The Music Lovers Club

Susie

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Could I apply?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Dubstep, house, prgressive house, electronic, pop, more modern, lots of variety, don't really like country, rock, or metal but that's my opinion. Respect other people's opinions of music as well.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band: Swedish House Mafia or Maroon 5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Skrillex or Owl City[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Every day almost all day. Music is like. My life.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Yan-Tsundere Barrel' timestamp='1357708795' post='6115940']
[/quote]

ohmygosh Thar I didn't realize it was you until just now I am so out of the loop argh

I should've known from the way you talked about Nile haha. Anyway, here's my musical contribution for the day:

mewithoutYou, an indie rock band most famously known for the spoken-word vocal style of their vocalist Aaron Weiss. This song also has guest vocals from Paramore's Haley Williams if that's any incentive~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S046KlS1rmE

[quote name='Aa'une' timestamp='1357709644' post='6115947']
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Could I apply?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are your favorite genres: Dubstep, house, prgressive house, electronic, pop, more modern, lots of variety, don't really like country, rock, or metal but that's my opinion. Respect other people's opinions of music as well.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite band: Swedish House Mafia or Maroon 5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your favorite solo artist: Skrillex or Owl City[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]How frequently do you listen to music: Every day almost all day. Music is like. My life.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

You're accepted. welcome!

What are your favorite genres: Don't really care about genres, I am able to enjoy most types of music. Individual songs are more important to me. One I'd like to mention is Folk music and different influences of Folk.
Your favorite band: I am inclined to say The Pogues, and I'll also say Beatles. Several swedish bands that would be pointless to mention too.
Your favorite solo artist: Tricky. I'll go with Paul Simon.
How frequently do you listen to music: Not at every moment, but quite frequently.

[quote name='Hina~' timestamp='1357709701' post='6115948']
I don't really understand what you mean.
[/quote]

*facedesk*
How can you not understand?
At first I never really cared for it.
Then I started listening to it.
Now I'm starting to like it.

I think (s)he means the Genre Hina...xD

Anyway:
What are your favorite genres: Too many to list. And I cant say all genres, because there are a few that I dont like - RnB and Hiphop I dont like. So perhaps I can merely say them. Oh, and I dont like quite a few mainstream metal-core artists; notably BMTH. I just dont like them. And most forms of Religious music; I.e Hymns and the like. 'holy' music. I just dislike them.
Almost everything else, I like.
Your favorite band: Oooo, hard choice >.> I love too many bands to say. I've always loved and was raised on Classic Rock, such as Bon jovi, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and the like. So it'd probably be one of them. But then again, I do like some more modern stuff, such as Alexisonfire, or Rise against.
Your favorite solo artist: Jon Bongiovi or Jimi Hendrix would be my favourites.
How frequently do you listen to music: Pretty much 24/7. When I'm not listening to it, I'm playing some on my guitar. The only time when I'm not listening to music is when I'm trying to write lyrics or writing down Lyrics. Or when people in school notice my head-phones. And exams.

[quote name='Crazy on New Years' timestamp='1357730554' post='6116068']
What are your favorite genres: Don't really care about genres, I am able to enjoy most types of music. Individual songs are more important to me. One I'd like to mention is Folk music and different influences of Folk.
Your favorite band: I am inclined to say The Pogues, and I'll also say Beatles. Several swedish bands that would be pointless to mention too.
Your favorite solo artist: Tricky. I'll go with Paul Simon.
How frequently do you listen to music: Not at every moment, but quite frequently.
[/quote]

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1357760872' post='6116397']
I think he means the Genre Hina...xD

