Animation Procreation (In need of Animators and Editors)

Elƒie

First Group Project  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we do a PPG (Powerpuff Girls) abridge episode for our first project?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dunno
    • Lets do a different show to do an abridge on

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we make the PPG's be sadistic and evil. They beat up fashion models, monkeys and generally nice people and have a vicegrip control over the Mayor and make death threats to him on a daily basis. Also they keep the professor hostage/the professor is a robot they built to hide themselves.

Also, the general public doesn't know this because the PPG's keep it under wraps.

I say Bubbles should have a jock voice with a Californian accent. I'd totally enjoy doing that.

mick-jagger-steve-martin-snl-californian

N-NO, YOU'RE S-STUPID!

*Runs away bawling*

OT: Last Exile.

Because no one knows what that is.

I think we went over this at some point

The show has to be well-known, or

1. the chances of us having watched it are low
2. the chances of other people having watched the series is low, meaning that our viewership will be mostly limited to those, even if it is good.

So the series has to be decently well-known

Gurren Lagann?

No, back to PPG.

We focus on creating our own story. It won't actually be an Abridged. Think of it like cutting letters out of a newspaper to form words. We make our own story with what's there, with Agro's idea as a starting point.

...why NOT an abridged series?

It'll be much harder to edit something to create a new story....

...why NOT an abridged series?

It'll be much harder to edit something to create a new story....

Okay, so maybe I gave off the wrong impression. I mean, not entirely new story. Same structure, same villains. Just jumbling up the scenes and dramatically changing the dialogue.

Or of course, we can just scrap my idea and go with abridging each episode one by one.

What do you mean by Game Grumps, Matt, and Pat tho, Mako? O.o

Go on YouTube sometime.

Lazy?

Fandubbing is NOT lazy.

Especially not if we would be writing our own script. x_x

We'd be editing an existing script. Adapting it, if only partially.

I'd rather redo everything and come up with something new.

Go on YouTube sometime.

We'd be editing an existing script. Adapting it, if only partially.

I'd rather redo everything and come up with something new.

We'd also be doing the voicework :I

Which is hard, if you wanna do it WELL.

And? We'd be doing both anyway.

Writing an original script is STILL a much better idea.

And don't use "it's really hard" as an argument. That's just laziness.

...You know...I am not against doing the abridged at all

I am simply saying that a fandub is an alternative, since as I remember, we were discussing alternatives .-.

In fact I would RATHER do the abridged xDD

I say we make the PPG's be sadistic and evil. They beat up fashion models, monkeys and generally nice people and have a vicegrip control over the Mayor and make death threats to him on a daily basis. Also they keep the professor hostage/the professor is a robot they built to hide themselves.

Also, the general public doesn't know this because the PPG's keep it under wraps.

This, I like. And we should make it to where the Rowdyruff Boys and the bad guys are actually trying to stop the PPGs from completing world domination.  owo

Also, I'm thinking that maybe Bubble's voice should always be a deep males voice, but how it sounds/how she talks changes each episode, and in each episode, someone points it out and Blossom (or the Professor if he's there) says that she's always been talking like that. This won't continue for ever, obv, cause everyone will get tired of pointing it out. Then when someone new appears up and is about to point it, the others interrupt and go, "Don't even bother."

Also, I'm thinking that maybe Bubble's voice should always be a deep males voice, but how it sounds/how she talks changes each episode, and in each episode, someone points it out and Blossom (or the Professor if he's there) says that she's always been talking like that. This won't continue for ever, obv, cause everyone will get tired of pointing it out. Then when someone new appears up and is about to point it, the others interrupt and go, "Don't even bother."

See the problem I have with these singular ideas that I don't have with Agro's idea is that his is in a general spectrum, and can be incorporated into the series as a whole basis, rather than a single instance of comedic purpose meant to be thrown at the viewer over and over for a repeating, but dwindling, comic effect.

@Double C4 - See I think I remember that

And see, this would be a nice time to think of an exaggeration-type of technique

Such as us ALSO talking like that but making it OBVIOUS we are trying hard, and even maybe have it lampshaded in the series once or twice.

@Agro - Having a gay character means having someone willing to play a gay guy making a gay voice....I think we can manage.

Archived