Animation Procreation (In need of Animators and Editors)

Elƒie

First Group Project  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we do a PPG (Powerpuff Girls) abridge episode for our first project?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dunno
    • Lets do a different show to do an abridge on

What's a Machinima?

And a Powerpuff Girls Abridged...doesn't sound too bad.

When I'm in Panama again I'll audition for some of them.

And I think actually Buttercup might be good with a creepy-MJ type of voice. (heeyyy little Mojo....why dontcha get all up on my jojo...?~)

For some reason.

But we can figure out a script later, I can try writing one if I find the time. I seem to be pretty good at scripting. But usually the characters come to me as I write...so yeah.

I DO want Blossom to have the voice of a 'crocodile huntah' (AKA australian male) though. I just do...for some reason....

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh! I didn't know a club like this existed! How exciting!

[center][b]I Wanna Be a Member![/b][/center]
[b]Username[/b]: Merciful Idiot

[b]What do you do?[/b]: A lot of stuff, where do I start? I'm decently good when it comes to character concepts, and art (though bad when it comes to digital, the outlines in SAI always turn out horrible, lack of tablet also helps). I can also edit, with knowledge on both Sony Vegas Pro (want HD videos? Sure. My youtube channel has 100,000 views, afterall...but for a different reason) and GIMP (banners and rendering are a piece of cake~). I also have basic knowledge on Adobe Flash and how to animate things with it, as well as smoothen things out over frames, so if you're looking for an animator, I might be able to help. I can also edit things, be it sound or art or prose, without too much difficulty or time wasted. s I'd also like to do voice acting because that sounds interesting, and I have my own Audacity program to drown out noise as well as edit my own voice to make it more awesome than it really is. Oh, and critique - I love criticizing the work of other people, for better or for worse, as well as giving them advice. But my main, primary talent is most definitely [i]novel writing[/i]. Without a doubt, I excel at that.

...in other words I have a broad array of talents. It would be easier to think of me as a jack-of-all-trades since I don't particularly excel in any of them apart from writing. Since I usually work solo without ever having been given help from any teacher or friend, I had to self-teach myself everything I know today.

[b]Why do you want to join in?[/b]: Because I want to. Oh, and working solo gets lonely sometimes. Plus the fact that I rarely show anyone else my work...because I'm either lazy or too preoccupied to upload/finish it.

Apologies for the abnormally long 'what do you do?'. I just wasn't sure what I should fill in.

[i]Oh![/i] And if you're in need of original background music, I might be able to help with that too. See, I play the piano, and compose my own songs sometimes. I used to convert them into MIDI files, but now I've lost them. Could always make more though.

Okay I should shut up now before I get too carried away. Anyway, if you're in need in an animator/editor, I can do that.

.............you know, when I put two and two together.....how did I find the time to be able to do all this + experience life at its fullest? What sort of fourteen-year-old am I...?

If we're doing PPG Abridged, I would be interested in voicing Mojo Jojo or The Mayor of Townsville.

As for machinima, any game that we can all run, then whoever has the better specs records. I can think of Vindictus for it. If I'm not wrong it has a built in record function.

The only problem I see here, no matter the game, is servers. Some people here are American, and some are European, meaning that no matter the game, some people aren't gonna be able to get in on it or if we do, its gonna lag like a bitch for someone.

@C4 - Audacity is freakin EASY to use =DD haha

Oh and I doubt we´re doing dibs, but we can likely post a voice reel of what voices we would be interested in doing, to see if we get them :3

I would also be interested in Mojo Jojo...and..uh.....Him? idk, I´ll see

Oh and of course, aussie Blossom

Ooooh. I can do that just fine. :D Now if only I knew how to use Audacity. Is it simple in any way Merciful?

Kinda. Hayate made it sound simple, but if your microphone's anything like mine, there'll be a LOT of noise. Which is why you filter it out with 'remove noise'~ but other than that, it's pretty simple. Changing pitch and stuff.

The problem with Audacity isn't the program - it's your voice. If you wanna make a boy sound like a girl, you're gonna have to speak up and try to add a lot of variations in your voice (because girls speak more fluidly than boys) before increasing the pitch by a notch. And if you're hoping to make your bad singing amazing with it, you won't be able to; only autotune can that cool (and that's viewed as cheating, so I don't recommend it).

BUT if you're just aiming to make your voice deeper, that's really easy.

BTW, we're doing a PPG Abridged? Um, I'm not so sure what voice I wanna be. Maybe Professor Utonium? If I had to be him, I'd probably put a lot of random technobabble into his speech and then double the speed rate to give a high chipmunk-tone effect.

