Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

Akihiro was about to give up the chase when the M@nos twins attempted their escape, when all of a sudden someone else had decided to jump into the fray. At least this guy looked to have come from the military, unlike the two that had arrived beforehand. Still, Akihiro had just about enough of this chaos.

"This isn't getting us anywhere," he muttered, before glaring up at the M@nos twins, "You! You! Me! Duel! Right now! I'll take you both on myself if I have to!"

Naomi however, who'd rushed off to check on the orphans and calm them down, came back the minute Akihiro had finished yelling at them.

"Akihiro, wait!" she pleaded, before stopping running, "Let me help you; "they" won't stand a chance against the both of us,"

"True..." Akihiro nodded as he said this, before turning his attention back to the twins, "Alright you two, listen close. The four of us are going to have a nice clean duel; no hostages, no hocus pocus, none of that. You win, we'll bring you the girl. We win, we bring you in for interrogation. Does that sound fair to you?"

getting into this RP keeps getting harder and harder...

well I'm going to have to think of a new way to get in now... that post stuffed up my entry...

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my second app, lemme know if anything needs changing.

[spoiler=Maiya]
Name: Maiya Akuzara

[spoiler=Appearance]maiya_turnaround_2_by_totalobelisk-d5z2r
The mask that Maiya wears also doubles as a form of D-Gazer for when she is duelling[/spoiler]

Personality: Maiya seems to be in a constant state of both calm and cheerful, proving to be near impossible to upset or anger and remaining polite and well-spoken no matter what the situation, however she is not above making the odd joke to lighten the mood or if she feels like it, though she will sometimes phrase them in such a way that nobody is sure whether or not she is actually being serious. Maiya also has a natural born curiosity for things and is practically obsessed with expanding her own knowledge by whatever means she finds, though it mostly relates to the studies of alchemy. She can take an interest in pretty much anything and once she does will usually feel inclined to study it further, if only briefly. She is incredibly enthusiastic about her work and is always eager to share it with other people, even if they don’t completely understand what it is she is talking about. The only sign Maiya seems to give of ever being angry or upset is a slight shift in her expression and tone of voice; she’ll still keep her tone polite but will sound less cheerful and sometimes even threatening.

Faction: Duellist

Bio: Maiya’s past is something of a mystery to many people, to those actually in the know she is a skilled alchemist and duellist having perfected her skills at both over many years and is regarded as a very dangerous individual, possessing skills and knowledge that no human should ever have access to. It is unknown exactly how old Maiya is, only that she has lived for over a century, popping up every now and again throughout history for whatever reason, usually with very disastrous consequences. Due to her reputation Maiya has spent most of her life hiding under the radar and attempting not to draw any attention to herself (hence why she will often wear a mask to hide her identity) but will sometimes reveal herself if she has reason to or if she feels it is safe to do so. Maiya’s curiosity towards the duel monsters card game began almost as soon as the game itself came out, since she was quite learned in the ancient rites that the game itself was based on Maiya took an immediate interest in the game, believing it held many secrets along with its ties to ancient Egyptian magic and has since spent her time both developing her own skills at the game as well as studying it wherever possible, even learning of the phenomenon of psychic duellists and finding them, if anything, fascinating. She eventually caught wind of the Neo-Arcadia movement being founded and soon made her way to Neo Domino to investigate this phenomenon first hand.

Theme Song: Blackmore’s Night – Fires at Midnight

Deck: Eternal Grace – Maiya uses a Spellcaster type deck which focuses heavily on limiting her opponent’s choices and maintaining field control, many of her cards negate of limit her opponent’s cards and she also seems to focus on ritual monsters as her main cards as well as several cards that easily support those ritual monsters. Her main card is Divine Grace - Northwemko.[/spoiler]

Guess who did their homework regarding making the stun round?

Also, I don't think Psychics could effectively concentrate enough to utilize manifested Duel Monsters if they are simultaneously suffering from nausea, vertigo, and headaches before their own nervous systems knock them out to prevent a total sensory screw-up.

And yes, I have had this planned for quite some time. Nonlethal, unconventional weaponry against psychics to take them down on Foster's terms.

But he will duel fairly once the Duel Fair starts.

That is true. Otherwise, the following exchange would occur;

Player 1: Draw! Okay, uh... Hey! Tell me all about that Gigamataza Dragon you just summoned!!!

Player 2: Okay. Well, it's a Synchro DARK Sea Serpent-Type monster with an Attack of four-thousand and Defense of seven-hundred-thousand, and when it's Synchro Summoned I get to pay half my Life Points to destroy two cards on the field, as you saw during my turn. Also, once during either player's turn, I get to banish your monster if it declares an attack, and then you'll have to suffer five-hundred damage for each Level the destroyed monster had minus its combined total Attack and Defense Points. If it's destroyed by battle, I can return it to the Extra Deck and special summon a Super Gigamataza Dragon/Assault Mode from my Deck, which gains one thousand Attack for every Sea Serpent-Type monster on the field while decreasing all other monsters' Attack Points to zero and negating their effects until the start of your next Standby Phase, and then I can Special Summon it back to field if you destroy Super Gigamataza Dragon/Assault Mode....

