YuGiOh- The Death Cards [IC, PG-13, Started, Always Accepting]

EpicBoss99

Ace, after a couple of days just relaxing, went for a walk in a nearby park. Ace watched as the rather young duelists dueled with each other. One thing a kid said in particular, made him stop. A kid, while summoning a monster said,

"Im gonna be as good as Lance someday, or maybe as good as Ace!"

Ace laughed at this statement. He never really realized how good he was for a long time, especially after all of the defeats he has taken from Team Death. He walked over to the duel, and watched. The two duelists stood in shock when Ace sat down right next to their duel.

"Don't mind me," Ace said, "I'm only here to watch." The two boys continued, at a faster and more intense pace.

"Did you really think those lame excuses of duelists could hack the company that invented the Duel Disk? The only reason why they're still out there is because they actually use weapons! Anyway, most of Reaper's henchmen have Death Cards, and if they use this," Seto Kaiba pulled out the microchip that made the duelist's monsters come in real life. "It's not really a good combination. So, here's the deal, i'm going to make one of these microchips for each and every one of you, and then Me, Ace, and all of us will charge the building and end them!"

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Kaiba" Andre said. "Calm down a little. There are a few problems beofre we storm the base. One being is that we are severely outnumbered. No matter how skilled we are, even if Ace agrees to help to us, their sheer numbers thrumph us. I suggest something else." Andre rises up from his chair and opens the blinds of the room. "We need to cause the very foundation of their group to colaspe. And how do you that?" Andre asks. "The leader." Kaiba said mildy annoyed. "Correct, the leader. We just need to lure him out. And what more would lure him out than the two people who have betrayed him."
Andre stares at Nevier and Ruga. "This is where you two come in." he says. "The leader will have to take you out on his own and Ruga, I assume you know the location of their new base being a higher ranked officer, you will lead Nevier there. The two of you breach taking out a few grunts, I will then follow in cleaning up what you leave behind. Then Ace, if he helps, will go in from the back undetected and get the jump. The leader should appear after he realizes his grunts can't win. That is when, we kill his Death Card's spirit. Does this appeal to all of you?"

OOC: Last post tonight

Nevier glared at Kaiba after pulling out that Microchip, She immediately recognized the chip and after Kaiba said his stuff, She said [color=#8b4513]"Actually Mister, I was about to say something similar to that... but much better... besides..." [/color]Nevier toggled on the RMF of her sword (She had turned it off in the Elevator, seeing not much use of it at that moment) and placed a card on her Duel Disk, Bringing out what seemed to be a another woman, which Nevier nodded before the woman Summoned by Nevier jumped and turned into a Claymore before landing into Nevier's Hand, before holding it out for Kaiba to see [color=#8b4513]"I definitely don't need an RMF Chip... Especially since I copied the chip already"[/color]...

Then came Andre's remark about them being outnumbered, which she laughed about a bit, before remarking herself [color=#8b4513]"Please... Numbers don't matter to me, Even if they do use the RMF, I'll still slice their monsters to ribbons..." [/color]but then she heard the plan, saying [color=#8b4513]"I like this plan... I would do it myself, but I can't exactly go into their base from here... Man, I hate those Effect Negating Spirits!..."[/color]

Ruga sighs and looks over.[color=#800080] "I have no complaints... Though there is no need for a plan when I can just crumble the building with one precise blast."[/color] He chuckles a bit and clenches his head again. It was clear something was going on in his head, but without any voices echoing through it, or at least ones the others can hear, it is impossible to tell exactly what is happening.[color=#800080] "I won't argue though. I have no need for the chip though. Already got one... In all honesty, that little destroyed area nearby...? That was my fault...was trying to attract you guys to me, and my instructions to Matador were a bit too vague..." [/color]He chuckles nervously as Paradox shakes his head slowly.[color=#daa520] "I told you to not use one of them. Even if you could control them. At least there weren't any casualties." [/color]Ruga shrugs and stands up. [color=#800080]"I want you guys to keep a close eye on me... 'He' is trying to get to me." [/color]Matador's voice then escapes his unmoving gaping maw. [color=#008080]"Me and Paradox will try to keep Death at bay, but we won't be able to do so forever. Once we let out guard down or get too exhausted to keep it up, he might get control of Ruga. If that happens, don't hold back." [/color]Ruga nods slowly as both Paradox and Matador disappear.[color=#800080] "So, when are we heading out?"[/color]

