Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I feel that Marzell's reaally going to "love" SHINE if/when they finally meet.  The pretty-boy looks combined with the attitude are sure to set Marzell off, XD

BTW, is there still that "border control" going on with Neo Domino, or can people come and go between N. Domino and Satellite?  Just figured I'd ask, seeing as I semi-foolishly placed Marzell in Satellite

The zombie cards seem pretty solid. I can see Reborn Shaman being abused for its effect, but everything else is balanced fairly. I am curious though - where'd you get all those artworks?

Thanks ^^ Do you think that I need to change Reborn Shaman's effect in any way? I promise I won't go crazy and summon more than one of 'em, or anything : p

Sorry, but I actually can't remember the exact places where I got the images >.> It was mainly just google image searches, I believe. Admittedly, though, some of them were cropped out of other custom cards that showed up during my searches ^^"

These are actually pretty decent. I really like the level of derp spamming that they give to Zombie Master and Mezuki its quite great. The only problem I see is that Reborn Priestess is just a +1 for no reason so that is the only card I would change to include some kind of cost.

lol, thanks...I think xD And sure, I'll add a cost to Priestess' effect before I use her. What exactly did you have in mind? Discard a card? Pay some life points? I'd prefer the former, to be honest. More chances to get zombies in the graveyard > :)

inb4forthischaracter'sthemeisRigidParadise

Heh, jokes on you. I would never submit to the expectations of others >:3 lol

Anyways, so I finally finished my app. Another douchebag character, yay. I swear, all of the characters I make start out normal and end up evolving into complete asses as I keep working on them...I always feel like such a horrible person xD But alas, I'm a ginger. What else would you expect from someone without a soul >:3

If I did anything wrong, just let me know and I'll change it ASAP.

[spoiler='App']

“Let me tell you something; you ain't sh*t. Neither am I. We're both just mere dogs with only one purpose; to survive. And that's what I intend to do.”

Name: Ander Grayfield, “The Ghost”.

[spoiler='Appearance']89725f01-6144-4b68-929f-2a5cf3fc32b3_zps

[/spoiler]

Personality: Ander is what some might call a 'cheerful cynic'. He views the world as nothing more than an animalistic competition for survival. He believes that even the most selfless of actions are incited by selfish intentions, and that no human is truly moral. As a result, he feels that his acts of crime are perfectly justified. After all, life is just a game to him. The strong and cunning flourish in prosperity, while the weak and 'moral' had better either die or find a secluded hole to hide in.

Despite all of this, Ander doesn't live his life with depression. Quite the contrary; he's accepted his world view cheerfully. If he needs to kiss ass; fine. If he needs to steal from the innocent; so be it. As a matter of fact, one could go so far as to say that he enjoys the thrill of this 'game of survival' known as life. He's become a master of deception, and is easily able to sweet-talk and flatter his way out of problems. However, this is nothing more than a rouse. When he's not trying to convince somebody that he's trustworthy, Ander greatly enjoys mocking and teasing others. This is particularly true when he is talking with people who are self-righteous or overly moral. He can't help but ridicule the foolishness of these individuals, often earning their enmity. However, some might consider this to be Ander's playful side. It's just a shame that what Ander considers 'play' causes virtually every person he talks to to hate him.

Ander is also a bit of a kleptomaniac. His years of theft and criminal activity have caused him to develop uncontrollable urges to pick-pocket nearly anyone who comes close enough to him. Unfortunately for society, he's very talented at what he does. Most people never even know he has the contents of their pockets or purses until they arrive home.

Faction: Duelist

[spoiler='Bio:'] Ander's parents started out very poor. They made a great deal of bad economic choices during their early years of marriage, and ended up suffering the consequences later on. Each of them had to have two jobs just to make ends meet. Despite this fact, they both tried to make the best of their lives, and were doing quite well with it. That is, until Ander's mother became pregnant with him. What was first the great joy of life soon turned into his parent's greatest misery; his mother was already sickly, and the pregnancy just made things worse. She was soon unable to work at all, and his father's jobs alone couldn't pay the bills. Before long, Ander's father became extremely depressed and angry, particularly at his unborn child, whom he believed to be the cause of their suffering. To make matters worse, Ander's mother became more and more ill with each passing day, and his father was unable to pay the medical bills. Desperate and full of loathing, he turned to a force he believed could save him; the devil. In his deep hatred, he offered the devil not only his own soul, but also the life of his soon-to-be-born child in exchange for wealth, power, and his wife's recovery. Sure enough, the very next day Ander's father awoke to find a lottery ticket laying beside his pillow. Excited, he quickly turned on the television to check the winning lottery numbers. Sure enough, his ticket was the winner.

Ander's father could not contain his joy at this point. After his initial 'victory dance', he immediately rushed off to the hospital where his wife was staying. However, he soon found out that he would not even need to pay medical expenses; she had gotten well enough to be released overnight. From that point on, fortune smiled upon the Grayfield family. All of their investments paid off splendidly, and their position in the hierarchy of society rose drastically. Within just a few months, Grayfield had become a household name. They were so powerful, people often describe them as 'knowing the government's home phone number'.

However, it was also around this time that Ander's mother went into labor, and eventually gave birth. Ander's father knew that he had to keep his end of the bargain, otherwise all would be lost. He told his beloved wife about his predicament, mistakenly believing that she would understand; they could just have another child, after all. Well, as it turns out, most mothers don't particularly like having their babies taken away. Mrs. Grayfield was certainly no exception to this rule. She refused to let Ander's father near the child, going so far as to have him arrested for criminal intent. Of course, with his connections, he wasn't detained for very long. It was long enough, however, for Ander's mother to take the child and run. Her husband used all of the resources at his disposal to try and hunt her down, even going so far as to hire trained assassins to take care of the child. However, he had no luck. She continuously evaded capture, almost as if some unseen force was watching over her.

