North Frost Private Academy (IC/Started/Accepting/PG-13)

DL 

Daisuke blinked. "I'm Daisuke. Daisuke Hirako. And you......Chris....you have a uh, chicken I see. How...nice. Right, so anyway.. you heard the announcement right? Who do you plan to team up with? I mean...there's lots of girls...so it's just a matter, of who to go after."

With that, he frowned a bit, as he saw Vanessa walking away from the auditorium. [i]I guess that's one option down...though that leaves Brenna, from the girls I've talked to here.[/i]

It was clear Daisuke hadn't even considered a male partner. However, it's not like getting a girl would be the easiest thing ever, even if it would be the most worthwhile.

"Say, do you have a partner in mind? I was thinkin Vanessa or Brianna, but...Vanessa kinda left just now. Might go talk to Brianna, to see if she's free. What about you?"

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I guess they were discussing the announcement"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Brenna groaned, turning over just before flinching at the sunlight that speared her in her waking eyes. A hand flung over her brow to shield it as she sat herself up from all the blankets that consumed her. She turned so that her feet dropped from the edge of the bed to the floor, rubbing her eyes as the blankets fell from her, revealing the purple sweatpants that she wears as pajamas and letting the extra-extra large white t-shirt she wore fall as low as her knees when she stretched to the ceiling and yawned. Her eyes still half-shut, her head turned to Vanessa, whom was just leaving.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"...mhh" Brenna scowled, "You need a partner to take part in this contest..." her voice turned into that of a snarly elementary student, "Well, there's nothing wrong with lesbian relationships, is there? Hrm?" The sarcasm that shot out of her couldn't fool even an old man. But her morning drear waned as she began to breathe deeply, reaching under her bed and pulling out a cooler filled to the brim with cans of soda, mainly Mountain Dew. She could taste the nectar of the Gods already, shuddering in delight imagining it enter her taste buds.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]A pop and hiss led to the consumption of the elixir and revived her from her deprived state. Her expression glowed as she shot back and forth from her clothing trunk to the mirror in the bathroom, making her "getting ready" phase seem like seconds. With that, her uniform was on and tidy as ever, and she made her way to class with Vanessa.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]The classroom was quiet. Not surprising, she thought, cause it was the first day and all. Desks were lined up traditionally in rows, and her eyes trailed them to wear Vanessa was sitting right by an open window. By the look of her peaceful benevolence, Vanessa was undoubtedly, in Brenna's opinion, a morning person unlike her. The look on Vanessa's face was soon blocked off by Joshua, whom took a seat next to her and, quite predictably, said hi in the blandest way possible. Brenna chuckled through her nose, skipping through the rows of desks to take a seat directly behind Vanessa, understanding the wondrous view of outside and taking in some of the breeze that seeped through. She could feel the blank space staying blank after Joshua's g'morning, and she could not help but fill it.[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]"So... what'd I miss? I've been asleep longer than I thought." [/size][/color][/font][/background]

"Oh, hey there," said Joshua, noticing Brenna's arrival. "Yea, you have. Though, I just got here myself. I had to run to my dorm to grab my stuff, then run straight here after I heard the announcement. And I just asked Vanessa how she was this morning. Speaking of which, how are ya?"

Joshua was not used to being around two girls by himself, but somehow he kept the stress inside and didn't show it. He thought he would focus on trying to get to know both Vanessa and Brenna more while avoiding as much talk about the announcement as possible, at least talk that he wasn't prepared for. Typical Joshua, always wanting to know what he was going to say before he says it. It's a trait his father had when he was going up, and it didn't lead to much confusion between them mostly since Joshua was used to it. He missed his father. It had been four months since he passed away, but Joshua was grateful he left enough money to attend North Frost for his entire high school career. Though, Joshua didn't think his father would let him go here had he known that a relationship was required to graduate. However, Joshua wasn't worrying much about it. He was grateful he was there at all.

