, tournaments, celebrities, and finally, his deck. He tried to shift his mind back onto food, but that resulted in a terrible mess where he began to think about multiple Madolche one turn kill ideas. This made his hunger for dueling grow, as well as his actual hunger. Suddenly, Lance thought he heard something close by his door. "What do you want?" He called to the possibly nonexistent being behind the door.

Suddenly, A White Gale came in through the door in the room that Lance was in, brushing across Lance himself a little, The wind was actually warm. suddenly, The White Gale started to turn into the Albino Woman of Absolute Beauty she actually was, She wore a White Dress as well, Again her voice was calm, yet like the wind as she said [color=#d3d3d3]"My My, You're a tough one to find... My name is Scarkaiser... Mistress Nevier has taken an interest in you and would like to meet you sometime... Perhaps here, or at least outside? We'll meet you again..." [/color]She giggled as she disappeared into a white Gale and dispersed...

---

Meanwhile, Nevier, with Yata's help, had teleported just outside Kaibacorp. waiting to meet Lance...

Most would have been delighted by the beauty who had entered the room, maybe even a bit spellbound. Lance speculated he might have been had the being not burst out of air after floating itself on in. He could almost recall asking for KaibaCorp to give him a room that wasn't rigged with those stupid hologram projectors. Either way, someone was wanting, some chick named Nevier to be precise. The hologram said something about meeting that woman outside. Outside wasn't too far away and the majority of the fans were either gone by this point or making their own cards on the Card Creation floor.

As he was just about to leave the room, a thought came to mind. His deck. With his over-protectiveness proving to be quite overwhelming he grabbed it before going to the front of the KaibaCorp building. Lance, armed with a hoodie, made his way there where he saw a woman which he could only assume was the Nevier he had been informed of. He ran up to her, "so," he began, "I've heard that you wanted to see me, Nevier? Am I right?"

Nevier looked at Lance as he spoke, She simply smiled Gently and said [color=#8b4513]"Yes... I watched your duel with your brother... I've taken an interest in you" [/color]She giggled kindly before having a somewhat stern face and saying [color=#8b4513]"I've heard your name quite a few times Lance, but I've always thought you were just like the group of wussies I used to hang out with... until now that is..." [/color]Nevier asked after seeing if there were any people around as to not give any Suspicious Implications to Lance or anyone around [color=#8b4513]"Perhaps we can discuss more with a bite to eat? perhaps over a couple burgers?" [/color]

"Yeah, I'm starving," Lance replied with a hand at his stomach, "burgers sound great. I don't see how you ever thought of me to be a wussie, though. What do you want to discuss? I swear, if you're apart of the goddamned paparazzi..." his phrase was interrupted by the sound of his stomach growling. Lance sighed, "on second though, lunch first, then I'll scold you if you're a reporter of some sort. Do you know a pretty good burger place to eat?" Hunger was the one opponent Lance found himself losing to on a daily basis.

Nevier had started laughing when Lance mentioned her being part of the Paparazzi and said [color=#8b4513]"Puhlease, I have better things to do than over-obsess over a bunch of Weakling fruitcakes that bought their fame! But yes... Let us depart... Yata!?" [/color]The Next thing that Lance knew was that Nevier's Duel Spirit, known promptly as Yata, had suddenly appeared behind Nevier in the flesh, Nevier giggled as suddenly, both she and Lance were swept into Yata's Cape before Yata Disappeared into an orb of darkness...

Yata then Reappeared in an alley near the burger joint about a few miles from the park, then swept out his cape, causing Nevier and Lance to reappear without much of a hint of harm, but Nevier explained before Lance could get deep into a state of confusion [color=#8b4513]"My Duel Disk is rather Special, It allows me to actually Summon Monsters, Including my Duel Spirit, Yata-Aluria, who is capable of transporting people in his cape and Teleport... I tend to use him above any other sort of transportation... now before you get any false ideas about who I am... I quit that Team of Wussies a long time ago..." [/color]Nevier then took Lance out of the Alley and near the Burger Joint... She'll let Lance Lead her in...

A feeling of complete shock filled Lance. Interestingly, he still followed the woman to the burger shop. He wore a blank expression and had a major amount of confusion placed before him. What had he just walked into? He opened the door to the shop and walked inside, holding the door for Nevier. He was going to order immediately, but this lady was an amazing kind of intriguing. "Who are you? I mean, I've heard of Team Death using specialized technology to make holograms solid, but duel spirits? You need to elaborate, I think I'm about to go insane if I don't get an explanation," he said, chuckling a little at the end. No one working there noticed who he was, well, not yet.

