Legend Moon [OOC/PG-13/Started/Always Accepting] *sequel*

Merci

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm writing up a thingy on the thieves guild. It'll only be short, but it'll give something for you to add to the first post about, and it helps me release my creativity. I've kinda had it building up inside for a while.

It'll basically just have the other 4 originals and a bit of info on the Guild there. I've left a space for Felice, which I might fill in later, or one of you two can write a short paragraph or two.

But yeah, I should probably get some sleep. I'll finish writing that and post it, and then I'm off. Should be about 1am here by then.

EDIT

Here you go. Left a space for 'Felice the Cat'. Thanks for inspiring the animal-names Kneesocks. Gave it a little bit extra which I liked. So I took it. Hope you dont mind.

And if any of the Members seem to have what you had in mind for Felice, just mention it. Felice takes priority over the other 4 obviously.

[spoiler=The Thieves Guild]

The Thieves Guild of Noirlune

The Thieves Guild was formed about 25 years ago, unofficially, by a then 6 year old named James Hector Miles, better known as ‘Jimmy the Snake’. He was joined by 5 other youths, none older than 6, who became the original Thieves guild, each display an innate talent for the field. They eventually built the guild up to what it is now, extending its operations out from mere thievery to multiple other pursuits, dealing with anything from Assassination to Money Laundering to Couriers.

Nowadays, the guild numbers over 100 in membership, with talents ranging from measly pickpocket-ers to professional Hit-men to powerful mages, though the original 6 still remain at the top of the Guild’s ‘food-chain’:

‘Jimmy the Snake’ – also known as the King of Thieves, and the Leader of the Guild – is the potions expert of the guild, and raised it to what it is today. He also handles most of the major operations and strategies, and acts as the public voice of the Guild, being its most prominent member. He is known for being one of, if not the deadliest man in the guild, having taken down a Werewolf single-handedly.

‘Bolag the Ox’ is a man as large as the animal he is named for, with the strength to match. Even as a child, he was larger than those his age, being nearly 4 and a half feet by the age of 6; when he was ‘recruited’. He acted as the ‘muscle’ of the group, defending them from ‘gangs’ of older kids, and being able to lift large objects the others could not. He was especially useful in breaking down doors.

Nowadays, he acts mostly as a trainer to new recruits, as well as a large threat to those who disrespect the Guild. Reaching about 7 foot, and with incredibly large muscles, he is a force to be reckoned with, matching even vampires in physical strength.

‘Katrina the Owl’ is the resident mage of the Guild. Her intelligence is almost as much as Jimmy’s himself, and her knowledge of the magical arts is almost unrivalled within the guild. Even as a young girl, without any formal training, she was able to manipulate the fabric of magic in a basic way, producing lights for the young group, and causing chaos when needed.

At the present time, she acts as a scholar, and trains wannabe mages in the simpler arts of magic. Being self taught, she is not as precise or delicate as those produced by larger schools of magic, but her raw power and intellect prove invaluable, and her spells of destruction are known to be particularly potent and painful.

‘Fari the Fly’ was supposedly a very annoying child, and his irritating-ness has only just increased. He was not particularly intelligent, nor strong, nor fast, nor witty, nor did he have much skill in magic. But what he was perfect for was distraction and as a scapegoat. He was generally ignored by the majority of people, and so as a little child he was invaluable in getting gossip, as well as providing someone to blame things on, for people generally didn’t care about him.

Nowadays, his intelligence and skills have increased, and he has become somewhat of a deadly person within the guild, respected as much as the other 5. But his main forte remains in the skill of scouting and information gathering. Indeed, he is possibly the most adept at keeping hidden, like a fly on a wall, and teaches the basics of hiding and stealth to new-comers. He’s also invaluable in black-mailing, as he always seems to know gossip, and is definitely one of the most talented manipulators of victims.