...just a thought.

Oooh! I didn't know a club like this existed! How exciting!

I Wanna Be a Member!

Username: Merciful Idiot

What do you do?: A lot of stuff, where do I start? I'm decently good when it comes to character concepts, and art (though bad when it comes to digital, the outlines in SAI always turn out horrible, lack of tablet also helps). I can also edit, with knowledge on both Sony Vegas Pro (want HD videos? Sure. My youtube channel has 100,000 views, afterall...but for a different reason) and GIMP (banners and rendering are a piece of cake~). I also have basic knowledge on Adobe Flash and how to animate things with it, as well as smoothen things out over frames, so if you're looking for an animator, I might be able to help. I can also edit things, be it sound or art or prose, without too much difficulty or time wasted. s I'd also like to do voice acting because that sounds interesting, and I have my own Audacity program to drown out noise as well as edit my own voice to make it more awesome than it really is. Oh, and critique - I love criticizing the work of other people, for better or for worse, as well as giving them advice. But my main, primary talent is most definitely novel writing. Without a doubt, I excel at that.

...in other words I have a broad array of talents. It would be easier to think of me as a jack-of-all-trades since I don't particularly excel in any of them apart from writing. Since I usually work solo without ever having been given help from any teacher or friend, I had to self-teach myself everything I know today.

Why do you want to join in?: Because I want to. Oh, and working solo gets lonely sometimes. Plus the fact that I rarely show anyone else my work...because I'm either lazy or too preoccupied to upload/finish it.

Apologies for the abnormally long 'what do you do?'. I just wasn't sure what I should fill in.

Oh! And if you're in need of original background music, I might be able to help with that too. See, I play the piano, and compose my own songs sometimes. I used to convert them into MIDI files, but now I've lost them. Could always make more though.

Okay I should shut up now before I get too carried away. Anyway, if you're in need in an animator/editor, I can do that.

.............you know, when I put two and two together.....how did I find the time to be able to do all this + experience life at its fullest? What sort of fourteen-year-old am I...?

Welcome to the group. I'll add ya to the list when I can later today.

As for the PPG Abridge, no calling voices. And ya ain't gotta worry about matching up too much, its an abridge.. Have fun with it.

Speaking of the PPG Abridged, I've been trying to come up with ideas for the title sequence, and I think I have a couple.

[spoiler=Idea le First]We just show a bunch of clips of the Powerpuff Girls fighting, while this plays in the background (not all of it though, because it's rather long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziz_NVUaYws

Pretty generic, I know, but what I've seen from abridged series, it's formula[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Idea le Second]The other idea is that we start it off like the actual show, but just after the narrator says the words "Chemical X", we add the WTFBoom sound. True, it can get old rather quickly, but by the time it does, we should be able to carry the rest of the abridged series on our own, with any luck. I haven't decided on whether I wanted the narration to continue after the WTFBoom sound or just to end there, nor have I decided whether to leave the narration as per the actual show or spice it up a notch, but if we decide on the latter, then I can probably come up with a script for the spiced-up narration[/spoiler]

Or we can take a piece of both ideas and mold that into our title sequence. Thoughts?

Poll is up everyone. It seems like there's a lot more support to do a PPG abridge than a Fairy Tail, but I wanna get everyone's opinion on it.

Edit: Also.. If everyone could resubmit their "I wanna be a member" form with simple keywords rather than half an essay, that'll be great. The front page is getting too full. If ya want an idea of what I mean, look at how I'm listed in the member spoiler. Nice and simple keywords that can be easily found via ctrl+f.

I Wanna Be a Member!

Username : RogueZero

What do you do? : I don't do many things, but I can do some stuff like re-coloring images or combining logo, I have to admit though that I'm still an amateur.

Why do you want to join in? : I want to learn more about animation and voice acting, and this looks fun. :D

I agree. We should be more original, and try our best not to copy other abridges. Let's try a more unique approach to this....

...like um...

Well, I dunno. If it were me, I'd make an infinite loop of them playing tag in the PPG Movie, and then cut to the scene in Speed Demon where the world is at its apocalypse.

...we ARE talking about an opening right?

What's so bad about having a few cool scenes matched to a nice song?

See, more serious, mature abridged series are usually popular, when compared to silly abridged series th that just poke fun at everything/make references of everything.

So us having some form of seriousness inside the abridged is alright. I recommend something like Let the Bodies hit the Floor to the flashes of the girls beating up random opponents

o3o

Archived