As it turns out, the devil isn't particularly fond of clients who don't fulfill their end of a bargain. The Grayfield fortune collapsed within a matter of days, leaving Ander's father as nothing more than an abandoned and dejected beggared. That wasn't all, however. Ander's mother once again grew severely ill, and with no one to fund her treatment, over the years she only got worse. She lived only until around Ander's seventh birthday, when she finally died and left her child to fend for himself in this harsh world. With her dying breath, she warned Ander to stay away from his father. Her final words were; “You must survive...at all costs...”

Ander, now alone and unable to seek help for fear of his father finding him, was left to survive on the streets. It was hard, for a long while. But he adapted. He had to survive, if not for his own sake, then for his mother's. He learned to steal what he needed from unsuspecting store-owners and passers-by. He got caught a lot at first, but a swift kick to the unmentionables always bought him enough time to escape. Eventually, he became quite a talented thief. Some even might go so far as to say he became a legend of sorts. The 'Ghost Child', they called him. Mainly for his ability to appear and then disappear with valuables in the blink of an eye. However, the child thief's life was soon changed drastically.

Among the goods Ander stole were a significant number of the ever-popular 'Duel Monsters' cards. Most of the cards he got were common and cheap, so he never thought anything of them aside from pieces of cardboard to sell to pawn shops. This all changed, however, when he one day came across 'Hollow-Eyes Wight Dragon'. It was an ultra-rare card; the only one of it's kind. He couldn't help but over hear one of the rich kids brag about it to his friends; since his father designed Duel Monsters for a living, he got tons of exclusive cards as gifts from him. All of the other kids were in awe. As a matter of fact, so was Ander. An exclusive Duel Monster card? Only one in the world? He was sure that he could sell it for a fortune, if he could just get his hands on it. Fortunately for him, it was all too easy to 'accidentally bump' into the rich kid and grab Hollow-Eyes in the confusion. However, the rest of the ordeal certainly didn't go as planned.

It turns out that the world takes Duel Monsters very seriously, particularly when a rare card is involved. In Ander's childish ignorance, he completely overlooked the fact that since Hollow-Eyes was one-of-a-kind, the fact that it was stolen would be all over the news. Therefore it was only natural that the first card trader Ander tried to sell it reported it to Sector Security, which was already swarming the area in search of the thief. What followed was a long-lasting chase through the streets as Ander desperately tried to avoid capture. He almost succeeded, too. That is, until a lone Sector Security officer cornered him on a bridge. The officer slowly approached Ander, arms outstretched to grab him. However, the boy quickly dived through the officers legs and began to run once again. This didn't go over too well with the officer, who wasn't at all willing to spend more hours chasing down this 'punk brat'. He removed a taser from his pocket and prepared to lunge at the child thief. In his panic, Ander did the first thing that came to mind; he swiftly kicked the officer in the crotch, causing him to careen backwards towards the railing. Now in an adrenaline-induced rage, Ander continued the assault with a shove, hoping to knock the officer down to buy enough time to escape. Once again, however, Ander forgot about one important fact; the officer was already right against the railing of the bridge.

Ander watched in horror as the Sector Security officer plummeted down to his death on the street below. Mortified at what he had done, he first backed away slowly, and then ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction. As tears covered his face and blurred his vision, he slumped down in a random ally way and cried his heart out. He never wanted to kill anyone. He never even wanted to hurt anyone. Why did this have to happen? What had he ever done to deserve this kind of criminal life? These and many more questions flooded his mind like a storm of negative emotions. Ander simply couldn't take the guilt. He felt like he had failed his mother and become like his hated father. His mind was literally falling apart, when he heard a small voice in his head, coming from his subconscious. Soothing and calming, it grew louder and more prevalent as it spoke on. It said to him; “It doesn't matter. None of it matters. Particularly not that dead man. After all, life is just a game. He lost; you won. That's all there is to it. Why are you crying over your victory? This is life. This the game. Your mother wanted you to win, and you did. Don't let her down. Keep on winning. That's all that matters.” In Ander's chaotic mental state, this was his mind's attempt at redemption; it's final attempt to maintain it's sanity. And Ander accepted it with open arms. He stood up, dusted himself off, and continued on his merry way with a smile on his reddened, teary face. “I'll survive. I'll win.” He told himself as he walked onwards. “I'll make Mom proud. I'll prove to my father that I'm a winner. No matter what the cost.” He looked down at the card that had started this whole mess; Hollow-Eyes Wight Dragon. “And...this card will help me. I'll make it to the top. I'll win. I'll survive. I'll never give up, no matter what gets in my way. I'll keep coming back, no matter how many times I'm knocked down. Yes...this card fits me perfectly.” He finished with a smirk.

Years passed, and Ander continued his life of crime with ever-growing vigor. He made a powerful deck of zombie cards that he stole from various victims, and proceeded to appear in public to challenge duelists, sporting a Halloween mask to hide his identity. He became a well-known criminal, wanted for countless charges of theft and 1 possible charge of murder. Over the years his methods of theft and escape have only continued to improve, and no matter how hard sector security tries, they haven't been able to track him down as of yet.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Song: Drift'][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4MAaGJMBdY[/media]

[/spoiler]

Deck:  Zombie Swarm

[/spoiler]

Archived