When Ruga apologized about the Destroyed area, Nevier Retorted to Ruga [color=#8b4513]"You're lucky my Hideout wasn't near that little group of buildings you smashed, Matador would have a big Gash on it's face if it was... My Duel Disk has One extra Feature appended to it in addition to the RMF... and That would be the fact that it can kill other monsters that I strike with it that have been summoned using an RMF Chip, Like the one that he's holding" [/color]Nevier pointed back at Kaiba, but then she said after turning to Kaiba [color=#8b4513]"Wait... Kaiba isn't it? I almost forgot, There is a certain piece of Technology I would like to share with you... but if only I had a Spare with me..."[/color]

"We are already well equipped enough Nevier. If you all insist on going now, then I guess we should." Andre says with a mild sigh. "Nevier, find Ace and inform him of the situation. Then meet up with Ruga at Spirit Street. Kaiba you should stay here. We don't want anything to happen to you otherwise Kaiba Corp is ruined okay?" Kaiba glares at Andre then sighs. "Fine, I'll stay behind and keep an on things here. We still need to find the mole anyway." Andre nods as Kabia leaves. "It's up to you for now" Kaiba says as he leaves. "Now that he has left is it time for you guys to do the same." Andre shoos them out of his office. "I still have a few things to confirm. I'll catch up with you later Ruga." Andre closes the door to his office with Nevier and Ruga outside of it. Andre sits down and looks over some last minute paperwork.

Rael sighed, this was rather infuriating, and his opponent was probably enjoying watching him squirm.
[b]"Well, it looks like you're out of face-down cards. I attack Prumzir with Noble of the Exiled." [/b]The Noble gathered a ball of light in his hands and fired it. [b]"Then, I set 1 card and end my turn."[/b]
"Don't let it get to you," said the Prince. "Just proceed as usual, there's nothing you can do about it. Carry on."
"I know," said Rael wearily. "But, now, I am very determined to utterly crush him."
The Prince smiled. "Good. See that you do."
Rael nodded and proceeded to watch his opponent with a fiery look in his eyes.

Nevier then grumbled and said to herself as she proceeded to the elevator [color=#8b4513]"Well... This Ace is likely gonna be in for a shock... but as to where to find him.... I should try the park first..." [/color]to which she placed Yata-Aluria's card on her sword as she arrived on the roof, then went into his cape as he disappeared into a ball of Darkness...

Seconds later, Yata appeared in an alley near the park and allowed Nevier to walk out of his cape, hidden from any sort of view unless someone was in the alley at the time. Nevier walked out of the Alley and into the park, Looking for the aforementioned "Ace", however, She could not bear to not watch a couple kids dueling, as it brought her back to when she was a child...

Ruga sighs and shakes his head as he leaves the Kaibacorp building. [color=#800080]"I doubt they really know what they are about... Otherwise, they would know that heading to Spirit Caller street is suicidal, especially going alone..."[/color] He sighs and shakes his head more.[color=#800080] "But I can't argue... I will just head that way slowly, and try to not accidentally set foot on the street...otherwise, I am a dead man..."[/color] He shrugs and starts walking.

Andre stops working on the papers and stuffs in a folder. He opens a drawer and puts the folder under a file marked 'Ruga'. He did so with another called 'Nevier' and one last one called 'Sakura'. 'All of these people are in some way related to team death. Former member or current member.' Andre closes the drawer and locks it. He begins to stare out the window. "Sarah..." Andre utters the name of sister to himself. 'Wonder what she would think of me if she saw me now.' Andre begins to recall his time with her. He opens a file that is locked in a hidden his desk. 'Sarah's case file. I still can't solve it.' he recalls the two of them playing near the ocean on nearby cliff. 'The sun went down early that day. Then when we started to leave...' He tries to recall what he can. 'She was hit. She lied there dazed, didn't even recogize me. The driver took off. When I came back with help, her body was gone. Docs think she started to move a little and stumbled off the cliff.' Andre sat in his chair. 'Heh, still seems weird to me though.' Andre closes the file and locks it away and again. He departs from his office.

(OoC: @Aix: You have no cards in your hand now right? I am checking because the replays might have thrown me off somewhat.)

