Yu-Gi-Oh Arcadia [PG-13/OoC/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote] Sorry >.> Is it bad enough that I should try and re-write it?[/quote] It's good, it's really good~ I'm just saying it's long for a teenager, detailing a relatively mundane background, and is probably three times longer than it could've been. But detail is great. Yeah.

Jeimuzu your accepted. 

oh and I see your a Touhou too, hmm... I wonder who else is a Touhou int his roleplay, besides Toyo

...wonder where Saph's disappeared to. I'll need her sooner or later...

Not to mention that she's got a plot to advance :/

Sorry, people were being difficult IRL... 

Oh, sorry about the speed, I'm trying to balance moving us into the main plot, while giving everyone enough time to do side plots and whatnot. 

Well, sh*t, now I've become motivated to make another app... @__@

Err, if it's alright with you, Sapph, would it be alright to introduce the character as a random NPC (if the app isn't created/finished/accepted before then)?

Also, I still need to get Marzell into Neo Domino, and I still don't know if he's gonna have to deal with any border patrol/Sector Security.

[spoiler=Second App (W.I.P.)]
“'Alloween may be only once a year, but that don't mean I can't make the uvver days me own "Mischief Night"! Oi!”

Name: Samuel Hainz

Age: Unknown (appears to be in his late-20s/mid-30s, physically)

[spoiler=Appearance]
Halloween_Messenger_reg.jpg
[/spoiler]
Personality: By default, Samuel is an affable individual, very approachable despite his appearance. During festivities, he can be seen putting on a entertaining display for Neo Domino City's youth, and even outside of that he can be quite cordial and charming. However, when times are less energetic (such as the calm of late night), Sam will prowl the streets, looking to "liven things up a bit": at best, it would be a simple, if not a little-less-than-harmless, prank, but at worst, he will attack the next individual he sees with murderous intentions, looking to tear out your jugular while grinning from ear to ear. He's also been noted to go into suicidal bouts of depression and frustration, which would include (and is not limited to) inflicting bodily harm to himself via cutting/clawing at himself (though it heals almost instantly), and smashing his head against walls and such, but only succeeding, at most, in getting a small laceration to his forehead coupled with a headache. Seriously, he's caused more damage to a reinforced steel door than to himself. In spite of his murderous/suicidal moments, he has noted personally that being around innocent-minded individuals, especially young children, keeps him at ease.

Faction: Psychic

Bio: {A minimum of ten lines}
Samuel doesn't not remember much of his earliest moments in life, save for a few blurry glances of a viewpoint inside of a containment tube filled with an unknown liquid. For all he knows, his life began no less than two-or-three years ago, (re)born as a science experiment created by the Neo Arcadia Movement's secret labs, an artificial Psychic "soldier" for a war which he knows not a thing about, or even that such a war would be taking place.

The first few months of his life would be filled with immense mental and emotional agony; the very sight of his bestial visage in a mirror was enough to cause him to scream and howl in horror and disgust, and his artificially bestowed Psychic powers, still new and unrefined, brought many an unwanted voice and thought into his mind, causing him stress and further agony, in addition to hindering his psychic training. Still, these pains previously mentioned were nothing compared to the pain of isolation, being forced to live his first few months in a small, 6' x 8' soundproof cell, not allowed any company or companionship outside of "Davian" and the other scientists, who saw him as a "thing" at best. Many times he had tried to end this suffering, and yet all of his attempts were fruitless....

As time went on, and his powers developed and matured, Sam was allowed to travel outside of his cell, but was forbidden from interacting with the Neo Arcadia's "recruits". This he didn't mind; so long as he was free to do as he wished (within an allotted amount of time), Sam did not care. During the day, he would travel the streets of Neo Domino City, keeping himself entertained (and sane) by masquerading as a street performer, performing stunts and tricks for passersby. During the nights, Sam would travel the desolate streets of the Satellite, stalking unsuspecting victims wandering by themselves and, depending on the phases of the moon, would either spook them or outright kill them out of a momentarily uncontrollable blood-lust. However, if he does end up murdering someone, he immediately feels immense regret and guilt upon regaining his senses, and will go into another suicidal tangent. Still, deep in his mind, a part of him has resigned to the "fact" that he is a "creature".

The only times when Samuel is completely devoid of any murderous/suicidal thoughts are on the days of Halloween (where he puts on a grand performance for the Trick-or-Treaters, among other things), and All Saints' Day, the day after Halloween, which is when he is truly at his most peaceful.

Theme Song:
Main Theme: "Moon Trance" by Lindsey Stirling
Duel Theme (Default): "White Requiem" (BlazBlue OST)
Duel Theme (Major): "Last Riccardo" (Haunting Ground OST)

Deck: "Halloween" Archetype, whose main strategy is to "treat" the opponent with extra draws, whilst working toward the main "trick" of milling the opponent's Deck.

Other notes:
~ In addition to the usual ability of giving monsters physical form, Samuel also possesses the ability to read others thoughts. At first, this power could not be controlled, and so he was forced to hear many voices at once. Now, he's able to cancel out these voices at will, and is able to pin-point any small number of voices/thoughts at any given time. Being the proper sportsman, Samuel has had a "limiter" put in place that prevents him from reading his opponent's thoughts (both accidentally and on purpose) in a Duel.
~ Sam does celebrate the other major holidays, but applies a Halloween Twist to the festivities (i.e., decorating a Christmas Tree with Halloween ornaments).
~ Tells people that his appearance is merely a "cosplay". It helps that two of his cards actually share his appearance. In fact, he utilizes these two monsters for various purposes, such as reconnaissance, decoys, use in his performances, and even to gang-up on enemies.
[/spoiler]

Anyone mind interacting with Marzell?  He's still in Satellite, on his way toward Neo Domino City.

Right, I should note for you King that no there's no Satellite border control, they've just let it return back to disrepair. 

Hmmm now we play the waiting game.

Sorry I have school and then a part time job. I do try to make 1 post a day though, I can try to be more active, but sometimes its just hard...

Admiral, you do realize, hes just met them, doesn't know what's going on, neither is wearing a uniform, and he's a superhero

Since when did you assume the bolded part? I can understand Naomi not having a uniform 'cause she hasn't decided whether to take up the badge or not, but you'd expect the rest of the fuzz to have full uniform on when on duty, which Akihiro is.

Archived