‘Tamathi the Shark’ is one of the more aggressive members of the guild, and was always one of the big mouths as kids. While it did get them into trouble more often than not, he was a key in making the Guild a success. While they got scorn from a lot of the elder gangs, Shari was one of the ones to spread the word, and eventually increase their reputation to what it is today. He was also the first to invite a new person into the guild, the 7th member, and as such handles recruiting today, his charisma and confidence inspiring newcomers, while his aggression and relentlessness hones them.

His talents are far more generic than the others, being much more of a soldier than a thief, but he provides the guild with a guard/protection, and introduces new weaponry to the guild. He acts as the weapons-master, and also heads the guild’s own forge and blacksmith, though he takes little part in the smithing itself.

‘Felice the Cat’ …

The original 6 hold most of the power of the guild, and outside of them, names are generally meaningless and forgotten. While many of the guild’s members are deadly and dangerous in their own right, the 6 are the most deadly, and are feared among the city guard, though they currently pose little political threat, for none seem to wish much for political power.

The Guild appears to be neutral in the Werewolf affair, though the vast majority seem to support the mayor and the city over Sir Wylfred. [/spoiler]

Um, Magnet, maybe you forgot that Richard is immune to the lycanthrope infection. As such, you can possibly have Jimmy assume that he has created a cure, unaware of Richard's existence, minus the fact that he is Azami's right hand man.

Also, you think you could possibly add this Thieves Guild as former competition to the Myriad Truth? I'm just throwing out ideas. You can use them if you want in any shape or form. Up to you.

Well I'd prefer they actually had an alliance. Honestly yes I'll do that, an alliance would give you just as much to talk about as a Rival(Tho I agree two separate professions, if anything it would be more beneficial to be allies, tho a shaky one)

[quote]'Guild' being a hub for Assassinations, Fraud, Poisonings(Both lethal and non-lethal), Distractions, 'Persuasion', Blackmailing, Bribery, Extortion and much more[/quote]

They'd definitely be competition for Myriad Truth. There's no way that two guilds who rely on business and death would ever forge an alliance.

Oh, and I'm editing the first post to include them. Factions are fun.

If you're including Richard in the cure (Honestly forgot about him, sorry), then you could potentially include the Wolfsbane potion anywayy? Silver & Wolfsbane have generally been regarded as historical 'cures' for Lycanthropy, in our world's mythology.

So a mixture of Silver, Wolfsbane and Richard's blood or something could be a better cure. I would say that there isn't an actual cure, past whatever Wylfred's looking for in the Aeon, but Richard's Blood added to the current mixture could create a temporary cure?

Besides, the Wolfsbane thing at the moment just protects from a lot of the physical changes. In fact, the mental state of the consumer is effected more by the moon, meaning it's more detrimental to the control of the werewolf form. It's just easier to contain within a locked room or something.

~~

Alliance would be good, but competition may seem more realistic.

However, I doubt the Thieves could would've been big enough to compete with Myriad Truth at the time of its downfall, so perhaps The Guild took advantage of the missing Assassination group to branch into Assassinations, helping their growth?

I don't think of wolfsbane as a cure. It's more like a lycanthropic suppressant in my eyes. If ever a werewolf is truly 'cured', there's a high chance they'll end up worse off than Claudia. All wolfsbane probably does is suppress the lycanthropy down from activation from activation, and if one is already in werewolf form, well I imagine it'd be like skinning them alive in humongous amounts. Which, of course, kills them. Tiny amounts just burn.

Exactly. It's deadly to humans anyway, in real life; for Werewolves it's just less damaging. In high amounts it would probably achieve the same effects - asphixiation and complete shut down of the body. Aconite, it's one of the deadliest poisons out there.

It's still useful, allowing the containment of non-trained werewolves. It shouldn't become a massive plot point though, it'd probably just be a useful weapon against the werewolves for the resistance, and part of Jimmy's race for a cure.