Merc frowned at the destruction of his Warlock but received encouragement from his duel spirit, "[color=#ffa500]Don't mope around about it feeling so much self-pity. Do something to avenge friend Prumzir. You have a plan already. I can sense it inside of you. It's actually rather dastardly... Hoorah.[/color]" That sly manner and wicked, conniving manner of speaking used to frighten Julius. However, he had come to enjoy the asset of a companion always attempting to gain a foothold of advantage. It let him relax when he really needed it. He smiled and drew his card.

"I set one facedown in my back row. Then, I Tribute my Angel Barakh of The Fallen to Tribute Summon Grey Hunter of The Fallen! Activate Barakh's effect to roll a die. Roll. 4. Due to his effect I can now banish him from my Graveyard to destroy 1 card you control. Guess who I choose? It's your Noble of the Exiled. Then, my Fallen Fortune Judgment's effect activates, earning another Fallen Counter. Additionally, after that, the effect of my Agent of The Fallen-Aura Spectre activates, dealing you 400 points of damage."

[insert pause for any activation of face-downs] The opponent's Monster withered away after being attacked by small, ethereal bat-like spirits. Julius continued, "Then, I will attack directly with my Grey Hunter of The Fallen, inflicting 1900 points of Direct Damage."
-------------------------------
Julius: 8000
Rael:7400-->7000-->5100
0 hand
2 Monsters; 1 Attack Position-Grey Hunter (1900); 1 Defense Position-Aura Spectre (0)
1 facedown S/T; 1 S-Fallen Fortune Judgment (2 Fallen Counters)

[spoiler='Cards Used']
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115770-Grey_Hunter_of_The_Fallen"]Grey_Hunter_of_The_Fallen[/url][/spoiler]

I heard my name, and turned around. "Oh, hey." I said, standing up.

*Haven't Seen her in a while. I wonder what she wants?* I thought. The two kids ignored the commotion and continued dueling. "You guys keep dueling. See you later!" I said as I walked away.

"So, What's up?" I asked Nevier.

(OoC: i have 2 monsters so you can't attack directly but w/, however, can I look at your angel's effect and stats?)
(OoC: is it my turn?)

Rael smiled.[b] "I activate Dimensional Prison and banish your angel!"[/b] He smirked at his opponent. [b]"Anything else? How's it feel to have your acts foiled?"[/b]
The Prince raised his eyebrow, Rael wasn't generally like this, he must have really been annoyed.
[b]"Alright, then, my turn,"[/b] said Rael.[b] "Draw."[/b] He pulled a card out of the guard of his sword and eyed it. A smile lit up his face, there was no point in concealing his emotions if what his emotions were depicting was about to be revealed anyway. [b]"I summon Priest of the Exiled. I activate his second effect to banish 1 card from my Deck in order to draw a card, I banish 'Knight of the Exiled' from my Deck and then draw a card. Then I activate 'Return from the Dark Dimension' which allows me to Special Summon one of my banished DARK monsters, so I Summon the Knight I just banished, not the Knight used for Mirage's effect. With Knight's effect, I banish 1 card on the field, which I banish your face-down Spell/Trap."[/b] Rael smiled.[b] "I now Overlay 'Priest of the Exiled' and 'Rogue of the Exiled' to Xyz Summon 'Spellsword of the Exiled'."[/b] A powerful looking warrior with a spellbook appeared. [b]"I activate 'Spellsword of the Exiled's effect and banish Aura Spectre by detaching 1 Xyz Material."[/b] Lightning sparkled in the Spellsword's hands and he blasted the spectre out of existence. [b]"Since Aura Spectre is a DARK monster, I also deal 1000 points of Direct Damage to your Life Points."[/b] Rael looked at his cards. [b]"Spellsword cannot attack this turn, but that is no problem, I Chaos Xyz Summon 'Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger' with Spellsword as the Material."[/b] Rael looked at his opponent with a deadly glare.[b] "Now Battle Phase! I attack directly with Gaia Dragon and Knight dealing a total of 4900 damage!"[/b] Rael smiled. [b]"I Set a Spell/Trap card and with this, I end my turn."[/b]

Cards Used:
You can find them in the link I gave you
Return from the Dark Dimension & Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger are real cards

Cards on field:
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger and Knight of the Exiled in Attack Position. Mirage of the Exiled in Defense Position. Return from the Dark Dimension is uselessly on the field. 1 facedown Spell/Trap card on the field.