[i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Speaking of which, how are ya?"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]"Oh, I'm as cheery as a sheep that's wearing its own sweater," Brenna yawned, still tired from the early morning. The sunlight only made it worse, and she shielded it from where it was shining through the window. As an act of impulse, she reached for the turny thingy and closed the blinds, revealing her of possible blindness, "Though I've been asleep for so long I don't even know what's not bright. But I overheard the announcement saying there's some kind of competition? Like hell if I know." She shrugged, yawning again, this time squinting her eyes, "holy hell, I dunno if I got too much sleep or not enough."[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Brenna took out a wooden ruler and a pencil, putting the middle hole of the ruler around the tip of the pencil and spinning it like a helicopter. She stared at it, practically entranced.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Vanessa turned her head towards Brenna, and smiled. "Hey silly did ya sleep well?" Vanessa asked. Vanessa took a deep breath, and told Brenna about the announcement. "Personally I don't feel like going, I'm gonna stay here shop my heart out, and I might meet some cute boys. ;)" She smiled. Vanessa turned and said, "so it's official I'm gonna ditch the lame challenge, and do whatever comes to mind, plus it would be a bit awkward to spend three nights alone with a guy." She awkwardly smiled. Just the thought of that made her red all over. She then pushed open the window a little more. It was getting way to hot in here, and she was feeling stuffy. "Oh, and Josh I'm feeling great. Thanks for asking."

[i]So, they aren't going to ask me how I'm doing? Really, I would have thought they would. Guess this gives me the chance to say something more,[/i] Joshua thought after Vanessa answered him. To be fair, Joshua is used to people returning the favor. If he did something nice for someone, that someone usually did something nice back. If he asked somebody how they were, that somebody usually asked him right back. He wasn't used to something not being returned back at him, which caught him off guard for a moment.

"I'm doing fine myself, though I'm a bit surprised you two didn't ask me how I was doing," he said. "Not that I mind much, just something that I'm used to. And I don't have anybody yet. I could use three days to sit back, unwind, and catch up on some stuff with the free wifi. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky." Joshua thought a bit about what Brenna said and spoke again.

"Brenna, they didn't say much during the announcement, just that we needed a partner in order to compete. And by partner, they basically left that to our own interpretation. Speaking of which, have you found a partner yet?"

Chris just stood there as he tried to think about the question that Daisuke asked him he did not know that Daisuke already had an interaction with Vanessa which made him a little bit jealous inside, but not visibly enough to show. "Oh uh I haven't given it much thought I just saw you staring at my general direction so that's why I've come over to say hi and meet someone new ha ha. I don't know who this Brenna girl is but I've had a few conversations with Vanessa already so if anyone I'd like to pair up with her because I'm already acquainted with her you know? But I'm down with anyone who's willing to win the competition it would be sweet if I paired up with a girl, but I'm okay if I'm with a guy too."

Chris looked down at Chuckles who somehow held a watch on his wing, signalling to Chris that it was nearly time for class which startled Chris as he didn't want to be late. "Ah sorry Daisuke but I better go and get my things for class, I wouldn't want to be late on the first day especially if I'm planning to be student council president! See you around though, it was nice meeting you!" Chris said with a smile and shook Daisuke's hand and quickly rushed off towards his dorm to pick up his books.

-------

Chris struggled frantically searching for his books. "Ugh why can't I find my books? Chuckles did you mess around with my books!?" Chris shouted at Chuckles who just nodded left to right signalling no. "yeah, what would you do with books anyway... Ugh what lessons do I have first period?" Chris pulled out his phone and opened up his notepad app which had his lessons conveniently on it. "Let's see here, Oh come on why did I have to pick maths as a subject!? Oh right, that was dads decision. Ugh but thankfully I have Drama afterwards I wonder who else will be in that class?" Chris asked himself and then quickly shrugged off the thought due to time constraints. "Ugh where are my books!? Oh there they are, on my bed..." Chris picked them all up in his right hand as Chuckles face-palmed due to Chris' stupidity. "Well I'm off catch you later Chuckles, seriously don't do anything stupid while I'm gone I can't have you messing up my room or anyone else's after that Hawaii incident!" Chris waved as he walked out the door. [i]'Great, now what am I supposed to do?'[/i] Chuckles thought to himself as he held his head down sadly.