Anyway:
What are your favorite genres: Too many to list. And I cant say all genres, because there are a few that I dont like - RnB and Hiphop I dont like. So perhaps I can merely say them. Oh, and I dont like quite a few mainstream metal-core artists; notably BMTH. I just dont like them. And most forms of Religious music; I.e Hymns and the like. 'holy' music. I just dislike them.
Almost everything else, I like.
Your favorite band: Oooo, hard choice >.> I love too many bands to say. I've always loved and was raised on Classic Rock, such as Bon jovi, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin and the like. So it'd probably be one of them. But then again, I do like some more modern stuff, such as Alexisonfire, or Rise against.
Your favorite solo artist: Jon Bongiovi or Jimi Hendrix would be my favourites.
How frequently do you listen to music: Pretty much 24/7. When I'm not listening to it, I'm playing some on my guitar. The only time when I'm not listening to music is when I'm trying to write lyrics or writing down Lyrics. Or when people in school notice my head-phones. And exams.
[/quote]

you're both accepted

[quote name='LeguBrit' timestamp='1357761855' post='6116413']
What are your favorite genres: Indie rock, Folk, Straight-Edge Metal, Alternative Rock, Rock.
Your favorite band: ACDC/Colplay
Your favorite solo artist: Ed Sheeran
How frequently do you listen to music: EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Charlie Brown :3
[/quote]

You are also accepted welcome and have fun

Well since it seems as if we're actually getting started on this topic
Might as well bring up this song right here, an amazing one by BOC:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljdpt3jW2U[/media]

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaLI5XVeOow"]https://www.youtube....h?v=xaLI5XVeOow[/url]
I don't really like other songs by Cardiacs, but this one just stuck with me. The instrumental chorus is just wonderful.

I will post around many different styles, so if anyone just doesn't want to listen to one in particular, I can mark out what type of music it is.

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1357774015' post='6116604']
I wonder

Who do yall consider da best screamer ever/you've ever heard?

For me, it's obv Chester of course
[/quote]

I like Chino's better
But that's just me
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8k3ifqVByI[/media]

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1357776512' post='6116668']
It reminds me a bit of Chester's

However, Chester can also do grunge and those classical rock screams ;D

Plus I'm biased, since I'm in love with Chester's voice <3
[/quote]

I don't know why but I think you're a Linkin Park fan
But yeah I liked their older stuff but I'm not too big on any of their recent stuff

I love them <3

And um...well

I DO like all of their albums, I won't lie.

Though I'm a bit iffy on A Thousand Suns.

HOWEVER

Living Things is a LOT better imo @.@ (my favorite album by them)

It brings back a bit of the old style, while keeping their new one

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NvrWciHrBw[/media]

I personally am not a big fan of any of their albums past Meteora
I only listened to a little bit of A Thousand Suns and I really didn't like anything from what I heard
I haven't bothered trying to listen to Living Things at all
Their newer style doesn't satisfy me at all it just seems a little bit boring and bland to me
Though I will admit that there is a handful of their recent songs that I don't mind
Another thing that I will admit is that they can put on a good concert
I still own The Road To Revolution DVD/CD set from when I used to like LP's songs

[quote name='Aa'une' timestamp='1357778315' post='6116703']
I love Linkin Park's latest album. I enjoyed the others as well but really really liked that one.
[/quote]
Damn straight ;D

[quote name='Aphex Twin' timestamp='1357777731' post='6116695']
I personally am not a big fan of any of their albums past Meteora
I only listened to a little bit of A Thousand Suns and I really didn't like anything from what I heard
I haven't bothered trying to listen to Living Things at all
Their newer style doesn't satisfy me at all it just seems a little bit boring and bland to me
Though I will admit that there is a handful of their recent songs that I don't mind
Another thing that I will admit is that they can put on a good concert
I still own The Road To Revolution DVD/CD set from when I used to like LP's songs
[/quote]So you're into harder stuff? =P

They've got Victimized and Lies Greed Misery, those are hard o3o

Tho I guess, it's not for everyone xDD

And they sure can :'OO

I love Chester live <3

[quote name='Hayate Ayasaki~' timestamp='1357778565' post='6116706']
So you're into harder stuff? =P

They've got Victimized and Lies Greed Misery, those are hard o3o
[/quote]

I'm a bigger fan of the more harder LP stuff, yes that's true
I liked it how they did aggressive songs very well
Lying From You is still my favorite track by them
No More Sorrow is a recent one of theirs that I like
It's just that to me Chester's vocals sound better when
They're in more harder and aggressive tracks

I'll have to check out the ones you had mentioned sometime, maybe later when I feel like listening to them

Archived