Damage dealt:
5900, 4900 from attack and 1000 from Spellsword of the Exiled's effect

(OoC: Don't hate me for intiating another replay..... I'm sorry. I put Grey Hunter's link in an edit in my last post. How about this if I couldn't attack directly, the same amount of damage would have been done by attacking Mirage. Let's just say you have another Knight on the field, eh?)

"For what seems like the infinitesimal time, don't advance so quickly. My Grey Hunter has something to say about the activation of Dimensional Prison. Roll! 3.. Damn. Actually, the effect of my Fallen Fortune Judgment activates. I place 1 Fallen Counter on it and then negate the prior resultant number to roll again. This time we have a...4! Yes! The effect is negated and your card is destroyed, leaving my Hunter unharmed. Then, Aura Spectre's effect activates, inflicting 400 points of damage to you for the roll. Then, I activate my facedown 'Haunting of the Shade'! Still your move, buddy, and I believe your field is reset to just your Knight of the Exiled and Rogue of the Exiled. Feel free to continue on from there."

Julius: 8000
Rael: 5100-->4700
0 hand
2 Monsters: 1 Attack (Grey Hunter-1900), 1 Defense (Aura Spectre-->0)
2 S/T: 1 Continuous S (F.F.J.-3 Fallen Ctrs.), 1 Continuous T (Haunting of the Shade)

[spoiler='Cards Used']
(again for good measure) [url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115770-Grey_Hunter_of_The_Fallen"]Grey_Hunter_of_The_Fallen[/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115880-Haunting_of_the_Shade"]Haunting_of_the_Shade[/url][/spoiler]

(OoC: now that I look at it, using Gaia Dragon is sorta unfair as it has no real relevance to my Deck)

Rael grimaced as he took 1900 damage, he should have turned him to Defense Position earlier. [b]"Knight of the Exiled is Special Summoned to the field and he banishes the Grey Hunter in retribution."[/b]
[b]"Alright, then, my turn,"[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] said Rael.[/background][/size][/font][/color][b] "Draw."[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] He pulled a card out of the guard of his sword and eyed it. A smile lit up his face, there was no point in concealing his emotions if what his emotions were depicting was about to be revealed anyway. [/background][/size][/font][/color][b]"I summon Priest of the Exiled. I activate his second effect to banish 1 card from my Deck in order to draw a card, I banish 'Knight of the Exiled' from my Deck and then draw a card. Then I activate 'Return from the Dark Dimension' which allows me to Special Summon one of my banished DARK monsters, so I Summon the Knight I just banished. With Knight's effect, I banish 1 card on the field, which I banish your face-down Spell/Trap."[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] Rael smiled.[/background][/size][/font][/color][b] "I now Overlay 'Priest of the Exiled' and 'Rogue of the Exiled' to Xyz Summon 'Spellsword of the Exiled'."[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] A powerful looking warrior with a spellbook appeared. [/background][/size][/font][/color][b]"I activate 'Spellsword of the Exiled's effect and banish Aura Spectre by detaching 1 Xyz Material."[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Lightning sparkled in the Spellsword's hands and he blasted the spectre out of existence. [/background][/size][/font][/color][b]"Since Aura Spectre is a DARK monster, I also deal 1000 points of Direct Damage to your Life Points."[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] Rael looked at his cards. [b]"I activate the effect of 'Knight of the Exiled' and banish my last 'Herald of the Exiled' to have the Knight gain 300 ATK. Herald's effect activates and I add 'Prince of the Exiled' to my hand." [/b]Rael looked at his opponent and grinned wickedly. [b]"I attack with both of my Knights and deal 4900 damage in total!" [/b]Rael grinned. [b]"Next, I set 1 Spell/Trap card and end my turn."[/b][/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Cards on field:[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]'Spellsword of the Exiled' and 2 'Knight of the Exiled's in Attack Position. Return from the Dark Dimension is uselessly on the field. 1 facedown Spell/Trap card on the field. 1 card in hand.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Damage dealt:[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]5900, 4900 from attack and 1000 from Spellsword of the Exiled's effect[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Truth aka Dr. Linton was occupied in his laboratory underneath the Team Death Base, at 719 Spiritcaller Street. He was surprised that things were quiet at base, but he didn’t care. [color=#696969][b]“I think I will be going, we have enough knowledge for the day,”[/b][/color] Linton muttered satisfied, placing the copy mask on his desk at the corner of his lab and walked away.