-----------

Chris made it to class surprisingly on time with 5 minutes to spare. He gazed the class room and he couldn't recognize anyone until he spotted Vanessa sitting by a window sitting next to another guy who seemed awfully familiar to him. Behind Vanessa was another girl who he hadn't interacted with yet so he decided to sit there next to her. "Hello, my name is Christopher Chance, it's a pleasure to meet you." Chris said with a smile to the girl he was sitting next to. Quickly he realized that he was butting into a conversation that she was having with the guy in front of him. "Ah sorry was I interrupting you two? I didn't mean to, I just saw Vanessa over here and thought that I could sit over here with you guys since I've been acquainted with her already. What are both of your names if you don't mind me asking?" Christopher asked.

[i][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Hello, my name is Christopher Chance, it's a pleasure to meet you."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/i]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]Brenna's eyes were still entranced by the ruler spinning on the tip of her pencil when she heard someone introducing himself next to her. In attempts to have both arms free, she placed the pencil on the desk, trying to balance it to have it spin without her holding it. For a few milliseconds it did, but it wavered and soon fell onto the floor.[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]"Eh," she moaned, turning to Christopher, "Well, Christopher, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance... and no, you're not really interrupting anything, in fact we were just saying our g'mornings. So... g'morning!" She waved in a circular motion around her head as if she was saying 'Wingapo' like the Native Americans, "or should I say 'Wingapo', like Pocahontas did. I love that movie so much!"[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]She looked at Joshua, whom asked if she was looking for a partner. She instantly knew he was coming onto her, but only as a partner, albeit onto her nonetheless. After all, you didn't graduate until you were in a relationship. How stupid, yet a good opportunity to have some fun with people.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Oh, and Joshua, about the partnership thing... I'm not sure if I'm going either. Although, it kinda depends: what the contest is, what the purpose is of pairing up, and what the prize is. I need to know these things before I do them, otherwise I might get kinda disappointed." She rested her elbows on her desk, propping her palms up for her chin to lounge on.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Joshua was about to answer Brenna's series of questions when one of his apparent roommates walked up to him, Brenna, and Vanessa. "I'm doing alright, though that chicken caused a lot of problems last night. Thankfully, I could sleep through the end of it," he said to his roommate. "And I don't think we have met. Name's Joshua."

He turned to Brenna and said, "They didn't tell us much about the competition itself. The only things they said is for us to find a partner- leaving that to our own interpretation- and that the prize is 3 days with our partner with a spa and a room with free wifi. And I was wondering if you had a partner yet since I don't have one at the moment. In a sense, I was wondering if you want to team up with me? It'll get us out of school with no repercussions."

Joshua went with his gut. He wanted the prize, but he wouldn't ditch the opportunity to be with someone. It wasn't like he was trying to rush into a relationship so soon, since he did need one to last until graduation so he could graduate: something he thought was a bit stupid, but had no problems with other than that.

[i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I'm doing alright, though that chicken caused a lot of problems last night. Thankfully, I could sleep through the end of it.[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i][i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]"Ah ha yeah I'm sorry about that, Chuckles seems to have a mind of his own which gets the both of us into a lot of trouble at times. That's why I told him to stay in the dorm while I'm in class I wouldn't want him to be flying around and causing distractions to everyone in the classroom. So your name is Joshua huh? Cool, sorry I didn't introduce myself to you last night I was really tired and just went to sleep by the time you arrived. But anyways nice to meet you." Chris said with a smile and turned towards Vanessa and Brenna's direction. "You guys really should try the competition I've heard from some of the senior students that it was a lot of fun when they were new here and the prize was totally worth it. Vanessa, Brenna would either of you like to pair up with me? I'd like to get to know you both better and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so! Josh, I would ask you this for the same reason but we're both room-mates so we'll be able to get further acquainted simply because of how close we are dorm wise." [/size][/color][/font][/background]

