Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon

chibi_galaxy_eyes_photon_dragon_by_rapht

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2monsters with 2000 or more ATK. During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both it and this card. At the end of the Battle Phase, return any monsters banished by this effect to the field, and if the other monster was an Xyz Monster, this card gains 500 ATKfor each Xyz Material it had when it was banished.

Becuase of the new Zexal Tin, I built Galaxy/Photons w/machine dupe. It's fun, and a nice change of pace.

Photon Sanctuary. Photon Sanctuary. Photon Sanctuary.

The Galaxy support has given Galaxy-Eyes a solid boost as well, especially consistency. As for Galaxion, Photons need more support in decent monster form. Their support is kind of all over the place.

I always viewed Galaxy-Eyes as extremely badass, and loved the card immediately. The Deck is also extremely fun to play. Hmm...maybe I should try my hand at writing a guide on the Deck's design.

inb4evilfusion/Zextra

Even though I don't like the Blue-Eyes replacement, there's no debate about him being better. Has some pretty mean Galaxy plays that I have had the 'privilege' of being at the other end of.

No, it's only ever inb4evilfusion. Zextra may have played or experimented with Photon/Galaxy, but I piloted the Deck and design long before that, and am unquestionably the Galaxy-Eyes fanboy on the site.

That image was made by my good friend Raphtil on deviantART.

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Galaxy-Eyes-Photon-Dragon-315912047

He would appreciate the correct citation of his work.

Anyways, the monster is pretty good, with a solid effect, SS conditions, and support.

evilfusion.dek is quite fun in casual play thanks to this bad boy, and without GEPD, such a deck wouldn't exist.

=|

This is why people bitch at you. You're not adding anything constructive, you're just bitching. This is, at BEST, a matter that MODERATORS should deal with, not someone toting a gun and acting like you have the authority to tell people not to use art they found on the internet, probably via google.

Hell, this isn't even being used as a CARD, so it's not even remotely close to complaint worthy. Should we give credit to the specific artist of a card every time we have a discussion on it?

Stop minimodding and post constructively.

OT: It is completely and totally average. It's not bad and it's not incredibly good. The edge it has is fanboys.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but clicking the image in the OP goes to a page that explicitly mentions the artist in the link. The OP did not claim he had made it himself.

Now drop the subject of the pic, please.

'Twas already dropped here and resolved in PM before you made this post

Very well. I was unaware, and simply didn't want to make the topic de-volve into fighting. This topic is about Galaxy-Eyes, after all.

LIGHT Dragon has plenty of support, with REDMD, Honest, etc. Galaxy support with Wizard, Expedition, and Knight all aid it immensely. Galaxy Expedition is amazing thanks to Wizard, actually. It's nearly impossible to kill by battle except Damage Step shenanigans, and its anti-Xyz effect is amusing against Zenmaines and so forth. I have somewhat of a cocky phrase to say whenever my opponent Xyz Summons when I have Galaxy-Eyes out (assuming they're going for a Rank that's unlikely to thwart Galaxy-Eyes).

I just hate it when my opponent Reborns this from MY Graveyard against me. Dammit, that's the only thing that really kills me about this.

Photon Sanctuary, Galaxy Knight, Galaxy Wizard, Expedition, Zero, this thing has support coming out of it's faintly glowing ears. But, of course, we await more Galaxy/Photon support that could make this even better/easier to summon.

Isn't Galaxy Dragun being released? It's a Level 4 2000 ATK monster that gets Galaxy support and doesn't have any drawback (so far). Possible tech?

The best Blue-Eyes knock-off since Blue-Eyes.

I Reborned it against evilfusion once, then TRIBUTED IT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Didn't I absolutely destroy you the following turn in revenge? I seem to recall actually saying "No one steals my Galaxy-Eyes and then TRIBUTES it!"

It's vaguely flattering when people only win because they stole my Galaxy-Eyes. Like, they literally had no hope of winning otherwise. Silly Wind-Ups...

It's vaguely flattering when people only win because they stole-

No, in general people have a thing for stealing the other guy's ace card, and then throwing it back in their face.
Its funny as hell, regardless.

Their support is kind of all over the place.

First it was Joey
Then it was Chazz
Next up was Crow
Now its Kaito's turn
All secondary characters are prone to this: Deck has a singular goal in mind, then becomes a clusterfux that's riddled with stuff that's either filler, a plot device, or something decent/playable.
Plus, Photons tend to focus on having 2000 ATK, so it's hard to come up with something that's defensive, when they are encourage offensive plays. So, partially, Photons can't help it.

Archived