As his antisocial and unknown alter ego, Skyler, he has different attire to be recognised as. He wore a grey jacket with a white shirt underneath and blue jeans. Stroking his combed hair and black moustache, Linton was satisfied with appearing daily in the public.

As Linton was heading out, a black floating humanoid tar figure emerged. [i][b]“So master, is there anything you want me to do?”[/b][/i] his very own Death Card asked Linton as its red eyes glared at Linton’s desk that he on purposely left the Death Card there along with several of Epignotiam cards.

Linton gave a cold and stoic grin. [color=#696969][b]“Prepare the decoy, I am pretty sure you can handle the rest while I am away from the base for tomorrow,” [/b][/color]he responded in a sly manner as from his pockets he grabbed a small book that he threw carefully onto his desk. [color=#696969][b]“I am also certain that you can handle the rest, Epignotiam Bane…Don’t fail me, as long as you don’t Summon yourself, the ignorance cannot harm you,”[/b][/color]

The spirit teleported and within a few milliseconds appeared at Linton’s desk and stared at it as it levitated a copy of Truth’s uniform to prepare for one of the brainwashed experiments to wear as a fake Truth. Linton walked away into the outside of Elementa Town to reach his house.

After an hour of walking and making sure nobody detected him, Skyler reached his house; a fairly large suburban house, out of the reach from Spiritcaller Street and any suspicion of the truth. As Skyler reached his house, he lied on his chair by the computer to rest himself from his nearly recovering wounds.

Tomorrow is going to be a big day.

Julius surveyed the field and consulted Boog on his chances here. "[color=#ffa500]Not good, bu I don't think trying to get me out is the right answer in this duel. My opinion and preference is something more subversive in naturethe [/color]" It never failed that his duel spirit's advice had a ring of analytical truth to it. Taking a deep breath to mentally calm himself and gather his composure, he drew. [i]Now this could be helpful,[/i]he pondered the thought inwardly. Then, Merc tiij action.

"I Tribute my Continuous Spell Card Fallen Fortune Judgment to Special Summon 1 Angel Barakh of The Fallen from my Deck!" He smirked, remembering the reaction of slight panic and worry the last copy of that card had elicited from his opponent.

"Next, I Normal Summon my Violet Asura of The Fallen, which allows me to roll a die. Roll! Only 3? Oh well, that'll have to do for now." Julius picked up the top three cards from his Deck and added the second to his hand, placing the others back where they were.

"Then, I will play a facedown. Now, Barakh, attack his Knight of the Exiled!" This move seemed to flabbergast his opponent somewhat, which is normally what such a move might do, since it guaranteed the destruction of Julius' card, which is precisely what he wanted.

"Now you already know what Barakh does in the Graveyard... Roll! Come on.. Yes, 5! I will destroy your facedown.."

(OoC: Here is a pause in action in case your facedown had some opportunity to come into play. My turn is NOT over; it is still the Battle Phase.)

[spoiler='Cards Used']
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115761-Violet_Asura_of_The_Fallen"]Violet_Asura_of_The_Fallen[/url][/spoiler]

Rael smiled humorously. The point of the face-down was to prevent these situations. It was Macro Cosmos. [i]"Oh well. It doesn't alter the situation in any way," [/i]Rael thought. He let the trap get sent to the graveyard without activating it. [b]"Ah, whatever, the Macro Cosmos was there to prevent you from destroying stuff with Barakh and etc. anyway. I'll forego the replay. Feel free to attack and hurt yourself some more. I don't mind."[/b] He mockingly salaamed to his opponent as if inviting him forth to attack.

Cards Mentioned:
Macro Cosmos is a real trap card that just banishes whatever would go to the graveyard.

"Actually, I don't feel like there is a need for me to attack any more this turn. I'll pay 1500 Life Points to instead activate my facedown Trap, Twisted Hand of Fate, in response to Barakh's destruction/banishment! With its effect I destroy all cards on the field except for DARK 'The Fallen' Monsters. Thus, all of your Monsters and your useless Return of the Dark Dimension are destroyed and sent to the Graveyard rather than being banished--thank heavens." As the effect resolved, large, white hands erupted from the ground and took the Monsters, struggling, down into the ground. This left just Julius' Violet Asura on the field, alone.