Five minutes before the bell, Daniel Stelar a silver haired boy entered the class. "So, this is my class..." said Daniel. He then look around and notices there are some students inside the class. Rather than introducing himself to the other students Daniel walked to the desk near the window and sit on the desk, he noticed that there's a pretty girl sitting on the desk behind him talking with two boys and a girl. He wonders if he could find out the name of that pretty girl. Not long after that the bell rings. He then think about the announcement "Oh well, not that I will participate in tonight's event, I better think about the math lesson that'll come up after this..." He then look at the view outside the window.

Daisuke reached class on time, and stayed by the door for a few seconds noticing the group sitting in a corner, talking to each other. Brenna, Joshua, Chris,and Vanessa. He smirked, and decided to sit next to them. As he sat, he gave a brief wave.

"So, it seems the group's back together. And if I overheard correctly, you two want Brenna to be your partner. Well, I guess, Chris is whoring himself out to anyone available, but yeah, same thing," he said with a chuckle.

He then placed his hand gently on Brenna's shoulder, and smirked and Chris and Joshua. "Well, count me in for this little competition~"

He then looked at Brenna, his smirk fading, for a more honest look. "So, if you do decide to go, as you should, because I heard the spa here is amazing, and it's high-speed internet...who will you decide to go with?"

He leaned in,and whispered in her ear: "You know, Joshua's pobably only asking you because Vanessa's not going, ad Chris is fine with whoever...but I came here, with the sole intent of asking you~"

Yeah, it was a tad risky to do what he just did. But Daisuke was used to taking risks when it came to flirting. This wasn't exactly flirting, yeah, but it was similar enough. Besides, Brenna was really pretty, and he guessed everyone would be going after Vanessa...oh how wrong he was.

A young guy remained silent, fidgeting nervous as he looked around. He appeared to be nervous of his surroundings, and even more of the fact that he would [i]not[/i] graduate if he didn't have a partner at the end of the next three years, according to the words of the student council president. Although, contrary to her statement, everything he loved was always by his side. In fact, it was everywhere, all around. Whether he came here or not, it wouldn't have made a difference. He wasn't even a virgin. Girls were complicated, but that was exactly why he pursued them. Not for the looks, but for that precious...[i]complexity.[/i]

Vachel smiled silently to himself, nobody ever aware of what went on inside his mind.

Having been randomly in the classroom about half an hour before it started, he considered the partnership. It seemed promising, but the question was how he would participate in tonight's event. He'd have to find someone, a partner. Did it have to be a girl? If not, maybe he could team up with a guy and just take advantage of the fact so they can both get to relax - with no homo, of course.

In his left hand, he was still holding a notebook filled with random stories he wrote on the spot, though he had since forgotten he was holding it. Looking up for a moment, he observed the people around him. He had picked out Leighton from the rest of the girls and mentally noted in his head, as she was a definite 'subject' for him, but now wasn't the time.

"Umm," he began, looking around with an expression of hopelessness. Awkwardly, he looked here and there, though clueless as to who he should ask.

Upon noticing Vanessa, he noticed a slight bit of intense emotion, and was going to ask her until he overheard her disinterest in the challenge. He would approach her at some later time, it wasn't really important right now. That didn't leave many other options left. Guys were harder to speak with because they only reflected their emotions at him and not [i]to[/i] him.

He approached the group of people, Vanessa among them.

"...um. I know we've just met so I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm Vachel. Hi." He greeted, in a slightly awkward tone, before turning to Brenna. "I know this is a bit random, but do you wanna partner up with me or something? I mean, I don't know anyone here yet, but the event thing tonight [i]does[/i] sound pretty interesting."

