Animation Procreation (In need of Animators and Editors)

Elƒie

First Group Project  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we do a PPG (Powerpuff Girls) abridge episode for our first project?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dunno
    • Lets do a different show to do an abridge on

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See the problem I have with these singular ideas that I don't have with Agro's idea is that his is in a general spectrum, and can be incorporated into the series as a whole basis, rather than a single instance of comedic purpose meant to be thrown at the viewer over and over for a repeating, but dwindling, comic effect.

Well it wouldn't happen each episode. It would be for the first 5 episodes, or so, and after that, when someone knew comes in and points it out, the others who have pointed it before just look at the guy and go, "Don't bother, we've pointed this out before."

Well it wouldn't happen each episode. It would be for the first 5 episodes, or so, and after that, when someone knew comes in and points it out, the others who have pointed it before just look at the guy and go, "Don't bother, we've pointed this out before."

That's still a singular idea used as a running joke that wasn't even that funny in the first place, and gets less humorous every time it's referenced.

I pretty much said that.

I'm sorry, but that's how scripting works. If we try to work in these ideas that people are giving, we'll end up with a mess

We want this to be coherent, no?

That's why I like Agro's idea, because it can be layered onto the series while still allowing the series to keep a normal level of stability regardless of other changes or factors.

Not at first. Anyways, tossing up ideas. Yeah, long lasting ones are good, but ya also need some short term ones as well to keep it fresh and lively, rather than cookie cutter with slight mods to it.

Also, since this has pretty much become a team project, we should probably have more than one script writer involved, especially one that can edit video so they know what bits of video they can use for the lines, how long or short each line needs to be, etc. Or if we do have one script writer, they need to work with the person will be the editor of the videos.

If anything, I can help direct the VAs, because I also have some experience in that department...

Anyway, started doin the script.

PPG Episode 1 Insect Inside

[spoiler=a small preview]

Bubbles is running away from a cockroach

bubbles

If you spare me I swear I will feed you my sisters in ritual sacrifice!

buttercup

Ritual WHAT??

bubbles

I said sisters, not brothe- AGAFGAHAAROACH!

Bubbles runs away, Buttercup tries lasering the roach with her eye-lasers, but misses, and runs after the roach, leaving a melted hole in the wall

blossom

Buttercup, what did I say about having your period all over the wall?

prof

Now see here, girls. This is a cockroach. Commonly known as the living filth that plagues our planet and deserves to die.

roach

S'not what your mother said last night, buddy...

prof

Oh dear, it seems that someone wants the cactus~

roach

Please tell me you're asking about dinner...

prof

NO, IT'S TO STICK IT UP YOUR-

Opening plays

[/spoiler]

Gotta love the classic "cut-off before a bad word" gimmick.

I like it. In fact, I'm excited in having Bubbles panic with the voice of a built jock.

So they are all guys, basically

Aussie Blossom
Tough Blubbles
Punk Buttercup (?)

Thanks, glad you like it :3

I love the cut off idea too. Its a nice tool that just about everyone loves if used right.

Maybe Bubbles should stay as is and just change the voice and make her sound like a built jock? Like, she's all cute and caring, but sounds like a guy suffocating in his own muscles?

As for Buttercup, she's pretty much already a punk. Lol. OH! Why not make her into a really man-like lesbian and her aggression towards everyone is her frustration for not being able to express who she is.  owo

For Blossom.. Not sure how I feel about her being aussie.. May I ask why aussie?

Also, for the narrator.. when he breaks the fourth wall (or w/e) when he starts talking with the people in the show, we should do a count on it, like the Krillin Own count, or have it where everyone yells at him to stop, even though he's trying to tell them something really useful at a key moment.

I love the cut off idea too. Its a nice tool that just about everyone loves if used right.

Maybe Bubbles should stay as is and just change the voice and make her sound like a built jock? Like, she's all cute and caring, but sounds like a guy suffocating in his own muscles?

As for Buttercup, she's pretty much already a punk. Lol. OH! Why not make her into a really man-like lesbian and her aggression towards everyone is her frustration for not being able to express who she is.  owo

For Blossom.. Not sure how I feel about her being aussie.. May I ask why aussie?

Also, for the narrator.. when he breaks the fourth wall (or w/e) when he starts talking with the people in the show, we should do a count on it, like the Krillin Own count, or have it where everyone yells at him to stop, even though he's trying to tell them something really useful at a key moment.

Because aussie accents are freakin awesome, and it's SO unfitting, that's why :33

I don't think we NEED a narrator...

We need a narrator. The narrator was an essential part of the PPG Show, and thus because of his existence, should be parodied in this one as well.

Oh, by the way, [i]I[/i] could be the editor...or at least co-editor. My internet here's a little bad so downloading things like PPG episodes might take a while, but maybe Aisu can do the main editing and then send the rest to be polished by yours truly.

We need a narrator. The narrator was an essential part of the PPG Show, and thus because of his existence, should be parodied in this one as well.

Oh, by the way, I could be the editor...or at least co-editor. My internet here's a little bad so downloading things like PPG episodes might take a while, but maybe Aisu can do the main editing and then send the rest to be polished by yours truly.

That works

And actually PPG episodes are short, so OUR episodes will likely only be 2-3 minutes at most xDD

Right, I forgot the Narrator was important o3o haha

It's been a while since I watched PPG xD

I'll try and think of something up for the intro. Also, we shouldn't use a well known song, that's just lazy.

Maybe we should just abridge the intro as well. Like at the end, instead of him saying "using thier powers to fight evil," the narrorator goes something like, "using thier powers for evil, these girls are tryi-" he gets cut off as the ppg silence him and Blossom says "Phew! That was close! He almost revealed our plots for world domination!" There's a moments pause before two facepalms are heard and we cut to the episode. (And yes, I said blossom cause her slip up will make it funny since she's the smarter one of the two)

That, or as Blossom is barely into saying domination and she gets cut off by the phone ringing or by some attack.

Archived