Nevier looked at Lance and said [color=#8b4513]"I'll Elaborate..." [/color]as she deactivated the RMF on her sword, causing Yata-Aluria to fade and become Transparent, before continuing [color=#8b4513]"A Duel Spirit is not made with Technology, There is only Technology to bring their powers here, but a Duel Spirit is often made by a bond between the cards and their owner, creating a replica of the monster the Duel Spirit Represents, Normally only seen by the owner and certain people, Nowadays, a lot of people can see Duel Spirits..." [/color]She then giggled as she got to the other question speaking lowly as she did as to not allow the other people to hear her [color=#8b4513]"As to who I am? To be quite honest, I used to be with Team Death... but I learned the hard way that They're all just a bunch of wussies who rely on their 'Death Cards' as crutches for their terrible Dueling abilities, so with that, I left, with their Technology, which I was able to copy as well as Reverse it, Giving birth to what I call the 'D-Sword'..."[/color] As Nevier went in with Lance Following, The Chef looked up and immediately recognized Nevier, they both Smiled as Nevier ordered her burger after giving Nevier and Lance both a Discounted Price for their meals, Suggesting that Nevier was actually either Famous like him or just really good friends with the Chef. Nevier ordered a plain Hamburger with Ketchup, After Lance Ordered what he wanted, Nevier took Lance to a table for 2...

Lance pondered, staring at the holy relic placed above him. The menu. He could've gotten many different combos, but it was then he realized that it all went back to a burger. He began to place his order, "okay, I'll take a cheeseburger with bacon, mushrooms, and some lettuce for good measure." The chef, while beginning the transaction for his order had left off quite a bit of cash. Lance, knowing how it was to be a burger chef, pointed out the mistake to the man behind the cash register. The man simply informed Lance that Nevier and company got a discount, but Lance didn't budge and instead placed the remaining parts of the amount he should've paid in the tip jar.

After sitting down at the table his new companion had picked out, he tried to process what had just been told to him. It all just felt so confusing, almost fake,but he didn't understand why the chick with the chip that allowed her to make monsters real lie. However, one question did come to mind. "Okay," Lance began, "why did you go and pick me to talk to today and not the current champ, Ace?"

Nevier then looked at Lance and grinned slightly, before replying [color=#8b4513]"Lets say that you're more interesting than that guy... I've dueled him once, and I could tell that he merely got lucky, Heck I could've defeated him very easily if it wasn't for him calling me out on my past" [/color]Nevier then Giggled as she looked at him with a serious air around her and said [color=#8b4513]"Watching you duel piqued my interest, because you're more of a Skillful player than that Ace Guy..." [/color]She smiled again, but although this Smile was brief, it was likely to give a feeling of Discomfort to Lance, She started to eat her Hamburger happily, but after finishing a bite, She asked Lance before continuing to eat her Hamburger [color=#8b4513]"Shall we Duel after we eat?"[/color]

The question Nevier ended with kind of caught Lance off guard. He didn't really expect to get in another duel so fast, especially since he wasn't completely in the mood to duel due to the day's earlier duel. However, he couldn't turn down a challenge, being a champion and all. "I would, but I don't have my duel disk, but I suppose your duel spirit will fix that, unless we're gonna do a good old duel with only cards. Also, could we go somewhere else," he said before taking a bite out of his burger, and continued with a slightly filled mouth, "and would we duel out here? I'd think my presence would attract a bit more than just a few people." He then went on to eat more of the juicy burger laid before him.

Nevier giggled as she said [color=#8b4513]"My Duel Spirit will Fix both the location problem and he'll find your Duel Disk while we eat..." [/color]Nevier turned on the RMF on her D-Sword, allowing Yata to re-materialize, which afterward, She asked Yata [color=#8b4513]"Can you find our friend a Duel Disk? preferably his Duel Disk?" [/color]Yata Nodded and disappeared in a ball of Darkness as Nevier continued eating her burger, which after a few minutes, Nevier Finished her burger as Yata had returned with what looked like a Sword that Ironically looked like the Sword off of a [url="http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8936/193063t.jpg"]certain 'Justice Soldier'[/url] monster Lance had, Nevier giggled and said [color=#8b4513]"looks like Yata could not find your Duel Disk, So you'd have to make do with a D-Sword for now" [/color]If Lance grabbed the D-Sword, [acronym='You can hold it in such a way, you can hold all the cards in your hand AND the D-Sword in 1 hand']He could feel it was as lighter than a duel disk[/acronym], despite how long the blade was, however, the Blade itself had no cutting edge, despite it's sword-like shape, so it was even safe to grab the blade...

Lance observed the D-Sword. It was a truly intriguing specimen. It's lightweight form, it's crisp look, everything about it was fascinating, but it just wasn't his Duel Disk. Sadly, he was gonna have to use it anyway. "So Nev," Lance began to question, "where will Yata be bringing us to duel. I thought it was agreed that dueling here wasn't the greatest idea." He scanned his mind for any remaining questions before deciding he was fine. He then put his deck onto the D-Sword and began to look at it. "Sorry, to sound stupid here, but how exactly do you use this thing?"

Archived