(Sorry if I've completely ignored someone with this post but meh.)

He found an old ancient Egyptian God manuscript, he thought it would be a fun way to test his skills as well as find something to do over the course of the year. As he began to place the book in his bag he heard the bell ring for Lesson Time, he shrugged as he had no idea what room he was in. As he realized that all the rooms had been changed around for the Schools new students, he still found it ridiculous that they had to change around thus making it confusing for everyone, rather than just the new kids. He completely didn't agree with almost anything the school did, so he didn't really mind.

He walked out the library and saw everyone scatter off to their lessons. He took a small sharp breath before going outside to the Gardens the school had implemented. It was calm and only had the occasional science lesson come out side but he didn't care about that. As he walked he saw the plants, he noticed that they had grown quite well over the time of them being planted. He smiled at the sight. The birds overhead circled the school as if looking for prey, bug life most likely. But nonetheless he thought it would be a great opportunity to do something worth while and so he pulled out a sketchbook out of his bag and picked up a couple of pencils-before finding a seat.

He sketched the birds, although it was difficult as they were moving around constantly he made out their outlines and began working on the details from there. It began with the wings, then the head and he finished off with the birds claws.

Michael followed Vanessa gaze as she introduced herself, chuckling and turning quickly away as he noted the object of her attention. [i]What a pervert.[/i] He joked, grinning in a relaxed fashion, putting his hands in his pockets and leaning on one leg, using the other to scratch the back of the initial leg. With a friendly smile, he attempted to comfort her apparent awkwardness.

"Nah, I'm not all to fussed about the prize, to be honest. I'm just interested in the competition itself, mostly." He explained, his already quite obvious british-ness becoming even more apparent in his choice of language. He'd probably have to get used to different terms if he was going to be understood by these people; with most of them being American or something. Sighing, he looked up at the ceiling.

"Since neither of us seem that interested in winning, I had an idea." Michael started, looking back down at Vanessa as he recited his 'plan'. "Should we actually make it to the finals of this competition, whatever it would be, we could always merely flunk the last round. Or simply forfeit at that stage. What do you think?" He added, checking to see if his partner was competitive or not. Personally, he wasn't entirely that competitive, he was just interested in testing how well he matched up against others.

However, before he could get Vanessa's answer, the bell to begin lessons rang, alerting them to the fact that the crowds had thinned out, and that many people were now making their ways to the first classes of the day. He pulled a small sheet out of his pocket with his timetable written hastely on it, and read it quickly before looking up at Vanessa.
"You got Mathematics first? Because we'd better leave for classes now."

"Well if I compete I plan on going all out." She said. Vanessa looked back out the window, and said. "I don't really plan on depriving anyone here of winning if I'm not gonna try my best and aim to win." She looked at the time on her watch, and with a warm smile got up from her desk. "Well like Michael said I should be heading to class now." Vanessa walked out of the room, and once her and Michael were out of ear shoot she said " Man too many people, plus the only person I really know is Brenna, and I hate to say this but they were a bit annoying. I just wanted to enjoy the view." Vanessa took a deep breath, and then exhaled. "So are you found of anyone yet? I'm not. I'm pretty open when it come to this stuff. But I don't find anyone here attractive. Then again I have not met everyone here yet. So who knows." She smiled and walked in to her math class. Vanessa sat by the window, and took out her notebook, and pen.

[i]"Hi, my name is Juliet. I couldn't help but noticing you didn't have a partner. So, how about it?[/i]

[color=#ff8c00]"Oh, hi!"[/color] greeted Mackenzie with a smile. "My name's Mackenzie, Mackenzie Cawdor. Sure, I'll be your partner." He held out his hand for her to shake. Afterwards, he took a quick glance at his watch and was startled by what it displayed. [color=#ff8c00]"Oh, god, there's only five minutes before class starts! Let's go!"[/color] Grabbing Juliet's hand and pulling her along, like he often did with his sister when she was going to be late for something. He dashed down the halls at quite an amazing speed and skidded to a stop before the classroom. Entering the classroom, he looked around and noticed his two roommates in a group in the corner and went over to join them. [color=#ff8c00]"Hey, everyone! How's it going?"[/color] he said, with a cheerful voice.