Player 1: Uh- uh- okay, lemme write that down... oh, and by the way, what about the other Synchro monster you summoned, Sekset Yerapieram Azaroth? And the three cards you just sent to the graveyard from your deck? And can you please remind me about the effect of your Field Spell Caramel World and continuous spell card Zenzen Gomsater, just so I know what I'm up against?

Player 2: ....we're gonna be here all day, aren't we?

That's what a dueling world is like without Duel Gazers. Confusing.

Here's my second app, lemme know if anything needs changing.

[spoiler=Maiya]
Name: Maiya Akuzara

[spoiler=Appearance]maiya_turnaround_2_by_totalobelisk-d5z2r
The mask that Maiya wears also doubles as a form of D-Gazer for when she is duelling[/spoiler]

Personality: Maiya seems to be in a constant state of both calm and cheerful, proving to be near impossible to upset or anger and remaining polite and well-spoken no matter what the situation, however she is not above making the odd joke to lighten the mood or if she feels like it, though she will sometimes phrase them in such a way that nobody is sure whether or not she is actually being serious. Maiya also has a natural born curiosity for things and is practically obsessed with expanding her own knowledge by whatever means she finds, though it mostly relates to the studies of alchemy. She can take an interest in pretty much anything and once she does will usually feel inclined to study it further, if only briefly. She is incredibly enthusiastic about her work and is always eager to share it with other people, even if they don’t completely understand what it is she is talking about. The only sign Maiya seems to give of ever being angry or upset is a slight shift in her expression and tone of voice; she’ll still keep her tone polite but will sound less cheerful and sometimes even threatening.

Faction: Duellist

Bio: Maiya’s past is something of a mystery to many people, to those actually in the know she is a skilled alchemist and duellist having perfected her skills at both over many years and is regarded as a very dangerous individual, possessing skills and knowledge that no human should ever have access to. It is unknown exactly how old Maiya is, only that she has lived for over a century, popping up every now and again throughout history for whatever reason, usually with very disastrous consequences. Due to her reputation Maiya has spent most of her life hiding under the radar and attempting not to draw any attention to herself (hence why she will often wear a mask to hide her identity) but will sometimes reveal herself if she has reason to or if she feels it is safe to do so. Maiya’s curiosity towards the duel monsters card game began almost as soon as the game itself came out, since she was quite learned in the ancient rites that the game itself was based on Maiya took an immediate interest in the game, believing it held many secrets along with its ties to ancient Egyptian magic and has since spent her time both developing her own skills at the game as well as studying it wherever possible, even learning of the phenomenon of psychic duellists and finding them, if anything, fascinating. She eventually caught wind of the Neo-Arcadia movement being founded and soon made her way to Neo Domino to investigate this phenomenon first hand.

Theme Song: Blackmore’s Night – Fires at Midnight

Deck: Eternal Grace – Maiya uses a Spellcaster type deck which focuses heavily on limiting her opponent’s choices and maintaining field control, many of her cards negate of limit her opponent’s cards and she also seems to focus on ritual monsters as her main cards as well as several cards that easily support those ritual monsters. Her main card is Divine Grace - Northwemko.[/spoiler]

Accepted.

@Stalfos & TFF: I present a compromise. So Stalfos gets his duel and TFF gets his stun bullets. 

Yeah, but now Foster's stuck outside of the Field Barrier with nothing to do, as the girl he was trying to save is stuck in the Field Barrier as well.

And, no offense, Stalfos, but I was trying to avoid a duel, as they tend to be long, and, no offense, Sapphyre, but a duel with your current posting schedule would take several days.

Yeah, but now Foster's stuck outside of the Field Barrier with nothing to do, as the girl he was trying to save is stuck in the Field Barrier as well.

And, no offense, Stalfos, but I was trying to avoid a duel, as they tend to be long, and, no offense, Sapphyre, but a duel with your current posting schedule would take several days.

No offence TFF, but I'm beyond caring at this point. This is probably the second duel that's ever taken place, and we went far more than too long in RotO.

Anyway, posting round about now.

Well, see I put Foster outside the barrier to keep him from tazing Monos. Oh and Stalfos Manos is with Monos, so Akihiro wouldn't be watching over him. Also the Field Barrier doesn't affect the field spell on the field its just acting a a barrier for the duel. 

Sadly, Sapphyre, Field Barrier prevents Brain Research Lab from being activated.

However, I will utilize this opportunity to get Foster to move Kira.

Also the Field Barrier doesn't affect the field spell on the field its just acting a a barrier for the duel.

would be because it was used before the duel started and :. not apart of the duel.

Archived