"Then, I am forced by the card to send the top card of my deck to the Graveyard as an additional cost. So there goes my Agent of The Fallen-Demonic Kimera. As the final tick of my Battle Phase, Violet Asura will attack you directly, dealing 1500 points of Direct Damage. Now let's see you come back from that move. End turn." Merc said this last bit while panting heavily, due to the intensity of the duel and the corner into which he had been backed. There was also a layer of sweat gleaming on his forehead, which he attempted to wipe off. This opponent had pushed him to use one of his most lethal moves, and one that runs a lot of risk..
-------------------------------
Julius: 4900-->3400
Rael: 5100-->3600
0 hand
1 Monster: Attack-Violet Asura (1500)
0 S/T
[spoiler='Cards Used']
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/117633-Twisted_Hand_of_Fate"]Twisted_Hand_of_Fate[/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/117632-Agent_of_The_Fallen-Demonic_Kimera"]Agent_of_The_Fallen-Demonic_Kimera[/url](Graveyard)[/spoiler]

Although when he was awake, he could've sworn that the buzzing of the media was louder, it was Lance's trusty clock that actually woke him up. It was about 10:00. If he got into his car now, he could make it to the duel dome in about thirty minutes.(Counting those leaches who were of public news corporations.) At his time peeping through his front door's peephole, he noticed something that had been slipped in. A business card belonging to someone named Taliesin. While it wasn't something he particularly cared about, he did make a note to take the offer on the chat mentioned on the card later. On the drive to the massive arena, one thing went through his head. A solitary thought, created by a need of more than just support. "Was this a good idea?" It was obvious the place had been swarmed with duelists from everywhere wanting to just watch the duel, knowing their slim chances of actually being chosen to duel.

When Lance finally arrived to the large duel dome, he could see the people stretch out for what seemed like miles. People looking at him from down below as he stood above them upon the large balcony. It wasn't too high up, so he was able to still see some faces. The only thing that bothered him was what exactly caused him to escape his old life. The praise. That godawful praise for doing next to nothing at all. There were people who saved lives and he was getting more publicity than every single one of them combined. However, he couldn't help but be flattered. Everyone there was there for him. It was an odd feeling. One he hadn't felt in forever.

The Twisted Hand of Fate rolled a '3'. Rael sighed. He didn't have any Level 3's in his Graveyard to Summon. Rael drew a card for his turn and smiled. [b]"I Normal Summon 'Recruit of the Exiled'!"[/b] declared Rael. A chubby soldier appeared. [b]"Battle Phase! Recruit attack Violet Asura! Their attacks are equal, so they are both destroyed, but when 'Recruit of the Exiled' is destroyed by battle, his effect activates and I get to Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type 'the Exiled' monster from my Deck! I Special Summon 'Infantry of the Exiled' and attack directly."[/b] Another wild looking soldier appeared to take place the recruit and charged forth swinging his sword and dealing 1700 damage directly to his opponent's Life Points. [b]"With this, I end my turn."[/b]

Cards on field:
Infantry of the Exiled, no S/T.

[spoiler='Cards Used']
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/115135.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/115139.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

"We're here at Kiabacorp Headquarters where former champion Lance Riley has just arrived for his match with one lucky member of the public. The crowd of expectant duelists here are eager..."

Taliesin tuned out the words of the young woman hoping to get some exposure from the report, and wondered how he'd gotten roped into being her cameraman. Whilst he would enjoy seeing the duel, he'd wanted to avoid it precicely because of the crowds of hopefuls. There were already a few trying to push past him, but he had the sort of body that could shrug them off, but not if the crowd turned into a crush. Worse, he might have been mistaken for an aspiring challenger, which wasn't a bad thing but there were others who wanted this chance more than he did. Looking like a cameraman, however, meant that not only was he certain not to be picked, but that he wasn't going to be seen as a rival by the duelists.

He adjusted the camera so that the girl could get an interview with a hopeful, and swatted away a chancer trying to get caught on camera.

Julius grunted through the both physical and mental pain of his opponent's direct attack, which reduced his Life Points to 1700. Luckily, he already knew what card he would draw thanks to his Violet Asura. He drew and without even looking at the card announced, "I Normal Summon my Agent of The Fallen-Decaying Beauty in face-up Defense Position. Now I will activate her effect and roll a die, as you probably guessed....4; I can work with that. So I add 1 DARK Monster from my Deck to my hand. Then, I activate the effect of the Monster in my hand and pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon my Azurite Marauder of The Fallen."