[color=#000000]Once Michael had spoken again, Vanessa quickly snapped to attention again, blush marks on her face. She didn't want Michael to think of her as some sort of perverted lesbian with a keen interest on those that were way above her level. Unfortunately, Vanessa was so self-absorbed in her own embarrassment that she completely forgot about what Michael was actually saying... until the sound of the bell seemed to remind her somehow.[/color]

[color=#800080]"OH!! Right, that! Um... I'm just not sure about this whole contest,"[/color][color=#000000] Vanessa admitted, [/color][color=#800080]"Maybe we should talk it over after class or something."[/color]

[color=#000000]She then made a brief sigh, before walking with Michael to the Mathematics class. As with a lot of 15 year old students, this was Vanessa's first day of actual school, but what made things even worse was her tendencies to become attracted to some of the female teacher, which, considering she was a girl herself, was just [i]asking[/i] for things to escalate in awkwardness. Regardless, Vanessa held Michael's hand as they walked, wondering about all the things that could go wrong.[/color]

"The teacher isn't here yet..." said Daniel while looking at his watch. "Sigh, when this math lesson gonna start ?" he wondered. Then he looked at the crowd behind him, and the fact that the teacher isn't here yet, he wondered wheter he should join them or not, then he thinks that if he can join them, he can make some friend, but what if he got rejected, he thinks again "If I don't try it, I'll never make a friend in this school, so even I'm going to be rejected I have to try it...". he stand up and silently walking to the crowd behind him. "Umm... hello, my name is Daniel Stelar, mind if I join you guys ?" said Daniel with a smile.

[i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I should be heading to class now."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i]

This part confused Christopher as he thought that this was the classroom that Vanessa was in for first lesson and that she had just arrived early with everyone else. [i]'Wait a minute this doesn't sound right maybe I should take a quick look at my schedule just to double-check to see if I'm in the right place.' [/i]Chris thought to himself as he pulled out his phone to see his schedule. [i]'Okay first lesson today is mathematics. So I got that part correct now what class room am I in now?' [/i]Chris thought as he moved his head over towards the door which had a metal sign in the middle of it that read "Room 12c". [i]'Okay so I'm in 12c what does it say in my schedule? ... .... Room 12a ... uh oh I'm in the wrong room! And the bell just rang!' [/i]Chris thought to himself as he started to panic slightly. "Ah sorry guys I didn't notice this before but I'm in the wrong room, I'm supposed to be in room 12a. I better head off now before I get in any real trouble! See you guys whenever we have a break!" Chris said as he quickly gathered his things and ran out of the door.

Chris reached the room in time as it was only a few rooms away but he did not want to take any risks as his teacher might be judgmental and if they see Chris late then it could go bad on his record. The door was left open and he scanned across the room where students had filled most of it up already luckily there was no teacher present so he had made it on time. Chris looked for a place to sit and saw an empty one right next to a girl with pink hair whom he quickly recognized. [i]'Oh Vanessa's in the same maths class as me, awesome.'[/i] Chris thought to himself as he blushed. Chris quickly noticed and shrugged off the blush as he thought Vanessa would easily see him blushing as he approach her. "Hey Vanessa." Chris said as he placed his books down on the table next to her and sat down. "Did you sleep well last night?" Chris asked a random question but an effective one to start a conversation nonetheless.