Felice is part werewolf then? Oooo. Perhaps she could be the only person who knows of Jimmy's 'condition', and could be helping treat it. Yes?

And Kneesocks, do you want to post the first thieves guild post, or should I?

Herm... You... I plan on Felicia Infiltrating the spire for a reason... a mission perhaps?

And actually she is full werewolf just that she is in permanent half transformation. Which by Wylfred/Merciful's words should lead to Anger and adrenaline but shes lived with it her whole life shes learned to control her instincts.

I guessed as much already. She's similar to Richard in a way, but unfortunately, only her upper body is immune. Even then, it's not so much immunity as it is some kind of...blockage. Maybe it's due to her unnatural SUPER OVARIES!!! Because there are so many little eggs inside, they block out the lycanthropy from spreading upwards- *shot*

As for infiltrating the Spire...yeah, Raphael got lucky, but that's going to be really hard now that the defenses are back up. But hey, you can always try.

A city underneath the city. There went all if the fancy earth bending derpness I had planned lol

It's not a city, and it's not under the entire of Noirlune. It's basically some giant market hall sort of place.

[spoiler=Sorta like this]Budapest_great_market_hall.jpg[/spoiler]

But not as big(In both dimensions), with no sunlight, and less neat and organised. It's built underneath a large part sewer system underneath Noirlune.

I would assume the rest of Noirlune has normal earth underneath it, mixed with the rest of the sewer system.

The guild on the 3rd story underneath noirlune. The 1st is obviously the sewer system, and the second is pretty much nothing. Some old maintenance crew stuff I would assume, and that's about it.

It's incredibly difficult to get into the guild without being a member. Many guards will have obviously tried, but there are very few entrances within the sewer system, all of which will be guarded, and many will be boobytrapped. Clients, recruits and mercenaries are blindfolded when being taken into the guild, and carried at least some of the way, to prevent counting of footsteps. But there are obviously some non-members down in the guild-market-thing, hence the rather large crowd.

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I like the whole underground system thing you've designed. Yes, unlike Nuevida, the earth underneath Noirlune is just...well, earth. But you know, the place you've created seems rather huge. How large is the Thieves Guild anyway? Do they only operate in Noirlune? Because the way you make it sound and the deep level of planning behind it, it seems like something that would rather stretch across all of Lath ('tis a small world anyway).

In any case, I may just take advantage of this...no. I will definitely take advantage of this.

It reminds me of my original plan with the werewolf invasions; they'd enter the city through underground tunnels, but I decided to change it in favor of outright charging straight at the walls, smashing into them, and invading.

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I like the whole underground system thing you've designed. Yes, unlike Nuevida, the earth underneath Noirlune is just...well, earth. But you know, the place you've created seems rather huge. How large is the Thieves Guild anyway? Do they only operate in Noirlune? Because the way you make it sound and the deep level of planning behind it, it seems like something that would rather stretch across all of Lath ('tis a small world anyway).

In any case, I may just take advantage of this...no. I will definitely take advantage of this.

It reminds me of my original plan with the werewolf invasions; they'd enter the city through underground tunnels, but I decided to change it in favor of outright charging straight at the walls, smashing into them, and invading.

Again, I'll refer to a marketplace analogy. There's obviously some sort of organisation there, but most of it isn't even the Thieves Guild. A lot of the stalls are mercenaries and assassins looking for contracts/offering their services. The thieves guild provides support and a space. As said, they only have 100 members, they're just rather influential now. In fact, they act quite a bit like a mafia of some sort, with the 6 as the dons of said mafia.

They should only really be as powerful as they are now due to the lack of any rivalries from other organisations, as most of the others  (ie, myriad truth) have long since died out, and they are ruthless when it comes to new organisations.

They only truly operate in Noirlune. They can have missions that extend outside of Noirlune, but their only real base is Noirlune.

I regret not creating this earlier now. >.> I should follow instincts more.

Archived