After a short pause of realization, Merc continued, "Then, I overlay the two 'The Fallen' Monsters on my side of the field to XYZ Summon The Fallen Herald-Oiraan using his effect! Now, I activate his effect by detaching my Decaying Beauty as an XYZ Material I get to roll a die. Roll!... Yes! 6! When a 6 is the resultant number of this effect, I get to XYZ Summon any of my 'The Fallen Archangel' Monsters using Oirann as the materials. So, cast out from the heavens and resurgent with vengeful purpose arises The Fallen Archangel Apious!" This final incarnation arose as a dark, angelic figure with a vengeful scowl and a tangible black aura surrounding it and radiating in blade-like waves.

"I detach Oiraan as an XYZ Material to roll a die. That roll is...1, which means you lose 500 Life Points. Then Apious will attack and destroy your Infantry of the Exiled, inflicting 1900 points of damage." The black aura solidified before becoming one giant black cross and firing toward Infantry. After which, Infantry dissipated into small particles and the cross continued on to hit Rael. "Your turn, hotshot."
----------------------------------------
Julius:1700-->700
Rael: 3600-->3100-->1200
0 hand
1 Monster: Attack-Apious (3600)(XYZ-1 Material)
0 S/T
[spoiler='Cards Used']
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/117628-Agent_of_The_Fallen-Decaying_Beauty"]Agent_of_The_Fallen-Decaying_Beauty[/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115763-Azurite_Marauder_of_The_Fallen"]Azurite_Marauder_of_The_Fallen[/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115791-The_Fallen_Herald-Oiraan"]The_Fallen_Herald-Oiraan[/url]
[url="http://yugico.com/user/26887-boogyman094/card/29739-Death_Cards_RP_Set/115797-The_Fallen_Archangel-Apious"]The_Fallen_Archangel-Apious[/url][/spoiler]

Rael was, no matter how you looked at it, in a sticky situation. With the destruction of 'Infantry of the Exiled', he added 'Herald of the Exiled' to his hand. [i]"Heart of the Cards,"[/i] prayed Rael. This draw could determine whether he won or lost. He drew a card and narrowed his eyes. It wasn't quite what he was hoping for, but it would do. It was unreasonable to think that he would draw what he wanted, as he only had 1 left in his Deck. Temporary Exile could have allowed him remove the Fallen Angel while at the same time taking advantage of 'Herald of the Exiled's effect to add a card to his hand. He would have added 'Sorcerer of the Exiled' and attacked for a win. This had a small chance to work if he survived the turn. He set one monster and one card in his Spell/Trap Zone. Then, he positioned his hand over his Graveyard, as if ready to discard his last card. Rael smiled at his opponent. [b]"I end my turn," [/b]said Rael. [b]"Chaining to your draw, I activate Return from the Dark Dimension and Special Summon 'Knight of the Exiled'! With his effect, I banish my Herald and add 'Sorcerer of the Exiled to my hand'."[/b]

[b]Cards on field:[/b]
Knight of the Exiled, Escape from the Dark Dimension
cards in hand: 2

"Unless you have some sort of miraculous salvation planned, prepare yourself. I activate another Fallen Fortune Judgment. Then I detach 1 XYZ Material from Apious to roll a die. Roll! 1; which doesn't matter because my Spell Card's effect activates and I place 1 Fallen Counter on it. Then, reroll... 6! Inflict 3000 points of damage to your Life Points, bringing this duel to an end. Good match." This time the black aura around Apious shot into the sky and came down upon Rael in bolts of black lightning, which Julius watched grinning as his duel spirit cackled madly.

"[color=#ffa500]See, I told you that bringing me out was not what you needed this time. Apious just so happened to be that nefarious boost you needed here. Now, go shake his hand. I would like to take on more death cards allied with this one. If he can nearly defeat you and that Prince of his is so strong, then what an asset he may be for us to utilize.[/color]" After more ominous laughter coming from the mouths on the tentacles of Boog, Genkin responded telepathically with, "What Prince? Wait, this kid has a duel spirit? And a strong one at that.. Why did you not tell me this very pertinent information?!?!? We probably could have saved ourselves the trouble of such a lengthy duel!" Boog's retort was simply, "[color=#ffa500]Why ruin all the fun?[/color]" This was subsequently followed by a smile that could only be described as execrable, if that is possible.

Archived