Vanessa turned to see Chris. "I slept well, and yourself?" Vanessa sighed, and looked out the window. She thought about how she just wanted to go out, and not even bother with this. After this thought she quickly checked her schedule. It seemed like she only had 7 classes. 1. Math, 2. Physics, 3. Physical Education, 4. Drama, 5. Dance, 6. Language Arts, and 7. Art. "Hmm, I kinda like this schedule, I wonder what Chris has?" She thought. Vanessa turned and asked him what his schedule was. Before Chris had the chance to answer a rather short, and skinny woman walked in. "Good morning class, I am your new teacher. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to having you as my homeroom class for the rest of the year." Alright so this was their homeroom teacher. She looked young, like she was in her 20 or so. Then she said "I'm Ms. Roberts, and because today is the first day I would like to go over rules, and procedures." Vanessa sighed. She was glad they started the day off with class rules. Every class she had was probably going to start off like this. It was fine with her, class was only 45 minutes, and from what she understood lunch was after Drama, or the 4th hour. Vanessa would probably eat in the school gardens if she had the chance. It was always nice and clam there.

[i]Mackenzie, he seems nice enough. [/i]She thought.

She smiled. [i]Yes! If this competition is an athletic one, we have this one in the bag! I wonder how athletic Mackenzie is... [/i]Almost as if he was reading her mind, he noticed the time. He grabbed her wrist and took off. "My god, this boy is fast!" She marveled, trying to regain her footing. She noticed that they had the same schedule. When he stopped at the class, he accidently let go. She would have face plated, had she not began doing somersaults to regain her balance. Mackenzie went over to talk to some people, none that she knew. She nudged him. "Mind introducing me?" She asked.

[i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I slept well, and yourself?"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"Yeah I slept alright ... despite what happened last night. I have a feeling this place could get really crazy in the future ha ha." Chris laughed as he thought what he said was funny. Vanessa then turned towards him, looking like she had something to ask him but she was cut off by the teacher introducing herself to the class. Chris' head turned towards her direction paying attention to what she had to say. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"I'm Ms. Roberts, and because today is the first day I would like to go over rules, and procedures."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Chris sighed as he did not expect a lecture in the first class, he thought the first lesson would be something easy just to ease back into the flow of schooling. Chris drifted off as the teacher explained the rules and procedures and began thinking about things. [i]'I wonder what Vanessa was about to talk about? Oh well I guess I can ask her once the teacher stops explaining the rules to everyone...'[/i] Chris thought as the teacher shouted "Rule number 5! No talking to other students in class!". [i]'Dang, guess it'll have to wait until after class then.' [/i]Chris thought as he started to pay more attention to what Ms. Roberts had to say.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

"Uh, Oh, the teacher is here..." Daniel quickly get back to his desk. "Why, now !? When I'm about to make some friends, oh well, not that complaining will change anything..." Daniel mumbled to himself.

[i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]"[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i][i][b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma,helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]I'm Ms. Roberts, and because today is the first day I would like to go over rules, and procedures."[/background][/size][/font][/color][/b][/i]

"Right, the first day always come with bunch of rules and something like that..." Daniel sighed. He turn his head to look at the window and not paying attention at Ms. Roberts. He looks at the students who were doing the Physical Education (or P.E.). "Man, I wished I'm doing Physicals right now..." Daniel mumble to himself again

Finding himself ignored, the teacher came in. Sighing, he looked around and found his seat, before sitting into it. Their homeroom teacher was Ms. Robert...a random question occurred to Vachel. If their 'partner' happened to be a teacher, was that still legitimate? But in any case, he couldn't decipher any raw emotions in her, so he was uninterested. It was just something to wonder. The teacher went on to explain about the rules, which he forced himself to listen in detail.

It was still too early. Beyond Leighton and potentially that David guy, nobody here was particularly interesting. He had no doubt that over the course of the next two years, a lot of things would change - after all, being secluded from the outside world for that long and the many break-ups that'll transpire was more than enough to do a number on teenagers - but until then, everything was gonna be pretty boring.

Right now, it was better to just lie his head on the table and listen, lazily. Although his mind was automatically committing everything the teacher said to memory word-for-word, the clock to him began to tick faster.

Archived